nominations for next weeks poll for october's book of the month

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BadKitty
if any one has a book they would like me to include in next weeks poll I post for october's book of the month please post them here.(if your shy you can pm me)

please keep in mind that I can only make the poll with a couple handfuls of nominations,so if there are to many nominations some will have to excluded perhaps if you see one nominated you agree with say you'd like that one as well, the more a book is wanted it will be surely placed in the poll

one nomination per person please to try to keep the poll at ten if one person nominates more than one book the first will be included in the poll or if another person also agrees with another book that should be included.

also if there is to few nominations I am going to use the most popular votes from september's poll as the fillers.

I want our book club to be enjoyed by everyone who wishes to participate all your suggestions and ideas are very much appreciated!

~bkk

p.s.~ Keep book in the confines of the forums pg-13 rating.
Book should be in print and available in paperback edition.

p.s.s. ~ any one nominating a book from a trilogy or a series must specify the particular book and not the entire group of books in order to be included in the voting process for the book of the month.

yerssot

kanis
alien I would like to nominate the Sword of Shannara trilogy or the wheel of time series because they are both excellent books.

Londonboy7
I know that we shouldn't have series but The Scorpion part of the clan war seirs is very good

Laviera_j
I would like to nominate the Sevenwaters Trilogy by Juliet Marillier AND The Handmaids Tale by Margaret Atwood.

BadKitty
like londonboy did...if it is a series of books you can only pick one....post which one you'd like for it to be included.

^

MasterWizard
It by Stephen King.

Primitive Screwhead
Good choice, but we couldn't even get through The Stand fast enough to have any discussion on it last month, and that's almost 300 pages shorter.

I'm nominating The Eight by Katerine Neville this month. It would carry some interesting contrast to The DaVinci Code...

urthstripe321
Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood

Arachnoidfreak
The Portrait (or Picture) of Dorian Gray.

MasterWizard
My copy of The Stand is about 100 pages longer than my copy of It.

If It will be too long to have time to discuss, I would like to nominate instead The Gunslinger by Stephen King, if it's alright.

Primitive Screwhead
Any King choice will always be seconded by me... especially one of the Dark Tower series. Just got my Artist's Edition of the final Dark Tower book today!

urthstripe321
we already had a King book this year, how about we broaden our horizons a little, eh?

vaya_the_elf
dragonlance (any of the first two trilogy)

Arachnoidfreak
I forgot to include the author...

The Portrait of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.

Phoenix
'Lucky' by Alice Sebold

mechmoggy
Did ya'll read Life of Pi yet? I really enjoyed it.

I'll make that my nomination.

big gay kirk
Hiya everybody... do I really need to say what I'd like to nominate...?? Give you a clue... its by Peter Beagle, it begins with "T", ends with "n" and has "he Last Unicor" in the middle.....

Z4¢|<
I would like to nominate Foundation by Isaac Asimov

Evy_O
I second that yes

coolboarder98
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

I want this one to win, i think i nominated it a couple months back.

kanis
alien Okay then the Wheel of time series if thats okay.

Mr Zero
the great gatsby - f scott fitzgerald

Not that anyone will read it if it wins...

MasterWizard
I don't think you can nominate a series, but maybe just one book from it that you would like nominated.

BadKitty
^ your right . I had posted that previously

if anyone who has nominated a series and has not yet picked a single book from that series by tomorrow their entry will not be included..sorry.

Z4¢|<
Fahrenheit 451 was Mays book of the month but it wasn't you who nominated it.

Quendiñoldo
The Silmarillion, by J.R.R. Tolkien

Silver Stardust
Dune, by Frank Herbert

(no, not the whole series, just the first book)

Phoenix
it was ok, but I wouldn't read it again

mechmoggy
Really? I thought it was worth a re-read.

What was your take on the alternative story he tells the Japanese business men? I know which one I preferred!

BadKitty
nominating has now ended...sorry to those who nominated entire series in this thread...as I had stated prior to my closing ,you must pick only one book.

those that failed to reply about their nomination will be excluded..please keep that in mind next month and try again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.