What does your real name mean?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Peloquin
Well kinda an off shoot to the what's your real name thread. Here's a link with historical meanings for names.

http://www.behindthename.com/

My first and second names put together means 'Bright shining power' heh heh heh.

What's yours?

ZooropaFire
sad my names not in there.

Peloquin
that's strange. Do you have an uncommon name?

i slayed buffy
small or half or if u want my other name it means womanly

Peloquin
You're right your name wasn't there. Found it somewhere else though.

origin
Arabic

What does it mean?
Tranquility, devout. God-inspired peace of mind.

What's the gender (commonly)?
Female

Nice name by the way. smile

Corran
Spear.

*Georgina_A*
The male of my name means Farmer so i guess my name means famer girl... no expression

Storm
KATHERINE f English
Pronounced: KATH-u-rin, KATH-rin
From the Greek name Aikaterine. The etymology is debated: it could derive from the earlier Greek name Hekaterine, which came from hekateros "each of the two"; it could derive from the name of the goddess HECATE; it could be related to Greek aikia "torture"; or it could be from a Coptic name meaning "my consecration of your name". The Romans falsely derived it from Greek katharos "pure" and changed their spelling from Katerina to Katharina to reflect this. The name belonged to a 4th-century saint and martyr from Alexandria who was tortured on the famous Catherine wheel. This name was also borne by two empresses of Russia, including Catherine the Great, and by three of Henry VIII's wives big grin

Phoenix
First name = Great Leader

Second Name = Gift from God

kofmaster
my name means bringer of light...and its werid coz my initials spell LAMP WHAHAHA laughing

LanceWindu
I dunno...someone check it for me, I'm too lazy.

Kenneth Charles

Storm

Agent_Diva

Be@st
my first name is gift of YAHWEH

total nettlehead
my name means 'Name of God' eek!

Twin B!tch 2
DOROTHEA f English, German, Dutch
Pronounced: dor-o-THEE-a
Feminine form of the Late Latin name Dorotheus, from the Greek Dorotheos, which meant "gift of God" from Greek doron "gift" and theos "god". Dorothea was the name of two saints, including the patron saint of Prussia.

i'm the gift of god wink

total nettlehead
well according to my name, i am god Happy Dance

i wander who i bought you for?

Twin B!tch 2
dunno... i hjoope that not for bloo... i do't want to be her personal pet stick out tongue

Dirty Vader
"watchful, alert"
shifty

Korri
"Famous battle maid" messed

shaber
Basher - self explainatory really.

Korri
lol

crazy_c

Korri
i hate the P word

Phoenix
A lot of girls names mean 'gift from god'...

Gregory
Your name wouldn't happen to be Gregory, would it? Because that's what my name means, too.

Korri
lol

gambit88
my name means a well born lion i already knew that though

Kaleanae
My name is Rosa no expression

Kaleanae
In English, rose, a flower

§pearhead
Jeremy, modern form of Jeremiah, a prophet dude. I didn't need to look that up.

Kaleanae
Rosa: Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Scandinavian, Medieval name meaning "rose" in Latin

raven guardia
my name is amanda and it means Worthy of love...........yeah right! no body loves me.

Evy_O
Stella = star in latin big grin

VallejoKid707
DANIEL m English, Jewish, French, German, Scandinavian, Polish, Czech, Spanish, Portuguese, Romanian, Biblical
Pronounced: DAN-yul (English), dan-YEL (French)
From the Hebrew name Daniyel meaning "God is my judge". Daniel was a Hebrew prophet whose story is told in the Book of Daniel in the Old Testament. He lived during the Jewish captivity in Babylon, where he served in the court of the king, rising to prominence by interpreting the king's dreams. The book also presents Daniel's four visions of the end of the world. Famous bearers of this name include English author Daniel Defoe, Swiss mathematician Daniel Bernoulli, and American frontiersman Daniel Boone.

Cyclops
Scott- From a surname which meant "Scotsman" in Old English. The original meaning of the word Scot is debated, but it may mean "tattoo", so given because Scotsmen often had tattoos.

Aaron- From the Hebrew name Aharon which is most likely of unknown Egyptian origin. Other theories claim a Hebrew derivation, and suggest meanings such as "high mountain" or "exalted". In the Old Testament Aaron was the older brother of Moses and the first high priest of the Israelites

And obviously last names aren't there.... or adleast mine isn't.

N.Tonks
ADRIENNE
Origin: French
Meaning: Dark, rich

Fallen Jedi
um, mine's not on there, but i already know what it means.

AliasNeo15
id like to know wut it meanssmile

Fallen Jedi
and i'm guessing you wanna know my name? big grin

HockeyHorror
i didn't check but i know for a fact my name would not be there.

AliasNeo15
laughing out loud forgot u didnt giv me that

CaPtaInCLaUdiA
my real name means lame

so sad

Fallen Jedi
yeah, well only a few worthy ones will have the privilage of knowing that...

AliasNeo15
hmmno expression i guess ill hav to make myself worthy, but that might take forevereek!

AliasNeo15
well my name:

Adam= Man

Fallen Jedi
seriously, neo *kisses him on the cheek*

AliasNeo15
stick out tongue ok

Fallen Jedi
you're cute and adorable...

AliasNeo15
embarrasment thanx

Fallen Jedi
*grabs neo and gives him a hug*

AliasNeo15
*hugs back*
um, can i ask wut ur name isbig grin

Fallen Jedi
wink sure you can, but whether or not i give you the answer depends on you really...

AliasNeo15
can u tell mesmile

Fallen Jedi
yes, but are you worthy?

AliasNeo15
that is up to ubig grin am i?

Fallen Jedi
cute and adorable...*thinks for a minute*

AliasNeo15
big grin

Fallen Jedi
i usually don't post it for everyone to see, but i will give you a clue: james bond

silver_tears
I know, I know cool

Fallen Jedi
well, of course you know... smile i've posted it twice online b4 but its buried somewhere...

Lord Soth
Brendan means: beacon of light; little raven

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.