Major Request

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-=SergioLeone=-
I know im new and i dont have much power here but i have a huge request.

Sergio Leone is the greatest director of Western cinema of all time, and in my book, the greatest director of all time. He just happens to be the biggest influence to two major directors that i know of: Quentin Tarantino and Clint Eastwood.

His distinct gritty style and dramatic timing along with perfect casting (Clint Eastwood+ Lee Van Cleef, Henry Fonda+ Charles Bronson. Any questions?), accompanied with brilliant dialogue and catch phrases for these actors combine to make the most mesmerizing and adventurous and clever motion pictures ever created.

These movies inspired me to want to become a film student myself:
Once Upon a Time in the West
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
For a few dollars More
A fistful of Dollars
A fistful of Dynamite
Once Upon a Time in America
My name is Nobody

and these are just the ones I've seen.

Im using Leone as an example but I think we should have a section devoted to the great directors of our time, Sergio Leone mainly, but also Brian De Palma, Francis Ford Coppola, Stanley Kubrick, Edward Zwick, and many others!

To have a section for Quentin Tarantino and no other directors is a travesty and a tragedy and its utterly offensive...So there. What has he accomplished? NOTHING. He's just borrowed concepts from other great directors and compiled them to make money. The only one thats not a rip off in 100 different ways is Pulp Fiction. I love QT though, no worries.

Royal Knight
Sorry but this isn't a good ideaerm

I also this the quentin tarantino forum is a bad idea...

but hey what do i know

yerssot
*whistles the theme of The Good, The Bad And The Ugly*

oh... and SergioLeone... "Go ahead... make my day" wink

Ushgarak
Questionable or otherwise, the Tarantinoi section was created as a result of appreciable demand after a slew of Tarantino threads in the generic movies area. No such demand or threads exist for Leone. It's not a matter of quality- simply demand.

m!$hA
you know there are many songs with that title, dollface erm

yerssot
but there is only one titlesong of that movie stick out tongue

m!$hA
oh embarrasment

yerssot
"You may run the risks, my friend, but I do the cutting."
stick out tongue

Clovie
what are you cutting? stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.