How can he?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@t
How can Spider-Man hang on to such thin strands of web? it's his strength, right? could a normal human thats strong do it?
For those of you that have read the comics, does it say how or if it's tiring or he finds it easy?

Koto K
Trying to dissect comic characters is somewhat redundant. It's like asking 'why does Superman fly'. Because he's a comic book character and he just can.

Mane
well said.

mc pee pants
it's natural for a spider to hang on to it's web. does the spider get tired?

Nataku8188
The web is sticky... and he can climb walls... 2 for one deal.

F_doomed
how can bruce banner Not be ripped to shreads during that transformation why are the hulks pants purple.... How can Spider-Man hang on to such thin strands of web? it's his strength, right? could a normal human thats strong do it?
For those of you that have read the comics, does it say how or if it's tiring or he finds it easy?

all of them are questions Like teacher says there are no stupid questions there just IDIOTS THAT ask pointless ones

Mane
youre in no place to call people idiots...

BlackC@t
Exactly, if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all, that's trolling that is and it ISN'T allowed.

Thanks everyone, I've come to the conclusion that it's his strength. How somebody said that the web is sticky, the how could he let go?

F_doomed
i didnt mean to offend u can have my hummblest appolgies embarrasment
a spider dosent get stuck to his web he has spiderDNA

mordamor22
hoe does spidey stick to walls with his costume on? do the little hairs go through it or something?

badsymbiote
No, I read somewhere that the hairs were something they came up with for the movie.

And as for the question, it's kind of just one of those things that you just take at face value. I once wondered how Spidey could climb with tennis shoes on, and figured it would at least have to lessen the ability somewhat.
Then I just figured it was a story, and a darned good one at that and just to leave it at that.

TheFilmProphet
Yeah I have wondered about that before too. A spider can't climb a wall with anything covering its legs. Although it has never stopped me from being a big fan of Spidey.

F_doomed
Hair Grows

BlackC@t
He can obviously make the hair re-tract back into his fingers, and I'm guessing that they create a large amount of static electricity which allows him the ability to stick to walls.

Arachnoidfreak
Spiderman doesn't stick to walls through static electricity. His body would absorb the electricity. Balloons stick because they are rubber, and can't absorb it. That was kind of a ridiculous assumption.

Spiderman sticks to walls, because that's his frickin superpower. Not much else to it, it's comic book fantasy. You know the title of Spiderman's first appearance, right? Amazing FANTASY #15?

As for the web, Spiderman does have pretty amazing strength(class 10), but anyone can hold onto a rope. As demonstrated in gym class.

F_doomed
umm i like spiderman and all But hes a freakn super hero How can some one go through walls How can someone move objects move objects with their mind how can a symbiote attach it self to some one and change the physoligy? its a freaken comic dose it reall matter The point is WE LIKE spiderman. hes cool who gives a shit how he dose half the crap he dose and i am not insuling anyone Or trying to offend u

BlackC@t
Could you pleae proof-read your work next time? it's getting hard to read. We care because it's fun to argue respectfully over things like this. It doesn't matter but it gives us something to talk about in these forums.

F_doomed
good Point

BlackC@t
Thank you smile

Red Superfly
Well, it has been explained that Superman can fly through self-telekinesis, and Spider-Man can stick to walls through some sort of bio molecular geek explanation - and was likened to static electricity, so don't throw that out the window.

The mere fact that Spider-Man can stick to walls through any sort of trainers/gloves means that we shouldn't really care about it. The idea behind the AMAZING Spider-Man is that he does amazing things. I'd class sticking to a wall even when he wears boots, pretty amazing. Let's just leave it at that.

But yeah, as for his web, he has amazing strength, plus a small healing factor (which means he has longer stamina due to the fact his body recovers quicker). When he is that strong - his own body weight would be like picking up a paper-weight for him.

Mr Zero
I can answer this - forgive me if I get to technical.

Spider-man can stick to walls and swing on thin webbing due to a combination of the movement of electricity through the neuron membrane and the flow of a pigment, suspended in a liquid carrier over fiber based sheeting.

In laymans terms - the writer thinks of a story and the artist draws it that way.

Maelstrom
ya i agree its his dexterity rolling on floor laughing raver

BlackC@t
We're trying to forget the fact that comic people drew and wrote about him that way no expression

Reborn Again
Think of it this way: Spiders spin web from their butts and can hull 10x their own weight like ants, so it stands to reason a human endowed with similar abilities can do the same thing. Simple, eh?

Paola
*starts reading*

"I can answer this - forgive me if I get to technical.

Spider-man can stick to walls ......" sleep1

Mr Zero
One day you will pay...

Paola
sorry Mr Zero sir, it won't happen again flowers

Mane
laughing

Jury
the best answer so far. shifty

JAE
Perfect! couldn't have said it better thumb up thumb up

BlackC@t
Yeah, I've come to the conclusion that it's his strength.

fatcat22
hey black cat, stop freking out! The fat cat's here to calm things down! Spidey sticks to walls like bacteria sticks to your teeth after you eat a meal and dont brush your teeth for one week! Itch! It's a comic book fantasy! How comes the Hulk fits into the same pants as Bruce Banner? Have you seen the film? Hulkie grows four storeys high and when he goes back to banner, his pants still fit him! Many many questions but in a world of fantasy, who cares as long as it's not far fetched! Like how comes dare devil can use that cane of his to swing around New York. I guess if Spidey can lift 10 tons, he can swing for hours. How much does he weigh? 65 kg?

BlackC@t
I don't think it has anything do to with it being a comic fantasy, more along the lines of a scientific explanation, such as his strength.

Alpha Centauri
It might have something to do with the fact that the web and his strength are to proportionate to that of an adult male human-sized Spider.

Just a thought.

-AC

FeceMan
Correct you are. It's more of a submolecular attraction between Spider-Man and the surface.

NinjaBunnyFuFu
ok new question how come in the old retro batman seris with adam "da man" west.... why did he have solution for every problem in his belt... i mean seriously its like "batman how did you get outta those ropes" then batman would pull out a can and say " oh i just happened to have me anti-getting tied up by rope spray on my" man i wish i had that stuff

doctorstrongbad
Spiderman has super powers related to a radio acitive spider. That should be the anwser to most of these questions

Paola
cry

Swanky-Tuna
Spiderman can hang on to such a thin strand of web because he knows he's boned if he doesn't.
I'm pretty sure spiders don't stick to their web because they instinctively set up a pattern of non-sticky web and sticky web and, also instinctively, know where to step.

doctorstrongbad
That does make sense and besides he has super agility.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.