Star Wars Dvd

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthmikael
Maybe this is old news, but I'm just recieved my trilogy on DVD, and the firs thing that I have check was the last part of the Return of the Jedi; and for my surprise there is Hayden appearing in th place that belongs to Sebastian Shaw, and I was very angry.
How many times Star Wars have to change to adapt the non sense stuff that Geoge Lucas is doing into the new films?

Return of the Jedi was directed by Richard Marquand who have died after the release, and Mr. Sebastian Shaw was a very talented actor since 1930. I found very bad that George Lucas trown to the trash the vision and wor of such talented people deleting Mr. Sebastian Shaw at the end of the celebration.

This is some kind of homage to these people who are erased by the merchandising ... and a moment of respectful silence.

Sebastian Shaw:

Date of birth:29 May 1905 Holt, Norfolk, England, UK
Date of death:23 December 1994 Brighton, East Sussex, england, UK.

Filmography:
Chimera (1991) (TV) .... Dr. Liawski... aka Monkey Boy (1991) (TV)
Chernobyl: The Final Warning (1991) (TV) .... Grandpa... aka Final Warning (1991) (TV)
"Chelworth" (1989) (mini) TV Series .... Lord Toller
High Season (1987) .... Sharp
"Reilly: The Ace of Spies" (1983) (mini) TV Series .... Reverend Thomas... aka "Reilly: Ace of Spies" (1983) (mini) (USA)
Weather in the Streets, The (1983) (TV) .... Mr. Curtis
Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983) .... Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader's face... aka Return of the Jedi (1983) (USA: short title)... aka Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi (1997) (USA: video box title)
Timon of Athens (1981) (TV) .... Old Athenian... aka Complete Dramatic Works of William Shakespeare: Timon of Athens, The (1981) (TV) (USA: video title)
"Old Curiosity Shop, The" (1979) (mini) TV Series .... Grandfather
Judge's Wife, The (1972) (TV) .... The Judge
All's Well That Ends Well (1968) (TV) .... King of France
Midsummer Night's Dream, A (1968) .... Quince
Walk's End (1966) (TV) .... Major Gregory... aka Out of the Unknown: Walk's End (1966) (TV) (UK: series title)
It Happened Here (1966) .... Doctor Richard Fletcher
"Great War, The" (1964) TV Series (voice) .... Various
Here Lies Miss. Sabry (1960) (TV) .... James "Cracker" Talbot
Laxdale Hall (1953) .... Hugh Marvell, M.P.... aka Scotch on the Rocks (1954) (USA)
Glass Mountain, The (1949) .... Bruce McLeod... aka Montagna di cristallo, La (1949) (Italy)
Landfall (1949) .... Wing Cmdr. Dickens
Journey Together (1946) .... Squadron Leader Marshall
East of Piccadilly (1941) .... Tamsie Green... aka Strangler, The (1942) (USA)
Flying Squad, The (1940) .... Inspector Bradley
Bulldog Sees It Through (1940) .... Derek Sinclair
Three Silent Men (1940) .... Sir James Quentin
Too Dangerous to Live (1939) .... Jacques Leclerc
Spy in Black, The (1939) .... Lt. Ashington/Cmdr. David Blacklock... aka U-Boat 29 (1939) (USA)
Prison Without Bars (1939) (TV) .... Doctor
Julius Caesar (1938) (TV) .... Marcus Brutus
Squeaker, The (1937) .... Frank Sutton... aka Murder on Diamond Row (1937) (USA)
Farewell Again (1937) .... Capt. Gilbert Reed... aka Troopship (1938) (USA)
Birds of a Feather (1936) .... Jack Wortle
Jury's Evidence (1936) .... Philip
Tomorrow We Live (1936) .... Eric Morton
Men Are Not Gods (1936) .... Edmund Davey
Ace of Spades, The (1935) .... Trent
Department Store (1935/I) .... John Goodman Johnson... aka Bargain Basement (1935)
Jubilee Window (1935) .... Peter Ward
Lad, The (1935) .... Jimmy
Three Witnesses (1935) .... Roger Truscott
Brewster's Millions (1935) .... Frank
Adventure Limited (1934) .... Bruce Blandford
Four Masked Men, The (1934) .... Arthur Phillips
Get Your Man (1934) .... Robert Halbean
Way of the Youth, The (1934) .... Alan Marmon
House of Dreams (1933)
Little Miss Nobody (1933) .... Pat Carey
Taxi to Paradise (1933) .... Tom Fanshawe
Caste (1930) .... Hon. George d'Alroy

Richard Marquand

Date of birth:17 April 1938 Cardiff, Wales, UK
Date of death: 4 September 1987 Los Angeles, California, USA. (heart attack)

Filmography:
Hearts of Fire (1987)
Jagged Edge (1985)
Until September (1984)
Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983)... aka Return of the Jedi (1983) (USA: short title)... aka Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi (1997) (USA: video box title)
Eye of the Needle (1981)
Birth of the Beatles (1979)
Legacy, The (1978) ... aka Legacy of Maggie Walsh, The (1978)
Big Henry and the Polka Dot Kid (1976) (TV)
Luke Was There (1976) (TV)
"Search for the Nile, The" (1971) (mini) TV Series
Edward II (1970) (TV)

Show some respect for the work of the people who aren't with us.

ChrisHimself
how did you get the dvds so soon?

tlbauerle
And this was a surpise because.....

cylob49
Well it wouldve been a surprise for Sebastian Shaw if hed bought a brand spanking new dvd player and the boxset,sat down with some earl grey and some gingernuts.. skipped to the end of rotj only to discover his eyebrows had disapeared as well as the rest of him for the jedi ghost scene...but seeing as hes dead maybe this wouldnt happen
unless he has come back from the other side
in which case i hope he haunts lucas
maybe he could send his eyebrows to do the dirty work
ala the khourtoons in ep2
where am i going with this..........

cylob49
maybe he did come back as it says he was in CHIMERA in 1991
yet he died in 87
i saw Chimera and theres no way it took 3 years to complete the effects after pricipal photography was finished...they were crap.

cylob49
got to stop smoking this early in morning.......i mis read...MARQUAND died in 87..Shaw died in 94
oops
now which way to the CHEECH and CHONG forums...

Cipher
darthmikael, how did you not hear about those (and other) changes in the old movies? Its been known for quite a while.....

Changing the ghost scene actually makes more sense...

PVS
this thread belongs in the OT forum

Jayd265
how did u get the dvds a week early? i would have liked to know that before this week because if i order them now online i wont get them til like the 21 prolly

tlbauerle
Yeah, answer that last one...

GCG
Since darthmikael hasnt responded i am going to have to do some explaining for him :

he works in an airport....opens up the cargos and nicks the valuables....

works at a 7/11 on the highway. puts some sleeping pills in the truckers food and proceeds to ransack the load.

Darth Maverick
or maybe he is jus talkin sh1t

rayj
to hell with sabastian shaw

JKozzy
If he really has the DVDs right now, then good for him! More power to the guy, I'll be getting mine in five days. I believe the whole point of this thread isn't that he has the dvds, it's his surprise with the changes.

darthmikael, the changes you speak of were leaked pretty early on after the release, a whole bundle of changes came. Even a screenshot of Hayden replacing Sebastian Shaw surfaced, and nobody thought it was real, until someone posted the actual video, then it was either true, or somebody really had no life. But here it is, all the changes that Lucas wanted to do to the films, who knows what others he may do in the future.

However, his reasoning behind it made sense, in a way. I don't think I can explain it as well as some other forum members could, but basically, either Anakin dies in Episode III, and Sidious brings him back to life somehow , or his conversion to the dark side destroys the real Anakin Skywalker inside, which it most certainly seems it does for the most part. At the end of ROTJ, somehow Luke, Anakin's son, brings out the good in Vader, and he dies on the light side, and since he was "truly Anakin Skywalker" last in Episode III before his conversion, that's why Hayden appears at the end of ROTJ.

LanİeWindu
That's the one I choose.

JKozzy
Heh, that one makes a bit more sense to me. A bit clouded, but gee, I think I'm missing part of the story stick out tongue

It'll become set in stone come next may. big grin

darthmikael
I'm not living here, so I'm only posting when I get on line, I have a social life not like some of you nerds.
But the poin is believe or not, Richard Marquand HAVE DIED IN 1987 because a HEART ATTACK, and Mr. Sebastian Shaw in 1994 three years before his last film. And how mostly know, you don't make a picture after another, so Mr. Sebastian Shaw have some years before he died. Obiously most of you don't have any logic, even the knowledge for do a little search over the net and find more about this people who have worked in the saga that we most love. That's why I decided to post my homage, thinking that all of you fans were more than compulsive buyers or some sort of animals trying to get "strenght" from rumours.
But I see that this homage was vain.
How do I get my DVD's?, easy, I am someone that someone at lucasfilm found interesting as filmmaker and I get some kind of gift. Just for my work, nothing more.
If you don't believe what I have post , it's OK, good for you...
maybe you don't believe this:
at the end of ROTJ in the galactic celebration appears Naboo
in the ESB when vader talks with the emperor...guess what?...they have changed the actor who portrayed the emperor BACK THEN, with the Ian McDiarmid that we know as Darth Sidious...among some other little details that in the future you will know...think what you think of me...
I hope that someone SMART (with brain I mean) supports my little homage.

P.D. Maybe when I arrive at home, I'll do some screen captures for your galleries.

cal31
Wow eek! eek! eek! eek! , too bad we've seen the pics and known about the changes for over 2 months now laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Cipher
Well, I don't "live here" but being a fan, I do pay attention to what's going on.
These changes have been known and discussed ofr quite a while.

As for Shaw, they left in the best part of his appearance: the dramatic death scene. Changing the ghost makes sense, to me.

As for Marquand, he didn't own the film. And from what I've heard, he barely directed that movie.

And if you're some friend of Lucasfilm, shouldn't you have known about this stuff?! But I forget, anyone can claim to be anything on the net.....

Parjay
Yeh the amount of directing Marquand did on Jedi is suspect. That's why David Lynch turned down directing Jedi, because he didnt want to work under Lucas.

cylob49
I guess and i dont know if this has been mentioned but i reckon they have put Hayden in Shaws place to ease what were going to see Anakin get up to in ep3...leave us with a less bitter taste in our mouth over what Haydens Anakin does.

Red Superfly
I've always wonderred what Ghost Obi-Wan would say to Ghost Anakin when they first meet, now that Obi-Wan is stuck in hisold form, and Anakin gets to go back to being a young buck.

"Aww you get to be young and I'm stuck as an old fart!"

Tex
I refuse to purchase the DVD's on account that they are not the original films seen in theaters upon their initial release.

GL has completely butchered 2 new SW films, there is no reason for him to diminish the grandeur of his earlier work.

Will there be a DVD release of the old films that haven't been enhanced with addition scenes and unnecessary special effects?

All I want is a cleaned up version with great sound.

yerssot
no, his SE were the latest "definitive visions" he had... now the DVD's are... and later the newer versions of course

Ushgarak
Yup; quite simply, you are never getting those, Tex. Purist sentiment gets you nowhere.

And Darthmikael, tone down that attitude.

Tex
GL washed-up trash! mad

I'll just stick with my VHS then! schmoll

finti
the extra material was dull

Ushgarak
Feel free, Tex, for all the good that will do you.

Anyway, general DVD discussion here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f5/t308349.html

Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.