What is the best amazing spiderman comic ever

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

osa
Well

Mane
hmm...Kraven's Last Hunt is supposedly the greatest Spider-Man story ever written...

Paola
moving to Spider-Man forum...

thekingofmikes
I really didn't like that story too much... have you read it? Some people really enjoy it, but I have the whole run, and although the covers are pretty bad ass, the story is a bit lame (Kraven shoots himself in the end, after proving to himself that he can "Be" Spiderman.)
I have a bunch of personal favorites, that I also recommend to you guys that like Spiderman. I will list them below with a brief synopsis of the story...

Maximum Carnage: This 14 part series spans all of the Spiderman titles begining with Ultimate Spiderman #1. Carnage escapes from Ravencroft and recruits a band of bad guys to help him spread chaos in the city. The bad guys consist of Shriek, Demigoblin, Doppleganger, Carion, and of course Carnage. In order to stop them Spiderman must team up with Cloak and dagger, iron fist, captain america, fire star, black cat, morbius, deathlok and venom. The 14 issue series is full of action, and is a great read. You can pick these up pretty cheap at your local comic shop, or from some of the online stores.

Revenge of the sinister six (1990's version)
After their last battle with spidey, the sinister six were defeated and disbanded. Well now Doctor Octopus is back, and he recruits Electro, Hobgoblin, Mysterio, Sandman, (briefly before turning him to glass and shattering him) the vulture, and the alien goliath known as GOG. Traveling to other dimensions they arm themselves with some bad ass weapons and get ready for world domination.
Being out classed, Spidey calls Ghost Rider, The Hulk, Solo, Nova, Sleepwalker, Deathlok, and The fantastic four to help rid the world of the villians. Non stop action, a really bad ass read... The action starts in Spiderman #18

continued...

thekingofmikes
Amazing Spider-man #300
The first full appearence with Venom. The two duke it out, venom beats the snot out of spiderman for a while, etc... This is a high end book that will cost you a little cash to get your hands on. (No more then $60 in NM though, so if you are going to pay more then that you're shopping in the wrong spot)

Spiderman SPIRITS OF VENOM:
Spiderman teams up with ghost rider and Blaze to take out some baddies... venom ends up joining the mix, which makes for an interesting story.

And last but not least, anything from Amazing #300-#400
Many of the best spiderman comics lie in this range (In my opinion)

Hope this list helps some of you pick up some interesting reads. The Amazing spiderman is collected in The Essential Amazing Spiderman, which is a trade paperback series. Unfortunatly they are black and white, but it beats forking out some serious cash for some of the earlier issues... I've spent over $2000.00 on my amazing spiderman collection, and I don't even have half the series...

Mane
how did you spend $2000? becuase there arent 2000 issues, and they dont cost much more than $1.50-$2.50 an issue unless they are specials (i.e. - Venom's first appearance)

Mr Zero
The last copy of Amazing Spider-Man #1 that sold went for $40,000 - if you have one you want to offload for a buck fifty, drop me a PM.

Mr Zero
Not wishing to come over as preachy (yeah right) but if you think the best amazing spiderman comic ever is defined by yet another empty headed battle with Venom or Carnage or similar, you are woefully mistaken.

It's not subjective - it's not a matter of opinion - if you think diferent then you are %100 wrong.

Only one comic could ever be ever be considered as the greatest spidey issue. Narrowly beating the previous issue - Amazing Spider-Man #122.

Mane
*sigh*, Zero youre too pig-headed to read my whole post

i would include a first appearance as a "special"

Mr Zero
Dude if you understood that some issues are muy expensive what the hell were you bleating on about in the first place?

Mane
i didnt know if he meant he had $2000 worth of regular comics. i know he has some specials like #300.

Maelstrom
I would have to say Spider-man #1 (Black cover) by Todd Mcfarlane. That was the comic that released the platinum age of Marvel. The things they have done since, in production have been quite developmental. cool raver

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.