Vader Is Robocop.... Lucas Has Lost His Mind

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigsef3
i was reading another post here, where an article was quoted regarding the original SW DVDS. In the audio commentary, GL states that he put Hayden as Anakin at the end of ROTJ to show how Anakin learned to maintain his "original identity" before becoming darth vader.

It's always bothered me why GL introduced the midichlorians in the first place, and now we know the answer. It was to state the fact that Anakin had an unusually high midichlorian account, which is a scientific explaination as to why he is so strong in the force. How does this relate to the article....

Anakin DIES at the end of EPIII. Obiwan KILLS HIM. He's dead. Obiwan knows he's dead. Everyone else thinks he's dead. Anakin Skywalker is all but forgotten by everyone else in the Galaxy. How else could a Luke SKYWALKER from tatooine go unnoticed? If people knew darth vader was anakin skywalker, they would know luke was his son, plain and simple. But i digress....

At the end of EPIII, Obiwan kills anakin in the duel. The emperor sends the stormtroopers to go collect "whats left" of him. Anakin is dead but he has a high midichlorian count and Palpatine is able to "revive" his physical body, keepin the midichlorians alive, with a living-dead Anakin. He is so cold and heartless, not because he's a total bastard, but because Palpatine makes him a total bastard.

Just like those Robocop movies where Robocop only had vague blurry memories of his past life. Its the same with Anakin. Only a shadow of the person he used to be remains and it takes Luke to bring the true anakin back out.

Lucas has lost it, people!

Cipher
There's a rumor that Anakin dies....
Not neccessarily true, though. He is believed dead by the galaxy at large, I'm sure.
As for Luke, Tatooine is on the edge of the galaxy and completely unimportant.
Luke lived on the other side of the world and no one there knew of the slave boy named Skywalker.....

PVS
its all in JP's thread.

and its really annoying S***

if this is true, i just have lost all faith in GL.

Cipher
But Robocop? Kind of.... But Luke was right him not being more machine than man.

PVS
but you see...this is making vader ALL machine, and makes the very end of ROTJ make no sense at all. its just f'n stupid and i am just pissed about it.

Cipher
I don't see what you mean? Anakin preserved a snapshot of himself as a young man?

PVS
if anakin is NOT a part of vader, then....oh just read the other thread and i explain my views...these 2 threads nead to be merged...

Cipher
Anakin is Vader. Anakin knew of the idea of becoming on with the Force, but nobody had done it. That would explain his surprise on the Death Star.
He uses the trick on the second Death Star after being saved by Luke and that's why his ghost is there on Endor. All this does is explain why his spirit is
there. Was it neccessary? No. But it isn't terrible.....

PVS
but he didnt disappear cipher

his body was taken back to endor and burned.

up till now, i figured since he was the "chosen one", he just retained his identity

Cipher
Well, the disappearing trick is the weird(est) part of all this. I'm not sure how or if that'll be explained. Could be only the good guys.....

bigsef3
it would appear light and dark could have different abilities..... LIGHT jedi can disappear when they die and live on... DARK JEDI/SITH can become very powerful and use that power to live on a very long time (the emperor is thousands of years old)

Cipher
Yeah, different abilities maybe. But the Emperor? Thousands of years?
I don't know.....

PVS
i agree with the "ancient palpatine" theory bigsef, but the whole issue here is :
why does vader not know kenobi is still alive with the force?

Ushgarak
We're already talking this over elsewhere, so... closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.