Slipknot [merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire349
Anyone like them? i know they arent the most talented band in the world, but man, they put on a damn good show...plus their drummer is amazingly fast.

Killer
JOEY ****IN RAWKS!!

(drummer btw)

BackFire349
yep

Killer
yeah!

he's in Murderdolls (well was.. or i dunno) but he plays guitar

BackFire349
yeah, murderdolls blows, slipknot's better.

Killer
har har... okay... again.. whatever you say

Metroplex
i dont really like them. all they do is scream at the top of their lungs in all their songs, but i think that the song Wait and bleed is ok.

eddiedeweese
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 6, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1,

mah
Deftones are better at doing the same thing.

BackFire349
?? where did you come up with that comparison? deftones are good, but their music is completely different from slipknots.

DeNiro
slipknot is cool as hell i luv em good shit *puts in one of his slipknot cd's*

Bad Boy
Musically- nothing special and part from the use of time signatures and drumming!

Live- Fantastic

Personal song opinions- SHITE!!!

But Stone Sour- What a great band!

loserib
hells yeah slipknot rock great live show

DeNiro
great band also a very good band to workout to also mudvayne is great to workout to gets u highper and ready to do ur next set

mah
Not that much, really.

loserib
no ithink their is a big diference betwwen slipknot and deftones tell mah have you ever heard any of their records and i you have tell me wich records sound the same

mud my vein
yah i like slipknot, how they r similar to deftones, i fail to see... but yes they r gd. hehehe ne 1 in to mudvayne???

Darth Hater
are they the clowns that wear those dumb masks?

BackFire349
The only thing comparable deftons and slipknot share is they are both in the vague genre of hard rock. Slipknot is generally hard, faster, and have more of a death metal feel to them. Deftones is fast and hard as well, but have more of a punk like feel to them.

mah
Rap-alternative-heavy-metal, both of 'em.

loserib
deftones are actully alot slower now then they were before the last two cds were really soft

Thing_1
Slipknot is ok.I don't get the deftones slipknot thing cuz i think they have a different sound but I think the deftones are better than slipknot.

blakangel
Slipknot were alot better in the earlier days.... all of a sudden, about when the Iowa album came out, Slipknot really started to suck.

I like Murderdolls and stone sour abit more.... the Murderdolls have such great 'take the piss' lyrics and I think Joey (although hes a amazing drummer; not to forget hot) suits glam rock more.

But their next album coming soon (hopefully) might just change my mind...

to contrast them to deftones is abit awkward...they're totally different genres.

Ive seen both bands live and they put on amazing acts. Joey is soooo small though laughing out loud

BackFire349
But their sound is completely different. They may both rap occasionally, and they may both be in the vague catagory of metal, but that's where the similarities end.

loserib
yeah both bands bands rock and i really like stone sour not to into murderdolls what do you think of to my surprise clowns new band

Ass Goblin
Slipknot YAY!!!!!
Deftones YAY!!!!
Murderdolls YAY!!!!

my opinion

heaven's_a_lie
ASS MASTER 2000 ROX...slipknot is better than deftones now..deftones are still kool but they're getting played out...you know that your a sell-out when your songs start getting played on vh1. (no offense)

Thing_1
I don't really think that they sold out.I just think people are starting to realize that the deftones are actually a good band worth listening to.Slipknot are ok but i don't like their masks and where have they been.I know Joey has the murderdolls and jim and corey have stone sour but slipknt hasn't been doing anything.

gotta get rich
take away their masks and they just a bunch of pumped up posers who think there rebels. put em in a room with say, wu tang clan and they stop there screamin soon enuf.

loserib
put them in a room with wu tang clan and their would be no wu tang clan any more

only one of us walks away

Lord_Andres
oh dear!!! they are sooooooooooo bad I don't belive it, no talent at all, I wouldint even call it music!!!

blakangel
*shocked* no talent

joey jordison is one of the greatest drummers smile

loserib
i know some people just focus on their looks and never really give the music a chance

worldindustries
Slipknot is good but is better in my option.

worldindustries
YEP.

Hitman Jigen
Slipknot is awesome, So is Mudvayne, Mushroomhead is pretty good and The Agony Scene is a new band I like that is something simular. They are a lot better then people give them credit they think that because they wear mask or facepaint they are jokes. Sid is awesome as hell to watch at their concert that guy is crazy.

in flames
i dislike image bands and slipknot dont even hav a real talent i rather listen to ston sour GREAT BAND and corey sounds better there

gcharlottepunk
Insane, am I the only mother ****er with a brain? I 'm hearing voices but all they do is complain, how many times have you wanted to kill everything and everyone say you'll do it but never will?
You can't see California without Marlon Brando's eyes, can't see California without Marlon Brando's eyes. I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED SLIPKNOT! I love the drums too. That's the first think I say everytime I listen to one of their songs. I'm like "Damn, that ****ing drumming is awesome!" Sorry, my language is terrible!

loserib
hells yeah i cant wait for the next album

gcharlottepunk
LOSERIB? Are you single? I know that's funny to ask. I was just wondering.

loserib
nope im married

gcharlottepunk
oh damn! sorry!

loserib
dont worry its cool

incuhead1024
Slipknot is a crazy band.. but what people don't see is how talented they are. My boyfriend loves them, and when I first heard them I couldn't even listen to them. After I watched dvd's and listened to their music more often.. I realized how talented they are - they just have a different way of sending out their message. Just like retarded punk where they whine about everything instead of screaming. A lot of people judge bands on what they first hear.. but you can't do it that way.

gcharlottepunk
They are amazing. Love the guys sooooooooo much!

total metalhead
why do so many people like Slipknot? no offense to their fans but in my opinion Slipknot are really shallow. if they didnt have their masks they would be no where near as popular as they are. people see them with their masks and go ''whoah thats so dark!'' and get into them cos of the gimmick. also, there albums are terrible. they have 1 maybe 2 good songs on them and thats it. i think Slipknot have only done 2 good songs, wait and bleed and spit it out.

however, ive made this a poll so fans can defend them. (sorry about the last option on the poll, i made too one too many)

in flames
they are in image band..they look like that to sell records to angery teenagers..YOU ALL KNOW THAT...but lets straight are facts..are they talented ? some of them are! corey is a terrfic singer if you dont think so CHECK OUT stone sour..and joey is a good drummer..well thats about it. my opinion

total metalhead
yes

Stone Sour are better than Slipknot. still just cos a band has some talented members it dont make em good. they have to function together. Slipknot's music just sounds confused.

loserib
slipknot are bad ass when i first heard them i did not even know they wore masked til i bought the cd .have you seen them live its ****ing brutal i cant wait till they start turing again

in flames
well not all 9 memebersp lay music like i said its an image..as for the mai npeople who play seriously there good and dont forget they are brutal..yes its a fact they are! if corey just stoped the rapping a bit because it will sound better without!

wicker_man
I can't stand them, their all about image and only appeal to little kids who pick up on the first thing that is shown to them, all they do is shout obscenties to appeal to angry youngsters who have never listeined to Maiden or Sabbath in their life.

Gotwa
Not true. I got into slipknot before I even saw their picture. By the time I bought Iowa, (I bought it before 'Slipknot') I was a bigslipknot fan, and then I saw what they looked like and reverted to the whole 12 year old on aim thing, 'O WOW THESE GAIS R TEH KEWL'.. and stuff.. I like Slipknot better than Stone Sour because they're harder.. The hardest thing I've ever heard from Stone Sour is Inside The Cynic.. so yeah..

cermiestar
slipknot......*shudder* overrated..should go away......

wicker_man
Ok with there image aside, i still can't stand them all they do is shout obscenites again only to appeal to angst ridden teenagers.

in flames
almost everyband duz that today..i dislike thier lyrics but aside from all that they are brutal!

wicker_man
I dont see anything good about them, just my opnion mind you.

total metalhead
Mudvayne are so much better. they have a similar thing to Slipknot's masks but they dont use it as theyre only selling point.

and its good to see nobodys voted me a retard yet.

Gotwa
Well if you'd look again.. stick out tongue

total metalhead
thumb up thanks dude

Gotwa
I didn't do it.. I just saw it.. I voted for the 3rd choice. embarrasment

in flames
mudvayne are much better then the knot..there last album prooves they can make better music..but it would be much better if they washed off the paint

tabby999
i dont think Slipknot are overrated. sure lots of angsty little turds got into them because they have masks and that makes them seem "hardcore" to some sad little 12 year olds. i still think Slipknot is one of my favourite albums in the last....long time.
and stone sour are good, but i dont think it could ever make the impact that slipknot did on the music scene. and yes, MuDvAyNe are cool, but i dont think they made the impact of the knot.

in flames
its not just about the imact its about the music

loserib
i think slipknot kick ass and im like 23 but i would pick mudvayne over the knot anyday

Extol
it's all for show, how nieve can you be. Dillinger escape plan, that is the 2nd most talented band i have ever heard. MIND BOGGELING.
the drums will be playing 5 beat 6 beat 5 beat 7 beat back to 5 beat again, and the guitars will be like 4 beat 3 beat 4 beat, and they seem to sincronize it all into one some how, amazingly fast guitarist!

Extol
as far as people who bash slipknot because they sound bad, some people like how they sound, I don't think they are talented but they sound alright. hardcore bashers are more ignorant than peole who think main-stream gangsta rap is talent.

Extol
just been reading more posts. brutal you say, dude, you would love Dillinger Escape Plan, Living Sacrifice, As I lay Dying, or Zao.
check em out man.

BackFire
Say what you will about them, 2 things stand against you're negative statements though..

1. Their main drummer is very talented, everyone else can eat pig shit for all I care, but that drummer is one of the speediest little bastards around.

2. They put on one hell of a show, comparable only too slayer and pantera, the amount of effort they put into getting the crowd worked up and excited is comendable, and should show that they actually have some passion for what they do, which is more then you can say for most other bands as popular as them.

Slipknot isn't meant to be the deepest or most thoughtprovoking band out their, they are just their for some good, heavy, generic beats.

Extol
their drummer is pretty good for a mainstream band.

Lord_Andres
well basicly their music sucks, u can't liten too that kinda music for long if u do, you'l end up with a headake, u can't listen too them while you are drinking, gets u in a bad mude, the siger forexample is that a good voice he has, let me gues NO!!! the drumer play too fast, the guiter player plays no cool solo, the dj sucks too, don't ask why cause he just sucks, THEY SUCK SHIT OUT OF THE TOILET!!!

total metalhead
dude chill even i dont think there that bad and i started this thread!

tabby999
i dunno i think there cool. Joeys a wicked drummer, and while people may complain that Mick and James may not play solos they are still two very talented, if you listen to Stone Sour you'll see how good James is, and in their next album there getting into the solos and stuff like that.
and yes they do have a wicked live show, their Disasterpeices DVD proves. its a pisser when Sid starts punching people in the crowd. their new cd is going to be more made for them. their first cd was made for the fans, made to get peoples attenetion, the second was made with them flexing their muscles and trying things out. their next one is them doing what they wanna do

stinkfist462
i only lke 2 songs from slip .. wait and bleed and i am hated ... and those are the only 2 songs i heard from them ... so i think they are pretty good .... they don't suck shit .. they don't rule the metal world ...they are jus good ... a neutral in my book..

Jaxi D
i dont like Slipknot much but they are frickin amazing live

SlipknoT
when is the new slipknot cd coming out?

loserib
some time in the summer from what ive heard

loserib
slipknot will be putting a new song off their new record up for download on march 30th i am so looking forward to hearing some new slipknot its been to long

ONLY ONE OF US WALKS AWAY
ONLYONE OF US WALKS AWAY

total nettlehead
not me. in my opinion, Slipknot have only produced three good songs, so i dont hold out much hope for their new material. their one of those bands ive just never really got for some reason.

loserib
thats too bad i will admit iowa was not as great as their self tittled but their self tittled was ****ing amazing you should try to give it another listin

total nettlehead
yeah Iowa really blew. self-titled was average id say, but Wait And Bleed is an all time classic metal song. as ive said before, Slipknot performing that song live is an amazing experience.

the only prob with Slipknot is that they often waste Correy's voice. he raps too much with em. like on Spit It Out. its just a pointless song.

loserib
really i love spit it out he hits the vocals on that song so quick have you seen the video is based on the shinning

Bad Boy
I'm slightly interested but only because Rick Rubin is producing!

total nettlehead
yeah the song is ok its just a waste i think. but i like the way he switches between his normal singing voice and his deeper growling one between verses. when i first heard it i thought it was two people singing. the hook sucks tho.

loserib
yeah i also thought it was to poeple he has great vocal range i think rick rubin pruduced the last two they did well i know at least the first

SlipknoT
As you can tell, yea I like slipknot. Do you know when the whole cd comes out? I heard may 1st

loserib
i have heard may 25th as the release date but il keep looking

Sigillum_Diaboli
i heard like 4 songs from Slipknot ... an i liked them ... but i wouldnt call myself a fan ..

loserib
im a fan i cant wait to see them twice this year

Sigillum_Diaboli
yeah i am thinking i should go see them here in Minnesota ...

total nettlehead
you should they are great live.

loserib
check it out i found one of the new slipknot songs leaked

http://www.dahmerproject.com/slipknot/

its called dont get close

Sigillum_Diaboli
i heard they werent as good live as on CD

loserib
they are way better live then on cd

Sigillum_Diaboli
koo .. oh wait .. it was stone sour ... that i heard they suck ive ..

loserib
oh i have not seen stone sour yet live

Sigillum_Diaboli
nor have i but i heard they suck live ..

SlipknoT
stone sour sucks either way

Sigillum_Diaboli
laughing out loud
yes

loserib
i thought they were good not as good as slipknot though

SlipknoT
Where did you get your avatar loserib

total nettlehead
Stone Sour do not suck. they're just different from Slipknot. i actually think Correy's voice is put to better use with Stone Sour, and Stone Sour have (drumroll) SOLOS which make them even better.

and of course there not as good live as Slipknot, but then again, there are only a few bands in the world who can compete with their live show (in my opinion)

VilleValo462
solos .. that is slips problem ..

total nettlehead
yes and the dumb masks

VilleValo462
oh god .. whats the point of the masks ?

VilleValo462

VilleValo462

VilleValo462
holy crap ! A TRIPLE POST !! I NEVER HAD THAT HAPPEN !

total nettlehead
thumb up new record for the (former) stinkapated one yes

the point of the masks (i think) was to make them stand out before they got signed, but they got so famous, the masks became them, so they just kept them.

but i can see why, Correy is an ugly muthafukka sad

VilleValo462
yes

loserib
ive heard the new shit and i would like to say

they have guitar solos now

go here and download dont get close
http://www.dahmerproject.com/slipknot/

and heres the link for the avatars
http://metalrefuge.com/nstuffa.html

and the mask were used at first becuese they were all from other bands and did not want slipknot to be judged on the other bands they were in

VilleValo462
blink
still doesnt make sense.. maybe they all ugly mutha ****ers yes

total nettlehead
prolly are. ive seen Mushroomhead unmasked, and they sure aint the most prettyful bunch ive ever seen.

SlipknoT
Does mushroomhead wear masks or facepaint

loserib
all of slipknot have been unmasked to at least ive seen what they look like

VilleValo462
they ugly ?

SlipknoT
I've only seen joey and corey unmasked and yes joey is one ugly mother f*cker

loserib
heres a picture of corey the lead singer
http://www.stonesour.com/media/gallery/full/th06.jpg

total nettlehead
i see nothing confused

but anyways ive seen him before i got a big poster of Stone Sour on my wall

wicker_man
I despise SlipKnot, the whole angry men in boiler suits and masks is so cliched, give me some angry death metallers anyday.

loserib
http://www.stonesour.com/media/gallery/full/06.jpg

sorry bout that here it is

total metalhead
yep. they stole the idea off Mushroomhead anyway. Slayer, Sepultura and Crytopsy dont need masks to make them stand out.

total metalhead
the lead singer wears black and white face paint, the rest of the band wear masks, and the whole band wear military gear.

loserib
if it comes down to who wore what first it would be neither of them bands like kiss and gwar were doing that shit way before slipknot and mushroomhead

total metalhead
good point, but it was Slip, Mushroomhead and Mudvayne who made it fashionable again

loserib
yeah true they did bring it back into style
my guitarist wheres facepaint but he does it for him more
then anything else ive worn some on stage a few times just depends on what mood im in but we never have like set uniforms

total metalhead
i dont like the uniform thing. the whole boiler suits/military garb kinda get up just looks a bit dumb. the masks i can live with.

loserib
but you like mushroom head and they wer militery fatiges

total metalhead
yeah i know thats why i mentioned the miltary stuff. its the one thing that really pisses me off about Mushroomhead

total metalhead
but even they looks better than Slipknot's stupid boiler suits

VilleValo462
yes

loserib
i actully dig slipknots music i did not even know what they lokked like at first

and for those that care here is a pciture of slipknots new look
http://www.roadrun.com/artists/Slipknot/mainpic.jpg

VilleValo462
yea.. just get past the shitty outfits .. and the mask .. they are half way decent ..

loserib
bump for the pic

VilleValo462
hey . they look way cooler thumb up

total metalhead
they look like a cross between Kiss, Night Of The Living Dead and The X-Men.

loserib
thats cool i like all three

total metalhead
yeah they definitely look better now. Correy's mask is fu'cked up dude...way cooler than the other one he used to wear. the only three that look dumb is the clown one (corny), the spikey one (dumb idea), and the guy third from the left with the long black hair. he looks like hes wearing Courtney Love's face.

loserib
i think sids mask looks the best

total metalhead
whos that?

loserib
the one all the way in the back he is their dj

total metalhead
the skull one right? holy shit i thought that was a picture on the wall or something that is fu'ckin realistic. i had no idea Slipknot had a dj.

loserib
yeah they he is ****ing sic to they have even let him solo at their live shows i have it on my disaterpieces dvd
slipknot is

corey tayler (vocals)
mick thompson (guitar)
jim root (guitar)
paul grey (bass)
chrise phine (percusions)
clown (percusions)
dj sid (turntables)
joey jordisin (drums)
and the guy with the spicky head whos name i can never remember (samples)

one of the things i like about slipknot the most is all the drums and percusion the do it was one of the first things that i was drawn to about the band that in the way the layer so many sounds and textures in their music

total metalhead
true that. their drummer is excellent. i dont like the song Left Behind much, but the intro is great, that sickly guitar riff followed by the raw pounding drums, its real dirge-like. hes a real stadium shaker that guy, he plays his ****ing guts out.

loserib
theres a new slipknot song up for download its called
pulse of the maggots and it is a step up from iowa
and theres solos
now everybody go download this song post your thoughts about it good and bad or just post how much you dont like slipknot becuese of their looks and show that looks are all you care about

http://www.slipknot1.com

total metalhead
solos huh. should be interesting to see if the Slip guitarists actually know their shit. but in any case I doubt they'll be as good as Stone Sour.

SlipknoT
I hate stone sour

tabby999
have you seen the pics of the new masks? they look kinda....wack. the only three good ones ae Joey, Mick and Jim. Jim looks ****ing EVIL, jim looks rad ,and joey, well joeys mask never really changes that much

total metalhead
i prefer the new masks

loserib
i dont see why stone sour would have better solos the slipknot since jim root is in both bands and mick is an awsome shredder

total metalhead
Stone Sour just have a general individuality about their music that encourages and builds up to the solos, where as with Slip they are more of a team, the band works as a whole to create the melodies they really dont seem like the kind of band who have much room for big guitar solos.

but saying that i haven't heard any of there latest stuff yet so i cant really judge until i have.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>