Which way do you like to read Manga books?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WindDancer
Which direction you like the most?

BlackHatDefect
I don't really care,there no difference at all.

Hey,manga is manga

Lord Ryugen
The proper way right to left

Clovie
both eek! it is funnier.

Silver Stardust
Crap, I voted the wrong thing...roll eyes (sarcastic)

I prefer right-to-left because that's how they're published, and that way they don't have to flip the artwork (which can really get messed up).

Gregory
Right to left.

Robo-Chocobo
screw proper...if you learned to read english, spanish ect. then your more comfortable reading left to right, so it makes more sense to do so.

Silver Stardust
I can read both ways just fine, actually.

Gregory
But that's simply not true. It took me maybe five minutes to become fully comfortable reading right to left.

WindDancer
I'm used to reading from left to right. Books, Comic Books, Magazines, pulp, but it felt strange at first when I began to read Manga. Now I'm more used to it. Some Manga books (Dark Horse) are publish from left to right. Which I kinda think it helps as an intro to Manga.

Robo-Chocobo
5 whole minutes. you may be able to waste 5 minutes but I have better things to do. besides, why would I waste time getting "comfortable" whenits easier for me to read left to right. its simply part of the marketing for english reading audiences. we(majority of english speakers) want left to right. its how we were raised. so you tell me why I would waste my time over it.

Arachnoidfreak
I take it you are one of those people who microwave poptarts for 3 seconds, because toasting it for a minute and a half takes too much time. Which is kind of sad.

I'd read manga either way, doesn't really matter.

Gregory
If your time is that damn precious, why are you wasting it on an internet message board? For that matter, why are you spending it readin manga?

The art is designed to be read right to left, and is often noticibly better that way, to the point that some artists refuse to let their images be flipped. So there's your reason.

kanis
alien It depends on the manga but i normally read it right to left but their are manga that the left to right way to read like Akira.

Robo-Chocobo
simply..because it's just so fun to taunt you peeps over something so dumb *^_^;

also?

POPTARTS!? in the MICROWAVE!?

what heresy is this?

poptarts...in the microwave...crazy,...

everyone knows why you put them in the toaster......that way, while I wait 1 min, I can be here on the internet, mocking this right to left crazyness....

OOH MY POPTARTS DONE!!! BYE!!

Serket
I like right to left because that's how it was intended to be, and I didn't find it hard to learn. Less than two minutes to learn. And for some reason, I like to see the expressions on people's faces who don't know about manga when I walk by reading "backwards".

Robo-Chocobo
mmmmmmmmm Poptarts...........

oh yah...TAUNT!!!

Black Adam
zigzag.

jake hamoy
left to right!!! i like to see the end and spoil everything!!!!!

Jin Saotome
Left to right, it's the way I've been readin books, it's easier for me, well not really after I started readin manga I began to open all books "the Manga way", got really use to it. Plus looks silly in a public place...

Left to right is just the American way!

Maikahyandowen
reading it right to left is better, it just feels weird reading it the other way, plus they might mess it up if they flip it. And like Serket said, it's fun seeing the looks on people's faces when they see you reading "backwards"

yami180
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman
I take it you are one of those people who microwave poptarts for 3 seconds, because toasting it for a minute and a half takes too much time. Which is kind of sad.

I'd read manga either way, doesn't really matter.

wow this is so funny its true
why would it even matter? i mean sure if your born in america you'd learn to read left to right but what is 5 minutes?
its not like you have to get a high school diploma to read right to left manga.... gezze.

yami180
Originally posted by Robo-Chocobo
simply..because it's just so fun to taunt you peeps over something so dumb *^_^;

also?

POPTARTS!? in the MICROWAVE!?

what heresy is this?

poptarts...in the microwave...crazy,...

everyone knows why you put them in the toaster......that way, while I wait 1 min, I can be here on the internet, mocking this right to left crazyness....

OOH MY POPTARTS DONE!!! BYE!!

wow you are a total jackass

Maikahyandowen
not really

ScarletSpeed
Right to Left ofcourse its the only way shiftysmile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.