Un chien andalou (1929) [ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MF D00m
Has anybody seen this french film??? It's insane. Here's a clip from the movie:

http://img81.exs.cx/img81/3904/shortfilmb.gif

MildPossession
Yep, I saw it when I did film studies at college. Great bit of surrealism.

Dario Argento

Dario Argento
fist = first

Luce
I saw a short part of it. I think it's far ahead of it's time.

WindDancer
This is the one that started it all! IMO this is the film that inspired Ruggeto Deodato and Paolo Pasolin, and also Lucio Fulci (the eye scene). Indeed, this film is base on surrealism. Personally, I never had the chance to watch it. But the eye scene is very notirous. Hope this baby comes out on DVD soon. I think is only available in VHS.

mc pee pants
may i ask what is it about?

WindDancer
I just know very little about the film, but I think Un Chien Andalou is about of seventeen minutes long, and is full of bizarre and surreal images that may or may not mean anything. Or might be symbolic depending on how the viewer interprits the images.

Well, this might sound like a poor example: Remenber the Ring? The VHS tape is full of surreal images, so is kinda like that. A movie about art and extreme gore mixed up with some strange unusual images. Does that help?

mc pee pants
yeah, thanks. i was creeped out by that ring tape... i'm curiuos about this one though.

Mr Zero

Dario Argento
I saw they were releasing those box sets a couple of months ago, but I never found out if they were any good. Do you know anything about the tranfer and the extras?

The Redeemer
Ah...the infamous scene! A cows eye was used for the slice IIRC...

Kaleanae
I have that clip!!!
I just have seen that part, they opened a door, the man enters and cuts the eye.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.