Q voted UK`s fourth favourite on-screen boffin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yerssot
More than 40,000 votes were cast in the poll through the bbc.co.uk/cult website.

UK's TOP CULT TV BOFFINS
1. Honeydew and Beaker (The Muppets) - 33%
2. Mr Spock (Star Trek) - 15%
3. The Doctor (Dr Who) - 13%
4. Q (James Bond) - 9%
5. Dr Emmett Brown (Back To The Future) - 8%
6. Dana Scully (The X Files) - 8%
7. Dr Strangelove - 5%
8. Frank 'N' Furter (Rocky Horror Picture Show) - 4%
9. Dr Evil (Austin Powers) -4%
10. Dr Frankenstein - 1%

(from Mi6)

not that bad I think

Mr Zero
Nobody was ever going to beat Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker tho...

yerssot
I only saw one or two episodes of the muppets messed

Ahnold
Since when is Dr. Evil a boffin?

But still ... Go Q! Go Q! Go Q! happy

yerssot
as long as the person has a doctor in the name I take, they could get selected messed

Kaleanae
Beaker is Number 1 cry
He is my favorite character in Sesame Street and he was great in the Muppet Movie

Reborn Again
It's spelled "buffon". And Q is number four? Ridiculous! It's a farce poll. Ignore it. Someone's trying to spread disharmony.

yerssot
I took the title directly from the site wink

Evy_O
what's a boffin? confused

yerssot
scientist, especially one engaged in research

Reborn Again
How can you take a poll seriously when the question isn't even spelled correctly?

smokin'

Clovie
i don't know them messed

i know only #4 and #5 actually bag

The Redeemer
Then what the hell's Spock doing there? It's Mr Spock not Doctor Spock...Dr Spock was a boffin on child rearing who wrote books on the subject!!!

yerssot
they probably got things confused? I just copied it all messed

The Redeemer
If Q isn't No 1 then forget it!!! wink

yerssot
but look at the competition eek!

Kaleanae
Does anybody know what kind of degree does Q have? Is he a mechanical engineer or a physicist, to be a scientist, he had to get a Ph. D. messed
Or maybe he is just an inventor, that has weird ideas for weapons
Beaker, for example, is the assistance of Dr. Bunsen and Dr. Bunsen is a chemist (Honeydew is Dr. Bunsen)
So is Q also a chemist?, he is able to make explosives messed

Weird questions

Reborn Again
Q is a Major, so he has a military background. He most likely has a couple of degrees in physical mechanics and biological agents. And he's a scientist, naturally. And he's worked extensively in Intel.

Kaleanae
Thanks for answering my question

yerssot
I read somewhere that Desmond was free to tell the background of his character in the movie somewhere... he had ties of some stuff he wore to show, one was about the uni he was, forgot the name though sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.