starting uni,how do i survive?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cauteriZed
im very nervous about starting university and wondered if anyone had any advice about how to cope once i begin in less than two weeks!any advice about student life is welcomesmile

The Ones
stay away from booze and drugs

dave123
ask lil b for advice, i dont have a clue sad

cauteriZed
whos lil b?

The Ones
lil bitchness i presume

cauteriZed
eh?

Clavis
jep its lil

cauteriZed
im confused blink

Clovie
i'm starting this year too.
and only thing i know is i won't survive it cry

cauteriZed
aww,why do you think that?if its any consolation i dont think ill survive it either..... sad

Clovie
what i know is that i'll be urged to learn.
and learn
and learn messed

i chosed wrong direction blink

Clavis
oooh well ull all fit in well and just be social then youll get everywhere.. even to the non geek partys eek!

cauteriZed
were are you from clovie?

Clovie
poland.

cauteriZed
im from scotland

Dr. Strangelove
Well I'm in college right now. My first few weeks have been great, everybody seems nice. As Clavis said if your socially active you'll have no problems.

cauteriZed
im just concerned that ill miss out on making as many friends because im living at home due to the cost of halls of residence

Dr. Strangelove
I'm living at home too as not to my knowledge their's no dorm at the college I'm going to because it's a community college and its pretty small for colleges at least and I'm not ready to live on my own yet.

Really college is nowhere near as hectic as high school in almost every fashion. I would just try to meet new people in your classes, you'll do fine.

cauteriZed
thanks dr strangelove.its been a big concern of mine.id like to move out next year,so for my second year in uni id be perhaps renting a flat but who knows.its such a stress thinking about these things.have you found the people in your classes approachable?

big gay kirk
buy a Breville Sandwich toaster... and make sure its a Breville, none of the other makes seal properly....

big gay kirk
seriously... you won't regret it...

cauteriZed
i really like toasties.i may start a toastie appreciation thread

Dr. Strangelove
No prob, I think its good your not doing everything at once. I couldn't imagine myself starting in college and living on my own for the first time, too much pressure. Yeah everybody has been nice to me and very approachable. I think in college most people are a lot more mature and really its pretty stupid to get thrown out as colleges don't care as they alread have your money for classes. wink

One word for advice I would give you is if you know what classes your taking, get a map of the campus and a couple of days before your first day, go to where your classes are locacted. It really helped me the first few days, because I knew where my classes were instead of feeling lost.

cauteriZed
you are so right,it would be to much for me to go head first in and live alone while doing my course.one of the things i am looking forward to is being with people who are more mature ,the students at skool drove me crazy.we had seniors putting up orlando bloom and beyonce posters in our common room for goodness sake.anyhoo hopefully the people i meet will have the same attitude as yourself,you seem really nice.

Dr. Strangelove
Thanks and I would've called the cops on the Orlando poster saying that it was grafitti wink

Have a great time at college!!!

JediHDM
my advice is, GO TO CLASS, EVERY CLASS, EVERY DAY.

oh, and do the homework, whether it is manadatory or not. if you don't, you will end up in really bad shape. like me sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.