question!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hobbit_dude
hi, hey i don't want this thread to go into too much detail, but lately I've been studing the religions, and I am very interested in jenovha's witnesses sumthin like that, if there r any in this forum please guys tell me what r ure beliefs, forbidden stuff, parties, etc. thanks!

Tex
From my understanding, everything is forbidden! laughing out loud

Darth Sauron
I think its wrong how jehovah's witnesses wouldnt give blood to their children even if they needed it in a life or death situation

yerssot
or do a googlesearch

big gay kirk
Well, in the concentration camps in the 30s and 40s the Jehovah's Witnesses were forced to wear a purple triangle badge... if I remember rightly over a million were exterminated by the Nazis... unlike the Jews, the Witnesses were given a way out... if they signed a piece of paper to say that they no longer believed in God, they would be free... the Witnesses said that they would rather die than renounce God, and that's what happened to them... The JWs believe that God is omnipotent and that Jesus was not divine, but a teacher sent from God... they leave the blood issue to each persons own conscience, depending on that persons interpretation of Scripture... and they are the only religion in the UK that cannot become Scout Leaders... because they refuse to swear allegiance to anyone but God.. this determination about oaths led to a lot of trouble in Greece and America... if you are really interested, find your local Kingdom Hall... they will be only too willing to answer your questions, and despite the image of them portrayed in the media, they are only as pushy as your local Methodists...

Tex
All of the jenovha's witnesses and mormons I've know have been extremely nice people.

I just couldn't live like that! laughing out loud

We're only on Earth once and there's probably nothing after this; we need to have fun! devil

Nazgulinthedark
i hate people who are overly nice, they get on my nerves

adelina20
i want some phothos with linkin park. please give me. i wiil give you something

finti
hmm no Linkin park photoes but we can give you the Watchtower

Papaumau
You mean pictures like THESE:

JUST GO HERE

Dexx
hmm..that is the quickest and most abrupt crash into offtopic-ness i've seen so far.

A4E
I did... but there were looong explanations i just wanted to read sumthin simple from sum1 here...

A4E
lol!

yerssot
you gotta do something for info wink

BackFire
I used to have Johova's witnesses next door to me, every weekend they'd go around and advertise their religion to the neighborhood. It seemed pretty stupid to me at the time, but now that I'm older...it still seems stupid.

amity75
Didn't the founder of the jehovah's biscuits get put in jail for some kind of fraudulant crime?

A4E
lol... wow.. so what Ive learned from here...

they look stupid (backfire)
everything is forbidden (tex)
they r nice ppl (tex)
thats pretty much it... keep up the good work! stick out tongue

KidRock
Damn Jahovas come knocking on our door (and everyone elses in the neighborhood) pissing us off at random hours of the day. I swear if they knock on my door at 10 in the morning while im still sleeping on the weekend...they better have a knife hidden in there bible becuse we might just have to engage in some hand to hand violence on the front lawn. (jk of course)

Line
the material they hand out always have such nice drawings though ... children padding lions and stuff. good colours too.

amity75
They always send the good looking chick to your door first so you answer it and then the fat old guy in the suit jumps out from round the corner with the sales pitch.

Papaumau
I LOVE asking those guys in the clones suits into my home as I LOVE discussing religion with them !

I am a confirmed atheist......and by the time they go out they are bound to be wondering what the hell they are doing for a living !

Usually very nice people though !

Zanthor
My sister was a witness for a few years. If you like people telling you what to do and what to believe then this is the one for you. She is very happy to be out. She thinks of it to be more of a cult then a religion.

My wife was a religion minor in college and loves talking to these guys that come to the door. They don't expect people to have a handle on the bible. She ummm rips them apart with their own words. She even had an elder stop one time and he didn't get too far. We are now a house that they don't stop at. Seems the word got out... smile

She talks to the Mormon all the time too. They're a hoot!

If anyone out there is in any of these "religions" please don't take offense. Just because I don't believe doesn't mean you're wrong. We're probably all wrong. Maybe dogs rule the universe?!

Unicor777
Jehova Witnessess, are the nicest and best religion group I have ever met. Although I haven't met many. I also had a violent attitudetowards them because of knocking at the door elarly in the mornings. But for sure they have some qualities that our modern world is missing, like: moddesty, compassion, honesty, and strong beleive. They are the strongest beleivers in the world, you can expect evrything from them except to cheat you, manipulate you, but it takes courage and strenght of the spirit to join them, because:

1. They don't swear
2. They don't revange
3. They don't smoke ciggaretes
4. They don't cheat
5. They don't lie
6. They don't have ambition for career (they consider it slavery)
7. They have very good knowledge of the bible,a s oif everyone there was going at faculty=theological

and many many more ...

Papaumau
Yeah.........

All the disadvantages of robots with none of the advantages !

Nice people....yes....but religious zealots nevertheless.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.