9/11 3 years ago

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bardock
a moment of silence for are slain country men and women

Darth Sauron
weep

moonwalker741
it seems like yesterday...and im serious, i cant believe it has been 3 years since then..

no

finti
time flies

bardock
i remeber exactly where i was. iwas in homeroom then a teacher bolted in screaming "turn on the tv the towers have been attacked".

finti
I was at work

Guardian_Rikku
I was at school. All a sudden a bunch of kid's parent took them home and we were just like, "...Huh?" Because they didn't exactly tell us what was really happening.

bardock
there was alot of cunfusion some teachers just let us watch tv the whole class to see what was going on but the news didnt see to know very much that early on.

moonwalker741
me too....exactly the same thing

Papaumau
A sad day....NEVER to be forgotten !

Arachnoidfreak
I was in computer class, and someone over the loudspeaker said a plane clipped the Towers. Not the first time the wing of a plane has claipped the Towers, so I thought nothing of it. I didn't know what was going on until I got home. Damn, I hate my school.

Darth Sauron
I was in history, one of the teachers came in and whispered into my history teachers ear something. He sent us home without a reason.
I got in the house...sat down and was given my dinner.

My mum looked dishevelled (sp)
I asked what was wrong
and she showed me.

I was only 11 at the time, but i can remember everything, i can remember the feeling, i can remember the looks on the survivors faces, i can remember the firemen running in, the pople jumping from windows, the towers eventually crumbling.
I remember the palestines on TV dancing in the street, burning not just the american flag, but the flag of St George too.

I remember the look on bushs face when it was whispered to him, the look that mirrored that of my history teachers weep

It was a horrible horrible day and my heart goes out to those who lost a loved one, friend or a relative in the attack

Mr Zero
"a moment of silence" ?

As a mark of respect i'm going to not post again at all today - it's not a day for frivolity or argument.

bardock
me too

Guardian_Rikku
Very true.

Nazgulinthedark
me too, i was in math class in 5th grade, and then the intercom came on and told us to go to our homerooms, and then some other teacher told us what happened.

V@LL3jOk!D707
sad

Guardian_Rikku
To us, they didnt say much about what happened. I don't know why. We didn't have tvs in our rooms at the time so we couldn't watch it....We were all confused. We did a moment of silence, which warned us all that something really bad had happened sad

Mr. Bacon
sad i was in 8th grade computer class they didnt even tell us for a while it happened at 8 i didnt know until 11, did anyone leave school?

Guardian_Rikku
I didn't leave school; A bunch of other kids did, though.

Nazgulinthedark
no i wasnt picked up at school, i didnt see why some people were picked up, new york is over 1500 miles away from alabama, we could have finished out the day, and then go home to watch the news bout what happened

Mr. Bacon
me either

Guardian_Rikku
Maybe a relative was near the attack.

V@LL3jOk!D707
i remember this day. i was in fifth grade and i was at home getting ready for school when i turned on the tv and saw it happened. i remember that i really didnt think anything of it. i was really dumb back then. then i went to school and my teacher didnt talk about it or anything. but the day after we did do this project with the american flag.

Nazgulinthedark
your words of scilence and respect have amazed me, mr zero. for i was conviced that you were one of only arogance. i have been wrong about you, and i also will not post today. closedeyes

Mr. Bacon
^ well said
i think i will follow

Evy_O
I was at home and my bro told me, of course at first I didn't realise the extent of it confused

so sad there's no words to describe it sad

Darth Sauron
*stops posting for the day*

KidRock
eh i dont remember were i was maybe sleeping in some class

Silver Stardust
I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing. Sophomore year, I was in chemistry class. We were doing a lab and my partner had given me the matches and I was happily burning things, when suddenly another teacher came and and whispered something to my chem teacher. He had us clean up (even though we were in the middle of a lab), and about a minute later they made an announcement over the loudspeaker. They really didn't tell us that much as to what happened (because I guess they really didn't know at that point), but basically in every class the rest of the day we had a radio on, or if there was a TV in the classroom we had that on so we could see/hear the news. In fact, I remember that during my drama class we couldn't get the TV to pick up any stations so we somehow made an antenna out of a paperclip so we could watch the news. It was really terrible.

BackFire

Okay, moment of silence complete.

I was sleeping when it happened. My mom came in and woke me up and said "we're under attack". Of course, being half asleep I had no idea what she was talking about. At first I thought there were some robbers attacking our house or something. Then I turned on the TV, totally unbelievable. I skipped school that day and a friend of mine came over to watch the news.

Truley a horrible horrible day in history.

Darth Sauron
So..even thought yuou thought their were burglars outside...you turned the TV on?

BackFire
Yeah, she woke me up and I was tired and didn't feel like getting out of bed. And once I woke up a little I realized that she probably didn't mean that there were people attacking our house, but our country. So naturally, I switched on the TV.

General Zink
Captain Rex and I were getting ready to go to school. His parents turned on the TV and were getting very emotional about it. We thought they were overreacting because we're little stupid kids like that... stick out tongue

Darth Sauron
I remember that day and the day princess dianna died the most out of any other day in my life

Sarah Malfoy
it seems like yesterday...
i was at home at that time, i was only 11, and i was watching tv waiting for cartoons... but on tv, i could see only the twin burning so many peorple dirty, scared, they were screaming, and i started to cry, because my parents were so nervous, and i could feel it!
any way, i couldnt belive it! but over all, i remenber the cars they walked so slowly on the street and evryone was scared and incapable to think about anything... i didnt sleeped that night!

rapmastad
my best friends mother and my next door neighbor died that day, eventually my neighbors daughter moved in with her mother...

Dr. Strangelove
I was at home the whole day as high school hadn't started for me yet. I first heard about it in the morning on Sac's local sports radio show. The morning guys show was pretty wacky, so it was pretty strange when I heard them all serious talking about a attack. When I first saw it, I didn't really now what to think as I had never seen anything like that and it was just so unbelievable. For the next few days I was almost like a zombie, not knowing what to do, what to think. Two days after the attacks my dog died, which really was painfully for me because I was very close to that dog and to have those two things back to back really hurt me emotionally. I still turn my head when the images of that day are shown, as it's just to sad and devastating to watch.

badsymbiote
I remember this as vividly as the day I watched the carnage unfold at Columbine.
I got a phone call from my husband between 9 and 10 in the morning. He asked me if I could believe what was happening. I asked him what was happening, and he told me to turn on the tv. He told me a plane had hit one of the twin towers. I got a shiver down my spine and told him I didn't think it was an accident. The next plane then hit the second tower. He asked me how I knew it wasn'nt an accident. I didn't know, I just had a feeling. For about a half hour, I allowed my children to watch along with me--until the first tower fell.

My then 4-year-old son suggested we get in the car and head to NY to help put out the fires and save the people. I turned on some cartoons for them and watched more on the tv in my room. I didn't think they needed to see anymore, but I could do nothing but watch and cry for the better part of the day.

Three years later, I still cry whenever I think about that day--and I can't even imagine the horror of having been there--or losing a member of your family to such an attack. I never thought something of that magnitude (save for a possbile nuclear strike or other airbourne assault in the mid 80's or early 90's) would occur on our own soil.

MegaHarrison
Sickest part of all this is that there were mass celebrations by Muslim groups all over the world today. In locations such as London, Berlin, Amsterdam, Tripoli, and Tehran.

silver_tears
My heart goes out to all those effected in the catastrophe, I hope that time has healed some of the wounds 9/11 created for them and their families.

I too was in 8th grade first period, it was english, and our principal came in and told our teacher, then we heard about it from her except we didn't know the extent of it, and we were all just a little worried, then we began watching the news in the library and stayed there all day. They were going to close my school because they feared that something like this would happen in Toronto.

I remember me and my friends being jumpy all week whenever a plane flew over, because we thought that planes were grounded and shouldn't have been flying.

Also one of my friend's mothers was supposed to be flying into New York that very day, to do business near the trade towers, but she got delayed in Hong Kong, but my friend was hysterical since she hadn't heard from her mom, she assumed the worst, but her mom ended up safe.

But I offer my deepest sympathies to those effected cry

lil bitchiness
I was actually at home. I got home from school and it was all over the news, my mom and step-dad told me about it.

I was in shock! It was a tragedy.

Linkalicious
Woke up and saw news coverage of the first plane that hit the first tower. There was smoke and stuff, but they didn't have any video footage because it was the first tower.

By the time the 2nd plane hit...there was news vans out there covering the event and I saw the 2nd plane hit the 2nd tower live.

I was amazed because as tragic as the even was, it was kind of beautiful watching that huge explosion. Beats the crap out of the CGI stuff you see in movies...

ladygrim
i was in yr 11 and we werent told of nething .. i got in the car at 4pm and i heard it on the radio and i went soo cold... sad

wuteva
That event shocked the whole world. I remember the news, and it seemed unreal. Sh*t happens sometimes.
I saw a documentary today on discovery, and they invited some of the survivors. Could't believe what they were saying; like they came back from hell sad
Im truly sorry for the ppl who died

Imaginary
I had just woken up and I was like "Oh some crazy American stunt thing it'll blow over soon" During Religious Ed that day all we did was talk about the attack

Oh scary... but I don't think you should single out the Muslims like that.

botankus
There were also groups in Chicago the DAY OF the attack in 2001, doing the same thing, looking like idiots.

darktim1
I was at home and turned on the tv and saw first plane hit and blinked to see if that really happened. Then I saw second hit and was somebody does'nt like our country. And then later I found out that they were going to use twelve planes not just two and that scared the hell out of me but those who hijacked the planes they thought it was hot on the plane all I have to say is they are in the firey pit of hell where they will be for eternity. I cried for all who died and prayed for the president that day and our country the thing I remember most was firefighters who ran into hell but went to heaven when they died. For now may god bless america.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.