How old do you have to be to own a gun?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KidRock
I live in connecticut. How old would you have to be to own a gun or buy one around here? Anyone have any ideas?

MC Mike
Even if I did live there, buying a gun would be a bad idea, but I'm not going into that. thumb down

BackFire
I'd guess 18, not sure though.

Agent Elrond
http://www.ct.gov/bfpe/site/default.asp

I think that might have the answer. Just use google to find it.

mc pee pants
guns don't kill people... ignorance kill people. if you plan on acquiring a gun, make sure you educate yourself on safety and handling of such device. and lock it up. please.

amity75
I don't know how old you have to be but a maximum mental age of 6 is ideal.

big gay kirk
Dunno... but in England, you can own an air rifle with an operating pressure of 12 ft lbs or less, or an air pistol of 6 ft lbs or less at any age, but you cannot buy one until you are 14... you cannot own more powerful air guns or live ammunition guns until 18, and then only if you have a Firearms Certificate issued by the police, and belong to a gun club or can prove that you need the gun for work... except for air pistols, where it is illegal to use or own any air pistol that runs off a separate air cartridge....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.