what do you find offensive?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

manchichirtchit
i can't believe that people are still offended by the word f*ck and sh!t. i have a somewhat perverted sense of humor so whatever offends me is pretty extreme, like racism or disrespecting cultures that no one has a clue about.

Raven Guardia
well obviously the F-word offends the Relgious people,...and I am Relgious. sometimes I let it slip only when I'm extremly mad...but I dont like saying it sad....but what offends me is when people call me stupid, or say duh to me. because half the people who call me dumb are ditzy and have no idea what I even talking about i.e. Psych,Chem etc.

shellie
yep , sums it up here too . im offending by racism as well . but cussing doesnt offend me unless you are being disrespetful and cussing someones name .

manchichirtchit
i cuss like a rapper. but i do it in an appropriate place (if there is such a thing). i'd do it anywhere if i'm pi$$ed... except in church. i don't want lightning to strike me.

Darth Revan
Maybe I'm being thick headed here... But what do you religious folk have against swearing? It never says in the bible that you can't say the word "f*ck"... And like anything, it's just a word... It's not like Satan is going to jump up out of the ground at pull you back down with him if you say it...

The one specific thing that offends me (that I can think of) is when some dumbass tells everybody that arabic people are barbaric/savage/terrorists when they know no more about what's going on in the middle east than any of us. And racist comments, those bother me too.

manchichirtchit
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/fwordflash.html

you should watch that, Darth...

lil bitchiness
^^ yeah, im with Nivek why are religious people finding swearing offencive...blink

anyway, I find nastyness offencive, Bad mannared people, as well as ignorance, and closed minded people.

Man, its bad not to know stuff and be ignorant, but its worse not wanthing to know..ignorance sucks thumb down

Darth Revan
Seen it already laughing

Raven Guardia
DR we dont or at least I dont think satan is gonna jump out of the ground. like I said I do swear. but I try not to...it just bothers me people tend to think of Christians and relgious people as stero-types. we are normal people only we have a higher faith then those who are not christains. swearing (out of control swearing) to me is offensive for one because it sounds bad, and two sometimes there is no need for it people just swear randomly which is annoying.

Darth Revan
oh, and homophobic comments... those bother me, too.

Darth Revan
I'm not stereotyping you, I've met a number of Christians who say they find swearing offensive. And you still haven't explained why... "It sounds bad" isn't a very legitimate reason, to me blink

Sun Ce
i'm a Christian, but i don't believe in religion blink

Darth Revan
...what?... no expression

Royal Knight
I completely 100% agree what that Darthyes

Royal Knight
how is that possibleblink

Raven Guardia
well because sometimes swear words are so stupid and have such pathetic meaning, I mean if you wanna get a point across use a real word. one that actually has a place in the dictionary and one that actually has a meaning to it. some swear words sound trashy. I know you dont understand me, but why use a swear word when you can substitute it with something better. mostly the F word, its so fake and pointless...just never mind.

Sun Ce
religion is just stupid laughing out loud i think its a pointless thing really, ya see i was Chrisened, thats all, i don't give a damn abotu religion erm

Darth Revan
So why do you still consider yourself a Christian...? blink

RG> I get what you're saying, but I still don't see how the f word is "fake"... Yeah, it has a double meaning, but so do a lot of other words.

Raven Guardia
nick sad....thats horrible sad.....do you still not believe in god sad...

Royal Knight
ooo confused

Raven Guardia
well fake as in empty, to me it seems like an empty word, no real meaning. its just aword the baiscally subsitutes anger. most people say it when they are so angry they have no others words to say.....and I'm sure there are plenty of other words that could show your anger. but I do understand people sometimes just say it, its their reaction to things. but I dont like when they pop it into every day convo like my friend cari, she says it like every other word messed.

Sun Ce
sad,.........no i don't mandy,.....sorry sad

Darth Revan
So... how is saying anything else when you're angry any less "empty" than saying "f*ck"?

Raven Guardia
you know you would be a great lawyer or a great person to have debates with laughing out loud ......I guess its not, I just get sick of hearing the F word, cause everyone says it soooooo much. I say it,.....but only when I get really really worked up. I tend to say other bad words, I'm trying to stop because I dont like to swear...and I know I sound sooooo lame, but hey,that how its right. everybody has their own opinion. and I'm not disagreeing with yours. you did bring up some good facts...I'm just explaining what ya asked me wink laughing out loud

Darth Revan
Right, well thanks for your time wink big grin

TrAnCeDuO
i hate it when people make up messed up anime couples that were never intended to happen...my teeth shatter to pieces whenever i hear about another duoxheero yaoi fanfic...

Raven Guardia
laughing out loud no problem, I would ask to hear your veiws but I must be off to sleep, I got school again tomorrow (what else is new).

so Night big grin

Sun Ce
don't go!!! i just sent my REPLY IN PM!!!!!, u always do this weep

Elektra_lover
Dude she has school

MC Mike
The Average American's Ignorance. no expression

No offense, and yes, I am American. stick out tongue

Unholy_Cheese
I a christan but still not really sure
Religion brings destruction, death, war and hate so i would prefer the world to be athiest, but that'll never happenlaughing out loud

soundtrack
i actaully find different religions and cultures very interesting. i myself am christian and jewish (but i dont really believe in any religion, its kinda hard to explain erm ). im very open minded and dont care what anyone is. just as long as your not racist.

bardock
i get offended when people are ignorant to cowboy bebop

soundtrack
lol, i can agree with that stick out tongue

TrAnCeDuO
bardock:i know its a great series and all but really whats to say about it?i mean yeah it did raise the bar on anime but so did the matrix with movies...so i think the only thing we can do is try to go forward and make better...

bardock
mad

Tex
Cowboy Bebop rules!
I have every episode on DVD raver

Offensive: Anyone who is racist, homophobic, a sexist elitist or antisemitic.

bardock
mine is coming in the mail soonraver

TrAnCeDuO
first of all jeez im sorry...but its the most i can say...others can say more...

and second im not homophobic...i just hate unintentional pairing from a weird fanbase...

Shadow_Fox
I do too. *sigh*

Sun Ce
lass i have college erm, and look its 05:05am laughing out loud and i don't give a damn, college=sooo boring happy

Shadow_Fox
I hate college. *sigh* all the lectures and crap.

Sun Ce
well i don't have to work, even the teach said it, its completly up to us if we work or not, we can just sit there messing around all day if we want, but its best to work, still i sooo hate college, and i'm not looking forward to it tommorow sad

Shadow_Fox
I despair every moment I spend in my class with that teacher, all of my friends are in a different college sad

charlit
when people ofend me stick out tongue

BackFire
Nothing, I've never been offended by anything.

Things I think are stupid on the other hand -

Racism

Anti-Gay Marriage people.

Hippies and their beliefs

Protestors who block traffic

Feminists...shave your pits and call me, whore.

anyone who uses the terms "liberal" or "conservative" as an insult.

beastnpyro
i get offended when people talk to me like im dumb... but the truth is im actually smarter than them... that offends me big time makes me bag the cwap outta them...

BackFire
Maybe if you didn't spell "Crap" like a small child you wouldn't have that problem....just a thought.

Lord Soth
-Public opinion in general (people are idiots who will believe anything)
-Propoganda of any kind
-predjudice
-Rap (music for ppl with no appreciation for music)
-religious fanaticism
-unfounded righteousness

and other such things

beastnpyro
not my fault if i did a typo......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.