Did you ever notice?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cyclops
This is a thread about general observations in the Star Wars movies. If this thread has been done before, then I am sorry.

Anyways...

Did you ever notice that the voices of the Jawa's in A New Hope are very similar to the voices of the Ewoks in Return of the Jedi?

Julie
nope....did ya notice that the blaster bolts in the new trilogy seem to fly faster than the old trilogy ones????.....and I'm sure this has been done...but perhaps long ago and it's always a fun thread anyways

Cyclops
How about Obi-Wan in the first movie stating how the Stormtroopers have such "accurate shots" but somehow cannot manage to hit anybody (except Leah in ROTJ)

Julie
it's the old hero protection thing something the EU books esp NJO were not afraid of

Cyclops
Hero's are immune to bullets/blaster shots?

VengeanceGOD
Actually, there's more to it than that. The original line is something like "These shots are too accurate for Sandpeople. Only Imperial Stormtroopers could be this accurate." And then, as is well documented, for the rest of the trilogy the Stormtroopers can't hit shit. But then, we get to Episode I. And the Sand People pick off Podracers going 600 miles per hour.

Obi-wan's a liar. smile

Cyclops
I never thought of that part...

Holy Shit!

Baylin
NO! mad OBi Wan is not a liar, its the truth... From certain point of view... stick out tongue big grin

Cyclops
Ha! Classic.

eleveninches
Did you notice on the cast credits of episode 1, it casts jabba the hutt as himself

Cyclops
Really? Kind of weird. They never ACTUALLY showed Jabba in A New Hope (until the special edition)

Barf Heaven
Well that's probably cos they were planning to show Jabba originally and they used some nameless fat guy in a fur coat to film him... Plus when the did add him in the SE, he was just really poorly done CGI (and it took the poor chaps a year to do that...)

Did you notice...
The term "R2 unit" is applied to all astromech units in ANH. The "red" droid that blew up when they were buying him was refered to as an "R2 unit" rather than an astromech droid...

eleveninches
I meant the Phantom menace credits, not ANH

Ushgarak
Indeed, Eleveninches was not talking about ANH!

As for Obi-Wan lying... what do you think he was trying to say? That only stormtroopers could hit the side of a Sandcrawler? Hardly a tricky target...

Barf Heaven
Well, that is what Obi-Wan implied...

And I guess the same thing about Jabba applies to TPM--he's just CGI so he's not really "played" by anyone...

Cyclops
I suppose that Obi-Wan might have meant that only Stormtroopers could hit the side of a giant Sand Crawler.

Another thing (which I am sure most people have heard of/noticed) is in Empire, why does Obi say Yoda is the Jedi who trained him when it was Liam Niessen (Qui-Gon) that did the actual training?

Julie
Qui gon's not alive at the time...and from a certain POV obi wan did train under yoda...as did all younglings

Baylin
Obi Wan really wasnt a good jedi, he was a manipulative liar who blamed all his mistruths on 'certain point of view'!

Dirty Vader
GEE!!! The stormtroopers didnt blow up the sand crawler with their blaster rifles (not powerful enough). They must of used a Fortress or another type of cannon (target lock and fire).
Plus as has already been mentioned, the sand crawler wasnt a moving target. Its big and not much of a target.

eleveninches
obiwan didn't lie to luke, ben did.
Obiwan became ben kenobi, just like anakin became darthvader

Baylin
Now theres a fair way of looking at it. Although I always got the impression he changed his name to help him stay hidden.

eleveninches
But in that case, wouldn't he have changed his last name as well???
And wouldn't he have changed lukes name too???

Maybe he used some kind of force trick to cloud peoples minds about their names

Barf Heaven
No, he changed his name to keep his identity hidden. There are probably several million people/creatures with the last name "Kenobi", just because we're talking about an entire galaxy here, so the last name wouldn't matter.

angiethedragon
Ok have you ever noticed that Sith almost always tell the truth but no one ever believes them,

Darth Vader telling Luke that he is his father, Luke doesn't believe him

Dooku telling Obi-Wan about the sith controling the empire, Obi-Wan didn't believe him either

Cyclops
The Dark Side clouds everything

eleveninches
and sith telling the jedi that the dark side is stronger, not being believed

Ushgarak
It is because lies and deceit are the way of the Sith. It so happens that being deceitful can involve telling the truth!

Cyclops
quite the paradox... or something of the sorts

Baylin
You'd make an excellent politician/prime minister Mr Ush sir! laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Everyone should have noticed that- it is deliberate.

Yoda gave Obi-Wan his basic training, QGJ is the person whof rist toom him out into the world- hardly an appropriate task for Yoda.

GL put in Obi-Wan's line "Master Yoda taught me that I should be mindful of the future" purely to maintain continuity with ESB by showing that Yoda did indeed give Obi-Wan the basic training that Obi-Wan wanted for Luke.

QGJ was doing something far more advanced.

Cyclops
Good point.

Another question: In ANH (A new hope), when Grand Morth Tarken (mind the spelling) blew up Alderan with the first Death Star, shouldn't Princess Leah be happy? She is queen now. (But, queen of what? She has rule over a planet that no longer exists, I suppose)

Cyclops
The line from the movie Clerks (more or less. it is not word for word):

In Return of the Jedi, the Death Star they were constructing was very much incomplete. Do you think that the Imperial Troopers were the only ones who were working on it? Do you feel that there was independant contractors helping with the construction? If so, how many were killed when the Rebel forces blew the shit out of it?

yerssot
she has to be happy cause her entire world blew up????
That's like every person you know getting killed and saying you should be happy cause now you can't get into a fight with them anymore

Cyclops
I was kidding... calm yourself.

angiethedragon
have you noticed that in AoTC artoo pushes 3P0 off the ledge in the same manner as he did on Jabba's barge in RoTJ

eleveninches
What do you think C3PO would think if he found out that he was made by Darth Vader?

In episode four, who do you think Vader recognises first, Luke, C3PO or R2D2??

He might have felt Luke through the force, but even in the death star trench run at the end of episode four, vader is surprised when he says "the force is strong in this one", so he does not recognise Luke as his son through the force then.

tk-622
I dont think that vader could have recognize c-3po or r2-d2 because they are millions of droids just like them like in a ANH at the beginning when they were running behind c-3po there was another protocol droid just like him, they were more chances of obi-wan or owen lars to identify them(at leat owen could recognize 3po in ANH)

QX100
Hey, is C-3PO Technically Darth Vadars son?

eleveninches
Maybe there are millions of similar droids throughout the galaxy, but vader might have recognised the customisations he did when building C-3PO. Anyway, he would have noticed that the 2 droids who went to the death star with obi-wan were the exact same 2 droid models that used to follow obi-wan/ankin about before he became vader.

Bagels
Did you ever notice how when Jango Fett was getting into his ship after fighting Obi-Wan in AOTC, that he bumps his head going in?

Did you further know that they did that on purpose as a gag to the one who bumped his head in ANH? wink

Bagels
Oh! I thought of another one. Did you ever notice that the cave on Degobah, doesn't really look like a cave. It really looks like some sort of man-made structure. Just look at the side when it does the close up of Luke's face just before he sees Vader. I wonder if it'll come out in E3. big grin

speiderman
I will look for that.

Creechuur
Sorry if this is offtopic, but i have a question about stormtroopers.

We know that the Emporers army started off as clone troopers, but does the OT-era stormtrooper army use clones? Han went to the Imperial Academy I assume to become a stormtrooper, and I've read other stories about human stormtroopers, so I know their not all clones, but do you think they still use some clones in the OT?

Sucks for the Emporer. His army started off as a legion of Jango Fett warriors and ended up as a bunch of losers that can't hit the broadside of a bantha!

QX100
Have you noticed that in AOTC during the speeder chase there is a part when you an X-wing being chased byvader's tie and 2 tie fighters

§pearhead
I'm pretty sure the Academy refers to the Imperial Navy, either TIE pilots or capital ship officers.

tk-622
yes they are all clones, in the comics they say that they are clones and they also talks about one in a comic(i dont remember the number) it reveals that stormtroopers are really clones and it reveals that they cant think for themselves as normal people do just like the guys in kamino said.

Creechuur
Good point Spear, that makes sense.

Wow, theyre all clones huh? Not Jango clones though, they must be using different stock.

Julie
I think this has been done, but it's always good to get refreshers......yes, did you ever notice the blasters fire faster in the new movies than the old ones....which means that "bullets" slowed down with advances in time.

wuTa
did u ever notice how rude han solo was in ESB...when he 1st saw vader at the dinner table he just opened fire without even introducing himself....its no wonder vader froze him....if someone opened fire on me while i was trying to eat i'd freeze them too

yerssot
yes, it's explained on the commentary on the AOTC DVD

eleveninches
/\yeah. i saw that as well yes

Dirty Vader
whaaaaa? someone explain to me this outrage....

Bagels
Yeah at what part do you see that. I want to look for it! big grin

QX100
Check the Audio Commentary and Jhon Knoll's say's now and look at the bottom left corner it's a bit difficult to see. Also why does Yoda live in an old folks home, He should make a room in the Temple.

yerssot
if Knoll didn't say it no one would have seen it

QX100
Have you noticed how thing like songs and scene clips are played back in others Movies

trv16
hi eleveninches have you seen clovie

trv16
no not really

trv16
but isnt that braking the law

yerssot
nah, if you want a bad guy to get famous, play the imperial song, just as long as you pay proper credit to them

Bagels
Did you ever notice that for a pacifist, Padme is one hell of a fighter? wink

yerssot
hey, as the ad says... profession: galactic senator wink they have to fight well

Bagels
So a peace loving planet still holds fighting lessons? wink

yerssot
they're the worse kind wink

§pearhead
Good fighter? Nah...she was just a lucky shot wink

Bagels
Well, it's not only that, she doesn't really hesitate. wink

yerssot
which shot do you mean now?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.