My Dillema

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

slasherpunk18
A new problem has arisen for me.It seems like no movies scare me.I started to think about this when Evil Dead replied to my post about not being scared of 28 Days Later.Now,some people define being scared differently.Some think it's jumping out of your seat and some think it is psychological.But either way,I haven't been truly scared by a movie since I saw Silence of the Lambs.Sure,Psycho made me jump once but that's it.I don't know,maybe since i'm 17 and have seen alot of messed up shit in horror movies already,i've become immune somehow.So,anyway,back to the point of this thread,I need somebody to post what they think is the scariest movie ever.
Thanks you guys.

Evil Dead
Henry : Portrait of a Serial Killer

slasherpunk18
I already saw it.It was a little unsettling but not so much scary.

roundisfunny
If ghosts and supernatural forces no longer scare you, the only route to go is the human monster. The most disturbing serial killer movie I've seen is "Man Bites Dog", and that's mainly because of one scene.

I would also recommend documentaries on frightening subjects (killers, disease, our deteriorating environment; there's nothing scarier than the truth.

BadKitty
I finally found a video store that rents that and it's never in sad

now that you mention it..there isn't much that scares me either..though movies involving torture seem to disturb me..maybe because I'm female and they usually are the victims like in blood sucking freaks,that movie really bothered me as did last house on the left.

I hear Cannibal Holocaust is pretty scary but I haven't gotten to see it..I believe it has been banned.

BackFire
Chances are you won't be scared in a trivial way during your viewing of a film, like me. However, there are plenty of films that will mentaly haunt and disturb you, most likely.

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer - Eerily realistic and forboding, great great movie. Even if you aren't disturbed by it, it's worth watching.

Cannibal Holocaust - Cheesy, but powerful. Great music that makes the graphic scenes even more stunning and shocking. Topped off by real animal deaths that will disgust everyone.

Irreverisble - The end all, be all of disturbing films. It has a 10 minute long rape scene, done in a way that captures the true horror of a rape (or I can imagine). Disgusting scene that brought tears to my eyes. Also has a very graphic death scene, involving a Fire Extinguisher and a guys head. Watch it, it uses the formula of Momento but not just as a novelty as it was used in Memento. Had a purpose here. Anyways, probably the most disturbing movie I've ever seen, besides maybe....

Salo: 120 Days of Sodom - This is the quinessential video nasty. You will have great trouble finding this flick, but when you do you'll know where the hype and disgust comes from. It's about as close as you'll get to watching a real snuff film. It involves kids eating shit, forcing gay rape upon them, and eventual murder. Horrible, but in a good way.

Some others....

I Spit On Your Grave - This is another movie with a horrid rape scene, but it's a bit sillier and over done in Irreversible. But there is a horrid castration scene that induced my gag reflexes.

Last House on the Left - This won't disturb many people these days, watch this before the rest of the ones mentioned. If you watch it afterwards you won't be affected probably. Despite the fact that it's one of the most innovative and horrific horror films during it's time.

All of these films should get to you in some way or another.

BadKitty
is this movie based on The Marquis de Sade's 120 Days of Sodom?

BackFire
Yep.

BadKitty
I read a little of that book it distrubed me greatly,so I never finished it...yikes!

slasherpunk18

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.