The NEW and IMPROVED best rapper poll

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MF D00m
Well I though I'd make a poll where people will actually vote. At first I was just going to put the top 5 best from the other thread that weren't available, but I decided to add some mainstream artists so everybody can vote.

Darth Revan
I'm going to say Zack, he's my personal favorite out of that list. yes

Tptmanno1
He's the only one I've heard, besides the main stream crap rappers

This is a very good poll, it's good you put the mainstream too so that those people can vote as well...i voted Immortal Technique

alic88
50 cent RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!

dude i m just kiddin... he definately does NOT deserve 2b in dat list

bardock
wheres fred durst.hmmm

MF D00m
This is a best poll, not a worst.

MF D00m
I agree that he doesn't, but I was trying to make this a poll that everybody can vote in. We have some 50 fans here.

ElectricBugaloo
i said Gift of Gab, i'd put John Smith #2

koolruningz
I'd love to vote twice. It's between Immortal Technique and KRS-1 for me. I voted for Immortal though because i have just finished listening to his album for the third straight time. I've only started listening to him recently but no rapper has had such an immediate impact on me, maybe KRS did back in the day but i cant remember that long ago confused

MF D00m
Which Immortal album do you have?

koolruningz
Revolutionary pt 2. It's fu**in awesome. "you never know" is one of the best storys i've heard in a hip hop track in years. It's like reading a good book and you cant wait to see how it ends. Its so refreshing to be able to understand what he is saying, which nowadays is an event for me with the Nelly's and 50 cents all over the tv. Honestly i can only understand about 1 in every 5 words those guys say. Peruvian Cocaine is another one of my favs. I know Immortal is great with his lyrics but i havent been able to get that tune out of my head all week, what movie is the melody from? Anyway who did you vote for MF D00m?

ElectricBugaloo
for some reason i found that hilarious

Deathblow
MF Doom for me...I've been able to get into Immortal Technique or John Smith. Still I'd like to have seen Slug and Aesop Rock up there.

koolruningz
I have been told i have great comedic timing, thanks for noticing. big grin

el_barto
50 CENT!!!!!!!

MF D00m
I voted for the best MC out right now. Who I've been saying is the best all along...

John Smith

What's so funny about that?

eezy45
I agree with that, except rap cannot be good smile

Yeah yo, you never know is one of the best tracks off that album. It's such a great story. My personally favorite track though is definetly The 4th Branch....soooo hot.

Deathblow
Your probably right smile

Hip-hop on the other hand, that can often be good.

MF D00m
but Hip-Hop is big grin

eezy45
as long as you don't force me to think so shock

MF D00m
Nobody can "force" you to do anything bud.

MF D00m
... but you are in a hip-hop thread... SO PREPARE TO BE FORCED.

MF D00m
They would have been, but you're only allowed 10 slots. I wouldn't mind changing Zack with either one of them because Zack isn't a rapper. He doesn't have a hip-hop album as a solo artist. I just put him up there, because nobody really listens to underground hip-hop here and there were some Zack fans in the other thread.

Dr. Strangelove
If you liked "you never know" you should buy his first album (great album by the way although I like Rev 2 a little more). Dance with the Devil is similar in that it tells a story, but I must say I can't listen to that song very much not because it sucks or anything, its an amazing track, but it's just such a devastating and sad song that it makes you feel sick when its over. Ive never had a song have such an impact on me like that.

BloomBabyGirl
why is 50 cent on the poll confused

koolruningz
I heard Dance with the devil the other day and you're right it's very disturbing. When i get some more cash together i'll be ordering a few more cd's off the internet (you cant get any of the underground ones in NZ). Jedi Mind Tricks and Blackalicious are next on my list.

Alpha Centauri
"I wouldn't mind changing Zack with either one of them because Zack isn't a rapper. He doesn't have a hip-hop album as a solo artist. "

All the underground MCs in the world who don't have solo albums are therefore not rappers? Strange theory.

I listen to underground Hiphop and I chose Zack because contrary to your belief, he is primarily a Hiphop MC and is widely recognised as such by many of the people in your signature list.

-AC

MF D00m
All the underground MCs in the world who don't have solo albums are therefore not rappers?

What the hell are you talking about? Since I have to spell it out to you: he doesn't have a hip-hop album PERIOD. Group or solo.

I listen to underground Hiphop and I chose Zack because contrary to your belief, he is primarily a Hiphop MC

How is he "primarily a hip-hop MC" when he hasn't even released one hip-hop album? Again, a few tracks doesn't make you "primarily a hip-hop MC".

and is widely recognised as such by many of the people in your signature list.

Oh, so I guess you've spoken with "many of the people in my signature". And you asked them their opinion on Zack being an MC. Then they gave you an answer and you guys partied. Right? I thought so.

Tptmanno1
MF doo, buy or listen to renagades before you call Zach not a rapper...

I know its all covers but still its f*ckin awsome!

What about March of Death? I'mpretty sure you posted that before.

MF D00m
Actually, I have TP. I'm not saying he can't rap, or be a hip-hop artist. The man's very talented, but he has no hip-hop albums. I mean his own original material. Group or solo. If eminem made a couple of country songs, would that make him primarily a country artist? No, it wouldn't.

Again, I am not dissing Zack or his skills in any way. I'm just saying how can he be primarily a hip-hop artist when he has no hip-hop albums. Group or solo. Even when (if) he does eventually release a full hip-hop album, I don't think he'll be considered as primarily a hip-hop MC.

rapmastad
what the hell happened to tupac?

Darth Revan
Tupac has nothing on Gift of Gab, Zack, Immortal Technique, KRS-One, and MF Doom...

MF D00m
Here's some more albums for you guys to check. Two are old and one's for you Cunninlynguists fans.

Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=EF9A9797F5BA91F11FD91A93AA0CB05C

Slum Village - Fantastic Vol. 2
http://www.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=DFFFFDF93AB1D7C8696DCFBF77645ADD

^^If you haven't checked this album yet, check it for the beats. They're worth it alone. The MC's are very average, but the production is as good as it gets.

Kno Of Cunninlynguists Presents - Excrementals 1-2-3
http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0EE3A4C55BABA8F4DC97FAA54B14231C

Enjoy!

and try to d/l them before the link expires.

big grin

Tptmanno1
YEa, but still it wouldn't be right to take him off this poll becuase he isn't primarily a hip-hop artist.

I will soon,
I'm trying to get a CD of Underground good stuff so that when ppl I know start playin 50 cent I can bust that out and blow them away wiht my amazing white-boy hip-hop ness.

MF D00m
YEa, but still it wouldn't be right to take him off this poll becuase he isn't primarily a hip-hop artist.

I'm not. I wasn't. If I didn't want him up there, he wouldn't have been up there in the first place. I added him to make everybody happy. Even the mainstream heads, but looks like people still like to argue (not you TP, hehe). The reason why I brought up him not being on the list is because somebody suggested that there should have been more hip-hop artists (i.e. Aesop and Slug). I was trying to tell them that I would rather have them instead of Zack, but ONLY because they're primarily hip-hop artists. Something Zack is not. You can say he's a hip-hop MC. That's cool, it's your opinion, but he can't be primarily a hip-hop artist for rapping on a couple of songs.

So don't worry, Zack's not going anywhere. I put him there to make you guys happy in the first place.

I'm trying to get a CD of Underground good stuff so that when ppl I know start playin 50 cent I can bust that out and blow them away wiht my amazing white-boy hip-hop ness.

haha, That's a great idea!

Deathblow
I know I'm probably talkin outta my ass here, but personally, I've never got Ras Kass. I don't know what it is, I just don't dig anything he's done. My problem I suppose.

^ yes yes yes! Best hip-hop group since De La Soul droolio Kno's beats are just sublime. I don't have that one (yet) but Will Rap For Food and Southernunderground I do have, and they are so nice. Deacon is a genius.

MF D00m
IMO, I dont care for Rass Kass either. But I figured since Hockey really liked him, some others would too. I wouldn't call myself a fan.

Bierbommetje
Zack

But thats just cause RATM owns and I dont like rap really.

So my vote might not be worth a lot

Mental Stamina
such a silly list
it's diverse
but...you don't even have the top underground or top mainstream artists
it's like you randomly picked names out of a hat

and wtf @ zach de la rocha

i'm a rage fan
but...he can't rap
*shaking head*

Aesop Rock or Dose One would be my picks for top emcee

Darth Revan
Dude... How can you say Zack de la Rocha can't rap? Have you ever heard any of his real hip-hop comps with other artists? Genius.

I actually think the guys on the poll were from another thread, though, so that explains the apparent randomness...

Afro Cheese
I voted KRS-one. Zack is an amazing lyricist, and he obviously raps. Just because the instrumentals are more rock influenced doesn't mean he isn't a rapper. But I had to vote KRS-one because nobody else voted him and its just not fair to have Jay-Z, Eminmem, and 50 Cent ahead of a legend like KRS-one.

koolruningz
KRS-one definately deserves more votes. He is a legend and one of my favourite old skool mc's. Even after all these years "blackman in effect" is still in my top 5 hip hop tracks. Anyone heard the old BDP live album?

SMOKE187
i say jay z and eminem are a tie. they both got great flows i never heard of mf doom or the other 2 listed. 50 cent is good but he needs to have faster flow.

Afro Cheese
Even Immortal Technique? He's pretty well known.

I don't have any KRS-one albums...that was way before my time. But I do have some of the songs on my computer.

My bad.... sorry for the double post.

Afro Cheese
Even Immortal Technique? He's pretty well known.

I don't have any KRS-one albums...that was way before my time. But I do have some of the songs on my computer.

startxthexmosh
i like older rap.but eminem has decent songs.

Deathblow
You deserve a medal thumb up

He also has, in my opinion, the best alias of any rapper. I'd love to know how he came up with it (KRS that is).

Vampy
none of them smile

koolruningz
I always thought it was something to do with his real name Kris Parker. Im pretty sure in "you know the rules" he says something like "my name is Kris Parker, KRS-one for short".

ElectricBugaloo
While I don't count him as the best, I think that Sage Francis may have some of the best lyrics out there.

Deathblow
It stands for 'Knowledge Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everyone', thats all I know.

koolruningz
Even better than my explanation.

Afro Cheese
Wow I never even knew it stood for anything. Especially the "one" part of his name.

Alpha Centauri
KRS-One is a very very great MC, very well educated. Also very arrogant though.

-AC

Wolf Dog
MF Doom is the funniest MC ever. Out of the list you made i would choose him. Zack also has a big linfluence on me cuz of his messages.I think Vast Aire is also really great.
"I hold the mic, like niggas holding girls tights."
"I got more soul than a sock with a hole."
"All a nigga want to do is fight and sell...tell jokes."
"Any who how 'bout them Yankees, When i get off the stage the party people thank me."
He has such a distinctive voice and he can make any beat tight. He can Mc over a retard on the drums and it will sound so damn good.
The most original and hilarious and hilarious MC ever. PLUS he makes phat beats.

ElectricBugaloo
I think the funniest MC out there is Busdriver.

Deathblow
I'd say Kool Keith (is the funniest).

HockeyHorror
funniest- either 50 cent for being a dumbass

or

MF DOOM

Busdriver too

not sure about Kool Keith...he just random funny laughing out loud

HockeyHorror
interesting how you haven't heard their music...yet you still vote.

(excluding the mainstream rappers)

Alpha Centauri
I vote for Bus-Driver, just coz of his name.

-AC

HockeyHorror
laughing out loud

Wolf Dog
I can't believe that Zack is tied with eminem. You people make me sick.
(The ones that voted for Eminem)
Eminem is pop.

HockeyHorror
i cant believe 50 cent has 2 votes...you people make me sick!

he deserves a negative number!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.