Why do beautiful people hate ugly people ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Papaumau
And not the other way round ?

OR....maybe they do ?

Clovie
ninja because they think that uglyness will jump onto them messed

j/k

i really don't think ppl hate each other only because of the outlook (right word?)

finti
I dont hate ugly peole confused big grin cool

WhiteEagle
I don't know that they do. messed But if they do, then it's for the same reason that anyone hates/looks down on another person for what they are. To make themselves feel better.

laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud Finti

Df02
im not ugly, im not particularly good looking but i wouldnt say i was ugly...

i dont dislike ugly people or beautiful people purely because of their looks. dont think ne1 should

WindDancer
I see beauty in the heart of the person. Not the physical. Sounds cheesy....but thats how I feel.

Fiery Eyes
big grin big grin hehe afraid ugly will jump on them.

anyways...I thk it's the same as for rich people that look down on the NOT so rich, becuz they think they are better than everyone else. Same as beuatiful people.

yerssot
I love ugly people, when I stand next to them, I look even more pretty cool

Paxelius
Why do beautiful people hate ugly people ?

They don't, that's like: Why do bad people hate good people?

Linkalicious
I work at a movie studio lot in Southern California. I see sooooo many "beautiful" people that I'm officially sick of seeing them

They walk around with their nose in the air, wearing their nicest close to their auditions, attempting to look professional.

NOTHING in this world is more fun than telling them " you aren't a movie star...you're an extra....you're that blur of people that walks by in the background...you drive a Honda...you're not the sh!t. Keep trying"

Paxelius
But it's not beauty you hate - it's the behaviour of these people.

Linkalicious
I don't particularly hate "beautiful" men, because I don't care about men....i'm a guy.

i hate beautiful women, because they get special treatment just for their looks. Girls get into clubs, cut in lines, don't pay for drinks, get out of traffic tickets.....amongst many other things.

There are so many beautiful women where i live that it's too hard to differenciate between who's hot and who's really hot. Or the worst are those girls who AREN'T hot, but act like they are...

Paxelius
Try to hate less..

Linkalicious
What the f**k?

who are you to tell me something like that....when you've never even taken the chance to get to know me.

I hate girls that can just flick their cute little eye lashes, drop a puppy dog look, and get everything they want. And I hate my mother's alcoholism.

So now i'm not entitled to hate 2 things about this world?

Paxelius
Link: big grin I'm just teasing with you. Go ahead and hate me smile

Linkalicious
My bad for the rude tone of that comment, i got kind jumpy. embarrasment

I most certainly don't hate you....i haven't gotten to know you...

Paxelius
It's ok. I don't even know myself that well ... big grin

lil bitchiness
Beautiful people dont hate ugly people, but beautiful people are better treated than ugly people, thats proven.

Due to that, ugly people feel treated unfairly because beautiful people are treated better and they feel resentment.

This isnt really philosophy, so moving to GDF big grin

Paxelius
If the 'beautiful' people is treated better, it must be by the 'ugly' people - now why would the 'ugly' people do such a stupid thing as to treat themselves worse than the others?!

(and that's a philosophical question wink )

ladygrim
its stupid really ... they think if so one as 'preety as them is seen with someone 'ugly' it will put a crusha on there repuation ......

Paxelius
Ok. Agreed lil bitchiness - philosphy such as this should be a general discussion topic.

lil bitchiness
Its more of a social question, rahter than philosophical I think. Our society is sourrounded with the ''perfect'' celebrities and magazines, all over the place.

Samurai Guy
1) Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Nobody can tell you what you think is beautiful

2) Media pushes the image of the perfect person on us all the time. Henseforth trying to make everyone start low-carb diets and cram into gyms. I find it rather repulsing personally. But, with that in mind, it is moreso the people in change of publishing magazines and producing television shows that makes "ugly" people hates by "beautiful" people. It is all influence.

On the same note, why not ask why straight people hate gay people? It is a matter of one denomination hating another. There will always be the "Romeo and Juliet" kind of star-crossed lovers aspect inwhich one will cross the invisible barrier.

Paxelius
yeah. why do people hate people ? It sure sounds philospohical to me.

Silver Stardust
I don't necessarily think that beautiful people hate ugly people...that's a very broad statement there.

ladygrim
erm

BackFire
I hate beautiful people and Ugly people.

ladygrim
really

Linkalicious
BF just hates people in general.

He'd be happy if we were all replaced by talking chimps...yes

Paxelius
I hate people who hate people.. Argh, see what you made me do ?! evil face

ladygrim
we're confusing peopele

BackFire
Beautiful people are generally shallow. They don't realize that they're nothing but a visual eye candy to everyone else. It's disgusting how good they are treated just because of their looks.

Ugly people are always whining about stuff. they're always crying about their looks and complaining about how hard they have it, all the while not realizing the positive attributes they posess.

ladygrim
very true indeed

Paxelius
You're too busy trying to find faults with people, arn't you ?

Linkalicious
actually, i don't think that took him more than 30 seconds to think up. And I think he hit the nail right on the head....

Of course...it's a generalization.....but then again....it's a general question.

ladygrim
dance indeed everyone looks for faults in things peole and stuff but why ...

Clovie
it is easier to blame others messed

Papaumau
I think that you have mixed up the analogy there Paxelius !

As, if you were to compare my statement about why beautiful people hate ugly people then the analogy would be...Why do good people hate bad people and not the other way round !

In other words Good equates with beautiful and ugly equates with bad !

Geddit ?

I popped this one into the "general discussion" forum, NOT the Philosophy forum - Lil Bitchiness - as I thought that many of the beautiful people here, ( I have seen your piccies on the "what I look like" forum remember ), might be able to tell us why the beautiful people look down on the ugly people and why they treat them badly.

My opinion is that they do it because they don't want the ugliness to put a shadow on their beauty and they see themselves in the mirror first thing in the morning and they are terrified that they might eventually be considered to be ugly too.

Paxelius
Welcome to the glen of intertextual mayhem smile

If someone hate, then this person is bad. So to follow your analogy 'beauty hates ugly' then bad equates with beauty and good with ugly.

I get it - do you ?

Thirst
i think its our animal attraction to beatiful people. Guys naturally wanna hook up with hot women unless they're gay or anti-social. Same with women.

Papaumau
Hmmmmm.....

Nice twist Paxelius ! Thanks for clarifying that, I get you now...and yes, you might be right looking at it that way !

CLOVIE.....

Why has your beautiful siggy been replaced by a lonely and crying and waving little emoticon ?

Is something up ?

The Omega

BackFire
Like I said, I hate both equally. Beautiful people are shallow and stupid for the most part.

Ugly people whine and moan all the time, and too top it off, they aren't pleasant to look at.

The Omega
laughing You're killing me tonight BF!!!!

BackFire
Glad to be of service. smile

SaTsuJiN
Well said Happy Dance

although personally I dont like to run around telling people whether they're ugly or beautiful etc. I just dont like people who put on a charade of thier cute/hotness just to later show off thier dirty booze drinking coke habits... very annoying.. easy to point out though.

MC Mike
I agree with your earlier comment Link, beautiful girls getting out of shit just because of looks is just fecked up. stick out tongue

And BF, I agree about the shallow people being beautiful. yes

wuTa
thats what so great about alcohol...it makes everyone look beautiful beer

ragesRemorse
Beautifull people are only beautifull through the perspective of other people. Like pride,it can only exist in the company of others. through this perception of other people, "beautifull people" Live on an acknowledged stage in life from other people. this can change apersons perspective very easily.

WhiteEagle
Men will generally be kinder to a woman than they will to another man. I don't know if it's just beautiful girls or girls in general that get these privileges. I think the more attractive you are, the higher your chance of success. I recently saw a woman get out of a fine for not having a valid ticket on a tram. Of course, the ticket inspector was a man. While her excuse was legitimate, I know for a fact that had it been a man without a ticket, he would have been fined. It made me think that perhaps it's not people getting special treatment for their appearance that bothers me. Rather, it could be that we seem so incapable of showing compassion and respect to a stranger unless they have something we can use or appeals to our primal urges. erm

*CaRaMeL*GrL*
I seriously dont agree with that...

Papaumau
WELL....Lil Bitchiness...

Is this a philosophical argument/discussion or is it NOT ?

I think it is !

As you seem to be the one with the axe here I was wondering what your definition of "philosophy" is ?

What do the rest of you think....?

Is this just about pretty versus ugly or is it a bit deeper than that ?

Clovie
yhmm....... was. not anymore, thanks for carrying smile

lil bitchiness
No actually it is not a philosophical argument, Its a sociological one. Why do people discriminate against other people, is sociologica/phsychological, not phiolosphical. sheesh.

Paxelius
^ LOL ! Sociology being the bridge that tries to connect philosophy with modern 'urban' lifestyle musings, I think it fits in both categories. Yet it's an ancient fact that people hate people and the root cause is not so much sociology but an insight to ones self and a battling out with our demons (demonology fits too smile).

Papaumau
Methinks you do not look deep enough, Lil !

If you only see the title then OK "Socialogical", but if you see the story behind the title and you read what many of the other contributors say then the Philosophical flow becomes apparent to those that are sensitive to it.

Sheesh !

lil bitchiness
This is staying in the General Discussion forum. End of discussion. Im not going to argue with you about this, since its off topic.

Get back on topic, or this thread is getting closed.

Oh and for further of what the philosophy actually seeks to understand please refer to the following quote.

Emma718
How do people tell who is Hot or Not?

Tela
What about the plain people, *cough* me *cough* Who are neither beautiful or ugly? I resent (not hate) people that are good looking and stuck on their looks, but if they are good looking and you know aren't stuck on theirselves, then we get along pretty okay.

sonofasaiyan
I guess they feel they have to scoff and scorn ugly people. It's a social stigma. Ah well.geek

m!$hA
its only steriotypically when beautiful people hate ugly people erm
i mean yeah, i know, some beautiful people hate ugly people ... but not all the time erm if someone hates someone purely on their looks, then theyre not worth othering about in the first place smile

ladygrim
i get wot ur saying... i've seen peopel like that

Evy_O
beautiful people don't hate ugly people blink
though sometimes the opposite happens

ladygrim
indeed but from both sides it revovles around jealousy

Papaumau
Nah...EVY....

Beautiful people may hate ugly people as they see themselves in them a few years hence.

Ugly people don't hate beautiful people, they are jealous of them !

ladygrim
indeed...

m!$hA
no, there are some people at our school who hate the people in my group just coz theyre pretty erm

Papaumau
I suppose that jealously can breed hatred too m!$hA !

m!$hA
can do yes paps, i posted pics of me and my friends dressed up as homies/guys eek!

Clovie
buuut some of the ppl think :s that when some girl is pretty she doesn't need to be wise erm
and when girl is ugly she has to take cxare of her on her own confused

(i know tis a lil bit offtopic embarrasment)

m!$hA
what do you mean? confused

Clovie
i don't know.
but i felt like saying it cry

ladygrim
true at my school there used to this girl in my year and it was obvious she didnt to much to be hygenic ...she had green teeth and really luggy hair and so on and people took the micky and if she was in the toilets at the same time as ne1 the area she went was automatically condemd as mankey.... and she tried to sort herself out to get rid of this image but people wouldn't or couldn't accept the new her...

m!$hA
hug

m!$hA
ive got a story like that!
at health camp, this girl went who ... im not sure if she's got a slight case of ADD or not, im not too sure, i dont think she does, but she acts really strange ... and she's got scraggly hair, never takes care of her looks or anything ... but at camp she washed her hair and put on some makeup and oh my she looked quite pretty smile

ladygrim
smile ...

Papaumau
Yeh Clovie...that's the "dumb blonde" syndrome !

I have found in my many years at home and abroad that the most beautiful people are in the main the most clever ones too....Makes you sick ! divareading lady

m!$hA
im reasonably smart .... but the thing is that i know if i cared about my grades, and listened in class and studied and everything, i would be really smart erm

Evy_O
but beautiful people and ugly people in question can be of the same age blink and this is UGLINESS we're talking about. NOT age. There's a difference.

some yes, but others hate them cause they represent what they would like to be but are not. They think it's unfair. And deep inside them they hate them for that. (well perhaps hate is a bit too strong erm)

Evy_O
IQ doesn't have to do with the amount of studying you do smart

there are dumb people who study lots and smart ones who don't.

studying gives you more knowledge, and sharpens your brain (correct phrase or not? embarrasment)

ladygrim
not at all (i have a really crap iq but i work really hard at school and get quite good grades....

Taurusette
this might seem lame but everyone is beautiful its the inside that counts. If u were drop dead gorgeous and had a personality of a pig then i wud call u ugly!

SpiderGurl
I personally don't have anything against ugly people unless a certain ugly guy starts liking me. Then I just want to rip him to shreds.

RontheKooshball
I don't have anything against "ugly" people either...I think it's kindof mean to say that someone's 'ugly'

I mean, at my school the preps/cheerleaders look down on the girls that aren't cheerleaders or preps because they're not 'fit' enough they're not 'cute' enough, but it's only because these girls (The preps and cheerleaders) are too conceited to know that they're the ones that are really ... 'ugly'

now, I'm a cheerleader (but I'm not preppy, thank GOD) and my boyfriend is super cute, but I have plenty of friends that aren't 'adorable' and we're friends because we're weird and strange and have a lot in common.

RagingSilent
It really depends on the 'beautiful' person.

I know some girls in my year level who are pretty, yet they mix with everyone.....these are the nice people.

Yet, there are the other class of pretty girls, who do only mix with 'their own kind' because quite plainly, they are b!tchesbig grin......who seem to think that unattractive people are not worthy to speak to them.

kofmaster
because people suck no expression

Jury
I know i have "beautiful" heart ... but i don't hate people who have "ugly" personality. Why would I hate them? ... They're much pitiful than anybody else... and badly needed great HELP.

trouble
hmm im not gud lookin but i still get on everyone else.

Papaumau
"Smarts" are not in learning, they are in your basic intelligence and your intrinsic ability.....

Education and getting a good job are what you do with your "smarts"

Some people have it easy BECAUSE they are intrinsically smart and you find that these people get good grades and make a success of their lives the easy way.

The other ones who are maybe not quite so smart or good looking can still make a success of their lives but they do it only with maximum effort and concentration.

Although, they do say that "nothing ever lasts that comes easily !" AND that "anything that comes easy is not worth having !"

I don't know if this is true or not....

Anyone ?

RagingSilent
It really depends on the 'beautiful' person.

I know some girls in my year level who are pretty, yet they mix with everyone.....these are the nic

Phoenix
I only dislike peopl,e who are only beautiful on the outside. If you're beautiful inside then I ususally like them! I just hate people who look gorgeous but have really horrible personalitys. Scratch that. I didlike anyone horrible - whether they're pretty or not!

yerssot
good thing I'm gorgeous inside and out cool

Corlindel
I saw an axial computorized tomography of my head last week and I found that I am beautiful inside too. Not to mention my beloved x-rays

ladygrim
smile

Corran
I've always wondered why beautiful people hate me too.

m!$hA
grandpa eek! i dont hate you cry

ChickinMeat
I know a lot of pretty girls, most of them are really nice, one of them is one of my best friends, but there are some in my college, well, one girl, who is pretty, but it nasty and horrible to everyone else because she thinks her looks means shes better than everyone else, and she actually thinks that.

she makes me sad, dont see how anyone can be nasty to people over something like that

m!$hA
sounds like my ex best friend erm

Papaumau
By "Grandpa" do you mean ME m!$hA ?

If you do, are you suggesting that because you don't hate me that as you are one of the beautiful people that maybe I am ugly ? confused

Corran
She was talking to me, she calls me Grandpa.

Papaumau
Whew !...That's a relief !

I thought that I was the only father/ grandfather figure here ! smile

Nice to know that I was not the ugly one. laughing

m!$hA
no, no, that would be corran wink

just kidding, corran's a hot grandpa droolio

Daredevil-04
i know girls that are beautiful on inside and outside

Phoenix
laughing out loud *widens door for yerss' ego* wink

Corran
I know girls that are beautiful on the inside too wink

m!$hA
like me diva

yerssot
get the butter, I still can't get in eek!

el-pirate

Phoenix
No! Not the precious butter!

ladygrim
erm

PynkGlitterGyrl
laughing out loud laughing out loud well hello..beautiful peoploe hate ugly people because they cramp their style

ClaraG
i am beautiful, i don't hate people because they are ugly...

if i hate someone and they happen to be ugly it's just coincidence!

bazooka
it is because people like beautiful thing, don like ugly thing; just like people like to see pretty girl, don't like to see ugly one.

eleveninches
I think that ugly people hate beautiful people more than the other way around.

Alison839
dont care

bazooka
besides, ugly people will also hate ugly people as well. If two people with 1 is more uglier, the not so ugly will think their standards are different, thus do not like to join the lower standard.

eggmayo
i think beautiful people hate ugly people because they clutter the streets and create eyesores.

sim0921
Whats next? Why do smart ppl hate dumbasses?

Alpha Centauri
Watch the episode of Family Guy called "He's too sexy for his fat".

Hilarious.

"Wow, when you're beautiful doors magically open for you!" "Actually it opened because you stepped on that black rubber square.......but if that wasn't there it would've opened anyway because you're beautiful..." "Wooooow"

-AC

wicker_man
Define beauty, define ugliness ?. We can all draw up these thoughts in our head but theres no definitive answer, you can say its to do with theories, scientific chemicals or what not, but personally i think its down to the personification each person has on 'ugliness and beauty' that will ultimately lead to your perception on this question.

Alpha Centauri
It was written, I forget who by that there's 3 types of beauty:

Awesome beauty (as in being in awe), Sublime beauty and another one which I forget.

-AC

wicker_man
Although it may be scribed on pen and paper (or more modernly Microsoft Word) doesn't mean it's right, please not this wasn't a 'have a go' post merely a view point. smile

Alpha Centauri
I'm just saying I find it quite a good theory.

-AC

wicker_man
I can see its justification and even see how it could be used even today in a materialistic society.

radioboy121
Not all people "classified" as beautiful hate ugly people. There are just certain factors that instill a particular dislike for another; appearance is just one of many possible factors. Some "ugly" people hate "ugly" people. And vice versa.

e.g. I hate people who don't wash their hands after using the restroom or do not cover their mouth when they cough.

emily
My Dad loves ugly people but not Fat ones they are to filling!

bubba_gurl89
people like whoever they want but most of them prefer cute people rather than ugly

Loving_Daniel11
Beautiful people dont hate me.....

FeceMan
Same here!

Drifter101
perhaps the "beautiful" people hate them in sheer arogance or maybe they fear that they maybe become "ugly" or loose their "good" looks and thats or maybe they were "ugly" and had plastic surgery and hate their former selves its really complex

FeceMan
I thought beautiful people liked to hang out with ugly people so they would look more beautiful.

silver_tears
Easy answer.........we don't diva

I'm sorry, that was a bad joke embarrasment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.