Green Lantern vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thirst
they both basically do the same thing. force field projections, shields, hurl energy, etc.

Mane
The Surfer. i cant see the GL ring overpowering the Power Cosmic. and Surfer is lightyears faster than GL.

Swanky-Tuna
Depends on which GL. Then it depends on how easy it will be for SS to break a beam. Then the pin!

crazyspinz
surfer would win, gl is tuff and all but surfers got the power cosimic, witch owns

norrin radd
no no no, surfer can do more much more. Surfer takes this one.

Mr_Famous
if it was the original gl ie: hal jordan, then he could have beaten the surfer but right now surfer would win

pr1983
silver surfer

crazyspinz
surfer would prolly take hal and current gl on at the same time

Mr_Famous
how could he defeat both of them. I didn't get to read the marvel vs dc crossover, but tell me- was gl beaten "easily" by surfer?

Mane
yeah id wager that Norrin would take Hal and Kyle on at the same time. the Power Cosmic is so much more versatile than the GL ring.

yes. very much so. it was one swift blow and Kyle lay unconsious on the Surfer's board.

pr1983
manes right, surfer showed him what real cosmic power is

norrin radd
Surfer all the way

emraldguardian
LOL yea and Logon beat LOBO ( guy that gives superman a hard time) and he didnt even have his adamantium in this comic.

Ytaker
As i remember it, they fought to a standstill, and then they charged each other and... The surfer won. A better GL could have outmatched the Surfer. The only difference was that cosmic has more energy. Not skill, not strength, just more phuzz.

Wynndar
well that and the fact that the GL is still a human and is not a cosmic being who doesnt have to exchange gasses and nutrients with his environment...there is also the fact that GL can put up force fields and blast immense amounts of energy just like surfer...but the Surfer can use power cosmic for so many more uses: changing an enemies metabolism, making the environment unbearably hot, rearranging an enemies molecules (that would really f*ck up GL) or the molecules of the environment, etc, there are so many things the surfer has used the power cosmic for, other than just blasting an enemy, its crazy

norrin radd

Wynndar
yea the power cosmic is not the ability to just blast people...i think you guys r trying to equate the silver surfer with cyclops or something...

Mane
that was a different crossover. this was the Marvel vs DC crossover. Surfer won by a mile.

Beyonder
Keep in mind that the ring needs to be recharged, unlike the Power Cosmic. If their fight results in a stalemate, SS eventually wins since that ring would run out of power and recharging would also leave a GL openned to an attack.

SS wins.

nomsans
silver surfer would mop the universe with any green lantern. silver surfer would mop the universe with superman.

crazyspinz
could ss just like throw a school bus at GL and crush him with it, or is he not weak to yellow any more

Mr_Famous
i dont think the new ring has that weakness anymore

Evangel94
SS completely overthrows any GL. The ring can't overpower the power cosmic

Arachnoidfreak
Personally I like Green Lantern more than Surfer, but Surfer takes this. The ring is only as powerful as it's wielder, and NO wielder would ever be up to par with Silver Surfer.

Mane
true dat.

Tron
Hal Jordan may have a better chance than most GL's, but I don't know if he could actually pull out a win though.

norrin radd

manjaro
SS all they way dude. and i really hate to say this, but i think HAl Jordan is the most overrated GL ever. really. Cuz you gotta remeber he's from the old school, when Alan Scott(sentinel)just passed the torch. If you take a look at Hal's earlier appearnces, you'll see that the majority of his emerald contructs were giant fists, toys, arrows and boxing gloves and sh*t. that is soooooooooooooooooo freaking lame man. the only reason he garnered so much acclaim was becuase of his unparalleled courage and he didnt just limit himself to his sector, he made a name for himself, throught the entire cosmos. thats the only reason everyone's been jumping on his dick . i think kyle rayner is a better GL, hell i think even john stewart is just as good as he is, and the only reason nobody likes him is b-cuz he's black(cmon admit it)when i think of the most powerful GL i think MOGO. you know, the planet MOGO. an entire plant thats a GL.
anyway back to topic SS smashes

Wynndar
thanks Norrin Radd

norrin radd

Tron
I never said Hal would win, I simply said he might have a better chance (key word is "might'). And personally I respect John Steward (because I'm balck myself), and I like Kyle cause he's taken the Green Lantern power to new limits. And yes I read Wynndar's post, and agree with it. I still think a good GL can put up a decent enough fight if their will's strong enough, won't win of course, but at least a decent fight.

emraldguardian
Hal is the best, I mean he took out the whole GL corps by himself they couldnt stop him. I like Kyle and i think that he is second to Hal and then it would John and im not saying that because im a racist only cause Kyle beat him in a recent GL comic.

Wynndar
hahahahaha...come on guys...enough with the bigotry

Tron
Yeah I read that comic. I personally think John was holding back, that's what I got from it anyways.

eleveninches
It depends. If silver surfer was fighting kyle or Hal with just ordinary green lantern powers, then SS would win. However, if it was when kyle had his Ion powers or when Hal had his Parallax or Spectre powers, then they would beat surfer.

Spiderninja008
......I read the cross over.....Surfer beat GL with his arms behind his back (i think Literally)......Power Cosmic is too much. He didn't even have to try. he just flew into GL with the Power Cosmic backing him...he didn't even have to blast him....Surfer would so own Superman. I wanted to see Surfer beat down Supes (more apropriate due to both wield powers form stars), but they gave it to Hulk...........

Surfer crushes any GL hands down.

Ponem
I like people who go by the Marvel vs. DC crossover so much. The battles were based on their votes instead of actual writing, let alone good writingsmile

Spiderninja008
i still think Surfer would beat GL. Power Cosmic is too powerful, and capable of more. It's power does not depleat as easily either.

Magee
I think most people agree SS would beat GL. As do i.

And no SS cant beat Superman but lets not get in to that.

Linkalicious
and why exactly couldn't SS beat Superman?

He's more durable and he has the ever impressive.....power cosmic. wink

wrathofachilles
But Superman has Jimmy Olsen. Jimmy Olsen beats Power Cosmic any day.

Linkalicious
damn that Jimmy....always thwarting everyone's plans for world domination!!! mad

Havoc470
yeah.....damn jimmy...

O_O

norrin radd

Tron
Tell me that wasn't an Asian Hulk crack.laughing out loud

Magee
A sun is much different from Supermans body. Superman only stores the raw energy of the sun where as a sun, is absolute raw energy. I mean say SS absorbs a lightning bolt does that mean he can absorb the power in a battery?

Case Closed stick out tongue

norrin radd

Havoc470
actually, he would be able to absorb the power in a battery, why?...no idea lol

if SS can absorb the energy of the sun it wouldnt matter if it were raw energy or absolute raw energy, it would be even easier to take it from supes

norrin radd
even without the absorbing thing, still think supes is no match for surfer, of course he would give a good fight, but in the end if surfer wants he is near unstopable.

witch reminds me that this fight would take to long, both surfer and supes are non violent characters.

eleveninches
SS could probably beat any GL, but NOT Ion, Parallax or Spectre

Magee
I dont think its ever been said in any SS comic or Superman comic whos faster, stronger and more durable. See personaly i think Supes is much stronger. Knock SS off his board he has no speed. And the durable thing is kind of hard to say.... Although SS probably is more durable.

norrin radd

norrin radd

Magee
ok lets forget about SS and Superman.

I think that u underestimate the power of a GL ring. The weilder can basicaly create anything! He doesnt have to understand how it works he just needs to know wat it does. So he could most likely make a Cosmic power absorber intaker lol. I think it was Hal Jordan who once made a planet with his ring. Anyway wat im saying is the possibilities of a GL ring are limitless. But im not saying any GL could defeat SS. Parallax could easily....

norrin radd
i do understand the power of a GL ring, do you understand the power cosmic of silver surfer?

explain me a little bit more about parallax, he is hal jordan with a GL ring?, whats the difference?

Magee
Yea. He's Hal Jordan gone insane. He basicaly took down the GL corps and then got about 20 Gl rings lol. I think he created his own universe or destroyed the current one. Im not sure on that one. But he is insanely powerful.

norrin radd

Magee
Weird. I've never actualy read Marvel vs DC comics. But i doubt he would need energy from SS to beat Thanos. At least if he's still as strong as he was.

norrin radd

wrathofachilles
Going back to Supes vs. Surfer, Supes actually does have the capability of winning this hands down. All these powers that people list for Surfer, he doesn't use them because he's not a prick. As someone said, he would want a clean fight. In a clean fight, Superman would simply overpower him and knock him out. Everyone seems to knock out Surfer, the guy's a bit of a pushover for being a god-like cosmic being.

norrin radd
what? this means war.

Havoc470
if they were to fight in the first place i dont think they'd be the nice guys they usually are, surfer i think would beat the crap out of supes

and if surfer wouldnt be a prick like that, neither would superman and then it wouldnt be a fight lol

Magee
But Superman would'nt know he was holding back.... Wich is one of Supermans specialtys lol.

Havoc470
post on the actual superman vs. silver surfer topic, i thought this was it but this is actually GL vs. SS

norrin radd
thats why i made one, we were forgetting that this is GL vs SS.

Never

Magee
Why would Dark Pheonix come into this?

Tron
Aren't Parallax and Ion on totally different levels than Dark Phoenix?

juggernaut74
Man this would be a good battle. And as much as I know about these two characters it would be too tough to call. The current GL ring dont have no weaknesses as far as i know. But it still needs to be recharged. And if my memory serves me correctly Surfers cosmic power isnt unlimited either. I think that he does go into a weakned state as well and needs time to juice up again. GL can go 24 hrs straigt fighting and maybe he wont need that much time to beat Surfer. But I dont know its too close to call.

Havoc470
surfer doesnt need to eat or sleep, he's said to sometimes only sleep for the chance to dream, one of his powers deal with ambient energy which is always present, but even taking that away wouldn't prove anything

Never
Not even.

Magee
Im not to sure about Ion but Parallax is more than Dark Pheonix can handle.

Never
Um...er...Ion and Parallax are damn near equal. Some say Ion is more powerful, some say Parallax is more powerful.

Respect your opinion, but maybe you need to refresh yourself on Dark Phoenix's abilities?

Once again, The Phoenix Force multiplies its host's abilities to infinite levels - specifically her telekinesis and telepathy. As an aside, you might find this quote interesting:

" If written right, Parallax comes more into the level of the Silver Surfer (Surfer has a portion of the Power Cosmic while the Green Lantern energy is an offshoot of the Source)."

...for those who still question Surfer's ability, which is UNDER that of the Phoenix Force.

At any rate, what is pure power when one's mind/willpower is jelly? She'd make Parallax/Ion use their own rings against themselves.

Swanky-Tuna
You sure like to take quotes as the law don't you?

Tron
Yeah, this might not help, but Green Lanterns are trained to withstand telepaths, and with such power that Parallax held, that would be a big help. Kyle didn't get the training so he might be screwed. But with powers to affect an entire universe, I'd personally put him well above SS. I'm sure Phoenix may be capable of this, but it still hasn't been shown quite yet.

BadKitty
the Surfer will whipe the floor with the Green Lantern any day

stick out tongue

Paola
eek! bbk!!!

you go girl! smokin'

pr1983
i don't now why this is even a debate, surfer is a lot more powerful than gl, surfer wins

Magee
Sorry but ive never read any Gl comics with Ion.

That is true. But if Parallax has/had almost all of the GL rings then a huge percentage of the source goes to his rings, giving him more power than just one. A single Gl is more comparable i would say.

juggernaut74
Surfers power cosmic dont need to be recharged but he does get weak and needs time to rejuice up and GLs ring can go 24 hrs straight without loosing power. So if the right GL has the ring like Hal Jordan. Its goodnight for the Surfer. In the GL/Surfer crossover Surfer himself realized that in his weakend state he could not overcome a weapon like the GL ring.

norrin radd

juggernaut74
I just realized the stupidity of you though.

juggernaut74
So your saying Surfers power is limitless and he dosnt get drained when he fights.

norrin radd

juggernaut74
Its all good.

Never
Do asses love to assume?

Swanky-Tuna
Do cars love to caramelize?

Paola
Drop that and get on topic!

lightaxe
yea im jimping on the bandwagon ss would pwn all over gl

Cosmo Kramer
Green Lantern would get his ass kicked horribly! Then hed go to Wayne Manner crying and Bruce would say something like, "An unjustice has been laid down upon thee, quick Robin to the Batcave!" Later Batman and Robin would also get there asses handed to them.

Tron
Ummm, Batman's not Thorno expression

Batman would probably be like "Tough shit. That's what happens when you don't listen during my JLA briefings, you get your ass kicked."

Evangel94
Surfer

supremthor
not really the power of the lantern can throw way more energy out then SS can. the SS control the power cosmic but doesnt control it full power.SS wins because he is way faster and can take more hits the the GL. the thing about SS being more powerful then GL is reall stupid becaue u really dont hae any fact to prove it and even if u do a gl has probable dont it before. SS is faster stronger and has more endurance then GL. but more powerful "NO"

norrin radd
no one has proves that surfer is more poweful then a lantern, but you on the other hand have proofs that a lantern is more powerful then surfer, what is this crap?

juggernaut74
I would say that the current version of the GL ring is more powerful than surfer especially if Hal Jordan is gonna be wielding it once more. Cause it has no weaknesses and does not need to be recharged. Surfer on the other hand does get weaker as he dispences more power. Surfer can take Kyle but in my opinion he will not defeat Hal with the current ring.

norrin radd

juggernaut74
Hal once created Kyptonite with his ring one time I believe. If they were to fight if would be 50/50. Kyle has no chance at all. But Hal has the best chance if any.

supremthor
I never sai GL was more powerful than power cosmic i just said people need to stop acting like the power cosmic is the most powerful formof power.Yes SS can bet a green lantern but two at the same time is really stupid that like saying SS can bet morg and thor at the same time.the thing that put SS above KYLE is his speed, strength and endurance.

norrin radd

supremthor
no the power of the lantern allows the user if skilled enough to control all forms of matter magic and able to speak all languags in the unvers

supremthor
SS and GL have the same power just expect GL powers always looks green and it called by a deferent name.

supremthor
and the gl aslo works as magic.

Spiderninja008
Power cosmic granted from Galactus....who is basically God and man, the first being from the big bang.........surfer wiped out planets 4 fun. Surfer vs GL both fully chrged. Surfer takes it.

supremthor
Maybe but u sound like ur tying to say that Galactus is more powerful then the whole GL corps with i bullshite IMO. yes SS is powerful and i see him betng GL in a fight but SS is not that far more powerful then any GL ass many people seem to think.In matter of fact i see GL and SS on the same power level the onl thing SS has over MOST lanterns are the fact that his stronger A LIL faster in space.THE A REASON WHY LIL FASTER IS BECAUSE ALL LANTERN CAN MOVE AT HYPERSPPED IN SPACE WITH IS FASTER THEN LIGHT BUT SS IS STILE FASTER.and probable the most important factor is SS enduranc with means he can way more punishment then lantern.AS FOR PEOPLE SAYING SS IS MORE POWERFUL THEN A GL SHOW ME THE FACTS CUSS I HAVEN'T READ ANY YET AND I READ A LOT OF SS COMICS.

Spiderninja008
i never said Surfs takes it easy, or without gettin hit, but he takes it, and prolly with little pain if ne. I actually find the crossover battle quite accurate personally, cuz i don't think GL has the skill, or intelligence, or power to take out Surfs.

Spiderninja008
Surfs isn't just a guy with cosmic powers, he's a cosmic being who lives off the energies of the universe.

norrin radd
he only took out surfer, because earlier he had given his power to paralax. but lets forget the crossovers because the usually suck

Spiderninja008
in the crossover surfer crush GL.....they had a joust, and surfer was just too powerful. I wanted to see him vs. Superman.

norrin radd
there are two crossovers. in one yes surfer destroyed GL in seconds

Wynndar
Yea both the surfer and GL have power sources that r fundamental in their respective universes...but the power cosmic is just on a different level still

Havoc470
imo silver surfer takes this one without a doubt

supremthor
GL has the power to take surfer but not the skill or intellignce

supremthor
that cross over was bullshite and any comic fan shouldnt use it to link it with any battel.come on superman destroyed hulk in seconds so did wolverine to lobo,storm to wonderwoman,thor to shazam.

Spiderninja008
yeah, but i agree with that crossover, simply cuz I don't recall GL being as powerful as SS......ever.

supremthor
GL lantern is as powerful if not more powerful than SS the thng that gives SS the edge is the fact that he knows how to use his power fully.Even though he barly ever lets lose. Green lantern on the other hand really doesnt have a limite but just doesnt have the will and interlect to use it fully. give SS the lantern ring to SS without the power cosmic and he'd be close to unstoppable

juggernaut74
If a guy like Bruce Wayne had a GL ring Surfer would have a tough time defeating him.

Spiderninja008
true, true

eleveninches
He did get a ring for a while

supremthor
when?????

eleveninches
i cant remember the issue, but Hal did give him a ring for a short while

spidermonkey
Really? I'd like to know what issue, also.

Blair Wind
anymore thoughts?????

He-guy88
its true he did have one but he did not keep it i think he gave it to jade

diabloman
surfer

TheKahn
Originally posted by Blair Wind
anymore thoughts?????

Like others have said, it would depend on which GL you are talking about and more importantly at what level they and the Surfer are written at. I know that kind of a cheap answer but that is the problem you face trying to compare two uber characters like this. I mean the Surfer can fly through the heart of a sun but a blast from Firelord knocks him out? Kyle can contain a supernova but Slade can challenge him for control over his own ring? I think each has the potential to win but saying exactly who'd emerge as the victor in a series of arena type fights is much more difficult.

He-guy88
isent this if bruce wayne had a ring?

Rols
I doubt that Bruce is a lot better in using the GL ring than Hal or even Kyle. Actually im pretty sure Hal is 100x better in using the ring than Bruce, Hal would stand a better chance in defeating SS. Kyle now is Uber, being able to deflect planet size blast, energy that could start another bigbang effect. I would still give SS an advantage over the GL, just because he is so versatile; being able to time travel, evolved a whole planet, cosmic awareness, being able to sense future events, so much more and we still havent seen his full capability.

aiuchi
i normally don't post a you guys know far far too much about comics, and i don't.

however on this post i think the most important thing is not the weapon (power cosmic versus the ring) but rather the person weilding it (hal versus norrin).

so who is the most resourceful, who would you want defending you.

when push comes to shove my money is on the ex-gl corps member

He-guy88
Originally posted by Rols
I doubt that Bruce is a lot better in using the GL ring than Hal or even Kyle. Actually im pretty sure Hal is 100x better in using the ring than Bruce, Hal would stand a better chance in defeating SS. Kyle now is Uber, being able to deflect planet size blast, energy that could start another bigbang effect. I would still give SS an advantage over the GL, just because he is so versatile; being able to time travel, evolved a whole planet, cosmic awareness, being able to sense future events, so much more and we still havent seen his full capability.

i agree but with bruce waynes brains he'ed be good but not good enough to win this

He-guy88
Originally posted by aiuchi
i normally don't post a you guys know far far too much about comics, and i don't.

however on this post i think the most important thing is not the weapon (power cosmic versus the ring) but rather the person weilding it (hal versus norrin).

so who is the most resourceful, who would you want defending you.

when push comes to shove my money is on the ex-gl corps member

hals not ex corps member anymore he a member now

aiuchi
a i said i do not read as many comics as you guys, so be nice!

He-guy88
Originally posted by aiuchi
a i said i do not read as many comics as you guys, so be nice!

i wasent being mean i was telling u the facts so u know

Brutacus
And beside's you have a right to post what you think, don't need to apoligize for that, This forum is ment for debate even thow some post go on for ever. blink

FujiFuu
Surfer would over power GL, take the ring, make a curb out of it and curbstomp whichever GL it is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.