Thor Vs Shazam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rag
THOR WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH SHAZAM!

SHAZAM HAS STRENGTH, SPEED, FLIGHT AND THE ABILITY OF USING LIGHTNING BOLTS.

BUT THOR IS THE GOD OF THUNDER AND LIGHTNING!
AND HAS THE ENCHANTED URU HAMMER-MJOLNIR!

SHAZAM ONLY REAL ADVANTAGE IS SPEED BUT HE HAS HANDS VERY FULL AND THOR ISNT SLOW IS HE!

THOR BY KO.

ScarletSpider
OKAY NEWB. TURN THE CAPS LOCK OFF.

Mane
1/7" thats it... 1/7" is all you have to move your finger to turn off your friggin caps lock!!!

Thor wins but Shazam deserves more credit than you give him.

rag
WHATS UP YOU GUYS?

I LIKE USING CAPITOL LETTERS.

Mane
we can tell.

Arachnoidfreak
Oh my god! my eyes are bleeding! Make it stop, MAKE IT STOP!!

Maestro
Lol

Mane
laughing

pr1983
in DC vs Marvel Thor fought Captain Marvel i.e. Shazam and beat him.

Mr_Famous
How could he lose? He's supposed to have the "wisdom of Solomon"

pr1983
who has it?

Mane
ive never once heard that Shazam has the "Wisdom of Solomon"

pr1983
Me neither

ScarletSpider
Yup. SHAZAM is an acronym for the various powers he has. As they are mystical in nature, each letter corresponds with a mystical and mythical being.

Solomon
Hercules
Atlas
Zeus
Achilles
Mercury

However in Thor's current iteration, with the power of the runes, along with the mythical ravens, Hugin and Munin (thought and memory) who provide him with "sight beyond sight", the returned Odin-power, and finding that the Thunder god does not need Mjolnir to control and call upon nature, he is one powerful mofo who would dispatch Captain Marvel with a wave of his hand.

crazyspinz
serious;y rag, u should stop with the caps, yer realy anoying everyone, not only in thi thread but all of yer threads, and most of witch suck, but this one isnt as bad, but still...

back to the subject

shazam sees thor, thor sees pansy in red and yellow jump suit, laughs, shazam attacks thor, shazam gets face full of hammer, thor takes a nap

Paola
rag: don't use caps here, it's annoying

Wynndar
Sword of Omens: give me "sight beyond sight"

DarkCrawler
THOR WOULD BEAT BAT...OH WAIT, YOU DIDN'T INCLUDE BATMAN IN THIS THREAD...

THOR WOULD WIN! NOW STOP MAKING THESE STUPID THREADS AND QUIT USING CAPS LOCK!

Jeez...

emraldguardian
Just for a change and since i like CAPTAIN MARVEL im going with him on this one , I mean he gave Kingdom Come Superman a run for his money and Thor couldnt even beat regular Superman.

crazyspinz
acualy, i think it is an acronym for the greatist heros of the past, through witch he got his powers and he has to say there names to transform, but saying al of that would take to long so he just says shazam, and his powers are basicaly a less tuff version of superman

Mr_Famous
From each of the names mentioned, a power is derived like wisdom from Solomon, strength from Hercules, speed from Mercury, etc. I read it in an old comic special (the old, oversized DC kind they used to have for the JLA)

supremthor
but shazam is able to hold hors hammer

ScarletSpider
When was this seen? Wonder Woman held Thor's hammer in Marvel vs. DC. There's the cover of Superman holding it in the JLAvengers thing, but I couldn't stand to read the series.

Thor is quite fast, he just rarely uses this facet of his powers. He's also taking a cosmic slumber at the moment sad. I can't wait for him to come back in 2005.

supremthor
but doest change the fact that once marvel grabs the hammer thors in deep deep trouble.

thor stil wins cause i like nim better

juggernaut74
why would some people think this is a stupid thread? I give this to Thor in a very very close battle. Shazaam is on Supermans level with no weaknesses. So Thors hammer might not be as useful. Shazaams only advantage is speed which could be enough to overcome Thor but I dont know. Thor is thousands of years old so his fighting experience is tremendous. Shazaam has the mind and soul of a 16 year old and this might be his downfall. Heck tomorrow i might give it to captain marvel.

Cosmo Kramer
Thor wins

supremthor
cool pic http://comicartcommunity.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=5634

MERCILOUS
But he also has the wisdom of Solomon. And I think the durability of Atlas (at least as i can remember it.) The Z stands for zeus. Is Zeus's lightning more formidale than the thunder god's? And one of the A's stands for Athena from which he gets his fighting ability. Thor might have the Odin Force, but BOTH character's are basically a pantheon in a convenient package. I'm slightly leaning towards Shazam.

supremthor
me to people think shazam is a push over cause he sounds stupid but when people really look at his powers they will realize that he is fuly able to defeat in a one on one fight.

wrathofachilles
If Shazam ACTUALLY had the power of Zeus he would be far above Superman and MM and others. How strong is he, because Hercules is 100+ level. Also, why would he have Solomon's wisdom, he's not a mythical character? His wisdom is far overrated, but he's still historical in most scholars' eyes.

Zeus' thunderbolts are superior to Thor's, he is the king of the gods in his pantheon after all. I agree that Thor would win if Shazam is a 16-year old. All the power in the world isn't going to help a teenager. Power-wise though, Thor isn't superior....current Thor maybe slightly.

juggernaut74
Shazam has all of the powers mentioned. Solomons' wisdom, Hercules' strenght, Atlas' endurance, Zues' power, Achilles' invulnerability, and Mercurys' speed. Shazam is be making a comeback in 2005. He has some team ups with Superman coming out next year.

Krissy Von Doom
Actually, it's the courage of Achilles. rolling on floor laughing

supremthor
what's the comic called

juggernaut74
The comic will be called Superman/Shazam First Thunder. And there will be a 3 issue mini before that one that is unamed.

supremthor
thanx smile evil face laughing

supremthor
any body no anything about dc thor

wrathofachilles
Achilles isn't invulnerable, so that's a pretty lousy power, lol. Perhaps they chose Shazam to be a kid in order to offset the unimaginable power they gave the character.

emraldguardian
Man they are going to have to come up with one hell of a villain to take on that team up.

MERCILOUS
The thing is he's depowered because the Black Bolt robbed him of some of his power. Otherwise he'd obviously win hands down. Here's one you'd appreciate wrathofachilles. The original Captain Marvel was a Clone of pre-crisis Superman (and still retained that power level for some time.)

QC sued and got the character. Then they changed his powers and gave him his own identity, but hardly took away any of the power.

Arsenal
DC should try to sue Marvel for Gladiator

wrathofachilles
QC? I was wondering what that meant, lol. I have old Captain Marvel comics (Marvel version), and I always wondered why DC had a Captain Marvel too. Seemed stupid. They should have changed the name. Marvel's was a lame clone of Superman then, he got his ass handed to him by Thanos.

juggernaut74
You guys are seriously confused here. They are two completely different characters. Not even close.

MERCILOUS
Now they are two completely different characters, this was not always the case.

QC (Quality Comics) is DC's old name. they changed there name to DC (Detective Comics) after the incredible success of the title with the same name.

juggernaut74
I thought Shazam made is first appearance in Whiz Comics.

ScarletSpider
They always were two completely different characters. One, concieved in the 40's by Fawcett Publications with the power of several characters from myth/history. The other, the greatest soldier from a space farring empire who has adopted Earth as his home planet to protect, given the nega-bands to provide him with strength, flight etc. (nowhere near as close as Supes, or his Marvel counterparts, he had wussy stats, like 10 tons) later changed to manipulation of photons, i.e. energy. And after ingratiating himself with some cosmic goombah, he gained cosmic awareness. All this stuff was passed on to his son and daughter.

Yes. SHAZAM, Billy Batson, Captain Marvel etc. were all originally owned by Fawcett Publications. QC/DC whatever they were called at the time sued Fawcett, saying CM was a rip off of Supes. The times were different, they won the case and the loses were so great that Fawcett went out of business, but not before selling SHAZAM off to DC. This was not the only time this happened. I believe the original Wonder Man was put out of action this way, back in the 40's long before Marvel resurrected the name for our ol' buddy Simon.

Talk about the major screw. "Yeah, we're taking all of your money, then your characters, then we're going to make ludicrous amounts of money using your characters. Have a nice life."

Of course, these were different times, and it would now be impossible for such a thing to go through. In fact, under new European and African Union laws, social heritage are now considered to have some sort of etheral copywrite about them. Awhile ago Iraq tried to sue Marvel Enterprises, saying the Hulk was a ripoff of Gilgamesh, from the epic story aptly named Gilgamesh, which is a large part of Iraqi (and other nations around that area's) social identity as far as myths and stuff go. Now we all know the Hulk is a beefed up crossing of Frankenstein's monster and Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde. So George Dubya invaded Iraq, because of weapons of mass destruction, and he really liked the Hulk movie and wouldn't stand for their slanderous lies. Anyways, it fell through.

juggernaut74
I thought mercilous and achilles were on crack or something. Good job setting them straight.

ScarletSpider
No problem.

The reason Marvel was able to get away with the title, Captain Marvel, is because DC hadn't published a comic by the name of Captain Marvel in however many number of years. Their lease on the name was up, and first come first serve, Marvel grabbed it up. These things aren't set in stone and after awhile they expire, the characters' likenesses stay copywrit, but the name is back to public domain. This happens a lot with Transformers, which is why you have a few characters with the same names but no relations. Hasbro/Takara is just trying to keep a hold on the names so no one can get them. Currently, I think, Marvel still has the rights to use Onslaught as a name for a fictional character, thus Hasrbo/Takara cannot use it at the moment.

wrathofachilles
How am I on crack? I didn't STATE anything, I asked. There is a difference. Learn it.

juggernaut74
What did you mean when you said Marvels was a lame clone of Superman. I must have misunderstood you.

MERCILOUS
That's why they got sued.

ScarletSpider
Back in the day--late 30's/40's the laws were more stringent (or actually, they just had not been fully established) regarding copywrites. A character that displayed the same traits as Superman, no matter his origin or other attributes of the character and his or her supporting universe, would come under some serious legal heat. Later on, as the universe of such characters expanded, the laws became less strict and wholly unenforcable.

MERCILOUS
I gotcha.

But who wins?

wrathofachilles
Mercilous stated that he was a clone of Superman. I just meant that if he was, he was lame one then because he got his ass kicked by Thanos. Besides, virtually every character who is super-strong, can fly, and travels in space is compared to Superman. He was the original after all.

MERCILOUS
Right, so who wins?

supremthor
thor wins but if shazam grabs thors hammer its over

miahera
big grin if Shazam has Thor's hammer, the match becomes Shazam vs. puny human.

Mider
I think everyone in here only says that Thor will win due to the huge lack of popularity and knowledge of Shazam from what ive read he was a pretty important character some comics such as Kingdom were he was one of the being who gave power to Gog so did Zues, the last gaurdian of the universe, and Highfather. In the end Gog had more power then all of them combined and he was pretty tough from what i hear.

MERCILOUS
How could Shazam get Thor's hammer?

I don't know what Gog has to do with anything. But you're right, Shazam is often underestimated, he's one of the few people truly on par with Superman.

dawsey28
confused

supremthor
i realy think shazam has a better chance at beating thor then tyhor does against him. shazam is faster and just as strong when is comes to combat. shazam main weakness is also probably his greatest strength. the reason i say this is cuss say both thor and shazam are both bloody snd weak and thor shazam turns into belly. all he has to say is shaam is his gonna be as good as new. and it could end up be bloody weak thor vs brand new shazam. or shazam could just takes thor hammer from the start and just end it.

olympian
"What did you mean when you said Marvels was a lame clone of Superman.

That's why they got sued."

They didnt lost the sue tho. Captain Marvel stop being published by that company when Superheroes in a general rule, werent making any profit. Especially by a company who wasent a big one like DC and its associates.

DC only bought the caracter later (during the 70`s i think). Together with some others of other small companies.

At least its what ive read before about the case.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.