please let this be true

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jayno
Just dug this post out of an old thread. any updates on this info? Can it be true? This would be a fantastic scene. I also read in the same thread that we see yoda when alderaan is destroyed, can this be true?

These 2 characters appear in all the other films, if the above scenes are not true do you think we will get to see palps and yoda at all in the se of the se of ANH

NoMeN
i dont think so

robakin
I don't think this is true and having Yoda in ANH is a good idea it takes something away from ESB.

Darth Jayno
It would take something away from ESB if yoda played any part, but just to see the pain on his face straight after bens as alderaan is destroyed would be a nice addidtion.

I would definatly like to see the scene where vader goes to see plaps in his palace though.

I have also heard that a scene where vader has hold of a royal guard as been added to rotj, can this one be true?

Are there any official facts yet?

Parjay
Try asking one of the many people that have downloaded the dvd leaks off the internet.

waynerobsonuk
ok as far as I can make out there are more than one version of the leaked DVD's. Some are basically tarted up SE's and some have better FX and scenes added. So really until we see what is relased on 21st September its just stabbing in the dark. I did download the EP4 dvd the version I have has no extra scenes just phenominal FX and sound. And it looks fantastic. If this is what is released then they are a step up from the SE's quality wise. Greedo still shoots 1st but by a nano second and it looks more believable {although I still prefered it when Han shot first.
Hope that helps.

Wayne...

Darth Jayno
Was the improved jabba in the version you have seen?? I have heard all sorts of bulls**t rumers, there is even one where padme's ghost appears alongside the 3 jedis at the end of ROTJ. Like you said, we will just have to wait and see.

Parjay
Are you sure about that Wayner? So far ive only seen the same dvd leaks so far. There are no different versions. Also, there is not meant to be anything added to A New Hope other than you mentioned. You might be getting mixed up with the laser disc versions that are out there.

The padme rumour is bull. She didnt even use the force, and its hardly right to expect that the ghost method was taught to her when only a few Jedi masters know it. All that appears is Christian as Anakin; Naboo celebrations with visible Gungans.

waynerobsonuk
Yeah the improved jabba scene is in it etc... no 'added scenes' . Its just vastly improvedc FX and sound quality. I watched the original , SE and then this back to back and boy can you telll the difference!!! Quality all round is fantastic.
There is more than one version out there, whether they are test edits of fx etc or whatever I dont know. But your right there are quite a few mis-named lazer disk rips saying they are the upcomming release.
My bet is that the version I got and ParJay has is the version of EP4 that will appear on the 21st. I didnt download the others as it would spoil the idea behind buying them smile I just couldn't stop myself 'testing' one of them out though PMSL

Wayne...

Ahnold
Going back to the original post, I'm certain that this rumour is false. If it were true, why hasn't anyone that's actually seen the new version of ANH mentioned it?

Balderdash, I say ...

Cipher
I think maost of the changes have already been leaked and some of those were known for months...

Padme is not in ROTJ, Jabba has been changed in ANH (don't think he looks much better), the Imperial March is used in ANH.

Ushgarak
Duplicated in DVD changes thread- closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.