Houston, We Have a Problem - a rather BIG one

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil bitchiness
Houston, Texas has been named the fattest city in the USA for the second year in a row by Men's Fitness magazine. Other top-blubber towns in the annual analysis: Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia and Dallas. In contrast, the fittest cities in the country are Colorado Springs, Denver, San Diego (number one last year), Seattle and San Francisco. The rankings appear in the February issue, on stands Monday.

Houston - It gets clobbered by high TV viewership and low exercise and sports participation. "There's not much that individuals can do about the poor air quality and even less about problematic geography, but they can turn off the tube and get out to their parks, which offer a variety of free programs for kids and adults," the editors write.

Chicago - The Windy City has the worst climate of the 50 cities surveyed. Summers are hot and humid; winter brings nearly 90 days of below-freezing temperatures. Air quality is poor, and the commute times are among the worst, the editors say. It "is the second worst in the category of parks and open space, with 394 people per acre, compared to San Diego's ratio of 34 people per acre," the editors write.

Detroit - Poor grades in climate and geography might be excusable, but considering how lousy the air is here "why do so many smoke?" the magazine asks. Add substandard nutrition, a lack of fitness centers, poor access to health care and a tough commute, and the Motor City sputters and stalls.

Philadelphia - It's climbing up the fitness ladder. Two years ago, Mayor John Street took the city's fattest city ranking as a call to action. He appointed a health-and-fitness czar and backed a variety of innovative fitness ideas. Philadelphians "could easily clamber a few more rungs up the fitness ladder they'd switch off the cable and stub out their cigarettes," the magazine says.

Dallas - It has four times more restaurants per person than New York. It also has more than its fair share of junk food, including 105 doughnut shops.

The Fattest

Houston
Chicago
Detroit
Philadelphia
Dallas
Columbus, Ohio
San Antonio
Fort Worth
St Louis
Indianapolis
Tulsa
Atlanta
Cleveland
El Paso
Miami
New York
Kansas City, Missouri
Phoenix
Baltimore
New Orleans
Charlotte, North Carolina
Milwaukee
Las Vegas
Mesa, Arizona
Wichita

bardock
houston is also the most polluted in the country and the fattest. a bad place for lungs

Royal Knight
*edit*embarrasment

Darth Revan
Seattle, Washington--the home of grunge, the sound of people affected by crack cocaine and adverse weather conditions. raver

Royal Knight
yeah my state makes the list twicelaughing out loud

lil bitchiness
You know what that means for Houston eek!

Since USA is fatter than any other country in the Europe, and possibly in the world, although not sure about that, Houston, Texas is one of THE fattest cities...in the world.

sick Fat Central!

WindDancer
Whoever works in that Fitness Men's magazine has NEVER been to Los Angeles! Obviously they don't have a clue about fattest cities! LA should be in the top.

Royal Knight
I am glad i am not a statisticsick

Darth Revan
we are all statistics in our own special ways no expression

Silver Stardust
And people always wonder why I complain about the weather here...I can attest that what that says about the weather here is true...IT SUCKS!!! Hell, all of what it says about Chicago is true...

BackFire
This thread is making me hungry...

lil bitchiness
Actually, I heard this on British TV this evning, thats what inspired me to go and find out about this and make a thread.

Turns out, its true!

TrAnCeDuO
aw cmon detroit isnt that bad! i mean jeez i see people all over the place just struggling for money to get some sort of food in their mouths but i doubt we are THAT bad! also i love the weather here in michigan...its probably the only thing keeping me here!

as for all the other cities...maybe they should consider anorexia...idiots...

WindDancer
How come LA is not on the list? We have food from nearly all the cultures in the world! Yet, LA doesn't qualify to be in the list? Someone needs to be fired from that magazine.

lil bitchiness
Ugh, fatness is absolutely and utterly nasty sick

I saw some stuff in my anatomy book about fat...ok, in humans the fat is yellow....its kind of this smilie color yellow --->no expression

And its not only on the surface of the flesh its also underneat sick

Ever wandered why fat people walk funny?

Well...its because the bones in their body cannot sustain their weight. The bones at the joints actually start to crush one into another, thats why they walk funny.

Fatness = thumb down

Silver Stardust
Ewww...that's so gross...sick

Royal Knight
The Fittest Cities

1.Honolulu, HI
2.Seattle, WA
3.San Francisco, CA
4.Colorado Springs, CO
5.San Diego, CA
6.Portland, OR
7.Denver, CO
8.Virgina Beach, VA
9.Tucson, AZ
10.Sacramento, CA
11.Minneapolis, MN
12.Boston, MA
13.Austin, TX
14.Omaha, NE
15.Oakland, CA
16.Wichita, KS
17.Alburquerque, NM
18.Jacksonville, FL
19.San Jose, CA
20.Long Beach, CA
21.Memphis, TN
22.Los Angeles, CA
23.Nashville, TN
24.Fresno, CA
25.Tulsa, OK

lil bitchiness
All of USA is fat!

Houston just happenes to be at the top. LA is fat, so is New York, but LA is filled with Hollywood wannabe stars, therefore lipo-suction = a lot, which balances out everything.

none of that in Houston.

Tex
My state made the list 5 times! laughing out loud

Darth Revan
have you ever watched somebody get liposuction surgery no expression

Consider yourself lucky if you haven't. no expression Nastiest operation in existence. no expression

lil bitchiness
Indeed.

Im sorry, but i could never let myself to be so fat, no way in hell.

I eat fast food once every 2 months, its not just the fatness issue, but also the health issue...clogged arteries with yellow fat and nasty fluids...no thanks messed

Darth Revan
Nice... I live only a couple hours away from number six cool

And some tiny little place in eastern Oregon is the most wireless internet-enabled town in America blink

lil bitchiness
I have indeed. no expression

raming a large metal stick up someone....ugh, why do people resort to that...just stop eating!

sick

lil bitchiness
So has your city cry

sick

Tex
Lil is a anti-fat fanatic! schmoll
She's totally prejudiced against the pleasantly plump! mad

First her outrageous remarks toward that Orka that died in the couch and now this?!?

How unsympathetic!

I like fat people!

BackFire
One good thing about fat people...well...fat girls at least...

They'll do anything in bed to make up for their gortesque physique, and they're good for back up poon.

Also, fat people are usually funny, if for no other reason then just becuase they're funny to look at. Plus, most fat people are friendlier then skinny people because of the fact taht superficial people won't have anything to do with them, so they have to rely on personality to win people over rather then looks.

One last good thing about being fat, if me and some skinny guy were to get stranded on an island without food, I'd last alot longer then the skinny fella. Thus my chances to be rescued would increase heavily.

Arachnoidfreak
Well, that's a little extreme, "stop eating so much" is better. That's what I did, and im nearly 30 pounds lighter for it. Go me!

WindDancer
More likely breast implants than lipo-suction. Most likely silicone weight than fat weight. But I'm not going to generalize too much. So, if I'm wrong...oh, well.

Silver Stardust
I know, I never eat fast food if I can help it, one time I had McDonald's for dinner on my way home from work (no one was at home and I knew there wasn't really anything to eat, and I was really hungry) and I was almost sick from it.

Royal Knight
10 leading causes of death in the US

1. Diseases of heart 700,142 245.8 <---Hmmm I wonder why
2. Malignant neoplasms (cancer) 553,768 194.4
3. Cerebrovascular diseases 163,538 57.4
4. Chronic lower respiratory diseases 123,013 43.2
5. Accidents (unintentional injuries) 101,537 35.7
6. Diabetes mellitus 71,372 25.1<---another reason too
7. Influenza and pneumonia 62,034 21.8
8. Alzheimer's disease 53,852 18.9
9. Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis 39,480 13.9
10. Septicemia 32,238 11.3

Tex
We love you just the way you are BF! love

Dont let that fat Nazi lil and her outrageous fat hate get to you! mad

BackFire
love

lil bitchiness
Tex confused

I dont have anything against pleasently plump people happy but obease people are not right no cry

Im not skinny myself, but i aint fat blink but Im not one of those people who can eat anything and stay thin, I dont have fizzy drinks, i dont drink, i dont smoke, i dont eat take out...and im still having to keep a track of what i eat in order to maintain a good weight!

Its hard, and i know it must be hard for fat people to get the weight down, but there is nothing worse than fat person walking into McDonnalds...no thats no right. And its not healty and these people can die from heart attack way before their time.

no

Arachnoidfreak
(maybe the heart attack IS their time?)

I see more fatties in Ihop than in McDonalds, to be honest.

WindDancer
I see more fatties at Buffets than in IHOP.

lil bitchiness
liop-suction is...waste of time. cos those people have just lost tons and tons of weight, yet their eating pattern hasnt changed, they'll just get it all back on confused

Actually, on channel 5 tonight, i watched cosmetic surgery live (some nasty show sick), brest implants are in the second place, just receantly overtaken by lipo-suction.

Silver Stardust
I'm the same way...so I understand perfectly where you're coming from yes

BackFire
Obese people suck, they're the reason I don't go to walmart, because they are always there and they take up full lanes.

You know what's even sadder, when these fat people bring their children to Mcdonalds and make them eat it. My friend was telling me how once at a Mcdonalds there was some fat lady eating with her young son, and the son didn't want to eat his last hamburger, and the mom yelled at him and made him eat it.

That's just wrong.

Tex
Save it for the judge....when you're arrested for committing a fat hate crime!! schmoll

Ugh! I'm sickened! mad

If I were fat I'd b!tch slap you with my sweaty b!tch t!ts! stick out tongue

WindDancer
Here in my neck of the woods silicone Breast implants are in first place.........of course I'm complaining about them. whistle shifty

BackFire
"If I were fat I'd b!tch slap you with my sweaty b!tch t!ts!"

HAHAHA

lil bitchiness
Exactly what im talking about. Its very wrong, and unfair to the kinds thumb down

silver_tears
What do you mean if darling?
No wonder we haven't gotten a new picture of you in forever! winkiss

BackFire
Yep.

But, there are a few occasions when being thin is more hazardous to your health then being fat. Case in point, Jared from Subway, that guys in constant jeopardy of being stabbed in the ass with my foot. God damn I hate him. I'd rather be fat then be like that *******.

lil bitchiness
eek! I was about the comment about the no picture thing! laugh1

V@LL3jOk!D707
go san francisco! dance

BackFire
Psh, I can vouche for Tex, he is in better shape then anyone I've seen, of course, with teh workout we have every night, he damn well better be... He makes all of you chicks look like Mcdonald eating Walmart shoppers.

Silver Stardust
Stabbed in the ass with your foot.

OMFG Backfire, you never cease to crack me up.

Same with you, Tex laughing out loud

silver_tears
Tex can only afford to shop at Wal-Mart yes

Darth Revan
psh that's nothing, I saw him the other night at Ross: Dress for Less in the "husky" section *giggles*

Tex
I used to be fat in elementary school, and the little kids were really mean to me and they used to throw french fries and apple cores at me at lunch.

I really had no friends.

It was really bad.

The summer before entering middle school I worked hard all summer to loose weight. I figured it would be absolute hell if I didn't.
I went through puberty that same summer and grew a bunch...my body really changed and I've been pretty fit ever since.

But those I sill have those scars from what happened when I was little.

So it really upsets me when people make fun or, or look down upon fat people. cry

*And the Oscar goes to* diva

Suckers! stick out tongue

silver_tears
Husky is just a business term for nearing obesity! winkiss
So is festively plump droolio

silver_tears
I could see you as the kid who got beat up for his lunch money yes

lil bitchiness
He ''looks down upon fat people'' and calls me a anti-fat fanatic laugh1stick out tongue

Tex
Wal*Mart?!? Ross?!?!

You fat whores! mad

Ugh!

Whatever!

You two wear bed sheets! stick out tongue

winkiss

lil bitchiness
Post a pic of you Tex, we have posted plenty of our pics, proving we aint fat....lets see your move....byatch fab

silver_tears
Awww darling do you still get beat up for lunch money? cry
That's propably the only thing that keeps you from obesity! winkiss

TrAnCeDuO
i just want to say that if its anything that our government has done right during bush's reign of terror is passing a bill dismissing lawsuits of individuals that claim"the restaurant made them fat"...pfft what a pathetic excuse...damn gold diggers!

lil bitchiness
laugh1 The resturants made them fat! laugh1

That is so sad. Blaming everyone else for their own fault...

Darth Revan
laughing

That's like somebody stealing a car stereo and saying "the stereo made me do it!!!"

lil bitchiness
laugh1 haha!

WindDancer
I can't remenber the names but some of those folks did win the lawsuits. Heck, for a 10 million dollar compensation I'll sue the good ol' Colonel for making me eat those delicious crispy strips!

lil bitchiness
Thats just rediculous. sleepy People are so qucik to blame others for whats cleary their own fault messed

WindDancer
Yeah, but those folks sure became rich. Can't blame them for their scheme. It work, anyways......I'm out!

Dr. Strangelove
Sac is 10th fittest YES Happy Dance

I remember reading an article in Time that said Sacramento is the most diverse city in America and its the most diverse area in the world.shock

Hear it is for anybody interested

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,340694,00.html

bardock
minne is elevnth but i live about 150 miles from there.but minnesota is pretty fit

RaventheOnly
eek! exactly eek! they don't need resturants to pack um on there laughing out loud everything made there includes lard as the top ingredient laughing out loud

Haha New York Rules

JediHDM
ok, maybe Houston is the fatest, maybe not...but i can tell you why Austin is one of the leanest...its because they have 50,000+ college kids living right in the center of the city!!

MC Mike
I live 20 minutes from Houston and about 10% of the people in my community are fat. I guess central area is much... fatter. messed

I rule
Hey that mat be true in a way but there are also fat people in Europe to yes But theres just more in the USA. If Mc Fickin Donalds wasnt made then the fat in the US would probably drop a few percent. And besides McDonalds is nasty.

lil bitchiness
There are fat people everywhere yes

America is however still the fattest stick out tongue

I rule
Oh well stick out tongue

RonyLeBeau

Lady_Eowyn3
i live in houston, and in my high school, only abou 10-15% are obese, there's not that many that are completely skinny, just built, with meat on their bones. also i did use to be fat, i gained like 40 lbs he summer b4 7th grade, 20 of those lbs in my breasts, but i lost weight recently so i'm @ my healthy weight of 110, which is fine for me b/c i'm 5'1"

speaking about the general houston public tho, from what i see in places, generally it is the older population that is overweight, i haven't seen many really fat teens, like i said b4 they're all just with shape, but many adults are overweight

Lady_Eowyn3
teenage sleep deprivation, however is another story sad

lil bitchiness
OMG, get a grip, will ya. Too many USA haters? huh that has absoutely nothing to do with anything, USA is the fattest nation in the world, deal with it.

fever red
She's right though- its getting to sound quite pathetic- Everyone loves a scapegoat, and the whole world is TOO happy to belittle fat America. It's true but its also becoming a crutch.
And on an individual level, it's just as worm-slithery-low. Get over your neighbor's fatness, people. Your problem may not be your weight, it may not be physical at all, but you've got one, oh yes you do! Jest like me, you're lazy and don't want to concentrate on your own journey, but that doesn't excuse blowing it off in order to gossip-snippety-snip spite-ful snipery about the fatsos! Ah, hee hee hee hee hee hee. I love how yucky we all are! There is no hope! Let us hold a worm race. Whoever can squim the lowest and produce the most slime wins!
Barista! Another triple red-eye, please!

lil bitchiness
What the hell are you all talking about?

Scapegoat for what? The rest of the world isnt as near as fat as USA, what scapegoat is who creating? What are you talking about, please read this thread.

Its not a debaite thread, its informative thread. In UK, we have a fat nation challange going on because UK is getting to be one of the fattest in Europe, but lookie, we're doing something about it.

This is an informative thread, not a looking for scapegoat, whatever that means.

Paxelius
It's not so much our change of lifestyle that makes us fat, but all the dubiouse growth hormones we induce in our cattle and eat, they work in us too.

lil bitchiness
No, its stuffing your faces with McDonnalds that makes you fat, the fact that you people dont walk anywhere but only drive and have no exercise.

WindDancer
Some fast food restaurants include extra lard in their food. So in reality you are not getting a 100% beef in a hamburger. Anyways, whatever people lifestyle is....it ain't none of my business. I have my nutrition to worry about. They want to stuft their faces with a daily dose of hamburgers.......well, let them! If they are happy eating those greasy hamburgers, then more power to them. I'm happy with myself and what I look like. If I get too fat.....I blame myself and no one else. Besides, being too thin and too skinny isn't healthy so I just leave it at that.

lil bitchiness
When I worked in the kitchen, i saw the way fries was made embarrasment its swimming in fat...but when you eat it its super tasty embarrasment

Silver Stardust
Eww that's so gross, Milla...

lil bitchiness
I know. I dont eat fries, my Sliming World diet doesnt allow it stick out tongue

But yeah...when you think about that, and then the burgers and then ho the fat looks in humans, its yellow sick it kinda makes you not wanna eat a lot confused

Paxelius
lil *****: humans would _not_ be as fat as they are today if we didn't feed our cattle (which in turn ends up in McDonalds) with growth hormones.

Paxelius
hehe smile didn't mean to call you any profanities.

Silver Stardust
I've never liked fast food before...but that's making me like it even less sick

(btw I love the quote in your sig ohyes)

ladygrim
at least its not the shittest place on earth like 'leek' god it is crap ... we are over run with charity shops cuz they are rent free over run with pubs... 58 to a small town and antique shops on every corner ... nothing for kids teenagers ...

I rule
God dang, lets diss America a little more shall we. I mean come on, who gives a shit about whos fat, skinny, whatever. So what if USA has fat people. Its there choice and just worry about your own weight.

WindDancer
There is only 1 reason why America is gaining so much weight......and that reason is......

..BEER!

BackFire
I blame reality TV shows, there I said it.

People are too busy watching other peoples lives that they forget that they have one of their own to live and have fun with. Then they order pizza everynight while watching "Who wants to marry a donkey" and get fat and homely. Reality TV shows will be the demise of this world, mark my words.

lil bitchiness
laugh1 who wants to marry a donkey laugh1

The Omega

I rule
The next reality show must be " who wants to marry a b!tch " Your right about everything you said.

BackFire
Man, Omega, I wish people on reality shows could die. I'd watch that one. WHenever I accidentally watch that garbage I'm always wishing death on at least 75% of the people on screen.

Arachnoidfreak
You know, that's actually happened. Some guy raped and married his donkey....

wtf mate?

The Omega
rolling on floor laughing What, only 75 %????

BackFire
Yeah, I feel guilty if I wish death on more people then that.

The exception is "The Real World". I want every single contestant to die on that show. I should hold fake auditions for that show, tell them that I'm auditioning for the next Real World, and then put them all in one building and burn it down.

The Omega
hysterical

SaTsuJiN
I suppose that might be better than being 'most bulimic' country... huh

botankus
I know Houston's won it in the past, but I thought Detroit edged out Houston this past year.

lil bitchiness
You might be right.

I saw a program on british TV about lipo-suction and they said that Houston is the fatest, i checked on the internet and it was there.

You could be right though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.