OT DVD release article

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess

queeq
Wow, finally some good news about the DVD. A long long making of.... Sounds good.

Creechuur
There are articles all over the place about the OT DVD's.

I don't know if this is old news or not, but it has been confirmed that Hayden has replaced Sebastian Shaw in the last scenes of RotJ.

Boris
Like the pic lol

queeq
Yes, yes... old news that.

Jedi Priestess
BOP! I realise this ya smartass! I thought Id share one of the better ones with some of the less sarcastic peeps Mister Chreech! wink

Xam
thanks alot JP!

Jedi Priestess

queeq
Okay...

Jedi Priestess

mephistodesigns
I like the one about, at least if I'm gonnna have rocks thrown at me, I'm gonna have rocks thrown at me for something I love {paraphrasing}
That's great. I mean, it is his baby. I write and do visual arts and I tweak stuff all the time. Most of the OT changes I totally agree with. Most are just asthetic anyway, like opening up Bespin, very very good idea. The musical number, all right, maybe it wasn't what it could be, but whatever, I can stomach it. The whole Greedo thing has come to a moderately ok comprimise, I can live with the DVD version. I love the Jabba scene in ANH, when I read the script I really wanted to actually see it. I mean, overall, the changes really aren't that bad. The core movie is still there, the archetype heroes are there. The drama is there. The struggle is there. The mysticism of the force is there. The real deep reasons why its become a cultural phenonmenon are still there. So what if he wants to change a few minor details and asthetics? We still get chills when we hear Vader's speech in ESB to Luke. We still go wow that's evil every time an imperial officer hits the deck clutching his throat (some of us even still laugh at that!). We still love AT-AT's, Yoda, all of it's still there. So I don't see why everyone is so MILITANT about changes. And I know some people understand, and I understand not liking EVERY change, but all in all, does it really need to go past, "yeah, I wasn't to thrilled about __________ being changed". I mean, you can still enjoy them as a whole. Everything that bore its' way into your subconcious, all the mythology, its still there. I just don't see how people get so angry about the changes. Ok, it's not minute for minute the originals, but does the Death Star still get destroyed? Is Luke still a hero? Is Vader still a bad mother-shut your mouth? Is Lando still a space pimp? Doesn't the Empire still tople at the end of ROTJ? Ok, then why do people get so worked up over such, when you really look at it, minor touches?

DarthCyrax
dang those chicks are smoking hot.

Boris
He will release the 'untouched originals' in years to come and make even more money, what a businessman lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.