You Have Bad Taste In Music

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steely balls
haha i love this so much....its so true, i would love to hear what u think also....http://www.youhavebadtasteinmusic.com/

Darth Revan
Holy shit the Linkin Park one is so funny laughing

TrAnCeDuO
i cant seem to watch it...what is it?

ragesRemorse
Dude the hoobastank one is some of the funniest shit i a have ever seen
laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing laughing laughing out loud thanks a bunch for that peice of gold steely. not to mention how very true. this guy should be running for president smile

Darth Revan
A bunch of videos of a guy going to various concerts and making fun of the band playing, talking to the people in line.

TrAnCeDuO
i cant see it...its not playing...

steely balls
maybe u need quicktime

Kaleanae
laughing I just watched the Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera
Poor people laughing out loud

TrAnCeDuO
i do have quicktime but it isnt working...

Darth Revan
Which version do you have?

TrAnCeDuO
version 4.1.2...you?

Darth Revan

TrAnCeDuO
no wonder... messed*attempts to find upgrade*

furryman
haha, that's great

PippinTook
laughing out loud That's hilarious! I just watched the Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera one. The next one's loading. I love it! laughing

Darth Revan
The Hoobastank and Evanescence ones are the best laughing

PippinTook
I haven't gotten down there yet. I'm on the Train one right now. stick out tongue

Kaleanae
"Linkin Park is a Roller couster" what is that mean? messed
Poor guys, chanting and happy while the other one was about to tell them that they have bad taste in music yes

Darth Revan
I know laughing

What the hell did they think was so cool about "Linkin Park is a rolla coasta"?

TrAnCeDuO
*bump for update*

plenTpak52
that's one of the funniest things ever!

TrAnCeDuO
*bump for claraG*

Turbo-Cajun
Linkin Park is a roller coaster! Linkin Park is a roller coaster!

TrAnCeDuO
i still have no idea what that means.

Turbo-Cajun
It means that Linkin Park fans are a bunch of mindless retards that can be entertained by anything. If you can see that they are just jumping along with that chanting because its simple, its cathcy, and they have a sheep like mentality, you can begin to understand what the attraction mainstream music has for them.

TrAnCeDuO
ahh now i see. i wonder why nobody joins in with the guy when he protests.

Turbo-Cajun
I want to get a hat like that and protest in Minneapolis... thats some funny shit. I bet thats tough to do though thinking on your feet like that... but he says enough of the same stuff, the three points etc, that I could probably do that to.

PippinTook
laughing out loud She needs to listen to that guy. yes "You have bad taste in music!"

TrAnCeDuO
*bumps for blackcat*

Wolf Dog
God damnit. The Hoobastank one couldve have been so funny if he said the correct answer were who gives a shit to all of them. Ew, did u see those damn stupid white boys that said "lets jump him!" OMG. And did you see that fat asian *****. I hate my peers.

FEDFAN316
thay r all funnyhysterical

FEDFAN316
on the hoobastank 1 he told her u have bad tast in music she said u have bad tast in fashion

wicker_man
To be honest i think its rubbish, if someone started doing that to me in a concert i'd not be best pleased, a poor comic elitest is all i see there.

Wolf Dog
Yah I could have done better. But it is bad music. Sadly everyone listens to it. I hate America.

FEDFAN316
sorry i dont lisson to it

GABRIEL05
He should do one on Kenny G and Rick Braun

GABRIEL05
bump i guess

wicker_man
Can anybody here honestly answer what gives someone the right to criticize anothers choice of music to an almost elitist stance.

Alpha Centauri
Because we have brains, voices and every right to combine the two.

I consider myself elitist in the music I listen to, I would never stop a Good Charlotte fan from questioning my musical taste. They just wouldn't last long at all. I don't deny that they have the right to like that band, they can listen to what they like, I prefer there being an opiate for the masses.

I think the fact that I listen to certain bands puts my musical scope over that of someone who listens to other certain bands.

A Tool fans musical opinion is more than likely gonna be more well founded with regards to seeing what is talent and what isn't, than a Good Charlotte fan. That's my opinion and the reason I believe that is because someone who can understand, "get" and overall just appreciate to a full extent what Tool do musically, will realise what is shit and what isn't. Someone who loves what they're told in my opinion have a limited credibility when it comes to what they can and can't say about music.

-AC

wicker_man
So in all fairness like you said you are an elitist, someone i (in my honest opinion) have no respect for.

Your above statement is based noting merely on elitist opinions that could not stand up and be used concertedly.

They are not my favourite but i will listen to GC granted, and i appreciate why people will listen to them, thats why i perceive myself as a true musical fan for that fact that i can adhere to others opinions and tastes.

You listen to Tool and someone listens to GC but because you perceive them all as these stereotypical teeny boppers how do you honestly know one wont turn round and put you in your place you don't.

I love my musical taste and that will include the odd GC, Evanescene and others who may get frowned upon but it also includes more underground acts and i can respect all these acts even if you can't.

Alpha Centauri
"You listen to Tool and someone listens to GC but because you perceive them all as these stereotypical teeny boppers how do you honestly know one wont turn round and put you in your place you don't."

I respect anyone's opinion that they think GC are good. That doesn't mean I have to sit there and not challenge that opinion. Alot of people who like poser bands such as GC and Evanescence, will often use the arguement "Well I might not like your music." It's their only retreat.

Regardless I respect their choice to listen to it, just don't respect those musicians and I have every right to say so.

-AC

wicker_man
But thats what i'm trying to get at your post prior to this came across as you having no respect for fans of GC or Evanescene, this turn around in opnion could also be used as a form of 'retreat' so to speak (as you touched upon it in your opening paragraph).

This is not calls for another argument merely a neutral viewpoint.

GABRIEL05
I think criticism is good. Keeps musicians on their toes, as long as it comes from a credible source. Of course, the guy in these videos gives no good reason why these bands are mediocre. But I think anyone with ears can pretty much see that this music doesn't have much going on.

wicker_man
Valid point but the large majority of people i talk to (both on the net and in real life) use the same 'tried and tested' formulas which concretely can not stand on its own two feet. I'm not asking for an essay to why a band is good or bad but something that can maybe make there targeted audience either think about their choices or at least show (or have) some accepted acknowledgment for there certain belief.

Alpha Centauri
I think the fact that I listen to The Darkness is enough back up to say that I don't give a shit what the musicians look like. It's when they use image to reflect another image that doesn't necessarily reflect who they truly are. Justin of The Darkness wears catsuits and jumps around, he's a fun loving guy. Good Charlotte members wear all black, eyeliner etc, sing about "depressive" issues, yet never ever seem that way. Because I don't believe they have anything to seem that way, about.

It shows through in the music.

-AC

wicker_man
And the fact that you listen to The Darkness shows nothing, i bet you didn't know that Justin himself was bullied as a teen/child, but that doesn't reflect on his flamboyant image.
The point i'm getting at is that i know people who are certified depressives but are not like that 24/7 just because they may be depressed one minute doesn't mean they have to be like 24/7, i know for a fact if you tried to do that you'd make yourself ill, be it for 'image' purposes on not.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.