rumourville

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Samurai Girl
Here are some rumors tht i heard around the net...

Tom Welling: Man of Steel?
Surely across the net, particularly at Superman-V.com, you've heard the rumors that director Bryan Singer has offered Tom Welling the role of Superman for the upcoming "Superman" film.

Tom Welling himself apparently added fuel to the speculation fire this week, in a brief quote to MTV which can be found here. Tom says he's signed on for a new movie, but he's "sworn to secrecy" as to what it is. "It's too early," he says.

And now for a bit of editorializing: We here at KryptonSite (or at least webmaster Craig) would love to see Tom in the role. However, if it would mean an early end for Smallville, we don't see the point or understand what the Warner Bros. movie division's rush is. How about letting the show run its 5-year course at least and then think about it? Besides KryptonSite being focused on Smallville the TV series and not the movie universe, maybe the reason we're not covering the movie stuf much is bitter frustration. A Superman movie does not *need* to happen now, but the movie division has a bug up its butt that seems to think it does. We've got good Superman right now, on TV, and even the casting of Tom Welling wouldn't make up for it.

Superhero Hype posted a scan of the August 15 call sheet for Chicago shooting of next year's film "Batman Begins." Most interesting on the call list? An actor named "T. Welling" playing a character named "Kent..."

BloomBabyGirl
i dont think tom wellingshould be superman cuz hes too young and im just used to seeing him be awkward about his powers. also, if they were to have welling as superman they should only have him in the begginging when theyre introducing superman/ when he first finds out about his powers

Samurai Guy
But look at John Travolta... Saturday Night Fever, Grease... Swordfish?

Actors can make transitions.

BloomBabyGirl
ya but then wont that ruin the pupose of smallville? unles they mak ethe movie after smallville ends

Samurai Guy
Well, the production of X-Men 3 was pushed back as Brian Singer was picked for the Superman movie.

I am not sure when the Superman movie will be shot.

Shadow_King
i dunno if tom wellin is a good choice.

Samurai Guy
He has the experience, and makes a convincing Young Superman. Depends on the look they are going for. He would probably look kind of silly in the red and blue

pr1983
me neither, hes too young unless the movie has him goin to be about clarks arrival in metropolis at the planet, other than that, no

Shadow_King
and plus everybody knows him as younge Supes and it is hard to see him as old supes. everyone says hes old enough to be old supes but i dont think he should but we just have to wait for BS desicion.

pr1983
yeah, and i have sooo much faith in him

AH, we'll see, am hopeful, we might get a good movie out of all this.

Shadow_King
i dunno.

Samurai Guy
Ben Jelen as The Flash?

The New York Post reports that singer Ben Jelen ("Come On"wink is in talks with producers of Smallville about taking the role of Bart Allen/The Flash. No confirmation, yet, but in case you're curious, a picture of Ben is to the right of this article.

UPDATE AGAIN: Seems we jumped the gun on this one... though we thought we had confirmation, it seems Ben Jelen is NOT playing Bart Allen after all. Our apologies for the misinformation! The Flash is instead played by Kyle Gallner.

FLASH IS GOING TO BE IN SEASON 4!!!!!

Posted at www.kryptonsite.com

BloomBabyGirl
!! awesome!!!

Rhino
isnt the flash gonna be on a smallville episode? superherohype said something about it

Samurai Guy
Yes, Rhino

Magee
Holy shit, flash in smallville... That would rock so much. They will probably race or sumthin.

BloomBabyGirl
but theyll tie. did teh flash become a superhero b4 or after superman? what im asking is will he be normal adn they see each other use powers or is he already a hero or will they meet again after some itme and be like! hey ! i raced u on a farm when i was just starting out

Samurai Guy
No they won't. Flash will win.

Samurai Guy
Click here

Tom Welling is listed to play a character named "Kent." Any guesses?

liam k
i heard it some fella called brandon routh, apparently byan singer got him. i read that this routh comes from a place called "Iowa"..... ? Apparently he beat aston kutcher to the part. And lex luther will be played by kevin spacey, jimmy will be played by Adam brody. so the 2006 film is going to be a hit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.