From anime seniors to anime newbies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackHatDefect
This is a fun little system that i'v done on many forums in the past,and its always really popular and VERY useful.

As you know there are 3 types of anime fans

Anime Newbie-tends to only see anime on tv PLUSE a few (as on 5 or less)anime outside tv.Donsen't read or reads little manga.

Anime sophmore-Sees a fair amount of anime(maybe 20 outside TV)but dosen't really concider anime outside America.reads fair amount of manga.

Anime senior-Seen 50+ anime outside tv,reads/watches series not released in America,reads a good deal of manga,ECT.

anyway,thsi is kinda a suggestion form where anime newbies or sophmores list anime and manga they like and get reccomendations and or scanlation sites from seniors.It helps people who arn't that anime smart learn about alot more anime from the people who know it best,and helps friendly bonds as well!

so heres what you all do

at the top of your post,say if your a senior,sophmore,or newbie.

If you are a newbie/sophmore,list manga/anime you like and mention what type of story you enjoy.

if you are a senior/sophmore,mention some anime that might be good for these people.

OK WELL ENJOY!

Im a senior BTW

soundtrack
im probably a sophmore/senior erm . (i try to see as much anime as possible off of tv, but im always too damn broke. lol. and about the reading part (the same thing goes for that as well). but i do try to read stuff off of the internet *but can never really find any for free. oh, and thx bhd for the one u posted up a couple of weeks ago* if anyone knows of any online manga/anime thats free, please list them/tell me stick out tongue ).
hmm, ones to list? lets see:
1. rahxephon (kinda like evangelion) 2. mega tokyo (great manga/hilarious/*if you have never heard of this my heart goes deeply out to u erm ) 3. saiyuki (5 guys go out to save the world/interesting/funny)

**not sure if u wanted us to list stuff bhd, sry if you didnt. but if anyone wants to know more about these ones listed, just ask. i might have more that u never heard of.?!

PippinTook
I would be a newbie, I guess. erm Like soundtrack, I can only afford to watch anime on TV. stick out tongue

The kind of anime I like is stuff like InuYasha, Dragonball/Z/GT, Sailor Moon, and a few shows off of Adult Swim (I've seen Wolf's Rain, which I think is really cool and some of an episode of Cowboy Bebop, which, again, I think is really cool. stick out tongue ). I like a few more shows, but I can't think of them at the moment. erm

BlackHatDefect
Inuyasha
Try Fushigi Yuugi.Its THE ORIGINAL Inuyasha,made about 3 yaers before it actually.
You can find the manga just about anywhere
STORY:
ushigi yuugi is about a 15 year old girl in the ninth grade named Miaka Yuuki and her best friend, Yui Hongo. Both Miaka and Yui are trying to get into Jonan high School, which, sice it is the best around, has an impossibly hard enrance exam. Yui, who is the genious of their junior high school, is certain to get in. However, Miaka, a student who prefers to daydream in class, doesn't have much of a chance (poor Miaka). They both must attend cram school and use all of thier free time studying in order to prepare for the exam.

One day, while Yui and miaka are returning books to the library (I think that in the manga, they are studying at the library), Miaka stumbles across a a room with a sign stating "do not enter." Miaka then has a strange vision of a magnificent bird, and walks into the room behind it, followed by Yui. They find a strage book lying open on the floor. The two girls, being curious, pick up the book and read "The Universe of the Four Gods." (i would state the sentaces they read from the book, but i can't find my vol. 1 manga :-( anyway, it said something to the extent of...) --"the one who finishes this book will gane the power of the main character and have their wishes granted"-- (it sounds fishy to me, but they jump on the idea).

At this point, Miaka and Yui are sucked into the book by a big, red bird (later we know this is Suzaku). They amidiatley fall into danger, but are saved by a strange, handsome boy with the Chinese symbol for "demon" on his forehead. What does it all mean?
PIXXX
http://www.animeondvd.com/images/essential/suzaku7.gif
http://www.fushigi-yuugi.net/mt8.jpg
http://www.fushigi-yuugi.net/tasutama.jpg
http://www.fushigi-yuugi.net/Miaka018.jpg

OK NEXED
Sailor Moon=Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
http://www.usagiandmamoru.com/jeanne/scanlations.html

You can read it all here.It goes RIGHT TO LEFT!

inuyasha1100
Im a senior

if your a fan of CLAMP i would suggest RG Veda, the Vampire Hunter D Movies are good, so is Ikkitousen, tenjou Tenge, and Kare Kano:His and Her Circumstances

BlackHatDefect
All good,cept as a fellow CLMAP fan,I am shockedyou never mentioned Lawful Drug!

encryptedenigma
ok i guess by the authors post i would be a senior
so here is my list

Love anime:
Love hina
Kare Kano (his and her circumstances)
Chobits
Aio Yori Aoshi (Blue as Indigo)
Saikano
Ah My godess (& OH my godess
Please teacher
Happy Lesson
Voices of a distant star
Chinese Ghost story

Comedy:
FLCL
Excell Saga
Burn-Up (which ever one)
Pokemon (it's funny to me)
Photon

The GOOD Stuff:
Berserk
Ninja Scroll
Akira (but it is very over rated)
Ghost in the shell (movie and series is great)
Roruoni Kenshin / Samurai X
Raxephon
.Hack//sign
Neo Ranga (but not much to the story)
Evangelion (One of the best there ever could be)
Gasraki
The Slayers
Escaflowne
Spirited Away
Fushigi Yugi
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Ikkitousen
Trigun
Lodoss War
Wings of Homenansse (may have spelled that wrong)

Live Action Anime:
The duel
Storm riders
Onmyoji
Zu warriors (only have found this in asian countries MORE then worth the find)
A man called Hero
Hero
Twin Warriors

this is my list for now feel free to e-mail if you need help finding something else. this list is comprised of anime and live action anime that is typically found in america in local stores that sell anime.. didn;t want to get into the anime found in japan because this list is really for use with newbies and i am sure they are not going to put forth the effort of getting true jap films just yet... But if i am wrong please e-mail me and i'll help out. oh and sorry for not mentioning any manga or hentai titles i just felt this lst was long enough on my part.

soundtrack
some more anime:

drama:
pretear
chobits
vandread

action:
saiyuki
rahxephon
evangelion
escaflowne
orphen's revenge
cowboy bebop
pilot candidate
street fighter
outlaw star
trigun
yu yu hakashu
s-cry-ed
gravion
ronin warriors

goth?/religious?:
witch hunter robin
vampire hunter d
hellsing
x/xtv
tokyo babylon

other:
princess monoke
the anamatrix

ill stop for now, but to all of the seniors (maybe others too). there is this one movie called 'blue' something, but i cant remember the name of it. its about this girl who was a singer but now an actress; and shes being stalked by someone? if you know it please reply (and if you need more info about it, just ask).

encryptedenigma
To Soundtrack:

the anime you are talking about with the girl that sings is callt "Perfect Blue" and yeah it is a very good movie, by the creators of Akira, Perfect Blue won many awards in the independent film festival that year..

BlackHatDefect
Ok,ill put on my 02 cents(although I was originally going to have newbies mention anime they like so we can give them subsitutes)These are my fave series..mostly manga
no stars are still amazing but not a GIANT FAVE
*= FAVE
** =GODLY

Action
Saiyuki
Revolutinary Girl Utena **
X/1999*
Angelic Layer
One Peice **
Star Ocean EX *
WeiB Kreuz
Maze
Slayers*
DNA2
Battle Royale

highschool shoujo!
Hana Yori Dango**
Imadoki!*
Duck Prince*
Your And My Secret**
Super GALS!**
Parfeit Tic**
Fruits Basket**
Hot Gimmick
Peach Girl
Paradise Kiss
My Pet Momo(Tramps Like Us)
Kare Kano
Love Hina(shounen,but appealing to chicks too)
Mars

action shoujo(my fave catagory)
FUSHIGI YUUGI!!!!!!****
Ceres*
XXX Holic**
Full Moon Wo Sagashite**
Magic Knight Rayearth*
Love Monster
D~N~Angel**

shounen ai(which everything in the catagory rules!)
Boys Nexet Door(greatest manga ever written)*******************
Love is a Small APT
Fake
Gravitation*
Banana Fish**
Lawful Drug**
Yami No Matsuri(Decendants of Darkness)
Night Walker

shoujo ai
Revolutinary Girl Utena**
Miyuki-chan In Wonderland
I wish I had more awsome shoujo ai..but I can't find much>_<

magical girl
KamiKaze Kaitou Jeanne***
Cardcaptor Sakura
Puni Puni Poemi

something completely different,a classic on its own
Boys Next Door(I needed to warn you therefore i put it in SA as well)***
Kaine**
Angel Sanctuary **
Count Cain
(these four are all written by the goddess Kaori Yuuki)
Neon Genisis Evangelion*
Comic Party

I guess that about all

WindDancer
I'm not sure what type of anime fan I am blink stick out tongue

starshine
Newbie sad

I don't have money to buy books or dvd's. I can only loan books from the library.
They don't show anime in Finland (only dragonball z and pokemon miffed) weep so I don't even have the chance to watch anime on tv cry

But they're starting to show Sailor Moon tomorrow eek! eek!

And I loooooove Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Porco Rosso, Castle In The Sky and My Neighbour Totoro!!! eek!

I read: Inu Yasha, Oh My Goddess, Ranma 1/2, Nausicaa

I've also read: Mermaid forest, Rumic Theater and Rumic World and some others that I can't remember stick out tongue

BlackHatDefect

soundtrack
thx a bunch. i knew it was something like that, but i couldnt land a finger on what it was. thx agian stick out tongue .

soundtrack
oh, i just saw the 1st episode to 'the get backers' and i love this anime so far. thank god for comcast on-demand's free anime stick out tongue .

Robo-Chocobo
what the hell do you mean outside TV? isnt that the only place where anime is? on tv?

also, I was personally a little offended by saying we had to read mango..i mean monga..i mean conga...i mean manga XD

you should have put and or manga. i'm big on anime, like patlabor, and what not, even the ones with silly titles(appleseed).

there can be anime(!!!) fans, but then if they have to be reading manga, their not really classified as anime fans, more like manga. anyway so there tons of fans who just whatch anime, and dont read manga. also likewise with manga(YES I SAID IT RIGHT)

so by saying we HAD to be reading mango./..mongo...congo...MANGA...it just was a little crazy.

anyway, Ive whatched all the dubs on adult swim(i was so psyched when it first came out with cowboy beebop on syndication...) and ive seen some pretty obscure stuff, ive seen the laughable bad u.s.(and canadian) dubs, and ive seen the good u.s. dubs,

I have the complete Mobile suit gundam original series on dvd in japanese...i could go on but i wont.

hm i just had a question? how many of you DONT speak and read FLUENT japanese?(dont lie) so if they never dub any thing or use subtitles...no one could ever understand anime or manga....

starshine
Those really help!!! eek! happy
I have to see if I find any of those which you all mentioned from the library eek!

BlackHatDefect
You couldn't be called a senior without reading manga,thats just unheard of...Manga is the base of 85%of all anime.Even the fact that you've seen what you've mentioned makes me think of you as a newbie(sorry,its the sad truth)

I can speak very very little Japanese(as in I know enough to get around)But I still like watching subs(but I am more compy with dubs I guess,although 3/4ths of my collection is sub only).

I suppose I meant anime thats not on TV in America...I mean,if you've only seen stuff on Cartoon Network,Fox,ect,you haven't even a taste of whats really out there.

Celestialgirl
I Like reading the manga Ceres and Inuyasha.
I watch Dragonball Z, Ceres, Inuyasha, Yu-Gi-Oh.
I occasionally watch Beyblade.
I just started watching Witch Hunter Robin.
I Like romance/fantasy types of manga and shojo.

BlackHatDefect
If you ;like Yugioh,try Angelic Layer.Its the same thing as;lets say Yugioh,Beyblade,Digimon,or Pokemon,cept its a shoujo with mecha"dolls"

Witch Hunter Robbin
I suggest Neji,which is a super sweet Kaori Yuki manga.If you wish it,ill send you the scanlations because you can't get it in America.PM me

Robo-Chocobo
now just hold on a second here. first, i do whatch anime besides the dub crap on tv, just because i like adult swim is nothing to get miffy bout`. I mean jeez i know u.s. shows dont really count, but hteir still good quality...u.s. censors just wont show yamcha getting a hand through his chest, or cell sucking people up like they do on the international channel...

ive seen hellsing, vampire hunter d, evangialon(or however you spell it) patlabor, bubblegum crisis , macross, ect.

I just dont like spending money on manga. its a cheap techinicality that i have to read manga. did you ever think SOME people dont have easy acces to it? there arent a whole lot of stores nearby that sell manga.

BlackHatDefect
Well I never said it was a bad thing did I?Don't make me out to be so nasty.

Celestialgirl
Sounds cool

BlackHatDefect
heres the site that hosts Neji
http://www.omanga.net/?cid=b_neji

MegaHarrison
The only anime series I watch that is not American dubbed is Naruto...Which is pretty good actually. I also read a great deal of manga.

Reborn Again
senior/sophmore

Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade. A comprehensive look at dark noir anime.
Galerians: Rion. Another dark noir anime dealing with psonics.
Shadow Skill: The Movie. Martial Arts blood and gore. Morality tale.
Escaflowne: The movie. Serendipitous tale about one boy's fight against a world and how love conquers all.
Gundam Wing TV series. How the politics of war destroys the fabric of peace.
Grave of the Fireflies. An indepth look at how an orphan survives in Japan during WW2.

Fearnix
I would say i am a Anime senior.
I have been watching animes/mangas since i was 4 and when i turned around 11/12 ish i started to read them.i am still waiting for this fad with all the kids (no offence to them) to end so i can talk to real fans(again no offence).I would name some but i am reay tired and can not be botherd to type them up.

Reborn Again
I forgot to mention I don't read too many manga, but I have the entire collection of Ranma 1/2 on disc.

BlackHatDefect
OH BOY!What we own??hehe..I have no clue how im ganna do this but..
MANGA
Hana Yori Dango 1-7
Boys Next Door
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne scanlations 1-7
Full Moon Wo Sagashite scans 1
Ludwig
Count Cain 1
XXX Holic 1/2
Angel Sanctuary1-3
Fruits Basket 1-4(11-14 Japanese)
Gundam Seed 1-2
Imadoki!1/2
Your And My Secret 1
Gravitation 1-7
Duck Prince 1-2
Fushigi Yuugi 1-11 English and 6 random Japanese VLS/Special Edition
Rayearth 1-6 and Rayearth new release 1-3
Uzumaki1-2
Banana Fish 1/4/5/6/7
Mars1-7
Love Hina1-14
Ceres 1-8
Hot Gimmick1-6
Battle Royale1-8
Shirahime Syo
Miyuki Chan In Wonderland
Digimon02 1
X/1999 1/3/10
Planet Ladder1-4
Redmoon1
Bakaretsu Hunters1-3
Neon Genisis Evangelion 1-2
Princess Prince
Groove Adventure Rave1-3
Peach Girl1-14
Kill Me Kiss Me1-3
Under A Glass Moon1-2
Comic Party1-2
Utena1
Kimi Wa Pet1
Demon Diary1-3
Cardcaptor Sakura 9
Dragon Knights 1
Samurai Deeper Kyou1-5
Negima1
Wish1
Exel Saga1
Lupin1
Ranma1/2 1/2(Finnish)
Tokyo Mew Mew1
Kodocha7
DiGiCharat2
Trigun1
but i'v read to the end of most of them
ANIME
Utena random VL
Miyuki chan in Wonderland
Trigun first and last DVD
Saiyuki1/2
GA;S!1-2
Fushigi Yuugi OAV/Eikoden
Rarunai Kenshin random VL
Evangelion 1/2/3/ Directors cut 5/6
Evangelion:The End
Fruits Basket1-4
Magic Knight Rayearth2-7
Dragon Half
Bubblegum Crisis3
Digimon02 random VL
Monster Farm1
Bakaretsu Hunters 4
Cardcaptor Saukra last VL
Sailor moon 3 random VLS
Battle Angel
Ranma 1/2 random VL
Angel Sanctuary OAV
ANIME I GOTS FROM JAPAN
Cowboy BEbop:The Movie
Cowboy Bebop boxed set
Nadesico:THe Movie
D~N~Angel 4
Someday's Dreamers1
Storm Riders LAM
Star Ocean EX boxed set
Angelic Layer boxed set
Naruto SSN2

ohh man..umm..yeeeh

Reborn Again
Next page, please. Oh man, that's a heck of a lot. But I bet I can beat ya. wink

kanis
alien I would say that I am medium going on to senior but not quite their yet. I do have some manga and anime titles and i did go the best anime and manga and comics store in newscastle.

Phoenix Aska
I'd say I'm a sophomore going to senior maybe...

Heh...I'd have as many animes as BlackHat does but 80% of my money goes to video games, 10% goes to food/skating and like 10& goes to anime....

BlackHatDefect
Awww...update?
Manga:
Hana Yori Dango1-8
XXX Holic1-3
Angel Sanctuary 1-4
Fruits Basket 1-5 English,8,11-15 Japanese
GUndam Seed1-2
IMADOKI!1-2
Your and My Secret
Gravitation1-8
Duck Prince1-2
Now1-2
Chorono Crusade 1-2
Real Bout Highschool 1
Fushigi Yuugi 1-11 English 4-7,11,12,15 Japanese
Magic Knight Rayearhh 1-6 and 1-3 Special edition
Uzumaki 1-2
Banana Fish 1/4-8
Mars1-8
Love Hina1-14
Ayashi No Ceres 1-8
Hot Gimmick1-7
Battle Royale 1-9
Shirahime Syo
Digimon02 1
X/1999 1/3/10
Planet Ladder 1-5
RedMoon1
Bakaretsu Hunters 1-3
Neon Genisis Evangelion1-2
Princess Prince
Groove Adventure Rave 1-3
Peach Girl 1-14
Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden 1-2
Kaine
Boys Next Door
Full Moon Wo Sagashite**1-2
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne 1-4
Star Ocean Blue Sphere1
Time Stranger Kyoko1
Kill Me Kiss Me1-3
Under a Glass Moon1-2
Comic Party1-2
Revolutinary Girl Utena`1
Kimi Wa Pet 1
Demon Diary 1-3
Cardcaptor Sakura 9
Dragon Knights 1
Samurai Deeper Kyou 1-5
Negima 1
Wish1
Exal Saga1
Lupin 111 1
Ranma 1/2 1-3 in Finnish(Finland Language)
Tokyo Mew Mew 1
Kodomo No Omocha1
DiGiCharat 2
Trigun1
Megatokyo 1
Paradise Kiss 1
D~N~Angel1
Quantium Mistake 1
Doll1
Pet shop Of Horrors 1
Sneak Peeks 1/CPM peeks 1/Tokyo pop peeks Fall
Angel's Wing 3-7
saved on my comp:
Boys Next Door
Kaine
Bloodhound
Gravle Kingdom
Dragon Drive
Neji
Ludwig
Cruel Fairytales
Lawful Drug
Alive
Parfait Tic
Love Monster'
Yamada Taro
Gokinjo Monogatari
Kimi Shika Iranai
Zettai Karashi
Midori No Hibi
Star Ocean
Houshin Engi
Shinshi Doumei Cross
GALS!
Fruits Basket doujin
Hotaru No Miori
Full Metal Alchemist
Kingdom Hearts
Sequence
Yami No Matsuri
Detective Conan
Yonan No Natsu
Love is a Small Apartment Complex
Student's Request Teacher's Duty
Love Mode
anime:
JAPANESE
Cowboy Bebop:The Movie
Nadesico:The Movie
D~N~Angel 4
Somday's Dreamers 1
Star Ocean EX1-3
Angelic Layer 1-3
Naruto SSN 2 boxed set
LIVE ACTION JAPANESE
Moon Child
Battle Royale
Storm Riders
ENGLISH
Utenabig grinarkness Beconds
Grave Of The Fireflys
Trigun vls 1/last
Saiyuki1-2
GALS!1-2
Fushigi Yuugi OAV and Eikoden
Neon Genisis Evangelion 1-8/Directors cut 1
Neon Genisis Evangelion:The End
Fruits Basket 1-4
Magic Knight Rayearh2-7
Hellsing 1
Naujica 1
VHS
AMERICAN DUBBED
Digimon 02
Monster Farm(Monster Rancher 1)
Cardcaptor Sakura(Cardcaptors)7
Sailor Moon-3 random VLS
OTHER VHS
Rarunai Kenshin VL3
Angel Sanctuary OAV
Battle Angel 1
Dragon Half 1
Bubblegum Crisis 3
Ranma 1/2:Ranma and Juliet
Bakaretsu Hunters 9
WOW...that took a long time!

Phoenix Aska

One word.....wow

chezaisme
I am an anime newbie embarrasment , but only because I'm only 14 and don't get allot of money (only $30 a month! sad )
Anime is my all time fav form of entertainment, if you tell me, that a movie is anime, then i well, say "I HAVE TO SEE IT!!!! eek! big grin "

The mangas i have read are few, but only becaus i have only recently found a stor in my area that sells them (suncoast)

i have read
Trigun
FLCL
and part of one that i cant remember how to spell , fuusig yugi, i think

the animes that i have watched are

flcl
trigun (My Favorite)
inuyasha
wolfs rain
witch hunter robin
big o
android kikaider
cyborg 009
G gundam
Gundam seed
DB
Dbz
Dbgt
sailor moon
sailer moon super S
digimon
zoids
case closed
yugioh
the first few eps of "vampire princess Miyu" (loved it!!)
blue gender(one of my favs!)

that is all that i can recall at the moment, but i am sure there more i forgot.

wha other animes do you think i would like?

BlackHatDefect
*thinks*
Vangaurd
Angel Sanctuary(the manga)
Chrono Crusade

JLred
Im a noob whistle you could say. I try to get the latest anime or maga I can. But like I say in other threads the only store I know is Sun Coast but Its so far away. pirate
I really got interested in FullMetal Alchemist since it came out on Cartoon Network and then did a little reserch on my own.
Does anyone know any other good anime/manga that is like FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST???????

Sieg Wahrheit
Judge me. I will be happy with whatever judgement you can give me <_<.

In the 24 years of my life, I have...

Watched these anime/s (those with * are my favorites):
Shaman King
Outlaw Star
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Witch Hunter Robin
Furuba
Fushigi Yuugi (AS)
Ayashi no Ceres
Slam Dunk
Let's and Go!!!
Medabots
Beyblade
Beyblade V-Force
Ah! My Goddess
Groove Adventure Rave
Great Teacher Onizuka
Chobits
One Piece
Get Backers
Silent Mobius
Zoids (AS)
Pokemon
Ranma 1/2
Monster Rancher
Strange Dawn
El Hazard (All Seasons)
Master of Mosquiton
Hunter X Hunter
Lupin III (AS)
Hajime no Ippo/Knockout
Baki the Grappler
.hack (AS)
Vision of Escaflawne
Yu Yu Hakusho
Flame of Recca
Dragon Ball (AS)
Gatekeepers
Gundam (AS)
Gensoumaden Saiyuki
Bubblegum Crisis
Card Captor Sakura
Cyborg Neko Kuro-chan
Crayon Shin-chan
Tenchi Muyo
Flint Time Detective
Rouroni Kenshin
Magic Knight Rayearth
Yu-Gi-Oh! DM Genex
Final Fantasy Unlimited
Naruto
Digimon
Street Fighter Anime Series
Megaman
Sonic (all seasons)
Code Lyoko
Teen Titans (Glen Murakami ver.)

<btw, thanks to Moebius for chronicling all the anime/s I have watched>

Read these manga/s:
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle
Shaman King
Groove Adventure Rave
Slam Dunk
Beyblade
Pokemon by Toshihiro Ohno
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Chaos Legion by Kadokawa Shouten
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Threads of Destiny
Duel Masters
Furuba
Zoids
Tons of Devil May Cry doujinshi

frodo34x
Im a total Anime N00b big grin

BlackHatDefect
J,I reccomend Death Note
http://www.symphonext.com/manga.php
You can read it all here

and Pet Shop Of Horrors,which you can buy anywhere they sell manga.

I suggest these to you because FMA is a"thriller"series,or anironic horror.these series flow very much like FMA

pinkxice
I guess I'm sort of an anime newbie, I'm not too sure. A few animes I like would be:

Full Moon wo Sagashite

Chobits

Ayashi no Ceres<3

Slam Dunk

Saint Seiya

Zodiac P.I

Oh god... This is such a long reply thing. ;x I think I'm going to just start listing from here on.

Spiral
Fullmetal Alchemist<3
Chrno Crusade<3
HunterxHunter
Prince of Tennis<3
Initial D
One Piece<3
Gundam Seed<3
Gundam Seed Destiny<3
Oh! My Goddess
Akira
Cooking Master Boy
Hikaru no Go
Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo
Detective Conan

><" Okay, that's it. I've probably spent way too much time on this than I should have. God knows if anyone is going to read this post.

sai12
Hmmm, I think I'm gonna consider myself an anime senior, correct me if I'm wrong though...

Anime I started with: Gateway Anime

Pokemon-This has to be the first anime I watched. Don't care for it anymore.
Digimon- I absolutely adored this anime back when it was on FOX (Is it anymore? I don't know don't watch tv at all...). I always made sure to wake up in time to catch it. *shakes head*
Escaflowne- They started showing this on FOX a few years ago. I loved it soo much! And nearly cried when they just STOPPED showing it!
Dragonball/Z- Okay, my screen name says it all right? I was a DBZ nut. Though I do not care for the show at all anymore. It seems so pointless. But since I'm used to being Sai, I'm sticking with it.
Random Stuff: Zoids, Outlaw Star, Gundam, Cowboy Bebob, Yu Yu Hakusho, Sailor Moon (I didn't really get into these ones...Just saw episodes here and there)

Transition Anime:
Slayers- I loved and still love this goofy show. I had found a cool little video rental store that had anime. And I rented nearly everything they had, this is my "transition anime"
Oh! My Goddess/Ah! My Goddess-Such a cute little story. Wish they would come out with dvd 3 already though! :@
Those Who Hunt Elves- Even my mom liked this one no expression
Ranma 1/2- I saw the first season of this and was amazed. Though I personally think EVERYONE should watch this subbed. The dubs are horrible!
Records of Lodoss War- Another one I fell in love with. I watched the first season and had begun the second before the video store ran out. They seemed to do that alot. It was like teasing me! They would have the 1st three or four tapes and then BAM nothing!
Ghost in the Shell- This one just amazed me. It was a lot deeper than most the anime I had seen thus far. And there was *gasp* nudity!
Blood: The Last Vampire- Wow! Another great push in the direction of anime geekdom here!
Princess Mononoke- Another one of those truely amazing animes. Wish I owned this one. I remember happening upon it at the library one day....
Knights of Ramue- Uh, closest I've gotten to porographic anime...*shudders* But yet...it still sits on my shelf!
The "now" anime:

.hack/SIGN & .hack/Legend of the Twilight
NOIR
Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X
Hellsing
Vampire Hunter D
Vandread
Argentosama
Tenchi (All)
Serial Experiments: LAIN
Chobits
DNAngel
Love Hina/Love Hina Again
Saiyuki
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Scryed
Inuyasha
Galaxy Angel
Fruits Basket
FullMetal Alchemist (Not much)
Ninja Scroll (Movie)
AzuManga Diaoh (Not Much)
Spirited Away
Animatrix
Blue Gender
Beserk
Iria

Umm, well that's all I can think of right now. Sure hurts the brain to try and remember all those! Now onto manga! *listens to all the groans* Yeah yeah, I know this is getting quite lengthy, but don't worry my manga list is MUCH MUCH shorter. Manga costs so much!

Hot Gimmick
Girl Got Game
President Dad
XXXHolic
Psychic Academy
A. I. Love You
Negima
Instant Teen: Just Add Nuts
Angel Sanctuary
MegaTokyo (Have two of the books, usually read it online)
The Demon Ororon
Eerie Queerie
Kill Me, Kiss Me
Faeries Landing
Azumanga Diaoh
DNAngel
Your and My Secret
Fruits Basket
MARS

See short and sweet. I wish I could read more. And half of those I have to rely on my unreliable cousin to get. Some I buy, and some I check out from the library. Heh, well, sorry to bore you all to death. Just wanted to see how much I could remember. Wonder if anyone got this far *ponders*

Robo-Chocobo
what does reading Manga have to do with if your a ANIME senior?

sai12
I think Manga and Anime go hand in hand. Most anime is created because of manga. So I don't see why you can't include it in this.

crazy_c
Hmmm yah I'm kind of an anime noobie maybe sophomore? I've liked anime for ages, but I haven't actually seen as much as lots of peoples. I'll mention all the animes I've seen and put ** next to my favouritess.

Pokemon
Digimon (first 3 series)**
Beyblade
Dragonball
Dragonball Z
Dragonball GT
Megaman
X
Yu-gi-oh**
Sailor Moon **
Love Hina
Hellsing
Medabots
Ravemaster
Fruits Basket**
Inuyasha
Ranma 1/2**
Elfen lied
Bleach
Naruto**
Ah my goddess Ova**
Card captor Sakura**
Gundam Wing
Magical girl lyrical Nanoha
Trigun
Escaflowne**
Lain
Full Metal Alchemist**
Generator Gawl
Photon
Read or Die
Excel Saga
Fist of the north star
Evangelion**
FLCL
Nadesico**
Yu Yu Hakusho
Rayearth (movie)
Spirited Away**
Princess mononoke
Akira
random hentai films my brother likes to show me and to see my reaction What the f**k?

Hmmmm... I think that's it...there's probably more I've forgotten... Some of the ones I've listed I've only seen a few episodes of...but I think of a lot of most.

Manga I've read now, again I'll put ** next to my faves. Some of them are scanlations also.

Fruits Basket **
Paradise kiss**
Magic knight Rayearth
FLCL
GTO
Real bout high school
Ravemaster
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne**
Kaine
Cruel Fairytales
Boys next door
Hotaru no Mori
HunterxHunter
Love Mode
Azumanga Daioh

Yah so there....Recommend away happy

sailorsun004
I am probably a seinor/sophmore.

these are the animes i have seen * means good,

** means pretty intresting, and ***means recommended

Sailor moon***
Tokyo mew mew**
Chobits***
tenchi muyo***
Tenchi universe***
Tenchi in tokyo***
all 3 movies
tenchi in love***
Tenchi daughter of darkness***
tenchi forever**
tenchi muyo specials**
magical project s**
i my me**
Ah! my goddess!*
ai yori yoshi***

and a whole lot more but i cant remember them right now

sai12
Oh oh! Come on people! I knew there are other "newbies" out there. Erm, I mean new as in new to the forum! I want to see more and more of what is loved and hated. And just plain what you all have seen/read!!

HPaddict
chart can't be applied....

reads way too much manga
watches some anime usually not tv

chobits (cute)
vampire game (fun/interesting)
demon diary (for laughs)
sgt frog (for laughs)
inuyasha (for laughs/fights)
cursed sword chronicals (story)
Alice 19th (love/hate story)
Tsuba - is that how you spell it (silly/laughs)
XXX(fun)
more later

mssharrow
i think im anime newbies

yuyu hakusho
rurouni kenshin/samurai x
fushigi yuugi
hunterxhunter
flame of recca
ranma 1/2
detective conan
dragon ball z/gt
vision of escaflowne
yugi-oh
naruto
ultra maniac
get backers
gto

i have not read any manga's yet sad embarrasment

Celestialgirl
Well I'm glad we finally got some more good Anime in Canada. And one of my friends just moved here a few months ago and lent me some of her manga. Then I got some of my other friends into it and she bought the anime so I was able to watch it n e ways here's my new list.

Alice 19th
Angel Sanctuary
Chobits
DN Angel
Digimon
Dragonball Z
Fruits Basket
Fushigi Yugi
.hack//sign
Hana-Kimi
Inuyasha
Kill Me, Kiss Me
Les Bijoux
Love Hina
Nadia Secret of Blue Water
Peach Girl
Princess Mononoke
Sailor Moon
Spirited Away
Tramps Like Us
Witch Hunter Robin
Yu-Gi-Oh

sai12
I'm gonna bump this one up as well! I thought it was fun to make a list of my anime and decide where I stood!!

snehin
oh my god i cant type tht much!!i donno wat i am when i started it was frm pokemon and digimon then moved to dragonballz now i watch almost any anime i can find!!thing is its not easy to find here manga are very easy to find but not dvd!!

Flame Alchemist
I'm a newbie, I've really only seen the anime on Adult Swim.And a few Manga.

sai12
Originally posted by snehin
oh my god i cant type tht much!!i donno wat i am when i started it was frm pokemon and digimon then moved to dragonballz now i watch almost any anime i can find!!thing is its not easy to find here manga are very easy to find but not dvd!!

So I'll call you a newbie too! Can't type that much? no expression Why not?

Originally posted by Flame Alchemist

Aww please share what you've seen and read! *begs*

Flame Alchemist
Ok.
Fullmetal Alchemist
Fooly Cooly
Samurai Champloo
Paranoia Agent
.Hack Sign//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet
Case Closed
Inuyasha
Ghost in the Shell
and a few movies like
Ghost in the Shell 2
Inuyasha movies
Princess Mononoke.
Thats about it.

EvilCap America
Well ive been into anime since the early 90s but sometimes outside circumstanceskeep you from being as big a fan as you want to be.I wasent able to break through the "Newbie" phase until like 4 or 5 years ago.Once i did though i became as hardcore as humanly possible

Id list all the animes ive seen but much like evrey "fav anime list" i make i forgot half of them and 3 days later i wanna change it so instead ill list my favorite Plushies

Lain in Bear outfit
Ed w/ Ein
Lavie/Alvis' Sheep
Extra large Eevee won from great America
Johnathon the Seal
Kero-chan
A cute extra large Maid Plushie of unkown origin
Piyoko
Larger Piyoko
Dejiko
Puchiko
Rabi-En-Rose
PPG Blossum
2 G Gundam models
Sakura Kinomoto
Sakura

Keychains

Chibi Naruto
Super Sailor Moon
Alvis
Meryl
Sakura Kinomoto
PPG Blossum/Bubbles

snehin
Originally posted by sai12
So I'll call you a newbie too! Can't type that much? no expression Why not?

Aww please share what you've seen and read! *begs* well guess so!
Ok.
Fullmetal Alchemist
Fooly Cooly
Samurai Champloo
Paranoia Agent
.Hack Sign//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet
Case Closed
Inuyasha
Ghost in the Shell
and a few movies like
Ghost in the Shell 2
Inuyasha movies
Princess Mononoke.
Thats about it. man those are little animes!i must hav seen ten times as much!

snehin
Originally posted by EvilCap America
Well ive been into anime since the early 90s but sometimes outside circumstanceskeep you from being as big a fan as you want to be.I wasent able to break through the "Newbie" phase until like 4 or 5 years ago.Once i did though i became as hardcore as humanly possible

Id list all the animes ive seen but much like evrey "fav anime list" i make i forgot half of them and 3 days later i wanna change it so instead ill list my favorite Plushies

Lain in Bear outfit
Ed w/ Ein
Lavie/Alvis' Sheep
Extra large Eevee won from great America
Johnathon the Seal
Kero-chan
A cute extra large Maid Plushie of unkown origin
Piyoko
Larger Piyoko
Dejiko
Puchiko
Rabi-En-Rose
PPG Blossum
2 G Gundam models
Sakura Kinomoto
Sakura

Keychains

Chibi Naruto
Super Sailor Moon
Alvis
Meryl
Sakura Kinomoto
PPG Blossum/Bubbles yeah ive been into anime frm somewhere in the mid 90's started when i was round i'm guessin 6yrs old i donno really!the first anime i remember watchin is pokemon but i remember some faces and names of others very old ones! "NEWBIE"phace wats tht?i only know tht im a newbie cause i love them but i cant watch them as regularly here cartoonnetwork gives only pokemon which is too childish kinda for me so i hav no choice i read loads of manga!!

sai12
Originally posted by snehin
well guess so!
man those are little animes!i must hav seen ten times as much!

And in his defense...READ UP!!

Or right there!! He said he was a newbie. Dont' go bashing people cuz they haven't watched as much as you have. And if you had been reading other threads at all..you'd know he is JUST getting to anime and has been asking around for reccommendations and such. mad

snehin
And in his defense...READ UP!!

Or right there!! He said he was a newbie. Dont' go bashing people cuz they haven't watched as much as you have. And if you had been reading other threads at all..you'd know he is JUST getting to anime and has been asking around for reccommendations and such. mad relax i just stated tht he hasn't watched tht many animes!i dint know he was just gettin started i thought he was like me watch whenever possible!

sai12
Aww I really liked this thread..*bump bump*

snehin
Aww I really liked this thread..*bump bump* huh?

Zen2nd

grey fox
I am sort of a newbie although i have seen about 15 + aniem it is difficult to buy manga around here

snehin
Originally posted by grey fox
I am sort of a newbie although i have seen about 15 + aniem it is difficult to buy manga around here buy manga where?

sai12
Ooh! Happy to see some posters again! *bounce*

snehin
Ooh! Happy to see some posters again! *bounce* yep im still on now tho!!

grey fox
over in britan ....... i am not driving 15 miles to buy a book

FullMetalLover1
sophmore

i watch alot of anime on tv
FMA
Cowboy Bebop
Inu Yasha
Sailor Moon
Kikaider
S-CRY-ed
Trigun
FLCL
DNAngel
.hack legend of the twilight
gundam seed
Samurai Champloo
Wolf's Rain
Ghost in the Shell
cyborg 009
and i used to have sailor moon anime on video

and i read manga whenever i have money
fruits basket1-9
fma1-2
and iron Wok Jan

snehin
Originally posted by grey fox
over in britan ....... i am not driving 15 miles to buy a book 15 miles!!its just down the street here!!i tried gettin a new one but well i never buy i know the guy there he sneaks it to me i read and return!!i bought he HP book 3 copies yay i rule a new manga tomorrow and an awsome book today my week!!

riku harada
laughing

i need to get more manga.

sai12
Originally posted by riku harada
laughing

i need to get more manga.

HOw much do you have already Riku?

riku harada
4 series

rave master 4
demon diary 7
DNAngel 8
.hack//sign 3

i need to go get fruits basket and vampire game

snehin
Originally posted by riku harada
4 series

rave master 4
demon diary 7
DNAngel 8
.hack//sign 3

i need to go get fruits basket and vampire game hm i guess tht is little but its all good u have some good ones i hav like 100 but outa which 70-80 of em are all stupid!!

Flame Alchemist
I have never read one manga in my whole life,infact the first time I had ever heard of a manga was when I registered at this site.

snehin
I have never read one manga in my whole life,infact the first time I had ever heard of a manga was when I registered at this site. really?

sai12
I have never read one manga in my whole life,infact the first time I had ever heard of a manga was when I registered at this site.

No way!! Okay do you buy your anime!? They usually have manga sitting somewhere nearby!! I'm totally amazed by your comment!

Flame Alchemist
Its truesad.I rent my anime from my friend who has his own store.He has every anime i've heard of,but I only watch the english versions.So I don't see Naratu or anything.Plus renting is a lot cheaper i pay $1.00 for 5 days for a dvd.you can't beat that price.I can get my manga but i would have to have him order it for me,there $8.00ea.is that a good price?

sai12
Its truesad.I rent my anime from my friend who has his own store.He has every anime i've heard of,but I only watch the english versions.So I don't see Naratu or anything.Plus renting is a lot cheaper i pay .00 for 5 days for a dvd.you can't beat that price.I can get my manga but i would have to have him order it for me,there .00ea.is that a good price?

You're lucky if you can find manga at $8 a book! :P

Though I have to say that I'm rather envious of your renting agreement!! I want to be able to rent for one dollar a dvd!! Totally unfair! Though I have a pretty good anime collection going...I should start my own anime rental service in my town! Hahaha!

snehin
You're lucky if you can find manga at a book! :P

Though I have to say that I'm rather envious of your renting agreement!! I want to be able to rent for one dollar a dvd!! Totally unfair! Though I have a pretty good anime collection going...I should start my own anime rental service in my town! Hahaha! i have like 2 dvds of my own and rented like 50 or more but well its useless im in the middle of every series!!

sai12
Oh I have another thing to suggest concering manga! Check your local library. I know our library here in Dension, IA has gotten quite a few manga...and if a town that small can get it I'm sure the larger libraries have several too!

That's a easy way of getting it. Though you don't really have much choice in waht to read. smile

Flame Alchemist
My crappy library is to poor to have any manga.

snehin
my library is useless its too far away too but i hav enough borin mangas to put me to sleep and few to wake me up again!!

Flame Alchemist
LOL.My library is right around the corner of my house.

sai12

soundtrack
^and might i ask where in the world do you stock all of this stuff?

sai12
Originally posted by soundtrack
^and might i ask where in the world do you stock all of this stuff?

Haha! Well, the pic has nearly everything I own in it. That little bookshelf keeps most of it cept the VHS tapes and.the SPIRAL dvds which I got after the pic was taken....and..well, that's about all that's not on it! :P

That really long list of stuff isn't all the stuff I own, I hope you realize that :O I only wish it was all mine! Muahahaha :P

moogleattack
I'm probably a sophomore as I can't read and speak little japanese. I just want to say that I LOVE

Anime:
Excel Saga, Sorcerer Hunters, Chobits, Escaflowne, Azumanga Daioh, Real Bout Highschool, Love Hina, Rune Soldier, Slayers, Nightwalker, The Fighting, Inuyasha, Samurai Champloo, Wolf's Rain, S-Cry-ed, Chobits, Soul Hunter, Fushigi Yugi, all Gundams, Pretear, .Hack, all three Samurai X movies, Rurouni Kenshin, Appleseed, Angel Links, Puni Puni Poemy, Cardcaptors, Candidate Goddess, Yu Yu Hakusho, Neon Genesis Evangelion, DNAngel, Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Pokemon, Sailor Moon, Ronin Warriors, and many more

Manga:
Ceres, Fushigi Yugi, Gravitation, Naruto, King of Hell, Chobits, Fruits Basket, Rebirth, Ragnarok, Chronicles of the Cursed sword, Those Who Hunt Elves, Love Hina, Azumanga Daioh, Rune Soldier, Blade of Heaven, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Maniac Road, Maburaho, Yu Yu Hakusho, DNAngel, Magic Knight Rayearth, Chrono Crusade, Threads of Time, The Vision of Escaflowne, Suikoden III, Saiyuki, and others

All I can say is I am blessed to have a nicely stocked library and an older brother who visit's bookstores and anime shops every weekend big grin

sai12
Oh lucky you!! The library around here doesn't have much and the selection is very limited, but its better than nothing!!

I didn't think this had anything to do with whether or not you spoke/read japanese at all. I don't think that is a factor in it wink

moogleattack
oh I've just thought of some more animes that are good:
X, Paranoia Agent, Blue Seed, Blue Gender, Sorcerer on the Rocks, Tenjho Tenge, Burst Angel, Macross Plus, and Battle Skipper

I don't know if your libraries do this or if you've already tried it but sometimes you can order books from other library systems than your own. Also, my library's catalogue doesn't always show all of the mangas that it actually has. Sometimes i have to combine the title with the words "manga" or "graphic novel" or sometimes I just search "manga" and browse to find it. I hope this could help.

sai12
My library just started getting manga...so I pretty much know all they have. And yeah...I try graphic novel and manga.

riku harada

sai12
I had a lot of free time on my hands without the internet....can you blame me for thinking of any and every anime I've seen? :P

snehin

sai12
Well, like I said.....I was bored and didn't have internet....so for fun I typed that list out! smile

snehin
Well, like I said.....I was bored and didn't have internet....so for fun I typed that list out! smile yes but how i mean dint ur arm hurt?i could never type as much!!

sai12
Hahahahaha....why would my arms hurt from typing!? I can type a lot more than that at a time! I like to write a lot, so I type pages upon pages of story up....:P

snehin
Hahahahaha....why would my arms hurt from typing!? I can type a lot more than that at a time! I like to write a lot, so I type pages upon pages of story up....:P how long did that take to type up?u must cause i play sport a lot but well when i type my arm hurts more than when i pay a sport!!

sai12
I dont' know how long it took, but I do type pretty fast...

Anyway, we should get back on topic wink

snehin
I dont' know how long it took, but I do type pretty fast...

Anyway, we should get back on topic wink yeah we should erm wats the topic bout tho we cant say who is wat anymore!!

snehin
ok i cant say who is wat anymore atleast!

Firesprite
Im a Anime newbie I don't have time to buy manga or the dvd's and there isn't alot of anime on t.v.

Zen2nd

sai12
I'd go with newbie...well, actually sophomore! You actually own stuff instead of just dling it all the time! WOOT! Kudos for you my friend! Just you need to get into the manga scene a bit more but that is forgiveable seeing as how much they cost!!

jackzem
im defanantly a Senior

For all ranks....Fullmetal Alchemist and Inuyasha are a MUST.They are both great shows.I also reccomend Anime Unleashed for the newbies.

Edit: you know zen2nd i can get all those on blockbuster lol..... i currently have 2 Inuyasha movies and a Fullmetal Alchemist DVD box set on the way ^_^

Edit#2:I've seen so much Fullmetal Alchemist episodes that i remember the whoel song!! and most of the Inuyasha song!!!!!!!!!!

SamuraiSquirrel
i won all the episodes to bleach on DVD, wow
im buying the RK manga and anime, non dubbed dubs are evil
YYH all through Dark Tournament, and the manga, two of the movies, i own the Samurai X movies, trigun to the finish. and god only knows how many t-shirts i own of the Trigun and Samurai X, but i have about 4 inuyasha shirts. (i rank myself up in the newb)

snehin
Originally posted by jackzem
im defanantly a Senior

For all ranks....Fullmetal Alchemist and Inuyasha are a MUST.They are both great shows.I also reccomend Anime Unleashed for the newbies.

Edit: you know zen2nd i can get all those on blockbuster lol..... i currently have 2 Inuyasha movies and a Fullmetal Alchemist DVD box set on the way ^_^

Edit#2:I've seen so much Fullmetal Alchemist episodes that i remember the whoel song!! and most of the Inuyasha song!!!!!!!!!! yikes!ok is tht all the anime uve seen?

SamuraiSquirrel
Originally posted by SamuraiSquirrel
i won all the episodes to bleach on DVD, wow
im buying the RK manga and anime, non dubbed dubs are evil
YYH all through Dark Tournament, and the manga, two of the movies, i own the Samurai X movies, trigun to the finish. and god only knows how many t-shirts i own of the Trigun and Samurai X, but i have about 4 inuyasha shirts. (i rank myself up in the newb)

yikes, i forgot to say that i own almost all of the samurai deeper : kyo, though ive never gotten around to watching them all, andi took inventory yesterday, i have roughly 48 shonen jump magazines, 20 Trigun shirts, 17 Samurai X shirts, yeah, thats about it. (im sitll a new though)

SamuraiSquirrel
im defanantly a Senior

Edit#2:I've seen so much Fullmetal Alchemist episodes that i remember the whoel song!! and most of the Inuyasha song!!!!!!!!!!

ok if i rank myself new, then that makes you super newb, and im not joking, ive got way more, and seen way way more than you.

EDIT : sorry for the spam everybody, but i just had to say this.

snehin
ok if i rank myself new, then that makes you super newb, and im not joking, ive got way more, and seen way way more than you.

EDIT : sorry for the spam everybody, but i just had to say this. lol tis kool!me almost senior

Zen2nd

SamuraiSquirrel
when you own roughly 20 T-shirts of vash and legato, and monev, and Knife, and wolfwood. then you can say it will boost you. (you have no idea how hard it was to get teh monev shirt)

Zen2nd
Yeah I said bit, you read that bit?

SamuraiSquirrel
now i feel real bad, bad llama

snehin
Originally posted by Zen2nd
Yeah I said bit, you read that bit? Originally posted by SamuraiSquirrel
now i feel real bad, bad llama ok u two break it up

SamuraiSquirrel
*slaps 'im self*

snehin
*slaps 'im self* lol

jackzem
sorry lol i was at Minneapolis =P and no thats not all the anime iv seen -_- ive seen TONS TONS more im just suggesting.....*laughs at Jamaul and Anus on Family Guy*

Edit:Really Zen2nd? wats it like there? is it kool? lol.....and how do i uplaod a pic? lol

Spelljammer
Much like real school, SpellJammer is the anime dropout.

He half-asses knowing of and watching/reading anime. If he applied himself he could become an otaku but why bother? They are seen as dangerous amongst the anime community because thier laid back just don't give a damn approach too closely resembles that of people who don't get anime called normal people.

Zen2nd
Cold and green big grin

Its also the most expensive country in Europe sad

snehin
sorry lol i was at Minneapolis =P and no thats not all the anime iv seen -_- ive seen TONS TONS more im just suggesting.....*laughs at Jamaul and Anus on Family Guy*

Edit:Really Zen2nd? wats it like there? is it kool? lol.....and how do i uplaod a pic? lol the upload icon under where u type

SamuraiSquirrel
u know what i hate? the color red, and the french, i really hate the french.
(i so hate the french, eva ting about them, so very much, hate them, not sure why, but i do.)

snehin
u know what i hate? the color red, and the french, i really hate the french.
(i so hate the french, eva ting about them, so very much, hate them, not sure why, but i do.) my cousin french but well he indian and african too

XxILuvVegetaxX
I guess im between a sophmore and a senior (mainly because i aint got dat much money lol)

I have a pretty good list of series I have watched Though I am no senior I have seen a majority from watching them on TV and have also gone to pick up more from Japan based on my favorites
* = I have it in Japanese

DBZ (got me to discover Anime)
VOLTRON/ Go Lion (though I watched it when I was little this had to be the first Anime Series I watched)
GIGANTOR (I couldn't be more happy that it is back on the air though I dun like the fact that is on at 5:30 in the morning)
TETSUJIN 28 (yay they updated Gigantor)
GUNDAM WING (and Endless Waltz)
GUNDAM 0083
G GUNDAM
GUNDAM SEED
INUYASHA (not a big favorite but it is good to watch)
CYBORG 009 2001 (one time a friend saw this and told me about it she thought I looked like 009 the second I watched I was hooked)
Cyborg 009 Legend Of the Super Galaxy
CYBORG 009 1980's version* (it took me a lot to find it and had to save a lot to get it but it is probably the best of all three versions of 009
Cyborg 009 (1966) 1st movie*
Cyborg 009 (1967) 2nd movie*
ANDROID KIKAIDER
SUPER MILK-CHAN (it is odd but then again so am I)
FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST (thanks to this show I started studying Alchemy again)
Groove Adventure Rave/ RAVE MASTER
ASTROBOY (current and 60's version)
METROPOLIS (read the Manga haven't seen the show)
Yu Gi Oh ( I like series based on old legends so this one was a natural)
MEGAMAN (I like the Series to an Extent but I like the video game series without question
DRAGON QUEST/ WARRIOR (See MegaMan)
Detective Conan/Case Closed
NEW ANGEL*
COWBOY BEBOP
Body Transferance* ( that is what I get If I translate the name it is a Hentai film)
Colorful
Irresponsible Captain Tylor*
Trigun

I also started getting into Doujins H doujins in particular
I have
2 009 doujins
4 Gundam Seed H doujins
several scans of my favorite parings

Bardiel13
I'd say I'm maybe a sophmore or a senior. I don't actually WATCH anime not released in America (not much of a piracy guy), but I do aknowledge their existance, and if there's one that seems interesting, I will wait and pray it gets licensed. I know a very good amount of anime both American licensed and not.

Da Shell Bullet
i would say i'm a newbie/soph i've been looking at the stuff for years but i rarely have the time to get anything off of television but i do when i have the time an example being me buying the entire dragonball gt series two years before it finally got here but as you can probably tell s-cry-ed is my new fav

thanatos_hero
I'm probably an Anime Newbie, just on the line of Sophomore. I'm quite fond of BLEACH, Tenchi Muyo, Cowboy Bebop, Case Closed, and Gundam Wing. I'm also quite fond of Neon Genisis Evangelion (sp). Metropolis is another one of my favorites. Any suggestions?

Takiko_4ever
I would say I'm a senior!
My older brothers and Sister have always watched anime so i was introduced very young to Anime!
I grew up watching Samurai pizza Cats, Sailormoon, Dragonball with my older brother and sister!
Right now I'm watching Filler Naruto episodes<aside from reading the manga>, Bleach<With my brother>, and others....

ShinobiRikari
Bwahahaha!!! <----------- (evil laugh)

I have graduated from the sophomoric category!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anime senior - Seen 50+ anime outside tv, reads/watches series not released in America, reads a good deal of manga, ECT.

And still my collection grows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faeries_Ascendn
i wud die to say i was a senior but in these classifications im only a somophore (btw wats a somophore?, i caome from the land down under) anyway i luv all anime and manga (except heavy mecha stuff)!!!

my favs at da moment are
Saiyuki!!! (i lov bishies!! sanzo *drool) ive read and seen and own lots of saiyuki!! (any1 who lyks repeated gags, hot guys n lots of filler eps will lyk it )
my fave manga is FAERIES LANDING!!! (techniqly a manwha but still awesome) ryang rulz, he reminds mi so much of Orphen (another fabulous show)

also the classics lyk evangelion, sailor moon (debatable but true) any hayao miyazaki films etc

i very very very unfortunatly dont have internet at home so i cant download unlisenced anime thou i do read any review sites for stuff i wanna c (im a pushova wit readn spoilers >.&ltwink

i luv mi local library as it feeds most of my additions
not much anime is shown on tv here in oz *wah* no anime channel either - i wud never leave da house

i hav 2 many 2 name, all gud!!!!!!! watch anime and read manga and yuot life will b better stick out tongue

Zen2nd
Now to update my profile on this and see where I stand. These are all on DVD and are the official ones too. No cheating here.

Akira: Collector's Edition
Gunsmith Cats
Spirited Away
New Dominion Tank Police
Metropolis
Cowboy Bebop The Movie
Ghost in the Shell
Tenchi Muyo!
Read or Die
Love Hina vol. 1-6
Love Hina Spring Special
Love Hina Christmas Special
Azumanga Daioh vol. 1-6
NOIR vol. 1-7
Trigun vol. 1-5
Chrono Crusade vol. 1-6
Fullmetal Alchemist vol. 1-3
Fruits Basket vol. 1-4
Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum: Volumes 01-06
Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion/Death and Rebirth
Hellsing vol. 1-4
Appleseed
Cowboy Bebop Collection: Box 1
Cowboy Bebop Collection: Box 2
Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Complete 1st GIG Box Set
Invader Zim Boxset

I now also have (manga);
Volume 1-7 of Hellsing
Volume 2 of Trigun (hardback)
Volume 11 of Dragon Ball

I also own Vash the Stampedes shades and a Trigun t-shirt. Also I own a couple of American Animé magazines

Seen on t.v
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Dragonball Z
Tenchi
Gundam Wing
Card Captors
Blue Submarine 6

Originally posted by thanatos_hero
I'm probably an Anime Newbie, just on the line of Sophomore. I'm quite fond of BLEACH, Tenchi Muyo, Cowboy Bebop, Case Closed, and Gundam Wing. I'm also quite fond of Neon Genisis Evangelion (sp). Metropolis is another one of my favorites. Any suggestions?

If you like Metropolis I would suggest going into Astroboy it
was created by the same Author from there I would also check out Shotaro Ishi(no)mori's Cyborg 009 and also Tetsujin28/Gigantor

for Gundam Wing you could check out the other Gundam versions (not all of them are teams I would suggest Gundam Seed all of them keep withthe same premise as seed minus the special abilities Kira has) you could also Check out Robotech, Macross, Candidate For Goddess they fit in that Genre as well

try also Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist and Ravemaster they might be to your liking

Shinobi Yukari
well, according to the first post, i'd say i'm a senior (funny how im actually a senior in high school right now XD lol anyways..big grin). i started out watching what was on tv, like Pokemon and Sailor Moon. But then my brother introduced me to Gundam Wing and Princess Mononoke and it just expanded from there. now i watch series like Bleach, Naruto, DN Angel, Hellsing, and the like. and im a huge fan of manga (especially the Legend of Zelda Ocarnia of Time manga XD)

princegoku
ive seen lots of manga so i can be called a senior. i dont watch as much anime as i read manga so it compensates

XxILuvVegetaxX
umm I thnk im closer to being a senior, im starting to watch more and more subbed anime now. I read alot of manga, mainly shoujo though cuz i luv the bishies! ( i thnk thats how u spell it)

FullMetalLover1
i have graduated to sophomore!

FullMetalLover1
oh wait, no i'm a senior! yay!

Zen2nd
Just ordered vol.4 - vol.6 of FMA and Vol.6 of Trigun is on the way to me now big grin

Plus to top it all off I bought this

KingDubya
Sophomore, although I'm not sure...

Anime:
1. Fullmetal Alchemist (Episodes 1-16)
2. Naruto (somewhere in the Chunin Exam story arc)
3. Neon Genesis Evnagelion (1 or 2 episodes)
4. BLEACH (Episodes 1-8)
5. Rurouni Kenshin (not exactly sure how many)

Manga:
1. Fullmetal Alchemist (Books 1-6)
2. Naruto (Books 6 & 7)
3. Neon Genesis Evangelion (Books 1-3)
4. BLEACH (Books 1-5)
5. Saiyuki (Books 1 & 2)

XxILuvVegetaxX
im a senior now yays! ^_^

elemental_user
Whats the difference. i probably sound reli stupid but how do you know what you are???

FullMetalLover1
Anime Newbie-tends to only see anime on tv PLUS a few (as on 5 or less)anime outside tv.Doesn't read or reads little manga.

Anime sophomore-Sees a fair amount of anime(maybe 20 outside TV) but doesn't really consider anime outside America. reads fair amount of manga.

Anime senior-Seen 50+ anime outside tv, reads/watches series not released in America, reads a good deal of manga,etc.

like this ^_^

XxILuvVegetaxX
yup, just read the 1st page.... ^^

Zen2nd

elemental_user
i guess i'm a newbie then, i watch loads of anime (obviously outside america since i live in uk) but my parents think stuff like that is a waste of time so i can't buy manga. the only manga i've really got into is dramacon and 2 others (can't be botherd to remember the names) but i'm interested in the manga kame kaze.

XxILuvVegetaxX
you can get scanlations if you cant buy em ^^

KingDubya
Originally posted by KingDubya
Sophomore, although I'm not sure...

Anime:
1. Fullmetal Alchemist (Episodes 1-16)
2. Naruto (somewhere in the Chunin Exam story arc)
3. Neon Genesis Evnagelion (1 or 2 episodes)
4. BLEACH (Episodes 1-8)
5. Rurouni Kenshin (not exactly sure how many)

Manga:
1. Fullmetal Alchemist (Books 1-6)
2. Naruto (Books 6 & 7)
3. Neon Genesis Evangelion (Books 1-3)
4. BLEACH (Books 1-5)
5. Saiyuki (Books 1 & 2)
Re-post, in case no one read it...

loner hill
senior. . . i think

Anime:
1.Neon Genesis Evangelion- (all)
2.Rurouni Kenshin - (all)
3.Mysterious Play- (all)
4. Fruits Basket- (all)
5.Trigun- (all)
6.GTO- (forgot) (the point where the protagonist makes one of his students jump off a brige or something)
7. HELLSING!- (ALL) <3 <3 (no homo)
8. Pet Shop of Horrors- (all) (very short tho)
9. Initial D- (not sure, ive seen all the ones that came out in the US but ive continued viewing them in japanese; project D era)
10. Beserk- (episode 4)
11. Record of Lodoss War_ (all)
12. Fullmetal Alchemist- (episode 8)
13. Ceres- (all)
14. dbz, (all)
15.X- (all)
16. Battle Angel-(all)
17. Key-(all)
18. saiyuki(all)
19. keo- (forgot)
20. Escaflowne- (all)
21. knight hunters- (all)
22. S-cry-ed- (?)
23. im tired =(

manga:
HellSing: (all)
HellSing: The Dawn (3)
NG Evangelion (6)
Mystyrious play/fushiyugi (4)
X (2)
fu*k

loner hill
hey KingDubya, is BLEACH any good? what is it and etc....

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>