The Best Car Chases + Movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nopy
Three block busters this year have used high budget car chases. Which one is the best ?

The Matrix reloaded freeway scene ?
Terminator 3 Crane chase scene
Bad Boys II Mourge van chase scene

My vote goes to the matrix.

FLICKNAVY
You forgot to add the cool one with the mini coopers in Italian Job wink

ChinaNiki
actually for BB2 i would have chosen the car hauler and boat bridge chase scene

Metroplex
How about the James Bond Die another day one. With the missiles in the sports car??? But i think the one in the Matrix was pretty good.

Kes
It was funny to see the making of that Bond scene. The cars got glue to the ground because of the cold laughing out loud
It was sad to see them change the engein (sp) of the car to make room for the weapons messed

Tired Hiker
I liked T3's chase better than Matrix Reloaded, but I never saw BB2.

Really, the only great part about the matrix car chase scene is when the two big-rigs slam into each other. The vehicles are gay, the driving is gay, and the weapons are gay.

THe Bad Boy II car chase was probably long, but it seemed way too short because they spend most of the time on the same stretch of highway(a bridge) and cars just constantly fly at them, this gets really repetitive and boring after about 3 cars get demolished. And even the boat getting tossed onto the highway isn't very exciting. But unlike the Matrix Reloaded car chase the car is hot, Ferrai.

The T3 car/truck chase is freakin awesome. This was my favorite out of the three i must say. When it's all said and done almost everything around them is destroyed or damaged. It's ****ing awesome. And near the end when Arnold takes the cranes cable and attached it to the pothole was just ingenious.

Tired Hiker
You said it. rock

FLIPMODE
I think they were all EVEN.

Why, because none of then were consistantly good through-out. They all had up's and down. T3's chase started off Boring, but got better. Matrix was only very cool looking and astonishing at the end. BB2, was good the entire chase, but it never built up to anything so astonishing, for the most part it was just really funny.

Honstly BB2 probably have the 2 beat slightly, but I think they were all even.

You know what kills T3 the fact the Spfx got worst from 2 to 3, and you can even see that from the Car chase scene. I liked WHAT was happening, but you can't help but think that, Cameron would have made it LOOK better.

Catastrofic Luv
i havent seen T3 yet but between the matrix and bb2... i'd have 2 say bb2... i mean... the matrix was tite... but i mean, the ferari. kant beat that. haha.

ChinaNiki
and driving that big rig without jackknifing is pretty good
i mean the baddies got away

movie_freak
1.BB2
2.T3
3.Matrix Reloaded

Antinaris
I think the better is in "The Matrix reloaded". It's so original...

Alias Neo
the matrix reloaded highway scene

Bad Boy
Bad Boys 2 definetely... no surprises there!

ilvorlandobloom
definitely Matrix Reloaded

johnny_rotten
Golf cart racing in Jackass the movie werent too bad me thinks...

A.D. Skinner
Okay...so no limitations on this one...just toss out the best car chase scene you can remember.

Mine is Ronin
Car chase was between Robert DeNiro and Natascha McElhone

sumunabeech
I agree. Also, the original "Gone in 60 Seconds". Something like 40 minutes of 1 (one) car. One Eleanor, not 20, but one.

Lord Soth
Matrix Reloaded.

finti
Ronin

octapushunter
in dumb and dumber when they're going up the hill on the moped and all those cars were chasing after them. that was thrilling.

SilverFighter
Nothing beats the Blues Brothers car chasers cool

wicker_man
Bullit and the original Italian Job Mini chase.

MISSME
Matrix Reloaded -> motor cycle ride on the freeway while traveling in the opposite direction of traffic.

Kes
OMG A.D. SKINNER!!!! I love the X-files! big grin Skinner was ace!

Ok...lets see...cant be just 1 (sorry):
Reloaded- Bike scene
Ronin - ace!
T2 big grin

Ah cant think of more right now.

ragesRemorse
i'd have to say matrix reloaded, or bullit. Bullit has a kick ass car chase.

Oh yeah raiders of the lost ark has a good one too

Kes
Oh yeh...RotLA is cool smile

A.D. Skinner
Kes....Glad to see there is another Skinner fan !

Another input from me...Die another day...the Ice drive was good !

movie_freak
Matrix Reloaded
Bad Boys 2
Terminator 3

98R1
Kiss of Death
had a great chase scene

Trinity_Matrix
AD Skinner - hey! another Chicago-area X-Files fan!!! *high five*

I'd have to say Matrix Reloaded...Trinity driving the motorcycle the wrong way down the expressway is just too cool ^^

Bad Boy
Bad Boys 2 and The Rock!

MISSME
How about Steve McQueen in the car chase over the hills in San Francisco. Those hills are very steep and they all lead into the Bay!

forumcrew
that was a piece of crap.. i liked the movie but the ducatti part was dumb as shit.. she never would of had to go in traffic she could of stayed in the shoulder and a ferrari would of had trouble catching her.. but no a shitty cop car caught up.. ****in stupid

HannaBananabal
Well, I for one agree with most of ya, I liked the chase scene in The Matrix Reloaded. Especially the jumping on the car hood part...

Darkweaver
- Terminator 3
- Matrix Reloaded
- The Blues Brothers

Kes
True a bike is waaay faster then a car but:
a) they started shooting at her sending her swerving tru traffic;
b) cars were swerving everywhere cos of the commotion and cop cars driving the wrong way.
c) It was cool dude!

Lord Soth
Freeway sequence kicked ass, no doubt about it

zinh
Matrix reloaded scene was cool, but the bad boys 2 car chase was seriously sweet also Final Destination 2(OMFG).

98R1
almost forgot about Mad Max, When they where chasing the Night Rider

Lord Soth
I loved that sequence too, but it wasn't really a 'car chase' per se, just a bunch of people dying (not that there's anything wrong with that big grin)

A.D. Skinner
I was going to make that observation as well...Was more of a car wreck than a car chase in FD2

Fire
most emotionel for me was Dead Poeths Society

Lord Soth
What car chase was in that, may I ask? stick out tongue

mook
the original wasnt fake either - the director was crashing all these cars and unplanned accidents are incorporated into the film.
the director died filming the sequel...

also ronin, matrix reloaded, french connection...

Mr Parker
Thats EXACTLY what I was thinking.The original Blues Brothers car chases scenes are the best of all time.

namarie
final destiny
matrix

lau_timmy
The Matrix Reloaded 14 minute car chase is the best I've probably ever seen. Probably because they got around $110 million and were allowed to make their own friggin' highway

G.P
There have already been 2 thread about this. Please use them.

Best car chase so far this year
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9363

Best Car Chase Scene in a Movie
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21029

Bad Boy
I don't like the Matrix Reloaded one... boring!

ragesRemorse
Heres your best and non negotiable.

Bullit
Bad boys 2
T-2 ...Mac truck scene
Matrix reloaded...highway scene
Road Warrior.

All other aspire to be as great .

forumcrew
gone in 60 seconds with the shelby gt 500... and the one in the matrix isnt that great as far as car chases go.. semi trucks dont explode because deisel fuel doesnt ignite.. and no cop car can catch up to a ducatti

Bad Boy
The best ones are

Bad Boys 2
The Rock
Ronin

cal31
remember, it's a computer program, it's not real, they wouldn't be able to fight on top of a semi either, it's not real.

Best are Reloaded and The Rock

moonwalker741
Gone in 60 Seconds and the Rock

roundisfunny
Nobody's mentioned "The Blues Brothers" or "The French Connection" yet? Blasphemy!

cal31
The Blues Brothers chase was good, but it wasn't really the chase that was good, it was just the huge pile up, so to me that doesn't count as the best "chase".

Thirst
Bad Boys II was pretty good. Matrix Reloaded....eeh, too much computer generated stuff. Like the agent leaping from cars to cars...

ragesRemorse
ahh i figure bullit, and the bourne supremecy have the french connection beat.

ragesRemorse
yeah but the bike scene is utter awsome

lau_timmy
Think about the scene in Matrix Reloaded where the agent jumping onto the hood of the car, then the bullet time as the whole front end crumpled and doors flew out, then the entire freaking car flipping up was enough to get me to the theater. Brilliant chase.

BloomBabyGirl
amen. she;by was a hot car and the jump was awesome

forumcrew
cal while it is a computer program i highly doubt things would be changed like say makign diesel ignite.. would be pointless.. and the cops wouldnt have a car faster then a ducati.. the world still has to be believable otherwise all the people would wake up and the machines lose control.. therefore its gay that a ducati cant escape a police cruiser

ragesRemorse
that sole scene was not in the movie it would not have made the movie any worse or any better. The people who make up the movie trailers have no tie's what so ever to the actual filmaking process of the film.

cal31
but with agents that are driving the cop car, they have a high power in the matrix, so it's possible that because they were driving the car, it was able to go faster than it normally would.

trav6612
the best one is definitely Matrix reloaded. That freeway seen is one of the best

ragesRemorse
Hey you know what other car chase scene kicks major ass. The first batman movie, when we first saw the batmobile. Yeah there wasnt very much action, but seeing the batmobile for the firrst time kicked so much ass.

Mr Zero
What he said....

ladygrim
im not a fan of movies that involve cars/car chases...so i cant decide...lol

forumcrew
incorrect.. but just for giggles why then would they want the trucks THEY ARE INSIDE to exlpode?

cal31
To kill Morpheus and the key maker, the don't worry about themselves because they can't be killed, unless you do what Neo did to Agent Smith.

forumcrew
the agents still didnt have that type of control over thigns in the matrix.. but this isnt an arguement about the movie.. so better stick to car chases.. the fact is that was a lot of fighting and not a lot of cars.. so it doenst qualify as too great to a lot of people.. next!

cal31
Well it has the most votes right now so people do think it's great, but anyways, back to the car chases.

forumcrew
5 votes isnt many.. and a lot of people suggested other movies that were left out for some odd reason

Bornwild2152
How can you leave out Gone in 60 Seconds. He ramps over a dozen cars.

lau_timmy
The Bourne Supremacy car chase in Russia was pretty sweet, but I can't get over that damn camera moving all over the friggin' place.

baracustastic
what's that mad one in Paris. It aint a proper film, it's just somcrazy guy bombing through paris in the middle of the night. Proper mental.

Anyway,

Italian Job chase
Bullitt
T2

That about does it

Nevermind
Blues brothers is my favourite.

Elastigirl
I liked French Connection, Italian Job, Blues Brothers, and T2.

I need to see Bullitt.

lau_timmy
I Robot had a pretty good car chase. i like how Will Smith's car is attacked by a bunch of robots.

Drifter101
sorry the big one thats really overlooked is the one of the Blues Brothers and its all real too

lau_timmy

Aku
Bad Boys 2

It should be obvious. Atleast in Bad Boys 2 they don't use any CG in the car chase, all the smashes, all the stunts, all real. Even the bit where the car flys over Marcus's head, he actually had to have his head outside the window as it went over. Whether (no offence to matrix lovers) too much CG was used, the roads and cars looked crap and there was no adrenaline rush because you could tell it was all fake. Plus they had a much cooler car in bad boys 2. Ferrari 550 Barchetta Pinifarina (i think.)

Spike Eccles
uh.....hold on....how can the car chase in the Matrix Reloaded be the best ever?

UH??

CG CARS????

MEN IN BLACK SUITS JUMPING AROUND LIKE ZEBEDDEE???

I DON'T AGREE!!!

What about Ronin? Real cars doing real driving down a real street in real-time. The director insisted that no brake lights should be seen! The fear on the actor's face is genuine! That second chase around Paris (filmed in and around the same spot where Princess Di was killed, and around about the same time too) is ten minutes of action-packed, adrenaline-filled excitement that no amount of stupid CGI can beat.
A close second...The French Connection.

Aku
The scene in 2Fast2Furious was pretty good, the one after they get all that money from the caravan and they've got about 50 police cars on their arses, thats a pretty good chase, but it still doesnt beat the one from bad boys 2.

O yeah, what about the one in Gone In 60 Seconds, where that Shelby GT500 outruns loads of police cars. Thats cool.

WindDancer
Blues Brothers...nuff said.

octapushunter
RONIN!!!

Aku
The one in the transporter. Lol although its really cheesy.

lau_timmy
Die Another Day-Great chase scene on ice featuring heavily armed exotics. It's closer to a fight scene between two cars, but still count as a car chase.

Scarpa
The fast and the furious

Red Superfly
The Italian Job or The Blues Brothers.

Bad Boys II and Fast and The Furious are by-the-numbers rubbish.

McBane
I really liked the transporter however cheesy it was.
Plus the best car chase in cinema has to be the original Italian Job.
Three mini's against italy!
The best ever.
Gaz

McBane
How do they get the motion out of the engine then if the fuel doesnt ignite? Thats the whole idea of it. But it is true that diesel doesnt burn as petrol does. Thats why diesel is a lot more efficient in vehicles.
Have you ever seen two trucks collide at speed? i bet there'd be an explosion of some sort! Perhaps not as big but thats not the point.
Plus who cares that Matrix2 has CGI cars. It still gets my adreneline running. How else are you supposed to get someone to ride a motorcycle the wrong why up the motorway dodging cars. And i also bet you had never seen that happen before! its so cool.
But as for originality and no CGI the original Italian Job wins hands down! It has to be the classic! Bad Boys 2 was cool aswell and actually won over the matrix in the movie awards - but i cant remember which one, probably MTV.
Gaz

Aku
True, the critics hated that film but it thought it was quite good. Considering Jason Statham was the hero aswell.

Red Superfly
I just don't find anything CGI or Matte work to be impressive these days.

The Bourne Identity, Italian Job (original) and Blues Brothers were real stunts - so much more impressive. The cars were there, performing stunts, in front of a camera, on set. It's more impressive by far. No blue screen CGI rubbish there.

A REAL car, performing a REAL flip, on a REAL location is ten times more impressive than seeing a fake, CGI machine explode and tumble a million times.

Also, that WAS the appeal (before the stupid Die Another Die) of James Bond movies. I love it Goldeneye when they have the tank chase through St. Petersburg. Again, real stunts on location.

CGI cars suck.

McBane
What you said in your last post is true but you gotta admit that the Matrix Reloaded car chase was good.
And it's funny that when you watch the making of that scene, most of it was actually real. They actually threw cars everywhere and had cars which imploded themselves to create a smashing effect. As when the agent jumped on the car. Most of it surprinsingly was real. But still there was a lot of CGI in it but without it the scene wouldnt have been as good as it was.
I still prefer real stunts though and the old classics.
Gaz

Aku
No it wasnt, thats just what the makers say in their dvds to make it seem more real. O yeah and although im probably the most ANTI-CGI man in the galaxy i think CGI cars look quite good. Some of the shots in Gone in 60 seconds are with a CGI version of the GT500 and it looks excellent. And the ones in fast and furious.

lau_timmy
Bourne Supremacy- Bourne shows off the skill he displayed in the first movie while being chased by a dozen or so cars. The execution of the chase is well thought out, with cars taking damage and dishing it out as they move down the road. If there was any CGI used, I couldn't pick it out as the vehicles bashed and jumped their way through Moscow.

forumcrew
i didnt think that was impressive as a car chase scene as an action sequence yes but not a chase scene especially when a ducatti couldnt out run a car.. and 2 semis wouldnt cause an explosion anywhere similar to that.. and the actually chasing of the cars wasnt anything hardly if was people jumping on them adn fighting inside that was cool.. old school smokey and the bandit is better when it comes down to actual car chase and not fighting

Dazzler619
Breakdown had a good car chase

Red Superfly
Team America laughing out loud

JT1910
BULLITT!!!!!!!!! Love that Mustang!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.