i hope this isnt all!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xam
i hope these changes arent the only ones made to the september 21st release of the trilogy on DVD!!!! confused

A New Hope:
- 24'51" : twin sun effect has been renewed.
- 48'50" : Han Solo avoids Greedo's shot before shooting at him.

- 50'30" : Jabba effect renewed completely, in accordance with Episode 1.

- 71'30" and after : Death Star jail corridor is much deeper.

- 77' : the garbage monster has been improved.

- 82'10" : "Power" and "Tractor Beam" stencils have been replaced with Star Wars "foreign" signs.

Empire Strikes Back:
- 50'56" to 52'05" : Emperor's hologram has been reshot with Ian Mc Dairmid. A new dialog has been recorded and Palpatine informs Vader about Luke's real identity!

- 63'42", 87'18" & 98'39" : Boba Fett's dialog has been re-recorded by Temuera Morrison.

- 92'05" & 92"15 : Han Solo's black jacket has been erased, due to cut mistakes in the original movie.

- 101'40" : Luke's scream, which was added in the '97 Special Edition, has been removed again.

Return Of The Jedi:
- 24'44" and after : Edge transparency defects around the Rancor have been removed.

- 115'41" : Old Anakin's eyebrows have been erased and eyes are now blue, to fit with Hayden Christensen.

- 120'44" : Naboo has been added to Tatooine, Bespin, Coruscant and Endor victory celebration scenes.

- 120'58" & 121'03" : Senate & Jedi temple are now included in Coruscant panoramic view.

- 122'30" : As everyone knows already, Hayden appears as a ghost beside Yoda and old Obi-Wan at the end of the movie.

lets hope this isint all!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pooperpants
dude, thats alot! But anyway, yea, thats all there is... For now...

Cipher
What more do you want?

Actually, I just read a review that said that there numerous dialogue changes:
additions and subtractions apparently......

OB1-adobe
One thing I'm am rooting for is a new upgrade on the deathstar plans in ANH. Lookin a little dated there. And maybe a more grand introduction to the deathstar when vader arrives on the devastator.

General Kaliero
You forgot that the English lettering and numbers in ANH have been switched to Aurebesh!

mephistodesigns
no he didn't, read the last line of ANH changes. That's the english lettering that's been altered.
There are a lot more changes, but mainly they're subtle visual ones. Remember the added scene in 97 of the landspeeder entering Mos Eisley? he fixed up the landspeeder. Now it moves more naturally, has blue engine exhaust and 3PO and R2 look more realistic and 3PO is now moving his arm. They've also made several alterations to background mattes and plate photography for all movies to liven them up so they don't look so flat. Apparently they've put in things moving, more wheather effects, stuff like that. Supposedly ALL blue screen lines have been fixed, the Rancor is listed since its the most obvious example for fans. All the lightsabers are now clean and crisp like in Ep 2. The only dialog changes I've read about that were specifically mentioned was the Emperor (listed in the opening post) and Vader scene, and apparently the line Leia says about remembering her mother has either been omitted or altered. Most likely the "she died when I was very young" since Padme most likely dies in ROTS. But, like Cipher said, there are probably more than a few. Probably for the same reasons as the 97 editions. Personally I wish they'd put back Luke telling R2, "you're lucky you don't taste very good" when he's spit out on Dagobah versus the 97 change (because it had a "better quality" print visual for them to work with) to "you're lucky to have gotten outta there." But there are suppose to be a lot more subtle visual changes similar to the landspeeder scene I mentioned earlier. Several reviews have also pointed out the cantina aliens now have been very slightly altered so that they blink and move a little more for characters who are masks so the masks now look more livened up. A couple reviews even mentioned the Ewoks now having their expressions altered to look more life like as well. i'm a huge fan of Anakin's eyebrows being erased (mentioned in the opening post). Even before the prequels I always wondered how he lost his hair in the "lava" but not his eyebrows. but that's all I've seen listed. But they were usually seen listed as examples, so many changes along these lines are said to have been made.

Xam
thanks mephistodesigns that was nice.

mephistodesigns
no problem, i spent a ridiculously long time tuesday night digging online for screen shots and reviews that noted changes. The new dianoga in ANH was especially well done, it wasn't a clip, so I'm not sure if the movement is changed, but the eye has been redone and it looks good. Digitalbits.com, in their dvd reviews of the trilogy, they listed and had screen shots of several bigger changes.

http://movieweb.com/dvd/news/news.php?id=4988

you'll probably have to cut and paste that since I don't know how to post links and I'm too lazy to learn (sorry). But that takes you to an article with "click here" at the bottom three times (next to each film) and will take you to photos of changes from each film. There are a ton of sites out there with good quality screen shots. I can't believe how clear it is. From what I've seen, it looks like it was made with todays film quality. The shots are unbelievable from the color pallete to just the overall clarity.

mephistodesigns
oh, wow. it goes into link mode on its own. cool. again, if it doesn't work for you, cut and paste. I don't want a second or third @$$hole as I've seen happen to a few lazy link posters (like me).

OB1-adobe
Well we'll all get the whole potato here soon enough. We're just days away baby! I remember reading the press release in February, and now we're here. We got it in my work the other day. I held it in my hand. The box is not as silvery as I thought it was going to be, its more like a dirty platinum.

Xam
I held it not to long ago!!!!the art is fantastic on the dvd box

Ushgarak
Well, it's out now, discuss it here...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f5/t308349.html

Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.