are u ready for some FOOTBALL!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr. Bacon
its officaially football (american) season in 27 minutes Happy Dance Happy Dance eek! Happy Dance Happy Dance

Tptmanno1
Who's playing who?

Lets go crack some heads!

KidRock
Arent the Jets facing Philly this weekend? or was i dreaming it lol

Dr. Strangelove
The Raiders are ready.

http://www.dana.edu/lschreib/david/favorities_files/image005.jpg

Mr. Bacon
go patriots

WindDancer
Go Patriots!

Aahh....Baseball and Football in Sept. It must be heaven on Earth. happy

ElectricBugaloo
finally, a real sport to watch instead of ****ing baseball

wuTa
good game...too bad vanderjagt or whatever the hell his name is ruined my night...im not really a big colts fan but i like them better than the pats

forumcrew
im ready for some, we already have an NFL talk thread

DanZeke25
no the eagles play the giants.... ill be watching it since the eagles are my favorite team... along with the vikings

Joker1237
And who are the Cowboys playing, Yes I am a cowboy fan.

DanZeke25
the vikings... lol

ElectricBugaloo
Big news of this weekend's action:

Patriots continue win streak by narrowly beating Indy. McNabb and TO combine for 3 TDs in their first game; expose Cowboy's defense. Joe Gibbs wins his first game, and Portis proves that he still has breakaway running speed with a 60+ yard run. The Broncos once again prove that it is the system that allows their running backs to do what they do with Portis. Priest Holmes shows that he is still the best RB in football with a 150 yard, 3 TD performance.

I don' know if I missed anything...but that's it for now.

Linkalicious
Give us an Update on the Vikings game while you are at it. I think Moss had like 3 TDs and Culpepper threw for more than 5

Mr Parker
Gannon has got to go.He really stunk up the joint yesterday for the raiders.

wuTa
what are you talkin about?...gannon had a good game...he had the whole defense biting on his pump fakes and was hitting wide open recievers left and right

DanZeke25
The Vikings whooped the Cowboys and the Eagles whooped the Giants!!!! Cullpeper had 5 touchdowns.. Moss had 20 sum yards, one touchdown, and about 20 PASSING yards

Mr Parker
Gannon cost them the game with his untimely interceptions and fumbles.

wuTa
gannon passing for over 300 yards and 2 TDs is what kept oakland in the game....oaklands defense is what lost it for them....not gannon

Dr. Strangelove
I missed parts of the game, but what I saw of Gannon looked better than I expected. He has a much better arm than I thought he had and while the interceptions were stupid mistakes, I can't totally blame him on the fumbles because the Raiders offensive line was terrible all game which I can't totally blame them because all of the pre season Norv kepted switching them around and never giving them roles. Norv needs to start Gallery. He's the 2nd overall pick and he's looked fine from what Ive seen him play.

Even though Gannon was pretty good, I would rather have Collins start as he's a better fit for this offense with his cannon arm.

ElectricBugaloo, while Priest is great, he also has one of the best offensive lines, one of the best tight ends and one of the best passing quarterbacks. LaDainian Tomlinson has absolutely nothing and he's put up as good as numbers as Priest if not better.

Snipes
did anyone watch the panthers game?

im from aussie so i dont get to see the games, only crappy highlights every tuesday night, and they wrap up the whole round of action in less than 5 mins of footage.

i support Panthers cause the team i support in Australia are called the Penrith Panthers.

wuTa
i saw the panthers game......they didnt look very impressive....delhome played great and proeh had a descent game but that supposely best defesive line in football was dominated against the packer 0-line and there offense

forumcrew
and steven smith is maybe out for the season.. no superbowl trip for them this year

shaun alexander of the Seahawks is also injured although he may sitll play in the next game this is not a good sign because he is the key to them being succesfull this year

Snipes
yeah, smith broke his fibula i think it was

Mr Parker
all that did not atone for his bumbling costly mistakes he made though.He has clearly never been the same quarterback he was before since losing the superbowl.In the past,3 or 4 years ago,he would have taken off and ran the ball once the protection broke down,but he clearly does not have that scrambling ability he once possessed and is not much of a threat anymore to take off out of the pocket when the protection breaks down like he used to.He had his shot to win the superbowl and stunk up the joint,time to do what even the great quarterbacks have to do when they have run out of gas.Retire and move on to something else.Its time to pave way for Kerry Collins who like Dr Strangelove said,is a better fit for the system.

wuTa
oakland fumbled 5 times in that game why arent you b*tching about the 0-line or running backs not holding on the ball....yea gannon sucked during the superbowl no denying that...but so did oaklands defense...gannon is just an excuse for when the raiders lose...he gave okland a chance to win that game..he drove the ball down the field on a tough defense and tied the game...at that point it was up to oaklands defense to stop pittsburg from scoring...but pittsburg which is not really known for there offense dominated that defense maddox picked them apart got in field goal range and used evey second of the clock up.....b*tch about gannon all you want but that lost was on oaklands defense

Mr Parker
The o line breaking down is no excuse for those interceptions he threw though.Yeah oaklands defense still sucks as always but without those turnovers,they would have won.It was mostly gannons poor play in the superbowl that cost them the game is why I put most the blame on him instead of the defense.If he had just thrown the ball away then they would have at least had a chance to win it.3 of his 5 interceptions were ran back for touchdowns,hard to win games when it is your offense helping the other teams offense to score points by giving the ball away and the otther teams offense gets points when not even having to try and score against the opposing defense because of gifts from the quarterback.This is just one game and does not make a season,and I dont blame gannon all the time when the raiders lose,like I can recall a game against the chargers a year ago or so where they just barely won by a field goal at the end when they should have won by two touchdowns or so but didnt because the receivers were dropping easy passes they should have caught.That game I blamed the recievers and the defense ,But THIS game and the superbowl,I pin THOSE losses on Gannon.

wuTa
well i admitted he sucked during the superbowl no need to throw in his stats..all im sayin is most raiders fan use him as a scapegoat...u never here raiders fan b*tch about there defense and your not gonna win any games without a good defense

Mr Parker
after scoring only 10 points against the hardly dangerous Buffalo Bills and just barely winning ,Gannon really needs to hang it up.a friend of mine is friends with rich gannon so I kinda follow him closely.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.