Cookery

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
Are you a good cook?

I suck. I mean I really suck. For my lunch today, all I had to do was shove a frozen meal in the oven - but the pastry didn't rise and the cheese didn't melt. My mum can make even a ready meal taste delicious - why should exactly the same procedure work for her and be a disaster for me?

Clovie
happy i can cook.

pinsleepe
Me too happy

Corran
I am an excellent cook, if anyone is even in my vicinity you should give me a shout and make me cook for you.

Gundark
I am an excellent cook also. Which means if Corran and I get in the kitchen together, we'll kill each other with spoons.

yerssot
hmmm... you do yerss-sized dinners too cor? big grin

I, myself, am imo a pretty good cook... I mostly "learn" things from a friend of mine who is the best chef around (besides corran) in the entire world
that and I do my own little trying... got my own speciality and all happy
I'll throw some at phoe for her to taste since she started the topic eek!
*throws spoon at phoe*

pinsleepe
Kill each other with spoons? Hey, I like that! I need to see it!

Capt_Fantastic
I learned how to cook from my father, who in turn learned how to cook from his father, who was the head chef at the Waldorf Astoria in New York city when he first came to this country. My father and I used to stay up till all hours of the night cooking. Sometimes we would cook just for the sake of cooking. Now, I cook all the time. The first rule I had to learn was that you CAN NOT cook everything on high! Sometimes you have to cook it lower and longer, but it tastes better in the end!

pinsleepe
*is shocked* this passion, omg.

Papaumau
Real cookery in the home is dying out to some extent as there is now so many convenience-foods on the supermarket shelves.

The cooker has been exchanged for the microwave and the food-processor has been exchanged for the chiller-cabinet or the can.

I think that as all of the best cooks and chefs are men we should fight to keep the home-cooked food as the norm. After all, I have found that the most erotic and aphrodisiacal thing that a man can do is take the girl-friend home and cook her a great meal....after that guys... she is yours !

pr1983
guys i need your help, i can cook, but i dont have access to many recipes, but im looking for stir fry recipes, u guys know any or where i can get any? to be precise beef or pork stir fry.

also, cooking is dying out because people just dont have the time or the energy anymore, which is such a shame.

yerssot
pr1983:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,pork_stir_fry,FF.html

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,beef_stir_fry,FF.html

wink

Papaumau
Nice one Yerssot.....

And....PR1983....

If you just knock everything off after the ".com" on the above addresses and hit your enter button again you will get to the homepage of those addies ! After that , the sky's the limit !

The internet is crammed full of great cooking tips so why don't you just pop the word "cooking" ( without the quotes ), into GOOGLE and read on !

Baylin
I'm a suberb cook, you can even ask all the people I've cooked for. They can all be found in the same place - the cemetery...

silver_tears
I love to cook, and more importantly bake eek!
It's relaxing for me and I like being in the kitchen alone happy

Papaumau
Mind you Baylin....

It is difficult to get information out of a corpse ! eek!

WindDancer
I'm a great salad maker. happy

Baylin
seriously though I am a very good cook and I love to experiment with different food from all over the world (Not all in the same dish though!)

silver_tears
oh that takes skill yes

Papaumau
Ahhhh...but do you eat it ?

Salad is for rabbits ! sick

Baylin
Yeah and look what else rabbits are famous for - I'm with the Salad! big grin
And no I dont mean a little fluffy tail! bunny

silver_tears
I just got lost there confused

But I love caesar salad and greek salad love

yerssot
bleurgh, you don't make friends with salad stick out tongue

I aim to hit wink

Baylin
A nice cold pasta and rice salad with lots of tomato and a nice vingerette dressing, maybe some garlic and herb bread as well.

Dessert - chocolate cake!!!

Papaumau
A nice hot sirloin-steak with French mustard and as long as they don't take up much room on the plate a few mushrooms and fried onions and fried potatoes.

THAT...is real food !

silver_tears
not for those of us who plan to live past 40 stick out tongue

pr1983
thx guys ive tried googling before but it just didnt seem to work for me,
thx again

Baylin
Drop the french mustard, make it English whole grain with whisky mustard and you've got a perfect meal!drool

Papaumau
Not going to argue with THAT as I like wholegrain mustard too !

Silver Tears.....

I am well past forty and I am as strong and fit as I was last year when I was throwing trees and heavy weights about a Highland Games field !

I think that meat is fine as long as it is the best cuts and it is low-fat !

As long as the onions and the potatoes are fried in monosaturated fat - and used only once - there is very little risk of any cholesterol choking the veins or arteries there !

yerssot
funny, I just entered beef stir fry and pork stir fry on google and that was the first site to pop up

darn, just returned from a rather excellent oriental meal... if there is one thing I can recommand it's that soup with lemongrass (if that's the correct english name)

Arachnoidfreak
I love to cook, and women love it when I cook...oh YEA Jackpot baby!

My favorite thing to do is probably chicken wrapped in bacon, or sirloin steaks, or a fillet, with a side of rice and beans. (The rice and beans are standard, I'm Puerto Rican.)

WindDancer
I'm not an expert, but is fun to practice. wink

I'm more of a season eater. During summer I like salad bars. In Fall and winter I love soups. I suck at making soups. My favorite is onion soup.

Evy_O
I can't cook cry
well I can boil eggs and that's about it stick out tongue

so do I eek! greek salad I mean

silver_tears
droolio yummers

Arachnoidfreak
This is off topic but...What's the name of the song in your sig!?!? I've heard that song for years on the radio but never found out the title. ninja

lil bitchiness
Im a great cook, but I dont enjoy cooking, so i tried to avoid it in the past. Now, I have an eating plan which requiers a lot of cooking, so i guess im just gonna have to get used to it.

MC Mike
Yea, I can cook! All I need are the microwave times and there! happy

Evy_O
it's "You gotta be" by Desree(?) wink great song happy

yerssot
http://www.lyrc.com.ar/lyric/D/Desree_You%20Gotta%20Be.html

Arachnoidfreak
Thanks!

Silver Stardust
I'm a horrible, horrible cook. Almost everything I cook turns out inedible. But I am trying to get better.

I can bake quite well, though big grin

Darth Surgent
I am a fine cook (by my own standards)......

yerssot
I can teach you but I have to charge.
*shakes dat bootay* eek!

Nazgulinthedark
my mom teaches me how to cook now and then, and she is an awesome cook big grin

Darth Revan
My cooking is fine cuisine, mon ami! eat chef

Arachnoidfreak
laughing I haven't heard that song in so long.

Phoenix
*hugs Evy* I was so scared that everyone was gonna be a great cook! We can suck at cooking together! big grin

BAsically, I am queen of 'things on toast', salads, and cold desserts. Ask me to cook anything more complicated and I crumble! wink I always add too much of something or too little, or it never bakes in the time the recipe says... etcetc

Phoenix
Baking... eek! Like chocolate cake! big grin

finti
nah the kitchen is a womens domain so I stay the hell out

Silver Stardust
I can make cakes okay...but what I'm really good at baking is cookies eek!

Evy_O
*hugs* happy sure, as long as we don't have to eat what each other cooks I take?... eek!

and it's very easy to warm stuff on the microwave as well... I'm excellent at that cool
I'll learn how to cook sometime though ninja

yeah this is the one confused

[NotResponding]
I can fry an egg big grin

yerssot
glad to be of service

Kaleanae
I cook, my food at least. My brother used to say that he likes my food that the food prepared by my mother. erm

Corran
with or without shell?

Clovie
could anyone tell me how much:

1 lb. of cheese (it is pound, right? and in kilos?)
1/4 c. sugar (cup? or what?, and if cup how much it would be in mililitres)
2 tbsp. light rum (blink totally no idea what tbsp could be)

thank you very much.

Phoenix
No, I wouldn't want to poison you with my cookery! sick

Phoenix
tablespoon, also called a dessert spoon

you can get proper measuring cups with standerdised measurements

yes a pound, but I will have to find a conversion chart to tell you how much in kilos...

Corran
0.454KG is a pound
dunno but if it is a 1/4c then just get a 2 cups, fill one with sugar and then pour from that into the other until both are equal then empty one and repeat the pouring process.
20 ml

Clovie
ok. so half kilo of cheese.

tablespoon is like soup spoon or coffe-spoon? confused

and 20 ml? is that 1/4c or what?

confused

finti
half a kilo of cheese, what are you planing to make a cholesterol bomb

Clovie
not really... tiramisu happy

finti
hmm sounds like hazard food for those with cardiac problems

Clovie
i don't know.
all i know that it is damn tasty. and it's really hard to get here sad

oh.. and i didn't quote whole recipe bag

Arachnoidfreak
hahahaha laughing

naybean
laughing

I'm a terrible cook. i stick to salads and ready made meals yes

But I do know someone who tried to boil an egg with no water in the pan laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud

Evy_O
neither would I stick out tongue

ClaraG
I'm not a bad cook stick out tongue

Kaleanae
That's that horrible song, I heard that somewhere eek!

Yerss, do you really know how to cook?

yerssot
of course, why wouldn't I know ? messed

yeah, it's Milkshake from Kelis happy

Silver Stardust
That song is horrible.

One of my best friends is going to culinary school, so I'm going to make her teach me to cook happy

yerssot
but it's so fun to say eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.