What about Count Dooku...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master Kadub
Count Dooku seems to be forgotten in a lot of the threads as of late; and I dont want to go into over kill on something we've touched on before, but I do want to revisit the subject.

Lucas creates a new villian it seems for every movie and Dooku was not different in the AOTC, but in ROTS he is suppose to die. Is he struck down by Anakin; killed by Mace Windu or maybe General Grievious doesnt agree with one of Dooku's decisions that is Jedi like and back stabes him....?

I really never understood why GL goes and creates a new villian when there is so much more he can still elaborate on with Dooku...

Darth Sauron
Anakin cuts off his head.

Morgoths_Wrath
GL leaves it up to his fans to elaborate i think. with fan-fics, novels, TV series, video games, etc. Yea, it would be cool to learn more about Dooku but i havent heard of anything that came out about him since AOTC came out

Anakin2Vader
Dooku sucks... he should have been in Ep I as a Jedi to give his charachter in Ep2 more credibility

Master Kadub
I think GL waisted two great characters just to create another one and he is about to waist another one....

Darth Maul is killed off in TPM
Jango Fett is killed off in AOTC
Count Dook and General Grievious are killed off in ROTS

unbelievable.....then again many villians and heros die in war.....

Anakin2Vader
Killing Jango would have worked if Boba would have suited up for Ep 3 but we all know how GL likes to cast little kids who cant act so he ruined that. Maul was awesome I think everyone would have loved to see more of him but I do Like Ep 1 as is (well thats not true but at least I liked Mauls role) Dooku was just terrible... there was no mystery as to what side he was on... that was cleared up a month in advance when his Sith Lord figure came out... if not way before then by spoilers

Cowboyography
Christopher Lee said "Lucas I am the God of Hollywood, and I want to be in a Star Wars Movie" And so it was.......

PVS
he sure did make a great dracula

it seems that poor mr. lee has been type cast though.

when has he ever NOT been a sinister bad guy?

darktim1
he will pay for what he has done to anakin I thought he would have lived for awhile in ep3 guess not.

Cowboyography
Actually glad you asked PVS, of his 219 movie rolls and 57 television appearances (from old hitchcock to charlies angels) he has not been a villain 8 times. Just a cool little fact about one of my favorite actors, and honestly I kinda like dooku and based my entire post trilogy storyline about his son rising to jedi power.

PVS
thats quite an impressive trivia fact!

you certainly are a dedicated cristopher lee fan!big grin

Cowboyography
ever see the Wicker Man? great flick with Lee as a cross dressing cult leader. He runs his own Sex Island and when a girl gos missing an English cop tries to solve the mystery. Best ending ever for a Lee movie. Although I cant say I have seen em all.

PVS
edit>>>oops

Cowboyography
that was on the Jeremy Irons is GG thread

PVS
what i posted there mistakenly was:
i also have heared that he is a descendant of italian royalty, is this true?

Cowboyography
aye tis true

Cipher
It really does seem like a waste of talent to kill off Dooku right away.
I don't have a problem with Anakin killing him, but it could be a little later in the film.
Alas, it seems Lucas prefers digital creations to talented living actors.......

darktim1
I think he wants the movie to get off with a faster more intense start like he says when he directs his movies also he would want to connect the ep2 really quick sp than he can get into main story of ep3 for now may force be with you.

rayj
yeah I want him to connect up really fast with the episode 2 and 3, so we can get the better part of episode 3, VADER!

Cipher
Ie doesn't sound like Vader is going to be doing much, unfortunately.....

PVS
well, thats depend on when he actually takes the name 'vader'...but it does neem we will not see much action from mech darth vader....but im not disappointed, as long as they can make anakin's downfall believable. after all, he will start out as a "good man" as ben put it, and end up being the scourge of the galaxy in just over 2 hours. thats alot of story to cram into that amount of time

Cipher
Definitely a good point there. I've been wondering if they might be using the name Vader as technicality to throw off suspicion when they answer questions.

PVS
who knows...
but that is a debate for another thread i guess.
people tend to strongly disagree on the whole issue of
"when does anakin take the name Darth Vader"

queeq
What PVS said.

guiro72
i found the last enormously long thread on anakin taking the vader name very helpful.....it helped me a lot to clarify the different theories regrding the situation....i now think the best answer is that he takes the name earlier in the film, when he is not in the armour, and then reveals his new name to obi wan during the duel....we'll see....(getting close now yeah?!!)......

queeq
The armour and the name are not related.

guiro72
dooku is pretty cool....he's not on screen much, but then neither is palpatine in the ot....that's ok....at first i thought maybe lucas could've used chris lee better, built up more of a mood/aura around the character, and really got the most out of lee....but is still cool....

guiro72
what queeq said....(but still waiting to see officially).....

queeq
Absolutely. I was surprised Lucas didn't use him more in AOTC, more spread around in the whole story. All we hear is about A Lord Tyrannus.... then halfways suddenly Dooku pops up (here the mood of the movie changes drastically for the better) and all the way in the end we hear Dook=Tyrannus, when we don't really care because the link Tyrannus was to bring OB1 to Jango but he's already dead... Not great storytelling there.

PVS
i was disappointed to not see much of lee sad
as another poster stated, we should

*erased?? damn this forums getting weird.k ill finish it again*

-we should have seen more screen time of lee, and even seen him in episode1...perhaps meeting up with quigon and informing him that he has broken his ties with the jedi...something

guiro72
lucas always puts cool characters in limited screen time (boba fett, maul, dooku etc.)....many complained that vader was hardly in anh when it came out....just watch it twice.....

PVS
LOL great idea...but then i'll be getting twice the jar jar as well sad\
i know he was only in the film for like 1 minute....but he still managed to annoy the crap out of me.

guiro72
the best song in the world may be only 2 mins 50 secs.....i actually thought that they tried to make jar jar more annoying than ep I deliberately....i found him much more annoying than ep I....

queeq
But in cases like Maul and Boba, it's no biggie. They made quite an impact with their limited screen time. So did Vader actually. Even with his limited scenes in ANH he rocked the world.
In case of Dooku, he's a fairly crucial element of the story. Fett and Maul are hardly that. They serve their purpose and that purpose was fairly limited.

Cipher
Putting Dooku in Ep.1 would've been good, if he'd had that idea sooner.

Why not a new scene or sequence in Ep.1 if it comes out in a boxed set?
Put Dooku on Naboo with the Senators and at Qui-Gon's pyre and have him upset at the loss of his Padawan.....

Master Kadub
I think it would've been cool to see Dooku in a limited portion of TPM in the temple speakin with one of the other Masters about Anakin being train or with QuiGon....then in AOTC his appearance would've had a greater impact......
then finally we see Dooku in ROTS and he has stayed with his whole arguement about the Jedi falling under the control of the Republic and not being more involved in running the affairs of the govt's of the galaxy....

Cipher
That might've been cool. I guess George thought one misguided character was
enough.....

guiro72
This is a great idea....i keep thinking along the lines of "what's done is done".....but that's not the lucas way is it?.....if lucas will insist on going back and changing these films, then why the hell can't he put dooku in ep I....i like this idea very much....better than roger rabbit musical number in rotj.....

PVS
that is the one scene which i find unforgivable.
i really cant describe in words how i hate that part...so i wont even attempt. sick

Master Kadub
the roger rabbit theme was for his kids....i will over look it.....

But Dooku's character seems to have strong over tones to the whole prequels......
Dooku speaking with a Jedi or Master or even QuiGon; even briefly; would have such a strong effect......
even if he never met Anakin directly; just seeing him......
Then we see him again in AOTC, and it is common knowledge that he left because of his views towards the Jedi order and falling under the powers of the Senate......
Then we see him in ROTS and just before he dies the Jedi see that Dooku's views were correct and that the Senate is now under the powers and control of a Sith Lord.....

Master Yoda-"correct Master Dooku was.....his insight into the path of the Jedi"

guiro72
with you 100% on this one kadub, as stated before....but musical number in rotj will always annoy the hell out of me....at least luke falls in glorious defiant silence once more, this much i am grateful for.....

queeq
I dunno. But I would have liked to see Dooku opening AOTC as Lord Tyrannus, arriving on Geonosis to prepare the Grand Meeting with all the guilds...

I wonder how clear it was to most people how great that plot was BTW. I thought it was a very clever idea, but poorly told and executed. By having the Clones destroy all these droids, the Trade Federation, the SUper Droids and the Banking Guilds and what have you there on Geonosis, the Jedi just simply wiped out all the major powers of the universe. Techno Union, Trade Federation, Banking Guild... man, Palpy's ready to move into te void.

guiro72
not to mention hundreds of the jedi themselves.

yeah, i am most impressed with the way the plotlines are going in ep II and III. even the clones being the good guys and fighting alongside the jedi. perfectly logical, yet no one saw it coming, and once you think about it, it couldn't be any other way.

lucas himself admitted that dooku's big sith reveal didn't work and fooled no one. oh well, one fumble.

queeq
Not the only one. It takes quite a bit of understanding to understand the whole power-structure-wipe-out as well that takes place on Geonosis. Plus the fact that Sidious=Palpy is still a big 'onknown'. It adds to this feeling: what the heck is going on, which most SW fans already know. I think Lucas is relying too much of the element of the surprise in ROTS when all's revealed. It's abit Agatha Christie-isch. Are we gonna get a whole explanation of what was going on in the previous two films? If so..... *shudders*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.