Anime you've never heard of

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thirst
so what's some anime/manga's you think people have never heard of before

1. Escaflowne

big gay kirk
has anyone heard of, seen or even dreamed vaguely of Destry...???

BlackHatDefect
Mine...well...for Americans anyway..these are all classics in Japan
Boys Nexed Door
Kaine
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
Parfeit Tic
Count Cain
Ludwig
Full Moon Wo Sagashite
Tramps Like Us
Blood Hound
Yamada Taro
Duck Prince
Your And My Seret

I couls go on forever!

soundtrack
escaflowne
saiyuki
rahxephon
mega tokyo (i think i might be wrong w/ this one? lol)
pretear (?)
s-cry-ed
pilot candidate (the only reason i say this one, is b/c it never got to finish its series unfortunatly sad )

TrAnCeDuO
megatokyo is a webcomic/manga...the fact that its widely popular and is primarily posted on the internet disqualifies it from that...same for Pilot Candidate since aired on cartoon networks adult swim(please dont flame me im just giving out my definition of this thread)

i would have to say...

Jungle Guu
Chrno Crusade
Green Green

soundtrack
im not going to, lol. thats why i put the little notes by those 2, i thought i might be wrong lol.

TrAnCeDuO
oh my bad...

soundtrack
no prob stick out tongue

BlackHatDefect
more more nya
Love Monster
kimi skika Iranai
Love Is A Small APT
Legal Drug
Yonan No Natsu
Love Master

HELLOOOOOO ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING MENTIONED SO FAR?

I'v read/seen EVERYTHING you ppl have listed...jump in any time!

DarkSwordsLady
Petear is known of in england or at lest around my area

LordKerrigor
anyone heard of one called "Shadow Skill"

Thirst
ive never met a single person in America that knew what "Escaflowne" was... erm

Gregory
Not by you. Heard of Escaflowne (although I'd always read the title as Escaflower, for some reason), pretear, s-cry-ed, Chrono Crusade, and Shadow Skill.

Mr Zero
It's called Visions of Escaflowne in Europe

BlackHatDefect
Everyones heard of Escaflowne(besides n00bs)

WindDancer
I'm not a 100% sure, but I think Chrono Crusade is kinda known in the US.

big gay kirk
wow!!! So you've actually seen Destry!!! That makes two of us!!!

TrAnCeDuO
i doubt that...i only watch them in subs so i doubt they are that well known around here...most of my friends never heard of it until they showed it at the anime club...also i want to remind you all that its Chrno and not Chrono...

WindDancer
My mistake I was thinking about the DVD set:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002KVV9M/qid=1094780822/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-9539226-1101638?v=glance&s=dvd

Is not available in the US yet, but is coming soon this month. I don't think it has been fully introduce, but hardcore fans in the US prolly knew about before the rest of us.

TrAnCeDuO
thanks!

*is thinking about telling anime club leader about this since all the chrno crusade episodes we have are all recorded off the tv)

soundtrack
has anyone heard of rahxephon, saiyuki or king of bandit jing?
(damn i know i have more but i cant think of them right now erm ).

BlackHatDefect
I'v heard of all of them*crys*I know all of these manga/anime....but im alone in the world..

soundtrack
aww, poor thing. let me try to think of some that you guys might not know erm .

WindDancer
yes

I've seen the Manga books in the Fantasy/Sci-Fi section of B&N.

bardock
i will have to check there

Robo-Chocobo
well i did hear of this "sex demon queen" one...i dont think i'm supposed to though/...

WindDancer
You can find lots of Manga books at B&N. I'm very sure that rahxephon is available.

angelicdarkness
anyone ever seen ragnarok??

its an awesome anime

Gory Game Lover
Code N.O.5.A.Awesome.Guns,Blood & Gore,Horror,Matrix-like action,
slow-mo scenes,and all kinds of stuff.2guns
rifle raygun

sniper robot raygun

So much close range combat too.

soundtrack
has anyone seen 'the get backers'? i really want to see that anime sad .

kaioshi
FLCL is the best anime in history!!! eek!

kaioshi
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

kaioshi
i like bananas Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

encryptedenigma
new to the forums, but i have a monster collection of anime (I mean monster) I have heard of everything mention thus far and have seen about 80% of them as well..with the exception of a few hentai that where mentioned..

I would have to agree that FLCL is probably one of the best anime ever made. But then again there are some many to choose from..

and to a previous post yeah "Shadow skill" is great.. one of the first i have ever seen. in fact they are playing it on TV as I type on the Action channel.. in subtitles..

kaioshi
their good for you thumb up

kaioshi
FLCL THE BEST!!! mad

kaioshi
ZORRO WILL KILL ANY WHO DISAGREES zorro

kaioshi
mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

encryptedenigma
ok FLCL is one of my top 5 and that is only because there are so many different types of anime, So i have a favorite for each type. But i will say that i love the FLCL soundtrac, I ride around in my car almost everyday blasting "The Pillows" They rock

BlackHatDefect
FLCL is ok,I don't see why its so "great"but its an ok anime to watch.

big gay kirk
Slightly off topic I know... apart from Destry, does anyone here know of any other Wild West anime??

BlackHatDefect
Ec Cedra
Trigun
Those are the only two I can think of that are Wild West-ish...good question

kanis
alien Another good place for anime is the the traveling man next to forbidden planet they have the most massive collection of anime I have ever scene, they have three shelves of manga and on those shelves are some pretty unknown anime one of my friends bought two volumes of Megatokyo manga, so it has know become manga.

tehOTAKU777
Here is Greenwood. A great Anime, It's in the states, but no ones ever seen it...

BlackHatDefect
AWSOME!I am a Greenwood fan as well..

Reborn Again
A little logic here. If I've never heard of an anime how can post it here?

Sami-chan
soo since this is a place for people who know about anime many others don't can anyone tell me about...

Yonan no katsu
love is like a small a small apartment
boy next door
love mode

any of these

or a opinion on the manga kaine

thanx happy

Sami-chan
i'm a yaoi person as well as het so here are some of mine!

Ai no kusabi
Level C
HunterXHunter
Hikaru no go
Waib kruas (that not how you spell it but its german and we're watching it in my anime club)
AIIhent OSoma (have is on DVD but haven't gotten to watch it)
Bleach (only cuz it's new)
Zelda the anime (based on the nintendo game)
the gravitation OVA's (they sucked compaired to the anime that sucked compaired to the manga but they were har to find)
theres more but it hurts to think.

by the way for the pretear people, where did you get it? i want it in japanese but i can only get it in english on the Anime ON Demand channel.

chibiruto
i've never seen a chrono crusades episode so i call it chrono but i didn't know anyone else knew about it. thats cool

Zahn Romanova
Here's one for you

VENUS WARS

grey fox
escaflowne is actualy known in england they played it for a few years on fox kids (Or as it is now known jetix ****ign fat-cat bastards )

chibiruto
sgt frog<hence Sgt keroro as mi avatar>

sai12
Wow I've heard of a lot of the ones you guys have listed! And I can't think of much that I've seen that you people wouldn't have seen. Umm...how about Vandread or Agentosoma. Those seemed kinda out there! Galaxy Angel anyone? Tee hee.

Flame Alchemist
...Heres one for all of you! Since im an Anime Geek... Take this!

My Hime!

and Love My HIme Again!

Also... Bleach?

Final Fantasy Unlimited.

and...

SPiral!

sai12
Ooh Spiral looke cool, if its the anime I am thinking of.

Flame Alchemist
Yeah probly...

chibiruto
jxdfhfjskdgfesa

crazy_c
Jeebus, I've heard of most of these yokes people have been listing, especially escaflowne! i thought everyone's heard of that. erm

Gosh I can't think of any...except some hentai ones, lol. Adventure kid, that's all they used to show on the sci fi channel over here blink

evil_made_flesh
most people i talk to have never heard of ebichu i recommend every1 see it cause its absolutely hilarious.

soundtrack
has anyone heard of "mezzo" - "d.n. angel" or "e's otherwise" ?

BlackHatDefect
I have heard of everything listed so far *go me and me geekness*

Alot of what you are naming are popular in Japan actually...

pohlowan
hi i read some of the names you all have, and my friend tlod me one called "trigun" i was wonderin if anyone has heard of it and is it any good?

sai12
Originally posted by crazy_c
Jeebus, I've heard of most of these yokes people have been listing, especially escaflowne! i thought everyone's heard of that. erm

Gosh I can't think of any...except some hentai ones, lol. Adventure kid, that's all they used to show on the sci fi channel over here blink

I thought everyone had heard of Escaflowne! Jeez I watched on Fox Kids years ago. Though they stopped it too soon! I had to buy it. I can't believe people haven't heard of it, its been around forever! Eh, well, just had to say that for some odd reason.....

Reborn Again
This thread is sorta an oxymoron 'cause how can I post those anime's I've never heard of if I've never heard of them? Anyone get the irony?

soundtrack
lol...that is so true RA

sai12
I think the point is to put up anime titles you think other people haven't heard of. Well, that was my impression. Then you read the other posts and see if there are any there you hadn't heard of. *shrug*

stormtrooper
Orochuban Ebichu(the opening song is kinda cute),anyone has seen MAPS?

demon_fox
DNA sights 999.9 (legi matsumoto)
unico in the island of magic (ozamu tezuka)
space firebird (same)
special duty combat unit: shinesman! (?)
these are all really old ^_^;;

*No_Starlight*
any one hear of getbackers, dead leaves, E's otherwise?
ive seen bits and pieces of the first two, (like maybe four eps. of getbackers) but nothing of e's otherwise, and some peeps told me it was good...

Lumenesca
Originally posted by *No_Starlight*
any one hear of getbackers, dead leaves, E's otherwise?
ive seen bits and pieces of the first two, (like maybe four eps. of getbackers) but nothing of e's otherwise, and some peeps told me it was good...

Oh yes, I've heard of these. In fact, I have Dead Leaves. Haven't watched the other two yet. wink

Alright, have any of you heard of...

Bottle Fairy
3000 Leagues in Search of Mother
Magical Angel Creamy Mami
Steel Angel Kurumi
Ichigo 100%
Green Green
Chibi Maruko-chan
Akazukin Chacha
St. Luminous Mission High School
Trinity Blood
Gorgeous Carat

^o^ Let's see if this gives ya a run for your money!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.