Who is the best male rapper?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nhoj21
Who is the best rapper?

Deathblow
none of those ^

and this thread has already been done:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=306244&perpage=20&pagenumber=5

ElectricBugaloo
Null: Gift of Gab

Mr Zero
Vanilla Ice

BloomBabyGirl
none of your mainstream pimp ho rappers..save tupac., he was

Alpha Centauri
Tupac never was. Not overall.

Zack De La Rocha then Method Man. That's well known. But I would hold to that. There's loads of underground MCs that rule.

-AC

BloomBabyGirl
o. tats not whats i meant . i mean he didnt fit in with alll the other rappers on the list he was better then that. not much but still

Dr. Strangelove
I would say Immortal Technique but I haven't heard a lot off other underground rappers so that could change.

ElectricBugaloo
Gift of Gab > Method Man or ZDLR

BloomBabyGirl
i thik if ur gonna put up talentless rappers like that on a poll, then u should have a none of the above section

I rule
They all suck. They rap for money, women, and fame. While uderground rappers rap because they like to express their words in their songs and not just talk about pimpin hos or whatever.

koolruningz
Aaaaaamen!

MF D00m
Yesssssssss.

ElectricBugaloo
we needed a new village idiot

I rule
Who the hell are you talking about?

MF D00m
I've heard just about every current MC in hip-hop, even the very wack ones. So here's my list of the best at this current moment. Based on Lyrics, consistency, flow, skill, overall work (including material they've done with groups and/or other artists), ect. I'll just make it a top 5 since there was 5 to vote for in this poll.

1. John Smith
2. Illogic
3. MF Doom
4. Sage Francis
5. Gift of Gab

Darth Revan
Zack de la Rocha
Chuck D
The Roots
Immortal Technique

Tptmanno1
Zack!
Expecially on renagades!
I just bought that, and Holy crap!

Darth Revan
Really? Don't have it yet... It's all covers, right? blink

Tptmanno1
yea but they cover a bunch of hip-hop and he's insane.
but the austrailian extra features one, they do a song with cypress hill, its pretty tight.

Darth Revan
Oh, cool. Yeah, Zack is incredible when he's really rapping, he's done a couple songs with hip hop groups like Blackalicious and The Roots.

ChrissyN
Kid Rock is my all time favorite rapper, singer, pop, rock and country..He is just BEAUTIFUL. Very Talented. Chrissy

Darth Revan
...Kid Rock is bad at everything he touches no expression

That cd was rages worst i think. It was pretty good, but doesn't come close to the self-titled, Battle of Los Angeles or Evil Empire

I'd say my favorite rapper right now is

Immortal Technique
Closely followed by Mobb Deep (more specifically Havoc)

ElectricBugaloo
yeah, the 8 words he had during "Release" were hxc.

Deathblow
is this Mobb Deep's new stuff you talking about? Cos in the old days Prodigy was far superior to Havoc. Back when they were good sad

ElectricBugaloo
MF, i like Sage and all, but i wouldn't put him in the top 5; his flow isn't the greatest.

el_barto

laughing out loud!

MF D00m
But his lyrics are and he hasn't released a bad album.

rapmastad
the roots suck, tupac was one of the greatest rapper of all time

MF D00m
haha, I would expect that from a Mase fan.

rapmastad
laughing whats wrong with mase??? anyway, i like almost every single rap artist, except for a few *cough* roots *cough*

BloomBabyGirl
mase is great but i think mos def is ill

Darth Revan
1. Hate to break it to you, but the thing that's wrong with Mase is... he sucks.
2. I sincerely doubt you have heard every single hip hop artist. Even MF D00m hasn't heard them all, and he is the mighty hip hop king of KMC...
3. The Roots are an incredible group, lyrically and musically.
4. (say it with me, folks....) RAP... IS... NOT... A... GENRE!!! stick out tongue

BloomBabyGirl
yes yes hip hop is the genre but sometimes its easier just ta say rap. mase isnt all terrible. and i REALY doubt any1 at KMC has heard all hip hop artists

Darth Revan
That last one was only a joke, hence the stick out tongue

ssj4goku
hey mf doom are you on any other sights

Alpha Centauri
"They all suck. They rap for money, women, and fame. While uderground rappers rap because they like to express their words in their songs and not just talk about pimpin hos or whatever."

No. Most mainstream MCs rhyme because they HAVE all that stuff. Not FOR it. Underground rappers, depending on their integrity and intention, rap coz they WANT that stuff. Instead of doing it for expression.

Zack's song with KRS-One was awesome. I love all the material he has ever put out. He's a genius, very smart guy.

-AC

ElectricBugaloo
No. Most mainstream MCs rhyme because they HAVE all that stuff. Not FOR it. Underground rappers, depending on their integrity and intention, rap coz they WANT that stuff. Instead of doing it for expression.

no.

not all mainstream rappers are rich and have bling bling even if they rap about it.

and saying that all underground rappers want it is just plain wrong.

MF D00m
Well said.

I think their new stuff is jsut as good as their old stuff...i think that their new stuff is far superior production wise compared with "The Infamous"...the infamous is a classic cd, and superior lyrics compared to Amerkiza NIghtmare, but the production just doesn't make you go "oohhh now this is hot" except for "Shook Ones II" which is one of the hottests productions and hottests songs i've ever heard. I've only heard 3 mobb deep albums, so i'm not like of course i could be wrong about past production, Maybe Hell on Earth has sick production, but i just haven't heard it yet.

Deathblow
No way. To be honest, their new stuff sucks hard. They just sound like every other terrible gangsta rap act now. I like the production on their older stuff just fine. The Infamous is so raw, the beats are minimal, grimey but still catchy, and the lyrics were the most important thing. Back in those days they sounded like a real hardcore underground act, despite being essentially a mainstream group. Now they sound indestinguishable from the rest of the G-Unit shit out there.

The Infamous is definitely in my top 10 hip-hop albums ever.

nhoj21
At least they're legends and a leastthay can rap.Ifyou can rap send me one stupid

Alpha Centauri
"and saying that all underground rappers want it is just plain wrong. "

I said depending on their integrity. There are many who do not and I respect them for it. I also said that alot of mainstream MCs rap coz they HAVE the stuff mentioned. Not necessarily FOR it or to obtain it.

-AC

DarthCyrax
theres so many rap artists to pick so i cannot pick

Darth Revan
I used to rap all the time with my man Hockey
My ill rhymes destroy new Mobb Deep like Nagasaki
no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.