Be Cool (2005)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
This is the sequel to Get Shorty (why do they keep making sequels to these movies?).

Anyway, this one stars John Travolta, Uma Thurman, Danny De Vito, Vince Vaughn, Dwayne Johnson (The Rock), Cedric the Entertainer, Joe Pesci, James Gandolfini and Christina Milian.

Also, months ago The Rock was on either the Tonight Show or Late Night and said his next movie will be with John Travolta and he (The Rock) will play a gay bartender. I'm assuming that this is that movie.

Lord Soth
Seems okay. I have to see Get Shorty first though

ragesRemorse
Get shorty was a good movie, but i dont see any call for a sequal.

Myth
Agreed. I think Get Shorty was decent to good. A sequel isn't really necessary.

<<Solo>>
Comes Out on Halloween not 2005.

Myth
Ok, I just read that date on some other site but yours sounds more exact.

Myth
Damn, sounds like the Rock is going to be a body guard/wanna be actor instead of a gay bartender. sad

Aerosin
they are making a sequal because its a book, num nuts

Cinemaddiction
"Be Cool" was a lifeless, contrived, messy shell of the original. Don't bother.

fruits
i'm seeing it 2morrow. it looks VERY funny to me, so im excited.

wuTa
this movie sucked....there were like 2 funny scenes and both included vince vaugh (thats not a knock, i'm just sayin)...hostage, constataine, and hitch blow this movie away so my advice would be to see one of thoe

fruits
already saw hitch and my mommy won't let me see R movies unless i have an adult with me. i know, i need the fight the power, but i think be cool will be ok.

MC Mike
Originally posted by fruits
already saw hitch and my mommy won't let me see R movies unless i have an adult with me. i know, i need the fight the power, but i think be cool will be ok.

mommy? stick out tongue

Wolfie
It's a sequel? I had no idea. I wanted to see it 'cause of Travolta, Thurman, and Keitel (Pulp Fiction reunion!). Maybe I should see Get Shorty first then.

fruits
ok, i saw it and i dont know wat u guys r talking about. i thought it was a very good and very funny movie! it's awesome. especially the rock's monologue from bring it on. that was the hardest ive laughed in a while. and it seemed everyone in the theater really liked it.

Cinemaddiction
Were the majority of your theatre going patrons African American by chance?

fruits
ummm, no actually. i think there was one black guy, 3 mexicans, and and 10 white ppl. there weren't that many ppl in the theater

uma040
ninja

wuTa
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Were the majority of your theatre going patrons African American by chance?

mine was half and half and i almost got into a fight with the black side because his loud mouth girl wouldnt shut the **** up

IceWithin
the movie was great, loved it big grin

Cinemaddiction
blink

el barto_1
i loved it to but in my defense i havent seen get shorty

Evil Dead
......the movie isn't that good, as C-dic said........but does have some funny scenes. Too bad funny scenes don't make for a good movie.....a good script/plot would have been preferable.

I hesitate to even call this a sequel to Get Shorty. A person need not to have even seen Get Shorty to watch Be Cool. It's like it's just another chapter in the life of Chilli Palmer.....there's no real connection between the two films.

I did find Andre 3000, Vince Vaughn and the Rock funny...........and to have completely outshined the likes of John Travolta, Uma Thurman and Harvey Keitel........which makes for a sad, sad movie.

Cinemaddiction
I think "The Rock" stood out big time. I've never really been a Vince Vaughn fan though, and the whole uber-wigger angle was just painful for me to watch unfold. I never really feel embarassed for actors on screen, but the whole film just seemed so heartless, like these actors were just there for their check and going through the motions.

As ED said, no real connection. It's like F. Gary Gray took the mentality of "Friday", which I ****in' love, and tried to apply it to one of THEE COOLEST gangster flicks, IMO..ever. By cool, I mean hip, stylish, and very easy going. It just didn't work for me.

Clueless101
Be Cool really sucked. But Get Shorty is an awesome movie. Rock on to all the peoples who liked Get Shorty.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.