Hellraiser

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dario Argento
Hellraiserfans should check this out

http://www.anchorbay.co.uk/perl/search.pl?CO=ABD4336P

zombieman
Nice boxset, loads of extras. The two short films by Clive Barker sound good.

I'll be meeting Pinhead (Doug Bradley) in the flesh on the 23rd of this month, I'll get some photos taken and put them up on here.

WindDancer
That's a great package! I'm not sure about buying it. There is a especial edition tin case Hellraiser set (also from achorbay), I've been looking for months. It sells around 35.99 and I remenber seen it once. I do love the lament box style.

Evil Dead
that looks nice..........the lament packaging and everything......but I'm anti- any box set that doesn't include every movie of the series. That really should be Hellraiser 1-6.

thegreatrudini
i totaly agree with u on that 1. Ive got em all on vid at the mo but if they ever all come out on dvd ill b tempted

MildPossession
I am thinking of getting the digi box version, not the LE cube box, been out for some time here.

Don't have any on video at the moment, well only recorded but television cuts bits out here to slot into the time schedule.

Wolfie
I've only seen the first Hellraiser and I love it! Are the other five as good or possibly exceed the original? Are they any good at all?

Cinemaddiction
I believe "Hellraiser 2: Hellbound" is as good as the original. Hellraiser 3 gets a little hokey, but is cool, because Pinhead is actually in a position where he loses his defenses at some point. 4 is set in space, so draw your own conclusion there.

IMO, they get progressively worse, although, I should purchase 3.

ragesRemorse
Yeah. Inferno was ok though. low budget,but a decent movie. hellraiser 3, bloodlines and hellseeker are complete shit though. the next two look kind of promosing though

HEMLOCK
I SAW HELLRAISER ONCE AND IS CLIVE REALLY GAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Dario Argento
??

Cinemaddiction
Clive Barker is indeed homosexual.

tabby999
WOW I DIDN'T KNOW THAT, HEY, DO YOU KNOW HOW TO TURN OFF THE CAP LOCKS? I'M CONFUSED AND NEED A LITTLE HELP HERE wink

SlipknoT
WHATS WITH THE CAP LOCKS YOU GUYS?

Cinemaddiction
idontknowbutnowmycaplocksshiftkeycommaperiodandspa
cebararebrokenyoubitchesbutyeahbarkerisgayhesstill
godly

SlipknoT
ilikedthefirst3moviesihaventseenanyoftheothersafte
r3though

ragesRemorse
dontwasteyourtimethen.

tabby999
IDONTKNOWTHEDEALWITHTHECAPLOCKSBUTHEMLOCKWASDOINGI
TANDIWANTTOLOOKCOOLINFRONTOFSTRANGERS

thegreatrudini
I heard the lamenant box set was only available in the UK

dean7879
why the hell has the english dialogue been dubbed to american accents...what the **** is the point?? its gets worse..whats wrong with america!

tabby999
in the movie "run lola run" they have Australian subtitles, where instead of saying "ciggarettes" they say "ciggys" and other aus slang. so stupid!

Lord_Andres
Hah thats noobie subtitles, using slang that way is totaly idiotic

eggmayo
I got the English dubbed version of Run Lola Run, so much better.

Wolfie
Is this the best Hellraiser III Region 1 DVD? It's the only one I can find in online stores.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005MM6C.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Cinemaddiction
That looks so ghetto, lol. There's also one with the cover of "Hellraiser" on it. There's no "official" Region 1 release for 3, though.

Wolfie
I know, really half-assed, huh? Take the cover from the first and slap in a new background and you have #3 I guess. And with 'Special Edition' written so huge there, you'd think there was something special about it, huh? Fullscreen only, not one special feature! But the only one I could find. sad

dean7879
get the region 2 release

Dario Argento
I own the German release of it without any subtitles, so I have to be really consentrated when I watch it.

Wolfie
I'm sorry, I don't know anything about the different regions. What can be played on US DVD players?

dean7879
region 1 only for usa dvd players but you can get a code which allows you dvd player multiregion....
my dvd player is a pacific 1002 and wasnt multi region...and what i did to make it multiregion was type in on yahoo 'pacific 1002 dvd region code hack'

then find the code for that particular dvd player

1.Press the Open/Close button on your remote control to open the drive tray
2.Press the 8, 4, 2 and 1 buttons on your remote control, in order, one at a time
3.Press the Enter button on your remote control until the hidden menu appears
4.Select 1 for region 1, 2 for region 2, and so on, or All for multi-region
5.Press the Open/Close button on your remote control

thats how easy it is!

tabby999
i dont understand why you guys dont free'ly get multi reigon DVD players, in aus there everywhere, even the one i got from JVC with my surround sound system is reigon free. if you want to buy a DVD Player thats reigon free, try get a Wintel, the new ones are quality and reasonably priced too

Wolfie
I tried that and nothing happened. Does that work for every brand DVD player?

tabby999
no, like he said, go have a look for the band you have and ask for the specific model you have too!

Wolfie
Ooooh, I must've accidently overlooked that part. Thanks, all.

SlipknoT
I just started collecting the Hellraiser Action figures

Wolfie
Yes, I've seen them around. Good quality and not too expensive. I've been thinking about getting Pinhead at least.

dean7879
nah its not supposed to work for every dvd player....just my pacific..
type your dvd player name in yahoo along with the words 'dvd region code hack' then search for a similar code

eggmayo
Theres another way, on some DVDs there is a hidden menu with region on it.

Wolfie
Yeah, I did that, found a great site with hacks for many DVD players. It worked perfectly. Thanks. big grin

Do the settings go away if I unplug it?

SlipknoT
Yea, I have pinhead, Chaterer, and frank

tabby999
do they cost much?

dean7879
no they should stay the same

SlipknoT
About $9

tabby999
american i assume

Wolfie
I've seen them for about $12.

SlipknoT
I get mine at suncoast video for $9

BackFire
moved to dvd discussion.

General warts
hell raiser 1 - 2 and even through 3 were like one long but good movie. does any body know where i can find the fold up cube collection new in the usa.

Wolfie
I doubt you'll find it in the States. I have the whole series and had to buy them all seperately (though 1&2 do come in a set, cover looks just like the first movie).

pr1983
This is the one i got... i had no interest in getting the other 3...

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0002KRU3I.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

though the cover art is slightly different, it has the same content...

Deano
yeh ive got that one

pr1983
Originally posted by Deano
yeh ive got that one

and a sweet pack it is...

knight
Originally posted by Deano
why the hell has the english dialogue been dubbed to american accents...what the **** is the point?? its gets worse..whats wrong with america!

I agree... it's like going to hell in Australia so I have been told.

If you go to Aus' you are expected to speak Australian, on one on Earth can speak it but them though...

You get Dumb-****s that say "I can't understand those British accents they should speak properly".

Well they had better not sit and watch Taggart, I do and I have no problem understanding anything.

They also have the nerve to watch Parkinson once and say
"I don't know anyone on there, that old guy should get of T.V."

I missed Parkinson once in 10 years, due to my VCR was ****ed and I had a ticket to Fleetwood Mac that Saturday night, Sean Connory was on Parkinson for the first time that night.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/hot_knight/bigcountry_banner.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.