Army of Darkness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Linkalicious
I was at the comic shop this weekend making my regular rounds....

and I saw 2 different Army Of Darkness comics.

I really regret not picking them up right now, but hind sight is 20/20.

Has anyone read any of these? I flipped through them and they looked great. Ash has to be one of my all time favorite movie characters. If they could even put a small fraction of Bruce Campbell into these comics then I'm sure they must be destined for grateness.

Anyone read one of these Army Of Darkness comics before?

SnakeEyes
nope, maybe i should check em out

Linkalicious
wow...guess this isn't even worth discussing.

Maybe I should have made the title to the thread involve Spiderman, Hulk, or Juggernaut.

Hostile
Oh hush, Linkalicious. AOD isnt for everyone wink

I've read the first one, and I'm very excited to find that AOD actually has an official continuation. Unfortunately, i'm new-school, I download comics instead of buying them, so it's going to take me a while to find them all. Still, bet it's worth it. I love the art style, and the writing's not bad.

Hail to the king, baby 8)

ScarletSpider
Pirating comics?! I download once in awhile, when the issue is out of stock everywhere I go, or if it's for a 30 year old comic, but c'mon, we want the industry to thrive, I buy as much as I can.

Pandemoniac
Army of Darkness comics, groovy! I must go check those out. The story and grandmaster ass-kicker Ash can surely make a nice series of books.
I'll try to find some soon and will place a review here in case I succeed.

And for the comic book downloading.... what the hell! A true admirer would pose having a real book in the hands far above staring at some screen. The whole feel of reading comics gets wasted that way. And as said here earlier, that's killing the industry. Comics are not overpriced like CD's and movies, and all people involved in their creation make nowhere near the money like in the music and movie industry. Give them the deserved respect by buying real books and don't be a lazy sod by pluckin them from the net. After all, is there not charm in having to hunt around for that one issue of a series you just need to complete it?

cd_rek
Got issue 1 yesterday.
It's really a fantastic comic and you should definitely sheck it out.

Fieldy69
i know this isnt th vs forum but if ash and duke nukem were in the same room and ash had his sawed off shotgun and duke had his shotgun who would win this fight?
i think duke nukem is cool but he is such a rippoff of ash

TheFilmProphet
Actually Duke is more of a ripoff of Arnold Schwarzenegger.

MERCILOUS
Duke is a ripoff of eveything cool. I like Duke but he doesn't have an original bone in his body. Ash on the other hand has style. His own style!

TheFilmProphet
I agree

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.