Burnout 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Primitive Screwhead
Anyone here get a chance to play the latest in the Burnout series? I've never really played the other titles, and finally decided to rent the third one. What a freaking blast! It's like SSX meets Destruction Derby meets Project Gotham Racing... mass automotive carnage, excellent visuals and gameplay, and a hell of a lot of replay. Didn't care for the music soundtrack and the annoying voiceover a la SSX3, but those were minor quibbles. The constant loading did get on my nerves, though. If I were to rate this, I'd probably put it somewhere between 8.5 to 9.

Any other opinions? Also, anyone got a perfected technique for aftertouch takedowns? I have yet to register my first one, got a load of signature takedowns, though...

Red Superfly
Yeah I've managed several aftertouch takedowns. The best ones are when you land the car right on top of the others.

I have this on Xbox so I play it online with my own soundtrack. I hate the emo-tarnished soundtrack EA have provided (although, there are some fantastic tracks by the likes of Franz Ferdinand and others - but most of it is annoying americana pop rock rubbish)

LanİeWindu
I had Burnout 1...it was fun.

It didn't have voice-overs thankfully.

This one looks good, so I may go try it out.

greyboy
alright alright....I have to get this one now....i've heard too much....one game to pick up before i do, but i think im sold.

Primitive Screwhead
Hey Superfly, is online the only way to customize your soundtrack... or can you pull it off in single player as well? If so, I'm having a difficult timing figuring it out... damn Hollywood Video doesn't really give you the detailed manual when you rent from there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.