So Anakin is the chosen one huh?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
If this needs to be moved by all means move it. Wasnt completely sure where to put it.

Up till now we have been told that Anakin is the chosen one, and that his midi count is off the charts. BUT, in ESB and ROTJ Palp makes reference to the fact that Luke has the power to destroy both of them.
This got me to wondering.
Is Anakin the more powerful than his son? Would Luke's midi count be higher than Anakins? And for that matter is either Anakin or Luke more powerful than Sideous?

WarSpawn
Anakin is definitely more powerful than Sidious....im not sure about Luke. Luke is almost as powerful as Anakin i think....im sure his midichlorian count is somewhere around Vader's level, but not quite as powerful.

rapmastad
yeah, i bet hes even more powerful than luke!!!!!

and if you dont know ^ way of mocking you

Darth_Duffy
i'd say it was anakin who is the chosen one as he brings balance to the force by killing sideous. if anakin Hadnt have intervened then luke would almost certianly have perished at the hands of sideous.

Jedi Priestess
But then why would Sideous think that Luke had the power to destroy him? And for that matter why didnt Sideous realise that VADER was going to be the end of him?

zutalurs
Lucas has said point blank in the AOTC commentary that ANAKIN is the chosen one.

The Emp says he forsees that Luke could destroy them both. In other words he got a glimpse of the end of ROTJ. But just like Yoda, he gets many glimpses of many possible endings. He has no way of knowing which will happen.
Luke doesn't physically destroy anyone. He destroys Vader by bringing out the good in Anakin. When he does that, then Anakin destroys Palps.

Jedi Priestess
uh I dont believe my question was who is the chosen one.......I am very much aware that Anakin was the chosen one so please dont quote Lucas to me like I am a simpleton.
the Q was who is stronger? Father or son?

Morgoths_Wrath

Jedi Priestess
Anakin is the only one born of the force Luke had a father.

But I like your points.

Ushgarak
Fact is, Luke's final potential is something we can only speculate on. He has a fast track development like his father, but starts very late. Who is stronger can only be determined by opinion as we have no fair comparison.

Jedi Priestess
so what would be your opinion Ush?

Morgoths_Wrath
yea, I know Anakin was the only one...that was a typo stick out tongue

my bad

Ushgarak
I'd be reluctant to express one- we only ever see Luke as a Padawan. If pressed, I say Anakin- George Lucas has out and out said that Luke could not have stopped the Emperor himself. But even so, that might be more due to age and inexperience than a straight lack of power.

Anakin is my instinct.

PVS
i think the emporer forsaw the possability of vader turning to the good side.

in the new dialogue of ESB, it sounds to me that the emporer KNOWS that vader was hiding luke's identity from him. listen to his voice when he says "search your feelings lord vader, you will know it to be true"

to me that sounds like "dont play stupid with me vader, i see through you"

also, palpatine said "he could destroy us", but by that did he mean "he could kill us both" or "he can bring an end to the sith"

afterwards, vader assured him that "he's just a boy", but i always took that as his last feeble attempt to convince palps to call off his attack. when that fails, he then spills his idea of luke joining the sith....however, they both have different hopes of how that will play out wink

Jedi Priestess
all that and no clear opinion eh PVS? laughing

I have wondered about this myself many times...my pick is Anakin as well

PVS
oh my opinion is anakin all the way.

luke is the catalist for anakin's rebirth, and palps can see this.
luke is the only one (to his knowledge) who can make a connection with vader, and reach down through all the 'twisted evil' and save anakin's soul. without luke, vader would have remained vader, and anakin's soul would be dead forever. so, he was right when he said "he could destroy us"

palps never says anything about luke's power, just what he is capable of doing. and he was correct.

Cipher
Anakin is more powerful than Luke, no question.
The title probably should've been a little different because this looked like a
pointless debate a known fact, but now I see it isn't.

Anakin2Vader
Sidious knew that Luke had the power to destroy them but only because he could turn Vader who I believe was more powerful than Sidious or Luke.

zutalurs
Didn't mean to offend, but this does make it sound as though you are unclear WHO the chosen on is, as does the very title of this thread.

Jedi Priestess
<-----isnt unclear on much when it comes to SW sweetie.

zutalurs
well, that's a relief. so many of these "who really is the chosen one" threads gets a little tiring.

darktim1
I figured they had the same strength but it seemed when luke cut off fathers hand that he became stronger than his father for now may force be with you.

Deep Hatred
Look, this question is very simple to answer !!! Anakin was born from the Force and when it comes to raw power, no one can match him !!! Luke was a danger to the Sith, not because he was more powerful, because he could have been killed by Vader in ESB and Vader could have again slaughtered him when he had him captive as for the Emperor, he was cooking up Luke pretty well, and if you recall Luke was pleading for his father to help him !!!! The reason that Luke "beat" Vader, was because Vader was in conflict with himself and didn't want to kill Luke ! Watch ROTJ again and see what Luke tells Vader on more than one occasion !!! The reason Luke is a threat is that he brought out the good that was left in Anakin, allowing Anakin to fulfill his prophecy, destroying the Emperor !!! Luke also remained a Jedi to the very end, refusing to give in to the Dark Side like his father did, showing that he did have a greater strength of character than Anakin, which of course helped Vader see the error of his ways ! Episode 3 will give us the final explanations and show us Anakin/Vader's true power and why he obeys the Emperor !!!

PVS
!!!!!!!

I think Vader is always the strongest one...I think what the Emperor is worried about is the fact that Anakin's tract record for doing things based on "love" and "emotions" has always been his downfall...Therefore Luke all of a sudden showing up could bring them down just on the basis that Anakin is impressionable and always has been and if anyone could flip him back and ruin the Empire would be the son of Vader...The "new hope" ...All concocted in the minds of Obi and yoda...What a good plan...

Jedi Priestess
Look Deep.......I am MORE THAN AWARE OF HOW THE STORY GOES GOT IT? I opened this thread for discussion and speculation if your feeble skills arent up for that I suggest you take your exclamation points and shove em where the sun dont shine...Alrighty?

Boris
Anger....hate......fear...

Ushgarak
Oooh, ok now, calm down, folks...

Jedi Priestess
<-------got a tad pissy there

Sorry Ush sometimes I cant help myself. hehehehhe

PVS
!!! laughing

queeq
Simple? THat long explanation? laughing

And I doubt we'll get the explanations, pal. I think GL will leave that for us to debate endlessly during the years to come on forums. Good to know we'll have a purpose after May 2005.

PVS
LOL!!!!

simple answer: review chapters 3 to 47 laughing laughing laughing

queeq
laughing out loud laughing out loud

Deep Hatred
I do have to apologize for the misunderstanding caused by my using so many exclamations !!! It's just my style of writing !!! I'm also fed up of people still thinking that Luke is more powerful than Vader, people have even thought (on other threads/forums) that Luke is the Chosen One !!! I'm just saying that the movies explain quite nicely why/how certain things occured !!! And like I said, Episode 3 will give us the final explanations and show us Anakin/Vader's true power and why he obeys the Emperor !!!

PVS
hmmmm...i see.....well let me ask you this...

do you talk like you type? laughing laughing laughing

Anakin2Vader
YES!!!! YES I DO!!!! I SUFFER FROM AN AFFLICTION KNOWN AS VOICE IMMODULATION!!!

hmmm no one is gonna recognize that are they... o well humor lost

captainmidnight
it did take lukes strength to get anakin/vader to be the strongest,if VADER ceased to be who he was,he would have not been unable to beat vader and palpatine.....

Sith Master X
According to Lucas, Anakin was the chosen one and will always be the chosen one, despite that his career was cut short.

Rhino17
stupid post n00b

Morgoths_Wrath
HAH! laughing

Rhino...to call the Jedi Priestess a "n00b" is comparable to calling Yoda a youngling

wait til she sees this...

Rhino17
*YAWN*

she/he should go and join a REAL forum instead of this two bit place.

acompletewasteofspace.com comes recommended

Jedi Priestess
ah yes.........and you should know the true definition of n00b I suppose? I think Mongorth summed it up quite nicely ya Idjit. You werent even a glimmer in your fathers eye when SW came out in 77 pal and I was there for it all......wait a sec....why am I wasting my time with such a lowlife goat lover? PASS

Anakin2Vader
Rhino17... Total Posts 2

Jedi Priestess
oh but A2V that makes him an expert dontcha know

PVS
JP you n00b laughing laughing laughing

Jedi Priestess
aw thnx pal.......and turn on your msn

GCG
Damn ozzies ! are they all bloody stoopid ?

PVS
ozzie? what that?

wuTa
YES!!! it seems we have a problem CONTROLLING THE VOLUME OF OUR VOICE AND THE WAY WE TYPE!!!!

PVS
WHAT!?!?!? YOU'LL HAVE TO SPEAK UP!!!

wuTa
HOW CAN I SPEAK UP!!! when i cant conrol the volume OF MY VOICE??!!!

Cipher
Man, this thread took a nosedive......

Is Anakin the chosen one? No question. Is he more powerful than Luke? Yes. Is this really worthy of debate? Not really......

nigeyo2000
anakin is more powerful than luke...... but anakins feelings deceived him thats why luke won.....

why do people always have to act like they know it all ?? or act like like others know nothing and they invented star wars ???

thats the feeling on here recently...thats why i left tfn as you couldnt post anything without a nasty remark or some jumped up fan thinking they were GL in a previous life or something and telling everyone they were wrong.....

queeq
I still think Luke is stronger. After all, he was, unlike his father, able to resist the temptations of the Dark Side.

Ushgarak
He was too dumb to UNDERSTAND the temptations of the Dark Side...

On a more serious note, he would have succumbed were it not for his father- he realised he would end up like him. Anakin had no such 'role model' to learn from.

But yes, let's keep this debate to who is stronger out of Anakin and Luke, please...

Gangularis
i know you guys like hate this supershadow guy, or whatever..

but i thought this was confirmed by lucas as the actual midichlroadneasdasdnas count??

http://www.supershadow.com/starwars/midi.html

Jedi Priestess
good grief I dont know why I bother anymore.....As Ive stated time and again in this thread the I am aware of the obvious answers to these questions. I opened this thread for 1 reason.

To spark a debate with some substance as many threads here of late are SADLY lacking.

Its obvious that people with an IQ level above gnat managed to get with the spirit of the thread the rest of you are sadly lacking in creativity and foresight.

But then you know what? Screw it....this was the last thread I open in this section......I get tired of trying to have an adult conversation in the midst of children.

mad mad mad

zutalurs
Please get over yourself. Attitudes like this one stultify and stagnate boards like this. Wonder why there are so many observations about the attitudes on this or any other board? Because, eventually a proprietarship takes hold of the people who have become "vested" in the board and they run off anyone who doesn't immediately clique with them and their idiosincratic personalities.
Don't do us any favors by posting "trick" threads. OR if you do, don't get your granny-panties in a wad if people who haven't been around since "God was an intern" don't realize that you are being magnanimous and throwing us neophytes a bone.

P.S. How's that vocabulary for someone with such a pittance of an I.Q. as you assume I and my fellow youngling posters have?

Jedi Priestess
hysterical

Jedi Priestess
oh and btw sweetheart....if you are going to use such big words as proprietorship at least use the spell check. wink

zutalurs
not worth a response, yet you gave me two? thanks. I feel so special.
but you're kinda creeping me out calling me sweetheart like that. like some old aunt who pinches cheeks and always smells like moth balls.

zutalurs
nice edit JP. so, telling me I'm only worthy of the smilie was redundant or what?

zutalurs
Hope you looked at the definition when you looked up the spelling too.

queeq
Okay people.... let's not bicker and argue about who killed who. THis is supposed to be a happy forum.

queeq
But this thread is not. CLOSING

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.