Johnny Depp (Or Anyone The Heck Else) For Sirius Black

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
Sign here

eezy45
wont work, the movie's 75% finished sad

eezy45
((hi phoe stick out tongue))

Phoenix
((eh oh))

I know, but it makes our feelings known!

big grin

eezy45
yea, you possibly are right.
signing...stick out tongue

Phoenix
big grin

WaDe_N_sPaRrOw
maybe the next movie if they get enough feedback,,, johnny depp 4 sirius DEFINATLY!!!!! go JD

hhhhr
although i like johnny.i wouldn't want him as sirius. he has life in his eyes.and it doesn't matter how they would use makeup, he would never resemble sirius's tired face. and he is too young to get the feelings of his role. he is too happy

hana_skywalker
Hey! I like Gary Oldman, I think he will be a great Sirius in the movie. Johnny Depp doesn't suit for the role, he's too young.

Kitoky
Yeah love Johnny, I would hate him as Sirius. sad

Phoenix
too young? Johnny *is* over forty you know, about the age Sirius should be!

And JK clearly states that, under the grime and the depression and stuff, his youth and good looks do shine through...

Kitoky
Sirius has also describes that Sirius was once handsome and Gary Oldman clearly goes with that. I don't really think Johnny would be a good role in that, I'm sorry. sad

Joy2dWorld
yeah, and can you imagine Johnny "Sirius" Depp falling into that veil & disappearing?! there's gonna be more people "Siriusly in denial" - Padfoot Lives!

crazy_c
I think johnny would make a great sirius black

LoneWolf
I don't think Johnny would suit Sirius's character... rolleyes1 I think he's a great actor and all that but for me he wouldn't make a good Sirius no2

Kitoky
Another thing, I don't think we want more Harry Potter 'fans' because of Johnny Depp.

Amy Black
Merlin's beard, I also thought that JD would be a good Sirius! Think about the long hair, the mysterious look. It's a pity that he's American, and we know the rule: "No Americans allowed". I don't think that was a stupid idea, I think that is the best thing that could have ever happened to a movie. And we already have Gary Oldman, and I think he will be the greatest Sirius we can ever imagine.

Phoenix
Well, its not necessarily no americans allowed, but they do need to be able to appear British, or at least European, which Johnny Depp does very well.

After all, Zoe Wanamaker is not british, and so are some others if I can be bothered to go and find 'em... wink

*Danii*
I LOVE JOHNNY!!!!!!!!!!

(I might have accidently signed that more than once. . . .oops)

Kitoky
I can see Johnny as a younger Sirius but not Sirius himself. Maybe a flashback Sirius.

mouth
i always pictured sirius to look like johnny
s a shame the movie's already done..

Kitoky
I think the reason why they didn't want many American actors is because they didn't know if they could immitate a deep British Accent which is accential. I mean Julia Roberts with the mock british accent was like *gag*

*Danii*
Yeah, but in Peter Pan, Jeremy Sumpter didn't do a British accent, and I never even noticed.
I think they could have got Orlando Bloom for Sirius because he has
1.The accent.
2.The looks
3.Hes a great actor
4.He would attract a bigger audience.
But they've started filming, so that sucks!

shanie623
As much as I love and adore Johnny Depp because he is such a great and awesome actor, I still don't agree that he'd be better for the part of Sirius than the actor who got the part already. It would just make me cringe seeing him in a HP movie.

If he was Sirius Black in the movies, I'd be like "whoa, how'd the pirate go there? and where's orlando bloom?.. oh i forgot, it's legolas..." lol

mouth
ORLANDO AS SIRIUS?
ERM.. i dunno
orlando's too young and got that innocent 'cleaness' to him..
johnny's naturally a bad boy..

Amy Black
If Johnny Depp played Sirius, I would faint everytime he appears.

eezy45
well i think he fits the role greatly

tigress
i lurve oldman did you see him in dracula, when he had the long dark hair he looks hot in that and its nice to see him play a hero instead of a villan for a change hes gonna b hot especially if he does ootp movie he,look even hotter

RonzMyBoy
I think they should have gotten Aragon (Strider) from Lord of the Rings to play Sirius. I agree that that Oldman shouldn't have gotten the part, but I really don't think I could take seeing Scelortor I mean Johnny Depp as Sirius either.

tassie
johnny as sirius? yes yes yes yesss, he'd be better than that gary oldman
orlando as sirius? hell no, too young

jennyanderson
Het guess what, this guy was suppose to play Sirius Black, his name is Michael Praed and he is British and he is nearing his 40, but for some highly stupid reason the people at WB chose Garry Oldman instead.
if the picture dosent work, go to the google search engine, then go to the image section type in the name Michael praed and click

http://ce.et.tundrft~tirza/RoS/images/timescreen15.jpg

hhhhr
Oldman is much better than micheal praed,

jennyanderson
Here is the picture that I wanted to show you guys earlier.http:/ce.et.tudelft.nt/tirza/RoS/images/timescreen15.jpg

jennyanderson
Oh shit, why on earth the thing wont work?

tigress
whos micheal praed wots he been in i dont get out much iam a full time mum : confused

tigress
what have you got against gary oldman anyway

Kitoky
Uh.....Orlando as Johnny? ORLANDO AS JOHNNY? That movie would suck.

Why Gary Oldman is better then Orlando Bloom-
1. He's got more experience as an actor.
2. He fits the descriptions.
3. Orlando needs more experience as an actor and more adapted to more of his characters.
and 4. No.

tigress
thats how i feel to gary is d man smokin'

Tonks
I could not think of Johnny Falling into the Veil sad

Tonks
yah he does fit the part. and Johnny is 40 eek!

Tonks
is this the Michael Praed that you are talking about?

Tonks
i wanted Jim Cavezeil to play the part as Sirius!

tigress
omg tonks hes hot i think iam a convert away from gary to micheal

Tonks
You think that Michael is hot? well he is kinda. and he plays in some Robbin Hood movies i think cause the sight that i got that pic from was like robbin of sherwood or somthing.

tigress
yeah iam 25 yrs old u know big grin i cant exactly think like that about the trio can i i know they are good looking kids but i need to think about adult actors know what i mean

Tonks
yah i guess so. so go for him all the way i support you!

tigress
cheers tonks

Amy Black
We all know that Gary Oldman has been chosen for playing Sirius, so it's no use crying over spilt potion. We should be happy about that!

midtownchick
I think JD would have been a good Lupin, tho.

thelotrlovr15
I would like it if they do not change the actors they have already... that way you don't have the same effect as with dumbledore... I mean keep the people they already have...

Amy Black
In my opinion, they found the best Lupin. I can't imagine better Lupin than David Thewlis. He's perfect! in_love

tassie
eek! Yesterday i met the most perfect man to play Sirius! He looked almost exactly like i pictured Sirius to be!! And he even acted kinda like Sirius would yes I met him while i was out, and we kinda talked a little big grin he's really cool

It's too bad he'd never get the opportunity to get the part sad

celestial_moon
i imagined sirius hot but gary oldman's ugly in my opinion. he's cool nut ugly.

mouth
WOW.. if only i could have hair like Michael.. love the mullet!! SEX-Y!..

i always pictured sirius to be hot!! and young, like 33 or summat! but oldman's well.. OLD!! and not hot.. maybe they can use depp as a young sirius!! in flashbacks!

Kitoky
Now that I think about it I don't mind Johnny Depp playing Mundungus Fletcher...wink

celestial_moon
omg, that would b awesome! does he have a good british accent?

BlackHatDefect
Yes,......Jhonny Depp would have been perfect

~*~Tassie~*~
bumping..

Now that we've all seen PoA, what do you guys think of Gary Oldman? smile

Personally, he wasn't as I'd expected.. I didn't really like the idea of him being cast, but he acted the role rather well, actually

twigNig
They were lucky to have had Gary Oldman in the movie. He is an incredibly talented actor. I would never consider anyone different for the role, and I was actually way more excited to see the movie after I found out he was playing Black. Even though Oldman usually plays darker and more complicated roles.

And what's with everyone having to be hot to be in a Harry Potter movie? What ever happened to good 'ol talent? I'm insulted that people would actually choose looks over talent.

Laviera_j
I love Gary Oldman. I was aprehensive about his playing Sirius, as Sirius is such a well-loved character, and JK described him to such detail that it would be impossible for anyone to fulfill the role to satisfaction.

I am glad now that I have seen GO in the role that they have him. He made it real. Who knows how they are going to clean him up for movie 4?

I do thik he is a little short though, and soon Daniel will be his height (lol!) but that is a minor detail.

The movies was still enjoyable to watch.

However, if I were to choose a replacement, I would choose......Johnny Depp or possible Brandon Lee had he been alive. sad

APirateMonkey
I think he played him well coz he kinda did the slightly crazy side of Sirius well big grin

el-pirate
i have'n't seen the movie (don't really want to as well) but wasn't sirius supposed to look skeleton like..... with hair till his elbows, and you could only see he was alive in the picture, because he blinked sometimes..... i saw a preview from the movie, and he was screaming and going crazy in the picture! can't they keep a bit more to the books!! and i think johnny would be very good for this! you can make everyone look scary, even him, he is the best actor ever, and even when you make him look scary, you can still see he looked handsome once! wasn't that what sirius was supposed to be!!! (sorry, long story again)

APirateMonkey
laughing *shrugs* Yep big grin

Lianslo
i just thought Sirius was supposed to be a bit younger looking...and perhaps a bit more attractive? embarrasment

el-pirate

twigNig
The movie didn't really keep to the book overall so what's the point? Anyway, I love Johnny but he's too good looking for the part. And in the book when they said he was handsome once, I took it as not hot, but just more normal looking. I think it would make more sense for Sirius not to look so young because how are you supposed to look after 12 years in Akaban?

ArrghPirateGirl
Yep I agree Sirius has been locked up in Azkaban 4 12 years so he aint meant 2 b good lookin big grin

el-pirate
well, then johhny is not possible anymore! wink , but you can make someone look scary, and then in flashbacks he could be handsome again!!

twigNig
Exactly, so uh.. what's the point of this thread continuing again? Oh that's right, what we thought of Sirius now that the movie's come out. Well I think he was great.

Scar
lol.. and some r thnkin abt having depp or pitt as bill stick out tongue

ladygrim
hmmm

ArrghPirateGirl
laughing

ladygrim
smile

yelp
i think the guy from lord of the rings should play sirius

u know the guy with long black hair (he is the king in Retur of The king)

yelp
also i think it sux that she didnt made the no american rule

MaxCarnage
I preferred Gary Oldman for Sirius. The one problem was those stupid tattoos on his chest. Where were those in the book??

Johnny Depp is too much a pretty boy for Black. He'd work as a student how young he looks for his age. Or atleast on of the quidditch players in the tourny (forgot the main quidditch guys name XD)

MaxCarnage
Viggo Mortensen?

ladygrim
i dont ...

RoguePw25
Seeing as we all know who plays Sirius. .. . .I'm cleaning things up a bit.

Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.