Who is the best classic rock band?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arahael
Who is the best band?

Led Zepplin

The Who

The Rolling Stones

Queen

Arahael
I personally like all of these bands myself. big grin

ElectricBugaloo
what about The Beatles, THe Kinks, ...too many to list. out of that list, I'd say The Who

steely balls
i'm not gonna vote because i don't pick favorites, and all these bands can't compete, they rock to much topick a favorite

Arahael
Ahhh! I forgot to put the Beatles. dammit.

ElectricBugaloo
though apparently zeppelin is a very difficult word to spell for people on KMC

Arahael
Sorry, my bad!

bardock
does guns n' roses count?

Darth Revan
The Beatles and Queen... Maybe the Who

el_barto
The Who

ElectricBugaloo
that best be sarcasm, boy

ragesRemorse
Zeppelin or the who. All those bands are spectacular though, but Zeppelin gets in my veins.

Lord_Andres
Out of those listed I have to say Led Lepplin

Fearnix
this say's best band not worst band

Fearnix
and out of these i voted for Zeppelin

MF D00m
The Stones.

bardock
guns n' roses kicks the hell out of the bands on the list

ragesRemorse
come back when you udnerstand music and develop taste for it.
GnR are good, they have came no where to touching the music of the bands on that list though

bardock
imo those bands suck its mostly stoner music.

§pearhead
would floyd be considered "classic rock"? messed

cuz if not, I'd have to go with def leppard

natalya719
yes

finti
The Who and Zeppelin, missing the likes of Kinks, Beatles, Deep Purple, Free, The Small Faces, Creem, Faces, Humble Pie, The Yardbirds just to name a few that deserve a place in a poll like this

Arahael
I agree, and I'm sorry.

ragesRemorse
I would slap the shit out of you, if you were in my presence and said some amatuer shit like that.

finti
says more about your lack of knowledge than anything else

bardock
man im scared

Arahael
You damn well should be. This music is some of the most brillant stuff ever composed.

el_barto
Besides Mozart's stuff

bardock
some of it is.queen and the stones kick ass but i wasnt impressed with led or the who

Arahael
Why not?

bardock
just didnt like their stuff thats all

pr1983
queen and the smiths(even though there not there)

plenTpak52
Why, The Who of course. Quadrophenia is the best album EVER

Arahael
I could agree with that.

finti
Quadrophenia is to me the who album I like the least beside Face Dances and Its hard

ElectricBugaloo
bahaha, The Smiths classic rock?

The Who were sonically, technically and creatively superior to Led Zeppelin. While Zep popularized hard rock, it was The Who were the true masters of the genre while they were around; Moon was a far superior drummer to Bonham. It isn't even close the comparison of even a young Moon (check out My Generation) to even Bonham at the peak of his career.

Page was not very creative in his guitar writing; it has been proven that he has taken old blues standards and without acknowledgement just put them in place to Led Zeppelin songs. Also, he did these sloppily, nothing compared to the great guitarists who wrote the riffs.

As for the singers, while forming the band, Page wanted someone who sounded like Daltry (he actually tried to woo Daltry away from The Who first). So he got Plant.

And Entwhistle was in a class of his own at the time, and arguably even to this day.

Basically, to sum up, Zeppelin was like a band of second rate musicians who stole from old obscure artists while The Who was a band of talented musicians who wrote their own music and had a stage show that was almost unparallelled at the time.

finti
to call Zepplin a band of second rate musicians kind of says more about your lack of musical knowledge when it comes to musicians than anything else.

Clovie
voted queen, but i like led zeppelin too smile

PunisherFan33
i think that Queen is the best Classic Rock group.

ElectricBugaloo
well, second rate when compared to The Who that is.

Page throws out sloppy notes like it's going out of style, Plant's vocals aren't as good as advertised. Bonham, I'll admit, is probably in the top 3 rock drummers of all time. But John Paul Jones compared to Entwhistle? come on, no contest

Arahael
I don't know...

bardock
true

Drifter101
im a led zeppelin person

Polly
Led, der.

Drifter101
should be more choices on the poll, other classic bands, deep purple was around during the late 60's, pink floyd, should be more but eh wha can u do

Arahael
Alright, already!

finti
well if we should compare Zeplin agains the who I guess we come up equal.
I think Plant is a better singer than Daltrey by far, the reason Page wanted Daltrey was he had an idea of what he wanted the band to sound like in his head, in comes Plant and Page didnt look back once.
Page is a way more technichal guitar player than Pete. Pete is an amazing songwriter and rythem player but when it comes to solos he is utterly crap.
Bonham vs Moon close race but I edge out to Moon because well he was crazy as hell and didnt take things to serious, both met a way to early death though. Words is that Bonhams son is a good drummer.
Entwhistle vs Jones, goes without saying no NO ONE can compare to the OX

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.