My ideal SM movie Venom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fractyl2
With the talk of having Venom in a future Spiderman movies. Maybe his origins could be altered...

The Symbiote is a genetically altered Protozoan from Mars created in the top-secret(& goverment funded) LifeFoundation, using genetic samples ofvarious nimals we know of. The *termed* "Project Venom" had both medical & military potential.

Edie Brock is in as Peter's childhood friend, but has a grudge on SpiderMan for being fired by Jamison for the "Spiderman Quits" scernio of SM2. I see Matt LeBlanc (Friends, ETC.) as a ideal actor for the role. How he gets mixed up in Life I leave to you at the moment.

Venom is very different from previous versions. More like a animal, Venom exhibits feral animal-behavior. He tends to only say "one-word" pharses & exists on both Brock's grudge & the natural need to feed. Brock tries hard to control himself as Venom.

Venom's design altered to be similar to the Licker(Form-1) in Outline, claws, & tongue.
I also have Carnage in a new way, with Cassidy as a deathrow inmate who gets drafted in the Venom Project & had a Symbiote injected directly into his tissue, mutating him in a more crazed "uber-Carnage" with a "I'm choosen by god" scenrio, able to produce new symboites from his body(Scream being one). He was put in supended animation when he killed security, only that a newly born Venom would unintentionally release him...

fever red
It's a cool origin; but I don't agree with altering the charactors' personalities.
This should probably be folded into the Spiderman 3 thread; as a possible Venom appearance is a major topic there.
Matt Leblanc has played the nicest and most easy-going charactor I could think of- why choose him to play a villain?

Mane
Matt LeBlanc can NOT play Brock.

fractyl2
Fever Red: Matt Leblanc remains me a bit of Brock in facial design, besides I needed a acctor slightly older than Toby. Cassidy has Sam Rockwell as a choice at the moment.

But no worry, Brock's still has a intense hatred for Spiderman & Cassidy/Carnage has his sadistic nature(Just galvanized with religious fanatic-aspects). But not only is Venom style like a have it(Giving a "struggle for humanity" bit), but my Brock does have a incurable Cancer & had a year to live(Enough time to try & get revenge), which gives Venom it's good points in life-support.

The Edie Brock is a blending of the various, & would take SpiderMan to a darker level.

fever red
If this is a fan-script, tell me where you've archived it and I will read it. I still don't see LeBlanc having such dramatic range; Kasady is of necessity godless becuase he considers himself the center of the universe, and Brock has a complex relationship with the Sym that depends on it being a complex being. HOWEVER, you've put a lot of thought into these re-vamps and I am sure to find them interesting if not as relatable as the originals... And I am impressed by these ideas, no matter how ultimately heretical.

fractyl2
fever red: Still in work, but the general outline, but I am using every thing for it(Even the cartoon serieses).

Carnage does see himself as a 'living god', intending spread the joy of Symbiosis to the World. One of his "offspring" being Scream.

And as Venom, Brock's mind detorites to a semi-primal state which he tries to fight.

grey fox
ohj yeah but youll ether hzave to make scream a symbyote human hybrid or they will have ot tell you about donna earlier or maby even make that receptionest donna that would be kick ass!

fractyl2
Donna's a member of Life Security, she becomes the host of Scream.

Mane
thats in Lethal Protector. i love that series big grin

fractyl2
Mane: To note about your objection, in Ultimate Spiderman, Brock acted a nice guy in public pirot to becoming Venom (Though he was really a jerk to those who knew him best.). And Matt Leblac did 'play' a nice guy, so it seemed to work at the time.

Carnage I placed as once human, but now "beyond" human. He can regenerate his body from one cell.

Lash & Riot are also his "children".

Hostile
Just for emphasis:

Matt LeBlanc can NOT play Brock.

fractyl2
To add for Venom-fantics, the Venom I intend is a pure-CG character, with the actor who plays Brock provides the posing(Like Gollum).

badsymbiote
I guess so. But I still like the guy that played the uncredited Eddie Brock in the first Spidey movie. Or that stud that playes Colossus in X-Men.
That sissy-boy LeBlanc is wrong. I could beat him up. He's nowhere big enough to play the role. The guy's gotta be comparably bigger than Peter.
At least 6' 4", 230 (ish) pounds, though I've seen Brock listed at like 260 or 285.

badsymbiote
Posted originally by VENOMfan, here is RC Everbeck, the uncredited Eddie Brock.

fractyl2
Ok, RC Everbeck it is then(Goodbye Matt Lablanc). I never realize he was there, just mentioned. Maybe the 3rd movie can have info on Edie Brock the man before Venom rears it's ugly head.

Since Raimi may use some "Ultimate" Spiderman bits, I think Edie's late father, Edward Brock(A college of Richard Parker) should be played by known actor/VA Hank Azaria. I notice he & Everbeck look a bit similar, plus it would be a "passing of torch" if people get the meaning behind it.

BadSymbiote: Unlike the comics, Venom IS bigger than Brock. Same size as the Licker, which is around 8-feet tall I think.

badsymbiote
I know this, but they can just as well achieve the effect by using cgi over the actual man. It'll look more realistic, and he would be just as frightenening to most at 6 and a half feet-so I don't think they need to adhere to Venom's size as he appears in the comics--he'll still be larger and scarier than Spidey by contrast. They are shooting for a pg-13 rating, here, so they're going to have to look for ways to make Venom less bloodthirsty and scary looking than we are accustomed to seeing him in books.

grey fox
yeah and as much as bad symbiote wants to see chunky venom (eg in the new tsunami series whcih includes patricia) we probably wont get it buti liek the religous idea with cassidy sort of my god told me ot do this htgin that woudl work well

badsymbiote
I never said that, fox. In fact, I think a Venom in ANY movie should look very original, like McFarlane's classic look.

But, it's true, a bigger fan of SSM's, USM's, or Tsunami's version of Venom you'll never meet. He's just sexy. It's not my fault.

grey fox
ehh each to their own i find that patrica -venom is spideyliscious mmmm

fractyl2
Well, for Venom CG character they can use the same SFX tenchique used for Gollum{Some actor does the movement & the CG guys use it}. I think the perfect guy to do Venom's movement could be WWE wrestler Brock Lesner(His size could work well for it).

TheVenomSymbiot
Ummm.... Ultimate Spider-Man is garbage. I'm sorry, but it... just... sucks. ESPECIALLY Venom's back story and origin. The life foundation background sounds promising, though, if done right.

Mane
I like Ultimate Venom. but then again i like any depiction of Venom.

badsymbiote
I thought Ultimate Venom's origin was very feasible for the big screen--and easier to do than a trip to outer space to bring back the rogue symbiote--and that the Doc Conners AND Eddie Brock's individual storylines would also support what has occured thusfar in the movies.

But it takes Spidey continuity and turns it on it's ear, so it's not acceptable to many people.

Mane
if it has the words "Venom" and has a sleek and very shapely black costume, im all ears.

fractyl2
Well the Movie I had ideal is a combo...

Ultimate SpiderMan: Venom's orgins & Brock's personal life, relation to Peter & affiar to Gwen Stacy included. "Symbiote Spiderman" plot.

Venom: The origins of Scream & the other Symbiotes that bounded with Life Agents, with Carnage as their "father".

Classic Spiderman: Professor Miles Warren as a member of the Life Foundation's genetics department. Brock's issues with Spiderman. And both Gwen Stacy & her clone.

Spiderman Animated: Venom's debut & playing cat & mouse.

Spiderman game for PS: Venom's kidnap MJ scheme & the Symbiote invasion plan (With the Warren as the mastermind).

But those are good foundations to work from.

Hostile
I realise this is a Venom-related thread, but I just wanted to say.. that Lamb of God singer Randy would make a great Cleutus, IMO.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.net/fotos/grupos/lambofgod_port.jpg

2nd from the left. Imagine him with red hair. He's already ape-shit crazy , so no worry about acting ability stick out tongue

Symbiotica
While I respect people thinking up their own plotlines, I have to firmly reject any severe tinkering with characters such as making Brock friends with Spidey, or having Kasady able to regenerate from a single cell

These characters have been around for a long time, and there is a big reason why they're so popular. You start changing everything around and you end up with something like the recent Catwoman-in-name-only movie that flopped so resoundingly, not even making back its advertising budget. Do we want to see that? Not me, anyways.

As far as who should play Brock, some good suggestions I have heard are David Boreanaz and Luke Goss seriously hot]

For Kasady, Tim Roth would be nice. Some have suggested Zack Ward, who looks a lot like the Bagley version of Carnage, altho he might be a bit young. I have not seen him onscreen yet, so am reserving judgement till I do... I do regret Brad Dourif is a bit too old these days, he'd have been PERFECT.

I AM AGAINST CASTING AGAINST TYPE. I also think all pro wrestlers should be avoided - they tend not to act very well.

fractyl2
Symbiotica: Brock & Spidey hate eachother, but it's a uneasy truce when Carnage & his posse showup. And in Carnage, you forgot to add Frost from Blade{He could regeneate too, during his last moments alive}.
From using the Ultimate & classic storylines with my imagination, the Brock I cooked up is a relative of Peter's{His cousin} who has a grudge on Spiderman for how his life hit rock bottom.

But he uncovered his father & uncle{Peter's dad} relation to the Life Foundation & the project they were working on, the Symbiote.

CKayote
There's potential. Though I really think anything involving clones (Gwen's or otherwise) should be avoided. Period.

I'd like to see the full script whenever it's close to done, if that's not a pain.

[email protected]

doctorstrongbad
Venom is a great idea but would have to be after the third movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.