Godsmack Vs Metallica

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PunisherFan33
Whos Better

PunisherFan33
godsmack is better than metallica

lil bitchiness
Why compare Gosmack and Metallica? huh

Myth
I've often heard people accusing Godsmack of copying Metallica. So, I'm guessing thats the reason. Kind of like people say Puddle of Mudd is a rip off of Nirvana.

Darth Revan
No, she's saying that because Godsmack is generally boring. Metallica is not.

lil bitchiness
Whatever happened to Godsmack anyway?

Deathblow
Apparently they're making a movie which is gonna hit the big screen sometime soon. I'm sure it'll be the most thrilling movie since...what was Adam Sandler's latest flick called?

Godsmack suck. Metallica rule.

Df02
omg, worst poll ever......Metallica shit ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL over Godsmack...infact most people shit on Godsmack haha

Arahael
Those are two of the biggest insults I think I've ever heard. Godsmack and Puddle of Mudd have got to be some of the crappiest bands to ever come in to existence.thumbdown

DarthCyrax
godsmack rules. there stuff is great. metallica is old now there snt anger album sucked. so i say godsmack

Arahael
Yeah St. Anger did suck, their older stuff was better, but Godsmack hasn't made any good music at all.

LanİeWindu
I like some of Godsmack's songs, but Metallica blows them completely out of the water.

Adult Swim only b!tch!

Arahael
Rock on! thumbup1

Alpha Centauri
I saw Godsmack supporting Metallica.

They sucked. It was funny that they had two drummers and thought it would impress people. I just sat there and thought "What the hell is this garbage?" Then Metallica came on and all was well.

-AC

tabby999
pffft, was there any doubt in metallica winning that poll?

Arahael
Yeah, no kidding.

raginrhino_316
I say godsmack is tottaly better than metallica....no doubt about that!!!!!!

Arahael
Well, you're in the minority

TrAnCeDuO
punisher...you really need to stop making such stupid threads...seeing as im a veteran of this forum please pm me before you make another one? that way you wont look like an idiot...

Turbo-Cajun
They both sold out.

If you disagree with me look at Garge Inc., look at S&M, and look at the fact that Godsmack sold the rights of some of their songs to the United States Navy. And St. Anger sucked hella.

Put that in a pipe and smoke it.

Arahael
Right...

steely balls
godsmack ripped off alice and chains and metallica....metallica wins of course even their latest stuff still proves godsmack sucks

Blind-Enemy
godsmack ripped off alice in chains and not metallica as someone said...

the band's name was taken from an alice in chains song , the band logo is the same as the one of AIC and the first godsmack album has alot of similarities to the AIC sound... and i think i heard that the guys of godsmack started as an AIC cover band, but i'm not shure about this.

is true that metallica's latest work isnt their best (or fan favorities) , but metallica has its place in hard rock/metal history... the master of puppets , lighting and the black album are classics and i dont think godsmack'd ever top that... no matter how much the new metallica album suck ,they're still worth it seeing them live rock

Arahael
Hell yea!

raginrhino_316
metallica is one of if not the worst bands ever st.anger blows donkey balls!!!!

TrAnCeDuO
i voted metallica because even though their new stuff sucks at least they made some really nice songs in the past...i have yet to say the same about godsmack...

SlipknoT
Well even though Metallica has been sucking since after The Black Album, they still kick the shit out of GodSmack

Fearnix
WTF
GodSmack are bollocks
and Metallica kick ass
how the **** can you compare the two?

Fearnix
what 4 idiots voted for GodShit i mean smack

Spicy_Mchaggis
dude comparing godsmack to metallica is like comparing good charlotte to led zeppelin. of course metallica is better because theyve been around longer, they know what people like. other than st. anger which is there personal low, godsmack still puts out good music. They both have balls for doing original material. metallica is original in that it introduced real metal to the world and godsmack is original in that they put out an all acoustic cd for a metal band. how many times do you see that? im going to see both bands in november so i will let you know who has a better live show.

PunisherFan33
i would compar them bcause they are both touring together

LoSt_
Metallica Metallica...Enter SandMan r0x.

OB1-adobe
I love metallica. I thought St. Anger was terrible, but that doesn't mean I think they suck now. I loved the LOAD albums. They wern't heavy, but there is still some really good songs on there. I don't believe in the term "sold out".

BackFire
Godsmack sucks, metalica sucks. Metalica doesn't suck as much, thus, they are better.

Turbo-Cajun
If you had a gun to my head and absolutely made me choose, i would give an answer similiar to Backfire.

StinkFist462
well didnt godsmack have the same war intro sound as metallicas "one" did ? i cant remember the godsmack song

Ronny
Metallica by far

norrin radd
is this for real? Metallica all the way.

CherryPie
old god smack was cool...now they suck cause it's all mellow!
Metallica back in the day kicked ass and now I don't have a feel for them anymore sad

Korri
are you flaming well kidding me??

look son just go stand outside this forum. Go on. I cant believe you actually ask me that question.

*walks out and slams door*

TrAnCeDuO
can people just let this retarded topic die!?

eezy45
Again, Amen!! Metallica definitely

eezy45
You rock

Korri
omg i love your signature!!

Maiden drool

eezy45
I KNEW you'd say it sometime big grin Thanks,
yours is great also f'course

Maiden yes rock

eezy45
... and your status is my MSN Screen Name big grin

Korri
omg you totally have to talk to me droolio

eezy45
We are talking droolio

Korri
We sooooooo are .drool:

MornGlory
there should be no polls for Godsmack vs Metallica-- thats just stupid

Obviously Metallica is way better - they are classic-- Godsmack isn't even that great to begin with

they are shit big time compared to Metallica

DarkDementia
IM SO SICK OF HEARING THIS!! They did NOT get there name from alice in chains... a friend of sully's had a sore on his lip, and sully laughed at him and made fun of it... the next day, sully had the same thing, and i believe it was the guitarist that said "You just got smacked by god" ... It stuck

READ UP ON IT BEFORE YOU POST DAMNIT!

goto google and check out "sully erna interviews" ... he clearly states it WAS NOT FROM alice in chains ... jees

DarkDementia
Oh, and godsmack frikken rules... go read the lyrics and try to understand what they mean. Its awesome =D

TrAnCeDuO
http://www.i-mockery.com/absolut/metallica-large.jpg

Korri
laughing i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scarpa
They both rock

Darth Revan
... or not. no expression

ragesRemorse
As achievments, and consistancy. Metallica is sitting at the top of the throne. godsmack is far to young to compare them with a band like metallica. If you are reffering to New metallica, then Godsmack is defaintly light years beyond Metallica, but when you get into Metallica's good shit, the Archives are to many.

DaRk Lotus
Frist of all y do u not have a both option? BTW MuDvAyNe is better than both smile

SlipknoT
Mudvayne is better than some of the new Metallica, but if you compare Mudvayne to old metallica Mudvayne dosnt stand a chance

MagdalenA
dumb comparison.

metallica laugh at godsmack and then at you for comparing them.

Korri
exactly!

Leprechaun
You can't compare Metallica to Godsmack, both (in my opinion) are great, but Metallica are brilliant. . .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.