Death Star or Star Forge?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath

Morridini
Um, never heard of the Star Forge. Where can I read about it, and what does it actualy do? I was going to sugest the Sun Crusher untill I saw that u had allready thought of it. So why can't u add ot to the poll, it's got my vote.

Morgoths_Wrath
The Star Forge was in the game Knights of the Old Republic, and you can get more info on it at the starwars.com databank

http://www.starwars.com/databank/technology/starforge/

or just do a search i'm sure something will come up. And as for the Sun Crusher, if i put that in the poll there wouldnt be any votes for the Death Star (I'm assuming). I made this poll to be pretty much a one-or-the-other type of deal.

Morridini
Ok. I am planing on getting the game so I will probably get some more knowledge on it.

And by the way. What was The Eye of Palpatine? I read about it in the NJO books.

StinkFist462
star forge pwns :-p

Morridini
I just finished KOTOR, and I must say that the Star forge is way better then the Death Star.

Lord Ryugen
Got to go with the Star Forge. It could overwhelm the Death Star with ships

Sesse
Deathstar could blast the forge away...

Even the crippled fleet of the old republic managed to fight against it for some time...

Lord Ryugen
Good point. But with enough ships around it the Death Star wouldn't be able to reach it.

Master Revan
yea he has a point but for who can't see the picture here it is

Morridini
There is one big drawback with the Death star. It can only be at one place at a time, while the Star Forge can send it's ships whereever it wants.

Xanatos
um............As crazy as it sounds the death star can not only move it can do lightspeed.

Morgoths_Wrath
Most impressive...

darthbabb
anything mentioned in the star wars games is jus stupid to me.

Morridini
Why is that so?
And the Star Forge was much more then just mentioned. It was shown, and used to it's full.

darthbabb
because lucas usually has nothing to do with them, thats why just what i think though.

Morridini
Well that's how it is with all EU.

darthbabb
Not true he does approve some of it and i just dislike the games everything else eu rocks!!!!!!!

Darth JLRTENJAC
Star forge... DUH!

Tangible God
Originally posted by darthbabb
Not true he does approve some of it and i just dislike the games everything else eu rocks!!!!!!! I hope you are discluding NJO from your ROCKS statement.

Veneficus
Originally posted by Tangible God
I hope you are discluding NJO from your ROCKS statement.

Here here!

Tangible God
The Star Forge could produce endless ships--yeah.

But the Death Star would have to fire only once to take the SF out.

Not to mention, the Ships have to have their crew put on board, fired up, launched, and actually take the time to destroy the Death Star which by all acounts appears bigger than the SF. In that time, the Death Star would have blown the SF to Smitherines about 5 times.

Lord Janus
The Star Forge could produce endless ships--yeah.

But the Death Star would have to fire only once to take the SF out.

Not to mention, the Ships have to have their crew put on board, fired up, launched, and actually take the time to destroy the Death Star which by all acounts appears bigger than the SF. In that time, the Death Star would have blown the SF to Smitherines about 5 times.

Uh, actually... The Death Star has a cooling time in between shots that ranges from a full day (The original) to several hours (the second incarnation, as seen over Endor).

We have no idea how quickly the Star Forge can manufacture ships. To be bloody honest, we have no idea just what else it can manufacture, although ships, weapons, armor, and droids are visible. That screen that put the Ebon Hawk out of space was also part of the Star Forge's defenses. If I reasoned as you do, I could say that the Star Forge could create a single ship manned with a few droids and launch it at the Death Star. The first DS would be useless if the ship collided with the disc from which the shots are fired. The second DS would be trickier to destroy. Perhaps taking much more. But the point is, unless you start this off "Star Forge floats helpless in space with no ships at all, versus the Death Star II in firing range" the potential advantage goes to the Star Forge. The DS only wins when it has no disadvantages to overcome, such as distance, defense, etc.

Tangible God
I wasn't serious about the 5 times thing. I know both DS's firing rate.

But the SF isn't a planet, its metal, it is clearly more "explodable" than a planet. So I doubt neither Death Star would need a fully charged shot.

It blew up Alderaan from quite a distance.

And this topic isn't called "Death Star or Star Forge.(which is floating amongst all the ships it produces)"

And, going by the movies, the Death Star takes at MOST 20 seconds to fire a round off. That's just not enough time for the Star Forge to make a ship, man it (OR droid it), launch it, and actually fly it over to the key point on the dish.

Fishy
So the Death Star starts in firing range of the Star Forge?

In that case the Star Forge is screwed, however its very possible that the Star Forge shields spread further then the firing range of the Death Star. Afterall there wasn't a republic or sith ship that could fire on the Star Forge when the shields were up and the shields had to be quite large. If thats the case the DS is going to be screwed and unable to move and fire.. I have a feeling the SF is going to win then.

If the shield isn't big enough we still don't know how it works, it could very well block attacks and stop all electronics when ships near it. Meaning that it could possibly block the attack the Death Star launches. It wouldn't surprise me much if it would do something like that, I have no proof for it but it wouldn't surprise me. Besides a shield like that would also protect the Rakatan home world, which seems to be in the range of the SF shields.

So that leaves what exactly? A possibility that the DS can fire further then the SF shields can reach and a possibility that the attack will penetrate the shields and hit the SF... I don't think the DS range is great enough the Ratakan weren't stupid they would have made the shield as big as they could. They wouldn't want anybody or anything to attack them. It housed an entire fleet inside when the Republic attacked.

If the DS can fire outside of the SF shields however then the SF is going down. But only when they start out in the same system and when the DS can do that. If it can't get close enough without meeting those shields, or if they don't start in the same system then the Star Forge will without any doubt win.

Dark Nemesis
eh, either way. If you make the DS within firing range and the Star Forge without ships, this is a stupidly overkill thread.

Fishy
Not if the SF shields take down the DS.

Julie
Star Forge pumped out ship after ship.....the threat could spread more than the Death stars

Dark Nemesis
Originally posted by Fishy
Not if the SF shields take down the DS.

Well, the Death Star's range could literally be infinite since the beam can't be stopped by most things. The planetary shields of Alderaan lasted something like a twentieth of a second. But in the case of the Yavin base, the Death Star had to close to less than 500,000 KM to snap off a clear shot. For some reason or another (I'm guessing dramatics) the Death Star didn't shoot right through the gas giant. Do we have any idea that the Star Forge's disruption field reaches at least 500,00 km?

Julie
I don't know....but Star Forge is more versatile a weapon than the Death Star so it's got a better chance overall

Fishy
Originally posted by Dark Nemesis
Well, the Death Star's range could literally be infinite since the beam can't be stopped by most things. The planetary shields of Alderaan lasted something like a twentieth of a second. But in the case of the Yavin base, the Death Star had to close to less than 500,000 KM to snap off a clear shot. For some reason or another (I'm guessing dramatics) the Death Star didn't shoot right through the gas giant. Do we have any idea that the Star Forge's disruption field reaches at least 500,00 km?

No... Its hard to guess the distance between the Star Forge and the Rakatan planet. But we can make some assumptions at least. The planet is livable but still within the reach of the SF shields. Now the distance between earth and the sun is at least 146 million kilometers at max 152 million kilometers. Thats a difference of 6 million kilometers.

Now the Rakatan planet seems simmiliar to earth in many aspects, so we can assume that its at least the same distance but even if it isn't. The planet closest to the sun is still 46 million kilometers away and thats to hot to live in. Now it could be that the star is smaller but looking at those facts its very reasonable to assume that the Star Forge and the Rakatan homeworld are at least a few million kilometers away from each other. At the best of times. You can easily add another 2 to 6 million kilometers in another season.

500.000 KM doesn't seem like that much anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if the shield has that distance at all.

Tangible God
I think the shield is overrated too, it took down some Old Republic capitol ships, but who's to say it can actually take out a space station that's 160 km wide and has anotger 4000 years of advancement to it.

We don't what either would be capable of doing in this situation, since it has never been done.

Revan XII
Ill go with the star forge it has infinite dark power and as long its running it gets stronger and its also 5x bigger than the death star.

Tangible God
I hate guys like you.

Revan XII
why?

Fishy
I think the shield is overrated too, it took down some Old Republic capitol ships, but who's to say it can actually take out a space station that's 160 km wide and has anotger 4000 years of advancement to it.

We don't what either would be capable of doing in this situation, since it has never been done.

It shut down the board computers... What does it matter on what kind of ship it is? The Death Star doesn't have the codes the shield won't go down the SF will bring the thing down will stop it from being able to fly or shoot. Thats all its supposed to do there is no reason to assume that the DS could withstand a shield like that. No reason at all.

Dark Nemesis

Actually, it took ships out of the air (Or space if you will) that operated on the same principles as PT era and OT era ships. UNless there is some new shielding that is included in the package Death Star deal, there's nother to say it wouldn't have adverse affects in those conditions.

overlord
Originally posted by Revan XII
why?

He hates himself too.

Tangible God
It shut down the board computers... What does it matter on what kind of ship it is? The Death Star doesn't have the codes the shield won't go down the SF will bring the thing down will stop it from being able to fly or shoot. Thats all its supposed to do there is no reason to assume that the DS could withstand a shield like that. No reason at all. I can argue till I'm blue in the fingers but there's just too many What If scenarios in this for it to be resolved either way.

birthoftheforce
star forge all of the way. look at the fleet it can produce.

Tangible God
Originally posted by birthoftheforce
star forge all of the way. look at the fleet it can produce. And that fleet is just gonna manifest itself out of nowhere?

Dark Nemesis
Yeah, you didn't know about that? The Star Forge has NPC powers.

Tangible God
WOW!

Whats NPC?

overlord
WOW!

Whats NPC?

NPC means the cool tangerine god!!

Dark Nemesis
NPC = Non PLayer Character.

Like all those other characters in games that get into impossible areas or clear out a room without reloading. THOSE kind of powers.

overlord
Jesus, even the retarded overlord knows what an NPC means..

*laughing at the tangerine god although he was probably kidding*

Tangible God
It's Tropicana you dumbass!

JediMusician
My vote goes for the Death Star, first OR second. If assaulting the firing dish area of the DS was a viable option, the Rebellion would have done that, as it sounds far easier. The DS only needs one shot to take out the Star Forge, and its range isn't as limited as 500,000 km. You can't shoot through a planet. If the first DS had just blown Yavin out of the way, who knows how big the effects of the explosion might have been. Yavin was a gas giant. Imagine shooting Jupiter with a superlaser; we might have a binary star system afterwards!
But the Star Forge could take out the first DS with a well placed shot from a fighter it produces, you might say.
No. Remember: "The target area is two meters wide." "No computer can hit that!"
The Star Forge can only produce computer targeting systems, and not Force-enhanced organic ones.
Not even a fleet of ships could stop the DS, so by the time the DS gets to the SF, yes the SF would have produced a fleet, but the DS could destroy it. Or, unless the fleet is so densely packed that the SF cannot be seen, just take out the SF with the first shot.

Long story short: Death Star owns Star Forge.

Nai Fohl
Erm...the Death Star is going to win this.

a)
There is nothing in space that will stop the beam of the Death Star so technically it's range is quite unlimited unless you have another planet or a black hole in the way.

b)
The reason they didn't blow Yavin out of the way (not mentioning the possible result of that action and the fact that they might not be able to do that) is that the Death Star would have needed another day of time recharging before being able to destroy Yavin IV in that case and thereby the would have needed more time to destroy Yavin IV then flying around Yavin took them.

c)
The Ebon Hawk (as far as I remember) was flying around for some time around the Star Forge before crashing on the planet. So I guess even if the shield around the SF is reaaaaally large and the Death Star is within that shield range they might still be able to shoot once before crashing - so in the worst case the SF and the DS are both gonna be destroyed.

Thinking about the fact that the DS has nearly unlimited range it will most likely be able to blow the SF away without being affected by the shield. So the DS wins here.

Nactous
I believe thae Star Forge is winning now, didnt think I would hear that from you Fohl.

Tangible God
How's it winning?

Revan X
what if the death Star uses the super laser on the star forge?

Tangible God
Yeah, that's what the whole debate's about.

Darth Somebody
Well, if they battled - the Death Star would win.

But if I had an option as to which one I would have in my employ, I would prefer the Star Forge. The Death Star is undeniably stronger in terms of firepower - but the Star Forge can create massive and strong fleets.

Nactous
How's it winning?
It's DS 8, SF 18

Dimmimar
It all depends how far away from the Death Star the Star Forge is.

Nactous
Dimmimar, that is an awesome sig.

Dimmimar
Cheers, Janus did a great job with it.

Fishy
Originally posted by Nai Fohl

c)
The Ebon Hawk (as far as I remember) was flying around for some time around the Star Forge before crashing on the planet. So I guess even if the shield around the SF is reaaaaally large and the Death Star is within that shield range they might still be able to shoot once before crashing - so in the worst case the SF and the DS are both gonna be destroyed.

On this, the Ebon Hawk was going down... Carth just managed to use a steer to pilot it to the unkown world... He didn't have control of his ship anymore, kinda like driving a car thats goes 200 miles where nothing but the steer works... I doubt the Death Star would still be able fo fly without its board computers and I very much doubt its ability to shoot.

Darth Koroni
Okay, physics leson time! Light, while being a form of energy and thus having no mass, is affected by gravity, so along the way there is a high chance of it missing, second the Death Star can't fire multiple times in a row, so if it misses the first shot it's doomed.

Fishy
Okay Star Wars lesson time! Death Star hasn't missed once yet, even when firing at ships from a large distance... Apparantly laws of physics don't apply to Star Wars. Just like space has gravity and sound and all that crap. SW universe just works in a different way.

Darth Koroni
Okay Star Wars lesson time! Death Star hasn't missed once yet, even when firing at ships from a large distance... Apparantly laws of physics don't apply to Star Wars. Just like space has gravity and sound and all that crap. SW universe just works in a different way.

And don't forget ships going faster than the speed of light! But, seriously, when has the Death Star fired at a large ship with anything besides it's defense turrents? And it's very hard to miss a planet, now an orbiting space station, with a powerful shield would be easy to miss.

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Darth Koroni
And don't forget ships going faster than the speed of light! But, seriously, when has the Death Star fired at a large ship with anything besides it's defense turrents? And it's very hard to miss a planet, now an orbiting space station, with a powerful shield would be easy to miss.

They fired down ships with the Death Star in ROTJ. Since the SF is bigger than those they would be able to hit it too.
And for your "gravity affects light" comment - yes...right. But I doubt that if there isn't enough gravity to pull the Star Forge somewhere there isn't enough gravity to make a lightbeam charged up with massive amounts of energy miss a target with the size of the Star Forge.

Tangible God
Damn strsight Nai, it'd take an artificial gravity well with the power of a black hole to suck in light......as far as we know anyway.

Star Forge is WAY too big for the Death Star to miss. It would take too long for the Star Forge's shield-a-mergigger to take down the whole station, and no fleet(or ship) could be produced, manned, started up, and flown to the Death Star's rumoured "weak spot" on the dish.

In conclusion, if the Star Forge sees the Death Star approaching, it is f*cked.

Darth Koroni
They fired down ships with the Death Star in ROTJ. Since the SF is bigger than those they would be able to hit it too.
And for your "gravity affects light" comment - yes...right. But I doubt that if there isn't enough gravity to pull the Star Forge somewhere there isn't enough gravity to make a lightbeam charged up with massive amounts of energy miss a target with the size of the Star Forge.

Uhh.. With the main lasers? Second, the gravity would bend the path of the light, and third, the Star Forge is much smaller than Rakata itself.

Fishy
The Star Forge is a huge factory, don't forget it can produce many capitol ships at once... They have to fit in there. The Star Forge has a lot of floors and is visible from a very large distance..

Tangible, if the DS gets in the range of the shields of the SF then its screwed, it won't be able to fly anymore and it won't be able to fire anymore. There is no reason to assume that it would take longer to shut down the DS then any other ship... It still just one huge computer controlled space station. the SF shields will knock it out, if it gets in reach.

Tangible God
There is also no reason to believe that the shielding would take effect right away, the Ebon Hawk fought of a Sith patrol AFTER about a minute of lingering in space.

Actually answer this. WHY couldn't the Death Star last as long? WHY would take effect right away?

Nactous
Face it all, SF wins.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Nactous
Face it all, SF wins. Lol, the Hell?

Veneficus
Originally posted by Nactous
Face it all, SF wins.

Face it all, That 70s Show wins.

Fishy
There is also no reason to believe that the shielding would take effect right away, the Ebon Hawk fought of a Sith patrol AFTER about a minute of lingering in space.

Actually answer this. WHY couldn't the Death Star last as long? WHY would take effect right away?

The Ebon Hawk fought that patrol outside of the shield. When they came closer to the shield the engine was immediately shut down. How the hell they managd to still fly to the planet is unknown to me, but its just a stupid SW thing that happens a lot.

Deus Ex
Let's go with this:

One's a factory, the other is a space station made to be a planet destroyer.

Is this really an even decent fight? Hell no. Be reasonable. If you're gonna maim the Star Forge (omfg, it can't make ships and it can't do this and there isn't anyone on board and there's no force, blah blah) then take away the Death Star's superweapon and just have them ram each other full force. Anything else is unbalanced and stupid.

This is like a tractor versus an airplane in a race; two totally different methods of function and purpose, one lopsided goal.

Tangible God
That's true.

Tangible God
The Ebon Hawk fought that patrol outside of the shield. When they came closer to the shield the engine was immediately shut down. How the hell they managd to still fly to the planet is unknown to me, but its just a stupid SW thing that happens a lot. And what if the DS were outside the shield huh? The superlaser can still hit it from there.

Fishy
And what if the DS were outside the shield huh? The superlaser can still hit it from there.

That was my entire point... Can it really do that? If it can SF screwed if not DS screwed.

Of course thats only because the damn DS starts out in the same system so really its not a fair fight to begin with.

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Darth Koroni
Uhh.. With the main lasers? Second, the gravity would bend the path of the light, and third, the Star Forge is much smaller than Rakata itself.

a)
Yes. With the main laser.

b)
Oh yes. To what degree do you think would the gravity (where ever it comes from) would bend the light ? It's not that you would have a bow of light shooting out of the Death Star.

In fact there isn't enough gravity anywhere to bend the light to such an degree that it would miss the SF. So you can take that argument and throw it away...

c)
As I said they did shoot SHIPS with the main laser in ROTJ so there would be no problem to hit a space station that PRODUCES ships.

Fishy
Nai is right, if the DS can take a shot it will destroy the SF...

Nai Fohl
Nai is right, if the DS can take a shot it will destroy the SF...

Well...why shouldn't the DS be able to take a shot ?
Have a look at how close the Ebon Hawk is to the SF when it is affected by the shield - that is MUCH closer than DS range would be.

Fishy
Well...why shouldn't the DS be able to take a shot ?
Have a look at how close the Ebon Hawk is to the SF when it is affected by the shield - that is MUCH closer than DS range would be.

Appears to be yes... But I made a post about this a few pages back.. Janus said something about the DS range being 500.000 miles... DS shields seems to hide the Unknown World too, which would logically be at least a few million miles away from the SF.. Besides the SF is huge, its not strange that it can be seen from far away.

I'm not quite sure on how big the SF shield is, maybe its bigger then the range of the DS... Maybe its not.

Nai Fohl
Appears to be yes... But I made a post about this a few pages back.. Janus said something about the DS range being 500.000 miles... DS shields seems to hide the Unknown World too, which would logically be at least a few million miles away from the SF.. Besides the SF is huge, its not strange that it can be seen from far away.

I'm not quite sure on how big the SF shield is, maybe its bigger then the range of the DS... Maybe its not.

a)
The DS range is by all rules of physics unlimited unless you have some real huge gravity field or something compareable (black hole, planet) in the way.

b)
The shield doesn't affect the world itself. It's more likely like the DS shield in ROTJ (only a small shield from Endor's surface to the DS and than shield around the entire DS). Why would somebody waste energy with creating such a field that affects the entire star system (nearly) when you only have to protect the SF from ships moving in firing range (which would be less range than the DS has).

c)
You can see the SF nearly filling the entire cockpit window before the shield was affecting the Ebon Hawk so they had to be quite close to the SF.

Fishy
A.) If thats the case then why did the Death Star come so close to Yavin before firing. They could have done it faster or better. The DS range is not unlimited, it should be but its not.

B) Unlike Endor and the second DS, the SF and the Unknown world depend on each other. The Unknown world is the homeplanet of hte Rakatan, and damn important for them. Its only natural that you would protect yourr two greatest assets from destruction instead of only one.

C) The thing was visible near a freaking star from a huge distance. The SF is HUGE. It filling a Window means nothing to me. Besides in the last battle you can see the Republic capitol ships firing at the Star Forge. They fire at a small part of the Star Forge, and they look small compared to that. When you see the entire SF they hardly appear anymore. So what does this mean? The thing is incredibly big.

Tangible God
A.) If thats the case then why did the Death Star come so close to Yavin before firing. They could have done it faster or better. The DS range is not unlimited, it should be but its not. Really the only answer to that is a movie technicality...they needed to buy time for the rebels to attack, if they took the DS out right before it was going to destroy Yavin like 2 minutes into the scene then it would be a pretty crappy movie.

Either that or the DS came out of Hyperspace on the wrong side of the planet in their haste to get the rebels.

Nai Fohl
A.) If thats the case then why did the Death Star come so close to Yavin before firing. They could have done it faster or better. The DS range is not unlimited, it should be but its not.

They didn't fly close to Yavin 4 they did fly around Yavin because that planet was in their line of fire. I don't know if they COULD have shot from far more distance if they had entered the Yavin system from another direction. But I don't think the DS has a max. range of 500,000 miles. A Star Destroyer can attack the surface of a planet from a geostationary orbit (something like 20,000 miles from the surface) and the DS has MUCH more firepower compared to that.

Why wouldn't you use 2 shields in this case ? And in case this is only one shield it would be like a corridor in space between the Rakatan world and the SF with the perimeter of the Rakatan world which also can be easily avoided.

The Republics ships aren't really "big". Watch the "Harbinger" in KotoR II at Peragus.
And I was just talking about "distance" here. If the moved near enough that the SF filled the window before being affected by the shield around the SF they have to be FAR closer than 500,000 miles to that thing unless you want to tell me that this thing is bigger than a planet.

Fishy
I don't know if it is.. Probably not, and your right those ships are probably not that big but they are still pretty big and there has to be room to grow. I just don't know enough about to the shield but I have to say its far more likely that the DS will win in this incredibly biased unfair situation.

Deus Ex
This thread is already pointless. Let's not seek to make it a big pile of speculation and back 'n' forth. The Star Forge is not a proper match up to the Death Star. If anything, a better match up would be other superweapons and planet devastors/destroyers, not an immobile factory.

LordJaundice
You have to realize that the Star Forge was created by an ancient race, only referred to as "The Builders" that spoke an odd form of Selkath, and the fact that a building that advanced was built before the republic was even formed is awe-inspiring. Yes the death star fires an enormous powerful beam, but the Star Forge has a force field around it which repels any attack, and also shuts down all electronical systems in its area, so if the death star even tried to attack it, it would merely repel the attack and begin construction of more ships. But you have to remember, the star forge doesnt JUST make ships, it can make droids, and even weapons and troops, so its not only making ships, but the crew of those ships, and when the starforge is operating at 200 percent, then there is no way the Death star would survive, the massive fleet would envelop the death star and wipe it from the face of the galaxy.

Ganner Rhysode
Originally posted by Darth Somebody
Well, if they battled - the Death Star would win.

But if I had an option as to which one I would have in my employ, I would prefer the Star Forge. The Death Star is undeniably stronger in terms of firepower - but the Star Forge can create massive and strong fleets.

Tangible God
Originally posted by LordJaundice
You have to realize that the Star Forge was created by an ancient race, only referred to as "The Builders" that spoke an odd form of Selkath, and the fact that a building that advanced was built before the republic was even formed is awe-inspiring. Yes the death star fires an enormous powerful beam, but the Star Forge has a force field around it which repels any attack, and also shuts down all electronical systems in its area, so if the death star even tried to attack it, it would merely repel the attack and begin construction of more ships. But you have to remember, the star forge doesnt JUST make ships, it can make droids, and even weapons and troops, so its not only making ships, but the crew of those ships, and when the starforge is operating at 200 percent, then there is no way the Death star would survive, the massive fleet would envelop the death star and wipe it from the face of the galaxy. Have you read the other posts so far?

The SF did NOT create men, or troops, just ships, snubfighters and droids. The Rakata did NOT speak Selkath, they had their own language, but had to understand the language of their slaves, which the Selkath were.

The Death Star only needs roughly 20 seconds to fire, and could fire outside of the shield and still destroy the SF. The Ebon Hawk was floating much closer than the DS would need to be in order to fire. And the Ebon hawk took out a Sith patrol and floated around for another minute before that, all BEFORE the shield took effect.

That same shield does not REPEL fire, much less the Death Star's firepower, it only shuts down electronic systems, and again, it seems to take a few moments to take effect, even at the close range that the Ebon hawk was.

And it would take time, even for the Star Forge, to produce the ships, man them, launch them, and actually take the time it would take to destroy the Death Star.

Darth_Malazia
There is one problem the Deathstar and all of the ships would be stopped by that force field the star forge has, the Deathstar would have to get in range

Darth_Malazia
Also it's STARWARS do the MotherF**king laws of physics even exist anymore?!

Tangible God
Not really, and the SF's shield/force-field, would take a while to affect the Death Star.

Look at the Ebon Hawk, took out a Sith patrol adn floated randomly for a minute beforehand, THEn the shields took affect.

Not to mention the fact that the Death Star wouldn't have to be remotely that close to the Star Forge to fire on it. One shot KO.

Deus Ex
Originally posted by Deus Ex
This thread is already pointless. Let's not seek to make it a big pile of speculation and back 'n' forth. The Star Forge is not a proper match up to the Death Star. If anything, a better match up would be other superweapons and planet devastors/destroyers, not an immobile factory.

Read that and let this thread die.

Tangible God
People keep restarting it, can't imagine why.

Deus Ex
That same sickness that makes people skip other people's posts.

Tangible God
Bastards.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.