AOTC gives answers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Falcon4ever
As long as I can remember I have wanted to know about the events in the upcoming Star Wars film, AOTC. In a New Hope we were introduced to an elderly Obi-Wan with qoutes like, "General Kenobi you served my father in the Clone Wars," and in ESB Yoda saying to Obi-Wan about Luke, "Much anger in him, like his father." TPM could not answer any questions most of us SW fans have, but now we are going to see the events take place, the Clone Wars, origin of Bobba Fett, Slave 1, the demise of the Republic, Anakin's feelings of love and hatred growing simultaneously, the beggining of the Empire, and the ongoing stuggles between Anakin and Obi-Wan. This is what Star Wars is all about, I can't wait to see the trailer on the big screen and then the movie in May. All who are able to enjoy the Star Wars extravaganza are truly lucky.

queeq
You think? You really think we are gonna see all that?

wink

Falcon4ever
I don't know about ALL of it but I know we are gonna get some answers to the questions that have eaten away at many of us for some time. Well hell, we will get more answers than we did in TPM that is for sure. What do you think?

He-Man
Ofcource AotC gives more answers to that kind of questions, but I think that most of the stuff like the clone wars would feel stupid without TPM. For most of the questions I had TPM told us the beginning, AotC the middle part and episode 3 the rest. Like Anakins fall is a much more sad thing when we saw he wasn't the badass in the beginning as a child.

TPM was just like it should have been. It showed us that things were good and then everything starts to go wrong. That's propably what made TPM a little uninteresting cause there wasn't like a big war and stuff.

peluffo
I agree with falcon, and think that AOTC is the FIRST STARWARS SERIE's movie!!! It really put the beguinning of the whole conflict about the fall of the republic, the Imperial rise, and the late fall of empire.

And TPM will become for me as a "prequel" of AOTC, were is explained the origins of Ani and Padme and Palpy/Sidious/Emperor

So, i'm sure that in the future, i'll see 5 movies (from AOTC to ROTJ) all together (and very many times), and sometimes (but less times), i'll take out the dust of my old VHS copy of TPM and see it.

Sorry for Qui-gonn, cause I really like that character, but JarJar and Cross-eyed Puppet called Yoda, and Boss Nass and the other, really makes me try to forget THAT as the 1st Star wars movie.

King Jedi
He-Man is right about TPM. Without it, AOTC would have to explain a lot more.

Before TPM, I wanted to know -
What the Galaxy was like before the Empire
How the Jedi worked
How the Senate worked
How the Sith worked
Who Luke and Leia's mum was
What Obi-Wan was like
How Palpatine became leader of the Galaxy

and in TPM all of that was shown. We didn't no any of that stuff before TPM.

peluffo
we REALLY need it?

I think all things work well if we start from AOTC.

He-Man
Ofcource we don't really need that stuff, it's just great to know these things. And as we all know many people would be happy if the story started from ANH and there wouldn't be PT at all. Too many people I think. sad

jedi212guy
George's problem is that he wants to explain everything. I think that he focuses too much on detail and not on the general flow of the movie, at least in TPM.

Julie
The answers to those ques would be nice, but for goodness sakes just enjoy the movie a few times and then come here and share with us the knowledge you learned smile

peluffo
(vader/ani's voice)

As you wish, M'lady...

big grin big grin smokin'

Julie
roll eyes (sarcastic) wink

...Vader's and Ani's voice???

ToMacco
As much as I didn't like The Phantom Menace compared to the original three, it is completley nessisary.

If we didn't have Phantom, we'd have too many unanswered questions: Where did Anakin come from, who was his mother? Who was Obi-wan's master? How did Palpatine come to power? And the most important question, why was Obi-wan given the role to be "the chosen one's" master?

Julie
Ah the old "it is a necessary evil" line......I like it ...it's fitting. wink

ToMacco
what?

Amidala
TPM was a good movie, it fell of the wagon a few times especially with the slap stick but if you dont want slap stick then dont watch star wars movies. C3po and R2 are basically comedy relief in the OT. i am sure if i was 5 years old again like i was when i first watched them i would love TPM for all of it's strange blends. if they re-shot two scenes - the planning of the battle, and the jar jar running around doing stupid things on the battle field part then the movie would be much better, but hey am i a billionare movie maker like lucas. ah no.

GL would admit that he was overly ambitious and it didnt really gel as well as he would have liked, hence the new scenes for the DVD, which i might add work very well, a further edit would have been nice, but i enjoy watching it still as much as the OT movies, i mean come on - how much more annoying could the ewoks be in ROTJ, just when your about to find out the secrets of the last movie you have got chewie swinging thru the tree's making tarzan noises. TPM fits that mold for me exactly, maybe a little to exactly but i like it all the same.

Back to the point.

EPIII will be the clone wars and all of the ANH tales will be revealed,there is a very leading line at the end of AOTC, which i might add is in the tralier.

You dont need to have 40 space battles to work out that annakin is the best starfighter pilot in the galaxy, you only need one. and from mr FETT's piloting skills in a certain asteroid field it would seem as though he will have some stiff oposition when it comes to fighting the clones in space.

I cant understand people that have posted items regarding there isnt enough time to reveal all of the ANH tales. May i ask what tales exactly, there is a very short reference to annakin in ANH,ESB and ROTJ. all of which mention nothing except:

he is very powerful - we know that from TPM
he is an angry young man - AOTC
he flys a mean starfighter - EPIII AOTC- TPM
he was seduced by the dark side - EPII & III

all of which i might add are answered in the OT movies anyway,
some people seem to think that there are a great deal of questions raised in the OT. not really.

i think you will see half now half later as far as annakins skills are involved, i bet you EPIII starts with the jedi on the run fighting the new order, the clone wars will be in full swing ( 2 years worth actually ) a huge battle will take place early where annakin is unstoppable and saves the day using his great skills. the rest of the story will involve his fall, the characters and what becomes of them.

There is plenty of time, dont be fooled by how little was revealed in TPM. you probably learnt more than you thought you did, or you will realise later. or then again myabe you wont.

smokin' big grin smokin'

LanceWindu
True. Just like GL said in the DVD commentary, TPM was the movie that introduces the characters and where they are from. Without it a lot of questions would be raised. If you just watched from AOTC on through the series you would wonder why Padme is reggarded as M'lady. Because she used to be a queen. People definately would wonder why Anakin was under OB1's leadership and many other things.

GL was right to make TPM. I watch this movie just as much as I watch the OT. Sure some of the live action acting may have been dry but that's the price of having an actor speak to a blue screen. Just a small price to pay for an over all great movie.

King Jedi
I agree with both of you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.