X men Vs Mordor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

crazyspinz
Its the Xmen vs the armies of mordor....

who wins, why, how,

Maestro
I dunno it could be a close one, but if Maelstrom came to help the X-men, i think that would help tip it in their favour.

laughing laughing laughing

crazyspinz
lol ya...

crazyspinz
wow, this is the worst thread ever, i should stop making thes when im so bored

Swanky-Tuna
The X-men would have quite a bodycount on their hands.

pr1983
x-men would kick ass, cyclops wide beam, iceman freeze, colossus takes on any cave troll, wolverine, storm, do they even need phoenix?

thats if the prof hasnt mentally crippled them all by then

Thirst
just one X-Man could probably take on any army Mordor has to throw at him/her...

Mane
all Prof. X has to do is switch Cerebro to "Orc" and concentrate real hard until they all die.

Swanky-Tuna
I'd rather see Colossus plow through them all. Or Wolverine go nuts. Good god, he killed like 10 people in a row in the second movie. Hilarious.

ThaWhiteShadow
jesus, x-men of course. three relatively normal guys( Aragorn Legolas and Gimli) were able to hold thier own against Mordor, so of course a bunch of bad ass mutants will be able to.

Mane
relatively normal? Umm, try an Heir to the Throne and an Elven Prince. hardly normal people.

ThaWhiteShadow
well normal compared to the x-men i meant

Mane
ahh, i see.

crazyspinz
ya xmen would kill all, the only thing that would take for than half a sec would be the nazgul and Sauran

ThaWhiteShadow
colossus can beat the entire orc army by himself, nuthin they do can hurt him

Kontraz
yeah, x-men could beat the army.... but if sauron AND sauromon decided to lend a hand? I'd have to say it would be too close to call in my opinion.

Dizzle
Cyclops: Ok, no more orcs. Where's Frodo with that f***in ring? The big eye's a pain in the ass.
X: No Idea. The Eye appears to resist mind control... He is powerful.
(some other X-man): So... waiting is fun...
Cyclops: ...Screw this! (takes off glasses)
BOOM! No more tower, no more Sauron. Frodo gets launched into Mt. Doom from a catapult for being late.

And I disagree with the "any X Man beats mordor". Jubilee would get her ass kicked by orcs. Oh, and Xavier is like a crippled, uber powered wizard. But debatably not quite as badass. He could take Saruman.

Kontraz
saruman, maybe, but not sauron.... oh, and the black tower is kind of invincible so long as the one ring survives....

Gryn Jabar
Mordor wins if it has the ring, eventually the X-Men would get tired. Really it come down to whether or not Mordor has the ring. If they don't, then the X-Men would pwn.

mr.smiley
yes but even with the ring mordors forces were defeated.

Scoobless
Originally posted by ThaWhiteShadow
jesus, x-men of course. three relatively normal guys( Aragorn Legolas and Gimli) were able to hold thier own against Mordor, so of course a bunch of bad ass mutants will be able to.

piss off......... no fu*king way......... Mordor sent thousands upon thousands of troops to Helmsdeep and to the city fight in the third film...... and still had shitloads at the mountain....... put all of these together and we have a bunch of very dead X-Men....... even Colossus would eventually fall

mr.smiley
but yet not even one of the hobbits died?
only one fellowship member fell in the whole damn movie!

Scoobless
yeah......... but thousands of "red shirts" died......... the only way to survive one of these movies is to make sure someone important knows your name..... and even then it's iffy

mr.smiley
and only a select few fighters had what you would call superpowers.
all the xmen have powers.
even sam managed to take out a few orcs

mr.smiley
now imagine if sam would of had any of the xmens power.
he would have taken out a lot more

Scoobless
not a thousand though....... there's a hell of a lot to be said for an army working against more powerful but much fewer opponents...... i'll take the team of 40,000 over the team of 10 most times...... unless there is a hugely powerul character on the samll team but as far as i know we're tsalking about Wolverine, Cyclops, Colossus and so on at the not-exactly-staggering power level

mr.smiley
iceman was mentioned early and he could take out a huge majority of mordors forces

Gryn Jabar
Not if he got hit with the dark fire.

K3VIL
The close combat weapons of Mordor's armies like swords, spears, or that huge ram used to enter in Minas Tirith are nothing compared to Colossus metallic body.He's a low level Class 100 but compared to the orcs or trolls he's a god.He can shatter them into the ground with 1fist.
Wolverine will fall?He survive to the weapons of modern world as the hi-tech rifles of A.I.M. he was burned up alive, he was stabbed and cutted, and now you think that the uruk hai or the orcs stand a chance?How many monster has fought Logan in his life?Does the namer Wendigo remember you something?
Cyclops can just use his blast at full power while he's protected by Jeans force fields and blast the orcs.Ice Man with his actual power level can turn himself into an ice giant and stomp the enemy with ease.

Khellendros
I think they make it up to the ringwraiths. And that's assuming this is a big chunk of the entire Xmen roster, with several heavy hitters. Sauron never has to deal with them, but he does have to replace his poor orc/uruk-hai/troll armies.

pr1983
one word... polaris...

and even the nazgul would have problems, if a sword can beat em, then cyclops (a living surface to air weapon) and storm's lightning will wipe them out...

sauron doesnt actually fight... and when he did he was beaten when he lost the ring... there are at least five or six xmen who could take the ring...

Khellendros
Originally posted by pr1983
and even the nazgul would have problems, if a sword can beat em, then cyclops (a living surface to air weapon) and storm's lightning will wipe them out...

sauron doesnt actually fight... and when he did he was beaten when he lost the ring... there are at least five or six xmen who could take the ring...
All cases of magic. Magic and things imbued with magic are the only things that actually hurt a Nazgul, much less kill them. They are walking evil spirits empowered my magical rings forged by Sauron, Cyclops or Polaris or anyone else is just gonna mess up their robes.

Sauron does fight, he just got a little too cocky and concentrated most of his power into a single ring which was then cut off by a powerful magical sword. Wizards like Gandalf and Sauron are in reality the equivalent of angels or demi-gods in Tolkien's universe, and it took all the good wizards working together to drive Sauron back when he was missing his ring and disguised as a necromancer.

pr1983
Originally posted by Khellendros
All cases of magic. Magic and things imbued with magic are the only things that actually hurt a Nazgul, much less kill them. They are walking evil spirits empowered my magical rings forged by Sauron, Cyclops or Polaris or anyone else is just gonna mess up their robes.

then how come eowyn took out the witchking? she had a normal sword...

true they would need a magical sword...

Khellendros
then how come eowyn took out the witchking? she had a normal sword...
One, he had been weakened/distracted by being shanked in the "leg" by a Hobbit with a magical sword (I know that in the movies it wasn't magical, but it was in the books, damnit). Second, Eowyn was destined to kill the Witch King. She was the "no man" who could kill him.

true they would need a magical sword...
Err, well, okay, maybe Angel could do some damage on the lesser Nazgul with his soulsword, but not the Witch King. He's destined to be killed by only one person, and it ain't Angel.

DarkCrawler
Nazguls fear fire.

pr1983
One, he had been weakened/distracted by being shanked in the "leg" by a Hobbit with a magical sword (I know that in the movies it wasn't magical, but it was in the books, damnit). Second, Eowyn was destined to kill the Witch King. She was the "no man" who could kill him.

Err, well, okay, maybe Angel could do some damage on the lesser Nazgul with his soulsword, but not the Witch King. He's destined to be killed by only one person, and it ain't Angel.

ah touche...

but i'm still confident they'd find a way...

Khellendros
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Nazguls fear fire.
Indeed. But they don't die when exposed to it.

Scoobless
the Witch King. He's destined to be killed by only one person, and it ain't Angel.

destiny is over rated

i still think the evil army would win, Cyclops would be one of the easiest to kill along with Gambit and Bishop... some of the others are tough but they are fighting overwhelming numbers and magical enemies..... plus they'll probably crap themselves when they see 50,000+ monsters running at them

DarkCrawler
What X-Men are there?

Because Xavier and Phoenix could just make them kill each other, not mentioning Polaris.

Khellendros
Originally posted by Scoobless
destiny is over rated

i still think the evil army would win, Cyclops would be one of the easiest to kill along with Gambit and Bishop... some of the others are tough but they are fighting overwhelming numbers and magical enemies..... plus they'll probably crap themselves when they see 50,000+ monsters running at them
Destiny isn't overrated in Tolkien's world. big grin

And exactly. I don't even see them making it past his armies and Sauron's lieutenants and generals who Sauron personally oversees and empowers. The few who manage to survive will get obliterated by the Nazgul.

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
What X-Men are there?

Because Xavier and Phoenix could just make them kill each other, not mentioning Polaris.
Actually, Sauron keeps constant mental control over his armies, just to make them function together, since normally Trolls would eat orcs and orcs and uruk-hai would slaughter each other. They might be able to shut some minds down with psychic attacks, but controlling them is not an option.

mr.smiley
iceman
cyclops
wolverine
polaris
havoc
alone these four would probably wipe out a shitload of them.
the xmen have fought magic type people.
plus they took out those eight chinese immortals who fused together and got stomped by iceman

Nataku8188
The Ringwraiths are immune to everything the X-men have. Go read the books. The only thing that beats them is enchanted elven weaponry and magic.

In the books, the witch king (The head of the Nazgul) destroys the gates of Minas Tirith by himself. Those BIG ASS ENCHANTED MITHRIL gates. Mithril is the adamantium of LOTR, for those of you who don't know.

The only thing Mordor has is the Ringwraiths on their Nazgul, and the Witch-king, considering Sauron cannot project himself on a physical plane.

It comes down to how the X-men are going to beat the Nazgul.

Khellendros
Originally posted by mr.smiley
iceman
cyclops
wolverine
polaris
havoc
alone these four would probably wipe out a shitload of them.
the xmen have fought magic type people.
plus they took out those eight chinese immortals who fused together and got stomped by iceman
Please, Cyclops and Havok are human and have limited power. Throw enough arrows at them and they're dead. Iceman is going down from dark fire like gryn said. Wolverine would get torn limb from limb and eaten by Sauron's elite trolls. Polaris might make it all the way tot he Nazgul, but one of them could simply strangle her to death, since magnetism has no effect on spirits.

Khellendros
Originally posted by Nataku8188
The Ringwraiths are immune to everything the X-men have. Go read the books. The only thing that beats them is enchanted elven weaponry and magic.

In the books, the witch king (The head of the Nazgul) destroys the gates of Minas Tirith by himself. Those BIG ASS ENCHANTED MITHRIL gates. Mithril is the adamantium of LOTR, for those of you who don't know.

The only thing Mordor has is the Ringwraiths on their Nazgul, and the Witch-king, considering Sauron cannot project himself on a physical plane.

It comes down to how the X-men are going to beat the Nazgul.
Actually, Sauron had a physical body as the Necromancer. He can take physical form, it just takes a while without the ring.

mr.smiley
so your saying because cylops and havok are human they will die?
that's crazy considering these guys are superheroes!

Sentry
My 7 that will take on Mordor:

I'm not taking any chances:

Cyclops
Emma Frost
Jean Grey
Storm
Colossus
Archangel
Magma

Sentry
Women can kill the wraiths. Emma in her diamond for is like a class 10 to class 50, she'd take care of them. Storm, Colossus, Archangel, Cyclops, Magma and Jean will mow down the armies. As for Sauron, a combined effort from these 7 will be enough to topple him.

Khellendros
Originally posted by mr.smiley
so your saying because cylops and havok are human they will die?
Uhh, yes, I am. They can still die from hundred of arrows wounds. And make no mistake, when they see these two unleashing huge blasts at the army, the archers will concentrate on them first.

Originally posted by Sentry
My 7 that will take on Mordor:

I'm not taking any chances:

Cyclops
Emma Frost
Jean Grey
Storm
Colossus
Archangel
Magma
Okay. Out of that team Emma in her diamond form, Jean, Storm and Colossus might make it to the ringwraiths.

Women can kill the wraiths. Emma in her diamond for is like a class 10 to class 50, she'd take care of them. Storm, Colossus, Archangel, Cyclops, Magma and Jean will mow down the armies. As for Sauron, a combined effort from these 7 will be enough to topple him.
You're forgetting archers. Archers take Angel, Cyke and Magma if the thousands and thousand of Sauron's foot soldiers can't.

No, a woman was destined to kill the leader of the ringwraiths. That doesn't suddenly make them all vulnerable to any woman who comes along. Only very powerful magic can kill the ringwraiths. Colossus and Emma get owned by the Witch King, who shattered Mithril gates singlehandedly. Jean gets torn apart by one of the other ringwraiths. Storm might make it all the way to Sauron if she stayed in the air, unless one of the volleys of boulders twice her size and more managed to hit. But all it means if she or anyone else makes it to Sauron is that he has some new super-powered servants.

paeng
Jean(Phoenix) alone Can destroy a Universe , Khellendros what makes you think she can be easily killed by a ringwraith.

Khellendros
Originally posted by paeng
Jean(Phoenix) alone Can destroy a Universe , Khellendros what makes you think she can be easily killed by a ringwraith.
Sentry didn't state Phoenix. He said Jean Grey. I assumed that meant human lady with her normal power levels.

paeng
But crazyspinz the one who made this thread say's it's X-men vs Mordor. So it's all of the X-men against Mordor.

Khellendros
All of the current Xmen, yes? Is the Phoenix force working with the Xmen now?

paeng
I'm not actually sure. So I can't say yes or no.

Khellendros
Well until crazy says different, I'm assuming there are no cosmic beings in this fight. In which case, the Xmen are still boned.

paeng
Even with or whithout cosmic beings the X-men will win this one.

All the X-men's Telepath like Prof.X, Jean Grey, Cable will just make a force field and Cyclops, Iceman, Havok will just use they're Full power Blasts. Or Prof.X will control many orcs to fight one another. And remember they have Magneto and Polaris who has Magnetic abilities they can easily manipulate all of the Mordor armies because they all wear metal armor's and weapons.

Khellendros
The normal armies take down anyone who isn't either stronger than the swords and arrows hitting them or able to make a forcefield. And the entire army automatically gets a strong resistance to psychic control, because sauron is constantly present in their mind, ensuring they remain loyal to him and keeping the infighting to a minimum.

So, lets say Jean Grey, Cable, Colossus, Polaris, Magneto and Emma Frost in her diamond body make it past the army without getting exhausted. Then they have to face the generals of Sauron's army and his personal lieutenants like the Mouth of Sauron, who lived more than three millenia by the time of the LOTR books and had received power and sorcery training from Sauron himself. Jean Grey and Polaris go down from magical attacks and likely Emma Frost too.

Next you have the ringwraiths, led by the Witch King. These are spirits powered by magical rings, so once Magneto removes their armor and swords, you still have a spirit who can shatter a mithril gate by hitting it and eight other spirits who are almost as strong. Colossus gets killed as does Emma if she's still around. One of them reaches through Cable's TK shield and kills him. Magneto could possibly make it to Sauron, but by then Sauron doesn't have to divide his willpower among his entire army and all his servants, and easily crushes Magneto's mind.

I'm also being generous and not adding a Balrog to the mix, since it's been speculated that Sauron was the cause of that Balrog under the mountain waking up and was slowly working on drawing it to his side.

Lord Ryugen
I suppose it all depends on how many of the X-Men's heavy hitters they bring out to play. I'd bring Polaris, Magneto, and if it's possible Joseph (Mags clone) in to deal with the large majority of Mordor's armies. For backup Cyke, Havok, Bishop and Magma. The ranged powers of these can cause massive damage. For close-up battle Wolvie, Angel and Colossus. And for defense Jean, Emma and can I use the Stepford Cuckoos is it? For battle against the ringwraiths, well I'd choose Storm and Iceman, spirits though they be they should still be affected in the physical plane as that's where they battle. and being hit by a hurricane or trapped in a giant iceburg may not kill them but I imagine they'd be taken out of the fight. Against Sauron they can't do jack but since Mordor's just been depopulated Frodo will have a very easy trip to the mount Dhoom.

Khellendros
Originally posted by Lord Ryugen
I suppose it all depends on how many of the X-Men's heavy hitters they bring out to play. I'd bring Polaris, Magneto, and if it's possible Joseph (Mags clone) in to deal with the large majority of Mordor's armies. For backup Cyke, Havok, Bishop and Magma. The ranged powers of these can cause massive damage. For close-up battle Wolvie, Angel and Colossus. And for defense Jean, Emma and can I use the Stepford Cuckoos is it? For battle against the ringwraiths, well I'd choose Storm and Iceman, spirits though they be they should still be affected in the physical plane as that's where they battle. and being hit by a hurricane or trapped in a giant iceburg may not kill them but I imagine they'd be taken out of the fight. Against Sauron they can't do jack but since Mordor's just been depopulated Frodo will have a very easy trip to the mount Dhoom.
laughing
Naah, Since he isn't distracted by controlling the wills of thousands upon thousands of different creatures, he senses Frodo coming and sends his newly brainwashed/corrupted X-lieutenants out to murder the midget.

Lord Ryugen
Hmm, Prof X and Sauron in a battle of wills. Nah Mordor takes it on account of Sauron being pretty much unkillable but Sauron has to take a couple eons to rebuild his army.

Khellendros
Originally posted by Lord Ryugen
Hmm, Prof X and Sauron in a battle of wills. Nah Mordor takes it on account of Sauron being pretty much unkillable but Sauron has to take a couple eons to rebuild his army.
I dig Prof, and will even argue for him against MM who EVERYONE else on this board seems to think is the better psychic, but yeah, the Prof isn't taking down a demigod.

Lord Ryugen
No he probably isn't but maybe just maybe he can stall Sauon until Frodo can drop the ring in the mountain...or maybe his will shall be crushed and Frodo shall be obliterated by spandex clad mutants, who knows laughing out loud

mr.smiley
i doubt xavier would be at it alone.

Zahit
Legolas will seduce the sh*t out of Jean Grey.
What's poor ole Cyclops gonna do without his..........precious........

Draco69
Legolas is gayer than Elton John in Pink Panther costume.

mr.smiley
lol!

Zahit
o.k. --- Samwise Gangee will seduce the sh*t out of Jean Grey.

Draco69
Samwise and Frodo are gay too. eek!

Married my a$$. They were WAY too friendly not to arouse suspicions.

"Mister Frodo. Mister Frodo." Sounds like a line from a BSDM scene

DarkCrawler
"Mister Frodo, I love you."

He says that at least three times in the movie.

Zahit
Gimli will seduce the sh*t out of Jean Grey......

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Draco69
Samwise and Frodo are gay too. eek!

Married my a$$. They were WAY too friendly not to arouse suspicions.

"Mister Frodo. Mister Frodo." Sounds like a line from a BSDM scene It was a more innocent time back then!

Zahit
those were gayer times.

Draco69
Originally posted by Zahit

Hah!

Gimli was the Master top bear for Legolas and everyone here nows it. evil face

DarkCrawler
Aragorn?

Draco69
The only one of the Fellowship who wasn't gay.

Swanky-Tuna
You have to understand that they were good friends in apocalyptic times. People say crazy things when they think they could die at any moment.

Draco69
That explains why my dog was humping my leg when we were all trapped in an elevator....

Swanky-Tuna
Well, you do have sexy calves.

Draco69
embarrasment

nimbus006
If its all the X-Men then i would have to say they would probably win, depending on whether or not Sauron has the Ring... but if its only a few such as 7 or 8 then after a long fought battle and many dead orcs the X-Men will not be able to last agaisnt the power of The White Wizard and the Dark Lord plus all the Nazgul... and lets not forget the Haradrim and the giagantic Mumakil who will probably crush most of the X-men... I would have to say Storm would be one of the most important factors for the X-MEN seeing as how she could keep the sun shining bright on the battle field and weaken the armies of mordor tremendously. Also if the Phoenix Force is involved then its over... but thats just not fair.

AdventChild
X-men.... mindcontrol... Xaivier is all they need...

nimbus006
No Sauron nor Saruman will bend to the will of mind control... besides Sauron is the master of mind control... hence the name SAURON THE DECIEVER... How do you think the Ring Wraiths came to be. He convinced all of Middle Earth to take the rings of Power

Gryn Jabar
Hell, even they lose, they likely won't destroy the ring, and that, as we know, is the key. Ring+Xavier/Emma= X men are ****ed.

nimbus006
Well like i said it all depends on whether Suaron has the Ring or not.

Sentry
Ok, seems Sauron and his forces are tougher than expected. I'll choose 20 X-men.

1. Bishop
2. Gambit
3. Beast
4. Colossus
5. Emma Frost
6. Joseph(Magneto clone)
7. Chamber
8. Strong Guy
9. Shatterstar
10. X-23
11. Storm
12. Cyclops
13. Jean Grey
14. Wolverine
15. Dazzler
16. Iceman
17. Magma
18. Random
19. Juggernaut( Joined in Uncanny X-Men #425)
20. Xorn(Kuan Yin)

How's that. That team can take'm, I think. This is a team effort. Powerhouses lead the wasy, the rest follow.

Nataku8188
Ok, seems Sauron and his forces are tougher than expected. I'll choose 20 X-men.

1. Bishop
2. Gambit
3. Beast
4. Colossus
5. Emma Frost
6. Joseph(Magneto clone)
7. Chamber
8. Strong Guy
9. Shatterstar
10. X-23
11. Storm
12. Cyclops
13. Jean Grey
14. Wolverine
15. Dazzler
16. Iceman
17. Magma
18. Random
20. Xorn(Kuan Yin)

How's that. That team can take'm, I think. This is a team effort. Powerhouses lead the wasy, the rest follow.

Since you aren't well versed in LOTR, let me tell you another little thing about the Witch King. During the Second age (LOTR books are set in the third age) he unleashed a plague in the northlands (Just north of the shire) that totaly ****ed up entire populaces. As for the mithril gates, he didn't BEAT them down, he blasted them down. That being said;

1. Bishop
2. Gambit
3. Beast
7. Chamber
9. Shatterstar
10. X-23
12. Cyclops
15. Dazzler
17. Magma
18. Random
20. Xorn(Kuan Yin)

All of them are only as useful as they would be full of thousands of arrows. Sauron has no use for his own troops, they will rain arrows down on their own troops if it means removing these fighters from the battlefield.

4. Colossus
8. Strong Guy
14. Wolverine

These four will take much more to stop, but the Haradrim's Oliphaunts coupled with Mithril clad dark dwarves, easterlings and trolls will eventually overrun them. These guys will last a long time, putting down a lot of enemies, but the amount of soldiers Sauron has is ridiculous. The army he sent after Minas Tirith was described as a portion of his actual forces. The rest came out and overwhelmed the heros as they tried to lay siege to the Dark towers.

5. Emma Frost
6. Joseph(Magneto clone)
11. Storm
13. Jean Grey
16. Iceman

The most powerful of the group, these will be dealt with by the Wraiths. The fliers will indeed be a great challenge, but it is nothing that the dark lord cannot overcome. The mental stress he can put on them by singling them out could easily be compared to Xaviers. He nearly crippled Sam, and Frodo, who both had the power to stand with the One ring. (Hobbits are stated to have a natural resistance to the powers of the ring and sauron.) The ring has shown to be able to corrupt normal men in the instant they see it, yet they bore it across the world, using it several times, and Frodo was only overcome in the very end of his weary. Not only that, he had been drugged and nearly killed more than twice within the last 24 hours.

Khellendros
HAHAHAHAHA yes! Gimli is a pimp!!

Originally posted by AdventChild
X-men.... mindcontrol... Xaivier is all they need...
Wrong. Sauron is a demigod who kept an entire army of beasts under control WITHOUT the use of his ring. Xavier cannot equal that.

Originally posted by nimbus006
Well like i said it all depends on whether Suaron has the Ring or not.
Exactly. If Sauron has his ring, then he just gets a large super-powered addition to his lieutenants. If he doesn't have his ring, he's got a pile of X-corpses to feed to the trolls.

1. Bishop
2. Gambit
3. Beast
4. Colossus
5. Emma Frost
6. Joseph(Magneto clone)
7. Chamber
8. Strong Guy
9. Shatterstar
10. X-23
11. Storm
12. Cyclops
13. Jean Grey
14. Wolverine
15. Dazzler
16. Iceman
17. Magma
18. Random
20. Xorn(Kuan Yin)

It's funny because half your team could be brought down by simple things like being peppered by arrows or crushed in a hail of giant boulders. And the rest are vulnerable to magic and Sauron's will and the power of the ringwraiths.

paeng
Phoenix vs Sauron and Mordor = Phoenix

And the rest of the Telepaths make a force field and Cyke, Havok, Iceman, Gambit, Bishop and Magma unleashes their full power at the armies and while doing that Magneto, Joseph and Polaris will control the metal's from mordor's armies just like I said in my posts.

This fight will be easy because the X-men can use they're Full Power because it's on a warfield. The X-men only hold back if there are many innocent human's at stake.

nimbus006
Phoenix is not allowed in this battle, unless Sauron has the ring, and if he does i do not think even she can stop what he can unleash. But maybe she can. lol.

but assuming neither of the former topics is true:

The thing you have to remember is that unless Saurons power over the dark clouds of the battlefield can withstand Storms power over controlling those clouds then you gonna have alot of weak *ss orcs fighting under alot of sunshine which doesnt make for a real good fight when you have a pissed off Wolverine, Juggernaut, and Colusses plowing the road ahead for all the powerhouses of the X-Men that are waiting to get to the Nazgul, Saruman and the Chief Lieutenants of Sauron.

I believe Storms ablilty to keep the sunlight shining throughtout the battle will be the deciding factor in this fight, simply because the stronger more powerful X-Men will be fresher when it comes down to fighting the powerhouses of SAURON.

paeng
Yes Storm is a good help in this fight but the Phoenix alone can destroy Sauron and the Mordor armies.

Nataku8188
Phoenix is not allowed in this battle, unless Sauron has the ring, and if he does i do not think even she can stop what he can unleash. But maybe she can. lol.

but assuming neither of the former topics is true:

The thing you have to remember is that unless Saurons power over the dark clouds of the battlefield can withstand Storms power over controlling those clouds then you gonna have alot of weak *ss orcs fighting under alot of sunshine which doesnt make for a real good fight when you have a pissed off Wolverine, Juggernaut, and Colusses plowing the road ahead for all the powerhouses of the X-Men that are waiting to get to the Nazgul, Saruman and the Chief Lieutenants of Sauron.

I believe Storms ablilty to keep the sunlight shining throughtout the battle will be the deciding factor in this fight, simply because the stronger more powerful X-Men will be fresher when it comes down to fighting the powerhouses of SAURON.

What the hell are you babbling about? Sunlight doesn't stop the orcs, it simply pisses them off. So she's going to piss off an entire army of already angry orcs? Good job Storm.

Khellendros
What Nataku said. The only things that take any real damage from the sun are trolls, who get turned into stone in sunlight. But Sauron bred that trait out of the ones in his army.

Swanky-Tuna
Too bad they didn't have the stone trolls part in the movies.

Anyway, couldn't Xorn just rip off his helmet and destroy it all? Needless to say, that's exactly what I would do. Out of spite.

I wonder how classic Juggernaut would fare. I imagine he would be soaked by thousands of gallons of blood before he was brought down. Assuming it's not like "POW POW! RINGWRAITHS ARE THERE ALREADY AND NOTHING CAN STOP THEIR LASERS!"

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
"POW POW! RINGWRAITHS ARE THERE ALREADY AND NOTHING CAN STOP THEIR LASERS!"

I wish they shot lasers.... sad

Metalmanx
Juggernaut wouldn't punctured at all. He could continuously defeat wave after wave of the army. Pretty much the same with Colossus. Unless of course the Orcs have the ability to raise their body temperatures either 70 degrees below ABSOLUTE ZERO or to 12,000 degrees farenheit, they aren't going to do any damage to him.

Wolverine probably wouldn't last as long as we'd want him to. If he took a massive volley of arrows in his body, hitting important organs (heart, lungs, etc.) and through his throat, mouth, or eyes...he's going down. But I'm sure he'll take a hefty number of Orcs with em.

And I think people are underestimating Magma. She could literally destroy the battlefield the Orcs are on.

100,000,000 Orcs. Magma tears open a ginormous hole in the ground, lava erupting and everything. 100,000,000 Orcs dead. Same goes for any other ground-based warrior in Mordor's army. Hell, she could sink the towers into the ground. Just remove the ground underneath, and they go down, too.

And Iceman, he could take on as many as he wanted. Once his enemies are frozen, there's not much more they can do. Or if he was just a in homicidal mood, he could impale the troops with ice spikes.

Storm, too, could just attack them with powerful weather. Lightning bolts are still extremely deadly, no matter X-men or LOTR.

But, I will agree, Sauron and Saruman will definitely be hard to defeat. Magic is powerful no matter who you are. But their magic could only go on for so long against the numbers of the X-men. And especially if Xavier is bombarding them with mental attacks, slowly but surely deteriorating their minds. And just for the sake of arguement, I won't even bring Phoenix into this. But Jean herself could prove very useful by shielding her teammates with her telekinesis.

All in all, it would be a very awesome fight. If it took 3 years for it to finish, I would watch every single second of it.

And in response to Swanky. I agree. Xorn could just be really noble and take everything out of the picture, including himself. That would be a very funny alternate ending to it.

Xorn: "Goodbye." ::Rips off helmet::

::PLANET GOES "POP" AS IT'S SUCKED INTO HIS HEAD AND SUCH::

Zahit
The white queen used her mind,
And then she made them go.
The Phoenix of Jean embraced Havok,
And blasted all the orcs.

Oh, Wolverine in the night,
Slicing up orcs till light.

The Dark Lord kills X-force tonight
And comics will heal us all.

Oh, throw down your visor go,
Rest not and blast the trolls.

Side by side we snikt the might
Of the darkest of them all.

I hear the bamf and thunder,
Rogue in the valley below.
I'm waiting for the Angel of Worthington,
Waiting for the Phoenix's glow.

The Colossus of the valley holds
The fists of destructiveness,
The ground is rich from Magma's care,
The orcs, do not forget, no, no.

The goblins turn to blue and black,
Juggernaut's boots are red.

Oh Banshee decides to cry,
The decibels start to fly.

The sky is filled with Iceman's ramps,
And Xavier's mind will know.

Oh, well, Wolverine's gone,
The Nazgul made him pass slow.
Cyclop's eyes on the sunrise,
Blasting like the eastern glow.

The Magneto cannot exceed,
The woe of PIS.
Colossus will shake the castle wall,
The X-Men ride in black, Ride on.

Storm will be a ho, (Ride on)
Use powers she didn't have befo.

Nightcrawler can't be seen at night
Iceman makes them cold.

Illyana's magik will force the writer,
To bring Colossus back.
Bring him back.

At last Phoenix is shining,
Storm's clouds of blue roll by,
With flames from Sunfire and Magma
The Dark Lord sees Scott's eyes.

Bring him back. Bring him back.
Oh now, Oh now, Oh now, Oh.
Oh now, Oh now, Oh now...
Bring him back. Bring him back.......

nimbus006
ACTUALLY Orcs are weakened by sunlight Why do you think Saruman created Uruks... obviously they are stronger but can also travel by day. And why do you think Sauron created a cloud of Darkness over the battlefield in the Battle of Pelenor fields... check the books why the hell do u think there is ash covering Mordor, why do you think there are orcs in the Mines of Moria... trust me look at any reference you want they are weakened

Zahit
i guess you can call the above song:

THE BATTLE OF X-EVERMORE.

wolverine8888
wolverine bye him self would beat the army. colussus bye him self would also beat the army and many other x-men

Zahit
Originally posted by wolverine8888
wolverine bye him self would beat the army. colussus bye him self would also beat the army and many other x-men
laughing nono have you ever read lord of the rings? seen the movies?

wolverine8888
yes I have and what the hell are swords gunna do to friggen wolverine or colussus there only problem would be the wizard

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Juggernaut wouldn't punctured at all. He could continuously defeat wave after wave of the army. Pretty much the same with Colossus. Unless of course the Orcs have the ability to raise their body temperatures either 70 degrees below ABSOLUTE ZERO or to 12,000 degrees farenheit, they aren't going to do any damage to him.The difference is Juggernaut never tires and, while still vulnerable to it, is resistant to magic. He also has the helmets that block mind games. *Head turns into a Connect Four game* This is just classic Juggernaut though.

Also, 70 degrees below absolute zero? They call it absolute zero for a reason. Plus I'm sure the magic weapons would wreck Colossus.

Edit:
yes I have and what the hell are swords gunna do to friggen wolverine or colussus there only problem would be the wizard The ringwraith weapons are poisoned with dark magic. Even if they don't kill, they'd cause a powerful infection that would probably kill them.

Zahit
and the Nazgul, Dragons, Bal-rogs, Trolls.....

nimbus006
Thays pretty funny Wolverine8888, but Wolverine is no god, and while hes one of my favorite characters he is up against a force to great and powerful for him to stop... even Colusses would do better than Wolverine, but still come up short

nimbus006
wait Zahit were talking Mordor not Utumno, if you want to talk about balrogs and dragons go to my other post All of the X-MEN VS Morgoths Army

there were no dragons left on middle earth when Sauron built Mordor, and only one Balrog remained in the Mines of Moria

wolverine8888
colussus in no way would do betetr and tell me last tiem I check modor in the lord of the rings did not have bal-rogs nor dragons. dragons were all killed off befor then actauly the last drAgon a live died in the hobbit. so ur telling me a wizard and many many orcs vs the x-men will die

Zahit
it's all in the song, man, it's all in the song.....

nimbus006
your right there were no dragons left, and yes Colusses will do better than Wolverine only because, any large amount of arrows, or stabs by swords will kill Wolverine if stuck enough times, where they wont affect Colusses as quicly, but Colusses will go down once he comes face to face against a few of those war trolls with the maces

Swanky-Tuna
I'm pretty sure he could take the trolls. Unless they push him into lava or something.

wolverine8888
wolverine can not die from arrows I telling u he foughten whole armies of guns and tanks and won I highly dought people with swords and arrows will take him. and as for teh trolls they would neevr even hit him and even if they did he has taken hits from the hulk and gotten right up. colussus and wolverine win this one no doughts and with no help

nimbus006
lol watever you say...

Zahit
wolverine can not die from arrows I telling u he foughten whole armies of guns and tanks and won I highly dought people with swords and arrows will take him. and as for teh trolls they would neevr even hit him and even if they did he has taken hits from the hulk and gotten right up. colussus and wolverine win this one no doughts and with no help speaking of trolls..........spam

Swanky-Tuna
wolverine can not die from arrows I telling u he foughten whole armies of guns and tanks and won I highly dought people with swords and arrows will take him. and as for teh trolls they would neevr even hit him and even if they did he has taken hits from the hulk and gotten right up. colussus and wolverine win this one no doughts and with no help The Ringwraithes will take'em down! Their blades will cause festing wounds. Even on Colossus. Which I guess would be like rotting metal or something.

wolverine8888
so ur telling me an army of assassin with samari swords and guns could not take orcs?

nimbus006
Is Wolverine an army of assasins with guns... No he is a mutant who can regenrate certain wounds and has claws that come out if his hands, plus he is a really good hand to hand combatant of course, but if Wolverine gets his head cut off hes done, he cant regenerate a new head. and im sure once the orcs see that stabing him doesnt work they will go for his head, remeber this is 200,000 orcs, plus trolls plus haradrim plus Oliphaunts, plus Ringwraiths, Wolverine cannot handle that by himself

wolverine8888
but he is not bye him self is he

nimbus006
you just said he can do it by himself

wolverine8888
which I still beleave he can. u forget that all those people only have one arget and will being killing eachother mroe then they every hit wolverine

Wynndar
HAHAHAHA...this is soooo entertaining to read

Zahit
I only posted on this thread so everyone can read and laugh
at my re-writing of The Battle of Evermore......

I didn't expect to do battle with an actual TROLL (wolverine8888).

wolverine8888
just because I dotn agree that a bunch of ididot orcs with swords can beat wolverine when the hand trained assassin cant even touch him

Swanky-Tuna
Even if somehow he gets through the hundreds of thousands of orcs, he still has a bunch of dudes who can't be beaten by pure physical force to battle.

Zahit
THE BATTLE OF X-EVERMORE
The white queen used her mind,
And then she made them go.
The Phoenix of Jean embraced Havok,
And blasted all the orcs.

The Dark Lord kills X-force tonight
And comics will heal us all.

Oh, throw down your visor go,
Rest not and blast the trolls.

Side by side we snikt the might
Of the darkest of them all.

I hear the bamf and thunder,
Rogue in the valley below.
I'm waiting for the Angel of Worthington,
Waiting for the Phoenix's glow.

The Colossus of the valley holds
The fists of destructiveness,
The ground is rich from Magma's care,
The orcs, do not forget, no, no.

The goblins turn to blue and black,
Juggernaut's boots are red.

Oh Banshee decides to cry,
The decibels start to fly.

The sky is filled with Iceman's ramps,
And Xavier's mind will know.

Oh, well, Wolverine's gone,
The Nazgul made him pass slow.
Cyclop's eyes on the sunrise,
Blasting like the eastern glow.

The Magneto cannot exceed,
The woe of PIS.
Colossus will shake the castle wall,
The X-Men ride in black, Ride on.

Storm will be a ho, (Ride on)
Use powers she didn't have befo.

Nightcrawler can't be seen at night
Iceman makes them cold.

Illyana's magik will force the writer,
To bring Colossus back.
Bring him back.

At last Phoenix is shining,
Storm's clouds of blue roll by,
With flames from Sunfire and Magma
The Dark Lord sees Scott's eyes.

Oh now, Oh now, Oh now, Oh.
Oh now, Oh now, Oh now...
Bring him back. Bring him back.......
Happy Dance

Swanky-Tuna
Hey... Greatest. Costume. Ever.

pr1983
Hey... Greatest. Costume. Ever.

holy christ...

Kontraz
The Ringwraithes will take'em down! Their blades will cause festing wounds. Even on Colossus. Which I guess would be like rotting metal or something.

he will rust

Gryn Jabar
hahaha, better use some armor all. Anyway, what if rammstein were thrown in with the X-Men, I daresay they could win then (rammstein would scare the bejesus out of the ring wraiths).

Nataku8188
ACTUALLY Orcs are weakened by sunlight Why do you think Saruman created Uruks... obviously they are stronger but can also travel by day. And why do you think Sauron created a cloud of Darkness over the battlefield in the Battle of Pelenor fields... check the books why the hell do u think there is ash covering Mordor, why do you think there are orcs in the Mines of Moria... trust me look at any reference you want they are weakened

ACTUALLY you're wrong. That is for trolls. Orcs ambushed Isildur and his three sons on the Gladden fields during the day, WHILE he had the One ring and killed them all. Trolls, as well, are only agitated by the sunlight, as stated on page 473 (Of my book at least) "... they could endure the sun, so long as the will of Sauron held sway over them."

The darkness simply aids the dark armies, and makes it harder for the humans to fight, it is also a form of intimidation.

Metalmanx
Hey, Swanky, sorry about the earlier confusion. I just read what I wrote last, and I meant to say "70 degrees ABOVE Absolute Zero." I think I was just thinking too fast when I wrote it.

Sorry about that, not below it. Just slightly above it.

And Colossus's organic steel does not rust. It's part of his mutation. Even though it's still, because it is some unknown, organic steel, it has different properties that don't allow it to rust under any conditions.

And I've seen guys defend an argument before, but this Wolverine business is just getting tedious. Wolverine WILL die with enough arrows and swords in him. When vital organs are struck, he takes much longer to recover than normal. So imagine a volley of arrows showering Wolverine. At least 50% of those will hit vital organs. And don't forget his neck, or his mouth, or his eyes. There are many targets on Wolverine that can be exploited.

And honestly, I'm not just defending Colossus because I like him, but pouring lava on him would do nothing but slow him down a bit. The temperature of lava is usually about 700-1,250 degrees Celsius, which is 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit. Only temperatures 12,000+ would harm Colossus, melting his organic steel body.

Gryn Jabar
Dark Fire Baby, this stuff made the valar hella scared, what do you think Piotr can do against it?

Swanky-Tuna
And honestly, I'm not just defending Colossus because I like him, but pouring lava on him would do nothing but slow him down a bit. The temperature of lava is usually about 700-1,250 degrees Celsius, which is 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit. Only temperatures 12,000+ would harm Colossus, melting his organic steel body. But what if he sinks miles into the Earth?

Kontraz
hey, metalman x.... i wasnt being serious when i said colossus would rust. Someone asked what a wraith's blade would do to him, and seeing as it is similar to a poison, i just said it would make him rust...

Gryn Jabar
Then he's ****ed. Badly. Even worse if he meets a Balrog.

Nataku8188
Colossus is great and all, but much like Juggernaut, he can only do so much against so many, and will be a prime target for Ringwraiths and the such.

Gryn Jabar
Ok, but let's examine this scenario. Assume that the X-Men somehow win. What now? One of them gets the ring. Then what?

Metalmanx
It's cool, Kontraz. I was just trying to throw that fact out there.

And to Swanky. Even miles into the Earth wouldn't faze Colossus at all. The only way he would be hurt is if he made it all the way to the Earth's core, which is approximately 12,600 degrees Fahrenheit. Only at the core would he melt. But anywhere between the surface and the core, he'd be okay.

Nataku8188

And to Swanky. Even miles into the Earth wouldn't faze Colossus at all. The only way he would be hurt is if he made it all the way to the Earth's core, which is approximately 12,600 degrees Fahrenheit. Only at the core would he melt. But anywhere between the surface and the core, he'd be okay.

He'd just be kinda stuck.

mr.smiley
wolverine888 is right to an extent.
in wolverines second solo book (as patch) he went through pretty much a whole pluton of guys with guns and knifes.
he also took out a group of terrorist using aks.
that being said orcs with swords and arrows are gonna have one hell of a time taking out wolverine.

and the idea of juggernaut getting taken down by arrows is just realy,realy,stupid

mr.smiley
if your adding in zorn he could suck a whole army through his head into a black hole

Swanky-Tuna

And to Swanky. Even miles into the Earth wouldn't faze Colossus at all. The only way he would be hurt is if he made it all the way to the Earth's core, which is approximately 12,600 degrees Fahrenheit. Only at the core would he melt. But anywhere between the surface and the core, he'd be okay. But he has a limit to how long he can stay in his metal form. And if he sinks too deep or gets pulled into a lava current or something and can't get out, he may just die in the lavaflows. He can't really see though the lava so finding a wall, let alone one solid enough to climb, could be rough.

Dizzle
Back to Colossus losing to trolls with clubs... Yea, hes 100+ tons in lifting baby. Troll tries to hit him with a club, he catches it and uses the troll as one. No idea if a Wraith blade would affect Colossus or Juggernaut... They're not lightsaberian or anything, normal metal stops em, so I'm saying no.

And on a side note, if say Magma melted half of the ground underneath Barad-dur (leaving the ground on a slant), simple physics say it would fall over... What then? Seeing as this has never happened, would it fall over and be destroyed as a normal tower, would it fall and stay intact, or would it just float?

And since this is Middle Earth, and the poles aren't screwed up by Magneto, long range telepathy is possible by Xavier. So couldn't Xavier hang back, telepathically find Frodo with the ring, and send Quicksilver or anyone with traveling abilities to go get it and put it into Mt. Doom? (don't hate me, I'm trying)

Kontraz
For some reason... i think the moment quicksilver sees the ring he'll take it for himself... then mordor will win without the threat of sauron's defeat...

Metalmanx
I suppose Colossus could get stuck. That would prove not too fun. But I guess he can always climb out? Or maybe even jump. It hasn't been shown before, I don't see why Colossus couldn't jump uber far. The Hulk does it and is super strong, so why can't the super strong Colossus do it, too?

Metalmanx
Actually, Swanky, Colossus has no known limit as to how long he can stay in his transformed state. He does not fatigue when using it. It doesn't tire him at all. The longest he has been known to stay in metal form is FIVE whole days. And that's just cuz he wanted to. He can in theory stay in this state for as long as he wants. It doesn't even go away when he sleeps, for he must mentally will himself to transform back to normal. So he could really just kinda ride the lava flow for awhile until one of his fellow teammates figures out a way to find him. Xavier could find him and tell Jean where he is. She could fly down there, protected with her telekinesis and then lift both herself and him back to the surface.

Dizzle, you make a very good point there. Xavier could easily locate the whereabouts of the ring. And, not trying to start an argument with you, Kontraz, but I don't think Quicksilver would take it. I've been a huge fan of him as long as I can remember, he's my very favorite X-men character. He's really not a power-hungry kinda guy. He knows that he's not responsible to lead or to control a land or country of people. I think that he would return it quickly or destroy as quickly as he could, just making the X-men win the fight even faster. Xavier could tell him where the ring is and there where he must go to destroy it. Quicksilver would get it all done is less than a minute depending on where the ring is located.

This battle would truly be awesome. I would sell my family to see it happen in a massive comic book.

Swanky-Tuna
Or maybe even jump. It hasn't been shown before, I don't see why Colossus couldn't jump uber far. The Hulk does it and is super strong, so why can't the super strong Colossus do it, too? I think Hulk has it patented. Every "strong guy" character should be able to do the same.

Sentry
New Sun, God Like Cable, Rachel Summers? Are these guys disqualified?

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Dizzle
No idea if a Wraith blade would affect Colossus or Juggernaut... They're not lightsaberian or anything, normal metal stops em, so I'm saying no.They are magical though. And have some kind of magical infection power to them. Who's to say? I'm not going to vouch for new Juggernaut because all I know is he's weaker than old Juggernaut but Colossus might still be susceptible to the sword's magic.

Actually, Swanky, Colossus has no known limit as to how long he can stay in his transformed state.Wasn't there a point when he was in his metal form so long that he started cracking and leaking energy of some kind?

Metalmanx
Nope. Not to my knowledge at least. And I know Colosuss pretty freakin well.

He can in theory stay in this state for as long as he desires. Which would be quite beneficial, since he doesn't need to eat nor breath while transformed.

Khellendros
New Sun, God Like Cable, Rachel Summers? Are these guys disqualified?
If Sauron gets the remaining Balrog and Smaug, you can have New Sun and Rachel Summers.
>_>

Anyways, Colossus is, if nothing else, going down from the Witch King. He blew open MITHRIL gates, organic steel just doesn't compare. Wolverine is dead as soon as a troll pick him up and twists his body in half and starts eating him.

Swanky-Tuna
Smaug is dead. Bard plucked a shaft in his breast.

Khellendros
Smaug is dead. Bard plucked a shaft in his breast.
Yeah yeah yeah, but if they can have almost every Xmen EVER, I don't see why we can't save Smaug and bring him over to the team.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>