Die a free man..or live as a slave.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KidRock
What would you do if you were in prision your whole life from age say...9 and had to do the same routine over and over. would you rather live out your life in prison or would you wanna be released and have one day to live as a free man?

pr1983
one day, screw it, better to live for one day than to simply exist for thousands.

wuTa
neither...i'd slit my wrist and reign supreme in the afterlife but since thats not an option i'd say give me my one day

Cipher
Depending on how long you were there, you might not remember what freedom was like....

But with no hope, I think I'd take the day of freedom.

ragesRemorse
Many people live long fruitfull lives in Prison, but i would take my one day and spend it eating Doritos

BackFire
Depends on the prison.

finti
it would only take me a day to disappear so

Papaumau
Humans are strange creatures...we can adapt to almost any situation !

KidRock.... What you are talking about here is when a person is institutionalised.

I have experience of the inside of prisons, ( on the official side...ahem ! ), and I have seen old and young people becoming so dependent on and even content with institutional life that they would not be able to handle it, ( and often don't ), when they are allowed freedom.

As they are unused to freedom and to making decisions for themselves they are terrified of the outside life and after finding that they cannot handle it many of them deliberately get done so that they can get back into that cocoon of safety.

Freedom is only of value if you know what to do with it !

lil bitchiness
If you lived in prison that long, you wouldnt know any better. That would be your life and you wouldnt know how to change it to anything else.

WhiteEagle
The Shawshank Redemption, great movie. wink

SaTsuJiN
depends.. if what you're forced to do something immoral or against your personal beliefs.. just lay there till they get pissed off and kill you

shaber
Yikes! What a choice! You know what the problem is with prisons... perverts and psychopaths everywhere sick

Turbo-Cajun
Well it depends upon your idea of what freedom is. Is what you experience now really freedom? I think that the human mind is adaptable to its surroundings. While living my whole life in prision would "suck hella" I think that it would be possible to find meaning in life without living "free". If the term prision is more of a description of a setting where there is only despair and longing to be free, then I would choose the one day, but if it was only a choice between one kind of prision versus another kind of prision, i would like to live my life out.

vaya_the_elf
Good thing I'm not a man. lol

If I were a man, I would pick live one day as free man.

Mr Zero
What makes you think you are a "free man" outside prison?

finti
he he

Papaumau
It certainly is ! smile

ETK
Better to die on your feet than to live on your knees

finti
so i reckon you do your prayers standing up then

Nazgulinthedark
aslong as ive got a computer, i can live prett much anywhere...but there are not computers in prison cells, but since we are talking about a made up prison, i say there are computers. but hm.....id still like to have a day of freedom, id go ride a rollercoaster smile

shaber
I'd tear my throat out rather than be incarcerated in a British prison. I'm guessing none of you have been to prison before, and lack the imagination to fathom it, otherwise you would NOT treat the idea lightly. Even if the government is keen on taking political prisoners, a prison will inevitably contain concentrated criminality; the most vicious loathesome animals imaginable who are not tolerable to have around.

Lord Soth
I would gladly die than live imprisoned

Candy
I would take one day to live free and die then...but i'd never want to live as a slave in prison, that is the worst thing i could imagine!

Delicious1
Die as a free person. No doubt about it.

Syren
I'd definitely prefer to live, regardless of how long I have left. It can't be worse than continuing to exist with everything I knew taken from me. Incarceration, perfect word shaber.

Imperial_Samura
I would prefer to live by "Die on your feet then live on your knees", but then, thats just me, I think that it is possible that a lot of people, if they had been in prison since they were 9 would find it very hard to live free outside, even for a day..... they would be so used to that life, I believe it would be very difficult to adjust.........

anrev
Die as free man will do for me...than living in an unjustice world...

Tangible God
Originally posted by anrev
Die as free man will do for me...than living in an unjustice world... How do you dies as a free MAN when you have Pocahontas as your avatar?

lancethebrave
I would choose prison life... since i would have already been there for so long, the many criminals would be everyday work for me, and i probably would have made it somewhere and made quite a few... 'friends' and eventually with these 'friends' and such i could plan an uprising with my connections that i would obviously have with the outside world... mail and being friendly with guards for... political reasons... why live in a governed society when you can have power, since i would not be able to obtain power in a simple day and losing it all in one day would be unthinkable so... i choose prison.

The Black Ghost
Depends who else was in the cell...

leonheartmm
a wicked soulless man once said. "theres probably no purpose to life. but if you live long enough, you might find some few interesting things.{just like you found that flower..............just like i found you}"

id probably live.

BlaxicanHydra
Same here.

Lucas Bech
I would choose to live for one day.

No matter how long you live, you will die. And once you are dead, your life will no longer matter. But no matter how short your life is, you should try to enjoy it, for no one knows for sure what awaits you after life.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by KidRock
What would you do if you were in prision your whole life from age say...9 and had to do the same routine over and over. would you rather live out your life in prison or would you wanna be released and have one day to live as a free man?

If i were institutionalized my entire life. I would probably want to experience a day of freedom just to see what it was like in my adulthood. However, that day of "freedom" in exchange for my life, would probably be soon regretted. Freedoms of the common person would not be something i could learn to to enjoy with only one day.
I would rather live my life out in prison, experiencing the "free" world from watching T.V, reading and convesing with new in mates. Being in prison wouldnt mean that i could not live a fulfilling life with person accomplishments and fleeting freedoms.
Give me literature, a blank piece of paper and a pen and i will have more freedom than any society could offer me

DigiMark007
Live in prison, break out, bust some skulls.

The end.

debbiejo
I'd rather die very free. I think it would be just terrible to be confined. But in a way people do conform to their surrounds.

As for me, I'd probably die running away like really fast.

The Black Ghost
Start a riot!

And make sure there is someone on all sides of you...just...in case.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.