Terrorism in The Matrix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superfly4000
Is it just me, or is most of the stuff that Neo, and Morpheus, and Trinity,do Terrorist acts? Is it right for them to kill inoccent men and women in order to support there cause. If the world we live in is indeed the Matrix, could September 11th be something done by freed members of Zion? If you think my question is stupid, please say so, because i'm begining to think it's stupid as I write. sad

JediHDM
by members of the system, yes, what they do is terrorist acts. as for whether 9/11 could feasibly be done by freed minds, i don't think so. if this was the case, the government would tell us that hacker/terrorists did it, not Al Qaeda, as the govt claims.

trav6612
I think your question is retarded in regards to comparing 9/11 and the matrix, although what neo and crew do in the matriz could be considered terrorism by the people, generally terrorism is defined by the government in which controls the people, so therefore the machines would easily classify them as terrorists in order to bring them in sooner

WindDancer
I really fail to see a connection between the Matrix and 9/11. But to answer the debate of Neo, Trinity, and Morpheous being terrorists. No, they are not. They are more like "Freedom Fighters". Machines control the humans and humans battle them.....kinda like Terminator. Whoah, what a coinscidence. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Phoenix
I don't think he/she is comparing it with 9/11. what he/she is saying is that IF WE WERE IN THE MATRIX, 9/11 COULD have been by Zion, with the Agents making us believe it was Al Queda ((sorry for spelling, I'm not sure how to spell it)).

In answer to the rest of the question, yes, the Neo Trio's acts could be construed as Terrorism - they invade a building and threaten to kill everyone in the room ((begin of Rev)), they blow up a car and steal a motorcycle ((car chase, Reload)), they single out and kidnap people, giving them new identities ((Mr. Anderson to Neo, Matrix))

((There are more examples, I am merely using these three to illustrate my point))

Korri
i think its great no expression

mc pee pants
you cannot have a war without casualties. terrorists? copper-tops who don't know better would say so... so would the machines. i don't think they would just hack into the system and start offing people. they look as if they are very nonchalant about copper-tops dying is because they could be over-ridden by agents at any given time... so the less people, the less chance an agent is gonna pop up.

Agent Elrond
As Morph said, anyone still plugged can possibly become an agent. Agents aren't good, and by kiling SWAts and army guy, it can mean less chance for agents

Superfly4000
Thanks Pheonix for clearing that up big grin

MC Mike
No, the governemnt wouldn't tell us that. no2

JediHDM
also, they zionists, so to speak, are trying to free the people, not kill them. it would be easy to walk into the matrix, set up a bunch of nuclear devices, then jack out and watch the matrix disintegrate. that is not what they are trying to do.

Darth Revan
No, the gov't wouldn't tell us that if it was done by hackers... Because nobody knows that we're living in the Matrix. They couldn't just tell everybody like that, because then the whole system would collapse.

As for the thing about "freedom fighters," you have to realize that to the people who hijacked the planes on 9/11, they ARE freedom fighters, just the same as Neo, Trin, and Morpheus are.

WindDancer

Phoenix
But there is the dilemma... "I am a freedom-fighter... you are a terrorist..." Everyone believes their cause is just - therefore they are a freedom-fighter... you do not believe someone elses cause is just -- they are a terrorist

<<Solo>>
WTF?

WindDancer
I beg to differ. A Freedom Fighter can be consider a revolutionary. A terrorist and a Revolutionary is NOT the same thing. Why? Becuase, revolutionary seek to destroy Government Military complex. A revolution fights and kills the army of the governments. Whereas Terrrorist do the same thing BUT they also kill civilians. A revolutionist never aims to kill civilians, but rather use propaganda to declare their cause. A terrorist goal is to kill the enemy whether civilian or military. Revolutionist kill soldiers NOT civilians. That's the difference I see.

I think is more suitable to call Neo, Trinity, and Morpheous and the ppl of Zion "Revolutionists" because for them the machines are the enemy. But they don't seek to destroy ALL machines. If that was the case then the machines used in Zion would have been destroy a long time ago. Basically is humans vs. Machines. That doesn't mean humans vs. ALL Machines.

Superfly4000
Think of it this way. Osama Bin LAden blew up two bulidings, that makes him a terrorest...

We sent two Atomic Bombs to Japan and killed thousands of inocent people. So whose the terrorist?

WindDancer
If you wanted to talk about the bombings on Japan during WWII you are late for the party Look here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=296407&highlight=hiroshima

Superfly4000
The point was that Terrorists, and Freedom fighters can be considerred as the same thing. Who are we to say who's which?

Phoenix
thats my point exactly. To us, Osama's actions are completely unjust. To him they are furthuring his cause. It is all a matter of perspective. ((and before you start shouting, Osama is a terrorist in my view, I'm just saying that these things are subjective))

WindDancer
Take another view......who are they to call themselves freedom fighters? Yes, we see them as terrorist, but in their own twisted logic they are Freedom fighters trying to kill the infidels. And another thing whether you consider Osama Bin Laden a terrrorist or not......what does that got to do with The Matrix movies?

pr1983
wallbash

Superfly4000
Who are we to call ourselves freedom fighters? What is Freedom? What is Terrorism? All of these things rely on perspective. If a matrix fan can't figure that out, they don't deserve to be here... mad

slinger
To me, they're freedom fighters and terrorists. They're fighting to save us and for our freedom. But they come into the Matrix and kill SWAT guys for their cause, they're innocent people.

mc pee pants
those innocent people have a high tendecy of becoming agents and popping one in the rebels heads. the less copper tops around, the less possibility an agent would just pop up.

Superfly4000
Thats the same mentallity that a "Terrorist" has. THis conversation is so complicated that it can never end...

mc pee pants
no... a terrorist kills for the sake of killing. the rebels had reasonable cause to do what they do. killed or be killed.

Superfly4000
No body kills for absolutely no reason. People kill because they are angry. Osama Bin Laden was angry at the American Sytem.The Rebels are angry at the matrix system. Its all very simillar...

mc pee pants
okay... then they're angry at the agents.

Superfly4000
Isn't it stange that we watch a large Hellicopter crash into a building in The Matrix, and don't care about the innocent people that died in the building. i mean, they saved Trinity with the cost of hundreds of lives.

mc pee pants
you're presenting questions that have the same answers...

Superfly4000
What the f**k

mc pee pants
don't take this personal, but these questions all have the same answer... they appear not to care because the less people around, the lesser chance an agent might pop out. they could care less if it's a nun or priest, a man or woman, cop or civilian. the fact of the matter is their first priority is their survival. what could they do for the cause when they're all dead? i'll probably be the same way if i was in their position. i would not hesitate to shoot a cop before an agent could take over his shell. the farther the next copper top is away from me, the better. so, you see, you could ask why they did not care or why didn't they shoot people in the leg... the same answer will come up. their survival is top priority.

JediHDM
Actually, they do care. thier primary objective may be self-preservation, but their goal is to save those in the Matrix. Just going around killing everyone is not helping that goal. Also, the helicopter crash couldn't be stopped, so why fret over what cannot be changed?

mc pee pants
exactly. and i don't mean that they just go around randomly killing people. it serves them no purpose. if people that present a threat happen to be in the way, then by all means, they will shoot.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.