Middle-earth Online

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

seretur
There is this new game that will come out sometime early next year(2005). It is a virtual Middle-earth world where you can go any where you want. You can play as men, hobbit, dwarf, or elf (but elfs what were born sometime in the third age). It is MMOPRPG.

Official Homepage

There are different kinships that you can join. Mine is the Elves Alliance. We accept both elves and men. Come by and check it out.

Elves Alliance Forum

angelsflame265
I've heard of this lol i'm on there mailing list already

seretur
Ok. Are you thinking of plaing?

angelsflame265
yea it sounds cool, there is another game kinnda like this I like to play, the only diffrence really is that its not lord of the rings based

Agent Elrond
I would love to play, but there are too many Online games out or comign out. It'll cost way to much to play all the games I want, plus I wouldn't have time. I want to play this game, maybe in a few or too once I'm in college

ladygrim
kkkewl

seretur
What?

ladygrim
kewl means cool

seretur
Oh. Duh.

ladygrim
ts ok...

seretur
Are you going to play it?

ladygrim
thinking bout ihad a look on the www earlier it looks quite kewl

seretur
It really is. The only bad part is that there is a monthly fee, not too big, and that the elves are going to be born sometime in the third age.

seretur
More Info

If you have any questions you most likely will find the answers there. And the forums are down for matnence.

ladygrim
smile

Smodden
how much is the monthly fee$$$?

I'm on a tight budgetno expression

Thorondor
10-15 euros is average for a mmorpg

Smodden
okie I'm def. getting it

seretur
Yeah that is about right. I might be even less because there are a lot of people that are going to play. But I am not sure.

MEO Source <More info

seretur
It is 10-15 dollars not euros

Thorondor
That's a bit expensive O.o

seretur
1 euro is about $1.25

Smodden
Hey I'm kinda new to mmorpgs...so will I have dificulty picking this one up?....I've never played a Masive online rpg...only console rpgs...are they hard to learn? cause I'm gona play it anyway

seretur
They Are not that hadr to learn. The Buttons are really easy. The only hard part is to know where stuff is and where can you go for different quests but don't worry you wount be he only one for this game hasn't came out yet (As you probobly already know that). What can really help you is if you join a kinship. Your kinship member will really help you out a lot, with good weapons or good quests, or even to protect you.

seretur
Here is another good link that could help you out with MEO.

OGaming
Gamespot (Don't trust the trailer it is one of the old ones and it is basicaly how it is going to be, graphics wise, but the whole sword magic thing, that is not true)

seretur
THE MEO FORUMS ARE BACK UP.

Smodden
Thanks!big grin

Lord_Andres
Can't wait to get my hands on it big grin

BackFire
Looks like a good game, can't wait for it to be released.

Thorondor
To be honest i don't know if it will be that good, lots of better ones out there =\

Smodden
but there are NO middle earth ones out there.....so It HAS to be good.

Thorondor
True but there are similar one's, I suppose it will be worth a play but i bet it gets boring pretty quick, they have probably limited the things you can do, only lvl up i bet =\

seretur
Oh no there are many things you can do. You are always going to be one step behind the Fellowship and moral values will determine what class will you become. Like for elves there is an archer and avenger. Archer is if you are good and follow the advice of the Valar but avenger you are corrupt, still good, but evil. Like a Good Bad ass. Oh and what you do may effect the fellowship. But not like only you but what all of the players do.

Thorondor
What i meant was instead of doing quests and killing bad guys to lvl up all the time, can you go hunting for food, make weapons, go fishing, sailing?

seretur
You can do that too. There are crafting skills. You can even persinolize your weapons. You can buy a house get married go to parries.

Thorondor
That's what i want to hear big grin...games like risk your life are good but get boring after a week, decent MMORPG's are the shitaki mushrooms and can play them for year's big grin like EVE.

seretur
I dought this game will get boring because probobly in 2 or 3 mounths you still wouldn't see eveything there is to see. Plus the expansions, a lot of stuff to do and see.

Smodden
eek!EXPANSIONS!
I'm getting ahead of myself.....

Do you have an official release date.?

seretur
No The developers don't even know. But It is going to be come time next year early next year. It is most likely be on Feb of 2005. Feb July and Novemebr the the tipical release dates for games.

Thorondor
Won't be feburary or they would have said already, will probs be november-december '05

seretur
No it is not they said it will be EARLY '05. And the developers didn't post any updates lately but there are a lot of them.

Thorondor
Yeah...so? lol

Star Wars Galaxies was meant to be out on xbox about 1 and a half years ago when it came out on PC but it's still not out.

FFXI was meant to come out in Europe when it came out in the US but it didn't.

Just saying don't get your hopes up stick out tongue

seretur
Oh I know that I shouldn't get my hopes up. But it is most likely to be Feb. '05.

Thorondor
Afraid not if it was there would have been an official date by now, sorry

seretur
WEll on gamestop it sais Jan 3 '05. But I understand what you are saying

Smodden
and because there IS NO release date, as you have just said, the date COULD be in feb.

ladygrim
:P

seretur
Well guys anybody else has something to say?

Thorondor
Doubt it

Nope

1985 ;
JKSDHJKDFSA. ew.
matrix online <3
who would buy MIDDLE EARTH ONLINE? You'd have to be drugged up or something. kthnx xD

PippinTook
People who happen to like LOTR would buy Middle-Earth Online...blink Did you ever think that people would like something else besides the Matrix, 1985? confused

Well, I know I'm buying it when it comes out. Happy Dance It's seems awesome.

seretur
It really is. If you want to know more ask me or go to http://www.meo.com/

seretur
Who will you be? A men, or dwarf, and elf or hobbit?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.